Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Guest mindymoe

goldlotus said: There was news on today' s 2d1n ep on newsen. I dont know why I cant post link here :(
Who's the girls appear on screen? After School??

newsen

mrdimples said: Good write-up on Cutie

Source: http://filmsandbooks.com/koreas-busiest-star-joo-won-also-one-of-the-best/
class="post-header"Korea’s Busiest Star Joo Won Also One of The Best

With the K-Pop and K-drama phenomenon taking over not only Asia but the entire world, Korean pop stars and actors have become worldwide phenomenon. What makes Korean Drama so hot is a distinct flair for catchy, danceable beats and a rare mix of comedy and drama movies and television shows with in-depth characterizations and story arcs. What makes Korean actors so irresistible is the uncommon combination of genuine acting ability, heart-wrenching emoting and devastating good looks.

Based on a hit Korean comic novel, or manga, Bridal Mask was a runaway hit, dominating the ratings, largely due to some intense acting from the young lead Moon Joo Won.

Based on a hit Korean comic novel, or manga, Bridal Mask was a runaway hit, dominating the ratings, largely due to some intense acting from the young lead Moon Joo Won.

Joo Won One of Korea’s Hottest Actors

Among Korea’s hottest actors today, one rising star sets himself apart from the pack through a seemingly tireless pursuit of perfection. With the perfect blend of boyish charm and manly masculinity, Moon Joo Won is South Korea’s fastest rising star of this generation. He holds the unique distinction of being able to claim a runaway ratings hit from every drama he’s starred in and an uncanny ability to pick diverse roles that require absolute acting skill. Whether he plays a villain, the third in a romantic triangle or the heroic or romantic lead, he is able to make audiences just simply like him. Actors who appear with him on sets come away friends, impressed by his sheer like-ability.

Joo Won in Baker King threatened to steal away the spotlight from the lead actor, earning plenty of new fans for his supporting role early in his career.

Joo Won in Baker King threatened to steal away the spotlight from the lead actor, earning plenty of new fans for his supporting role early in his career.

Joo Won Started in Musical Theater

Having started his career in musical theater, his singing ability was never in question—and he often sings the sound tracks to his dramas. His strong theater acting chops led him to his first debut as a TV actor in 2010′s Bread, Love, and Dreams. Though he played a villain, he gave his character deep emotional depth, gaining the viewer’s sympathy for the antagonist role. The TV show went on to become South Korea’s national drama, and along with the show’s popularity and fame, so did Joo Won’s entry to the industry that has embraced him wholeheartedly for the last three years.

Watch Joo Won sing the main song for Bridal Mask live on stage at the KBS Drama Awards 2012:

After the show wrapped up, he immediately worked on a series of TV dramas. For the last three years, Joo Won has taken on roles from three different TV shows. After Bread, Love, and Dreams, he went on to play a detective in the family drama Ojakgyo Family, in a tear-filled romantic role that stole the hearts of fans. In this role he appeared vulnerable, real, loveable, a little noble and altogether cute with dimples that are simply irresistible. His charm was also apparent in Baker King, where he played a “supporting” role that threatened to steal the spotlight from the lead. Fans clamoured for more, and many were cheering for Joo Won over the protagonist character.

Joo Won as Action Hero

Perhaps to show he shouldn’t be typecast as the cute romantic lead, he shocked everyone with his ability to carry off the action-hero as Gaksital/Lee Kang-to in Bridal Mask. It was his role as Gaksital that sent him rising to the top as being the Prince of Ratings. Set in 1930′s Seoul, viewers and fans loved him as the masked man who fought injustice during the Japanese occupation. Action-packed, dramatic, and romantic, the show catapulted Joo Won as the ultimate leading man and action hero.

No one cries on camera as convincingly as superstar Joo Won. The tears flow freely. Joo Won proved they aren't phoney tears in an episode of 1 Night 2 Days where he was the only contestant able to spontaneously cry without makeup help.

No one cries on camera as convincingly as superstar Joo Won. The tears flow freely. Joo Won proved they aren’t phoney tears in an episode of 1 Night 2 Days where he was the only contestant able to spontaneously cry without makeup help.

Not satisfied with action hero, Joo Won showed he could play comedic romantic lead as a secret spy in his next TV show, 7th Grade Civil Servant, about a couple of NIS agents who must keep their identities hidden from each other. His sense of comedic timing, and famous facial expressions—no one does the sneer, pout, grumble, happy face, or tragic face better than Joo Won—made him the hit of the show, even if the drama wasn’t quite up to the popularity of Bridal Mask. He also proved his mettle as the consummate professional, carrying on with action martial arts filming even with torn ligaments in his leg, and managing to appear on the variety show 1 Night, 2 Days each week during the filming of Birdal Mask.

Joo Won Plays Autistic Savant

His upcoming project is called Good Doctor, where fans will get to see him play a genius pediatric surgeon who is also an autistic savant. No doubt he chose this role, again to challenge his limits as an actor—limits he hasn’t come close to reaching. From the trailers, it seems he nailed the character with sensitivity. It would be easy to create a caricature out of this role without the sensitivity that Joo Won is famous for. It is also a role that required guts, since actors are only as good as their last drama, and Good Doctor will be a singularly challenging role.

Watch the teaser for Good Doctor and you’ll see those famous Joo Won eyes, eyes that emote more than words could, and an incredible ability to act nearly any role:

Emotional intensity is one of the reasons Joo Won has dominated drama ratings in diverse dramas—and a reason why  fans seem to love him in every single role. Probably the most versatile actor in South Korea today, he has also sung the original sound track (OST) for Bridal Mask and Bread, Love and Dreams. More than just a triple threat, Joo Won has proven himself to show his great ability to play a variety of different characters. His Bridal Mask producer and agency only has praises for Joo Won, calling him this generation’s most outstanding star with a determination, sincerity, and honesty that is rare to find in the industry.

Joo Won as a spy in 7th Level Civil Servant. In this drama, he used his intense eyes and evocative facial expressions both to create romantic tension and—often—comedic relief.

Joo Won as a spy in 7th Level Civil Servant. In this drama, he used his intense eyes and evocative facial expressions both to create romantic tension and—often—comedic relief.

Busiest Actor in Korea

With a hectic schedule of filming a television show, he is also currently filming a movie with the working title, Only You, while appearing weekly on the variety program 1 Night 2 Days. The show is less acting and more fun/personality, and the real Joo Won shines, showing him to be as friendly, caring, fun and likeable as he appears in his dramas. He’s always quick with a hug for his bros on the show, ready to laugh at his failures, and never appears tired despite his 7 day-a-week schedule.

Since his debut in 2010, Joo Won has not had any breaks from work. The workaholic has admitted to being physically tired but has said that it is because of his hard work that he has achieved so much in such a short time, saying that everything is worth it. He keeps up with the demands of his career by exercising and eating well.

Joo Won's playful side is often evident in his dramas, and especially in the variety show 1 Nights, 2 Days which throws several of Korea's stars together into bizarre situations for two days and one night.

Joo Won’s playful side is often evident in his dramas, and especially in the variety show 1 Nights, 2 Days which throws several of Korea’s stars together into bizarre situations for two days and one night.

Certainly, there is no stopping Joo Won from becoming South Korea’s biggest star in the near future. He has unique, dreamy good looks—complete with killer dimples—can play both the villain and protagonist. He can play both the charming and sweet boyfriend, and a sexy, masculine vigilante. He can play the savant genius. The comic clown. The tear-jerker lead. He makes his audiences feel sad, happy, angry, thrilled. And he can sing with the best. With a staggering repertoire of unlimited talent and the looks to back it all up, Joo Won is set to light the K-pop and K-drama world on fire. Best of all, he has the talent and versatility to stay the lead for the long term. He’s not a trendy cutie, here today, gone tomorrow. No doubt Joo Won will dominate the ratings for a long time. He has what it takes to be a genuine Korean superstar

******************end*********************

Just asking anyone here receive any pm from maria97 I m not sure why she suddenly pm me and ask me m I a girl as she s a girl I reply I m a girl then she said she got PBM and wanna me to help her then I reply huh me?
I found it vvv wweird sia if need cutie things can aask coolreborn big leader ba And never see Herr in here or gd thread so the more I find it weird

Guest mindymoe

intermezzo... recalling BM..
SUPER INTENSE - GAZE - EYE TO EYE SCENE

BridalMaskE16120719HDTVX264-PAHE_zpsbe5f
cr : by me :D
i repeated this scene million times... it gives me goosebumps every time i see this.. they used to be bestfriend.. how come??? ckck.. there's saying that man's friendship lasting the longest, even they have strong bond till they get older. ckckck

apart from staring at his arms and luscious lips, i think i'm gonna spend the rest of the episode peeking to see if Cutie has any armpit hair.. i love a man with significant amount of it. not too much, not too little. a manly amount.... :\">
this is kind of embarrassing to admit....... X_X

farbarri said: apart from staring at his arms and luscious lips, i think i'm gonna spend the rest of the episode peeking to see if Cutie has any armpit hair.. i love a man with significant amount of it. not too much, not too little. a manly amount.... :\">

goldlotus

said:

farbarri

said: apart from staring at his arms and luscious lips, i think i'm gonna spend the rest of the episode peeking to see if Cutie has any armpit hair.. i love a man with significant amount of it. not too much, not too little. a manly amount.... :\">

this is kind of embarrassing to admit....... 

X_X

farbarri said:

goldlotus

said:

farbarri

said: apart from staring at his arms and luscious lips, i think i'm gonna spend the rest of the episode peeking to see if Cutie has any armpit hair.. i love a man with significant amount of it. not too much, not too little. a manly amount.... :\">

this is kind of embarrassing to admit....... 

X_X

farbarri said: apart from staring at his arms and luscious lips, i think i'm gonna spend the rest of the episode peeking to see if Cutie has any armpit hair.. i love a man with significant amount of it. not too much, not too little. a manly amount.... :\">