Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

OMG what is this fantastical news that I hear?
SHEESH! i leave for a few hours and joowon is confirmed into a new drama? AWESOME! I wonder who his partner is going to be... i hope someone athletic and awesome ... LOL 
I also watched Civil grade 7.... thingy... the movie that the drama is based off of...and it's pretty hilarious!... OMOMOOMO guys .... Joowon is finally going to do a romantic comedy.... I dunno if my heart/head is going to be able to take it....
and guys.... he's going to be in modern day clothes, as in jeans (hopefully tight enough to see his duck but... I KNOW YOU GUYS THOUGHT ABOUT IT!) jackets, t-shirts... and a GUN... omo. omo omo... my mind is going crazy right now...!!!!209n2o8.gif

I actually wished he would take a break but since he signed up for it... 21pfsl.jpg
jkjk I hope Joowon is in tip top shape for this one!!!
----EDIT---

JAVABEANS confirms joowon's latest drama http://www.dramabeans.com/2012/09/joo-won-signs-on-to-rom-com-spy-drama/

---EDIT---
OMG GUYS .... this is his character bio....OMG GUIES.....
Joowon's character bio:
 Joo-won plays our passionate hero Gil Ro, who decided in his youth that he wanted to be a spy after watching a Bond movie.
I am TOTALLY ready for this drama!... T___T It's going to start on Jan. though... AISH.!!!

Guest sunshine4ever

oh my..so i realized everyone was waiting patiently for mrdimples to create the thread of Joo Won's new romantic comedy? , everyone got shocked that it turned out to be me? lol. thank you everyone for waiting..<3333333333333

"5 Words Talk" Interview(not sure why 5 and I got 3 questions only.)652304f3d7ca7bcb9d2e7fa8be096b63f724a889

Q1: Bridal Mask is?JW: My new discovery
Q2: What's the Joo Won's main charm?JW: Can I say it like this? A child's perspective.
Q3: What do you want to do during Chuseok?JW: Spend it with my family
JW: Hi readers of Hankoki News, I am Joo Won, I am very happy to see you all.       Today I have come to Hankoki for an interview, it's a very meaningful interview.       It made me think of Bridal Mask again, it was a very enjoyable time.       Please continue to support Hankoki News       I will also do so. I will greet you again with a good project. Thank you

For this Chuseok festive season, actor Joo Won greeted the readers of Hankoki News using 3 lines of poetry. Recently, he has appeared in the recently ended KBS Bridal Mask, acting as the “Super Hero” Bridal Mask who brings comfort and hope to the people of Joseon during the Japanese Occupation.

In the drama, he was sweet beyond words towards the woman he loved and he was so evil as the Japanese lackey that people wanted to beat him up, and wearing the Bridal Mask he was the hero that would condemn those who were pro-Japanese. Displaying all sorts of charm, drawing the audience to him, we met at the Hankoki editing department on the 25th. Debuting in 2006 with the musical “Altar Boyz”, appearing in the 2010 drama Baker King, as an actor he grew rapidly. But he still displays that shy smile. We can say that compared to a stone that glows, he is more like a pure gem. We ask about his acting life in the past and his plans for the future.

This year Chuseok and your birthday falls on the same day, do you have any special plans?

In these recent years, I have been filming and unable to spend Chuseok with my family. But this year, I will like to spend it with my grandpa, grandma and relatives, eating songpyeon and pancakes(this one not sure). I would like to spend it happily like this. Although it is my birthday, the atmosphere of a festival is more important and better.

Compared to your earlier projects, the audience age range for Bridal Mask has expanded and how about the fans?

Compared to the past, it seems like there are many younger fans. Looking at the Fan Club, ages range from 3 years old to elementary school, junior school and high school. When I walked on the streets and get recognized by children, I am also amazed.

Bridal Mask’s filming lasted more than 6 months till September, what was the most difficult thing you face?

Not being able to sleep was the most painful. There were a lot of ACTION, explosives and shooting scenes, a lot of time is required. So working through the night became almost a daily affair. I did not sleep, my digestion was also bad but because my physical strength was good, friends gave me a nickname “X horse” but towards the latter half, I almost collapsed.

There were probably many times you felt like sitting slumped onto the floor?

Although I was very tired, filming was very interesting.  I never thought of giving up, I was also very close to the staff so I chatted and joked with them. Playing with them also recharged me.

In Happy Sunday-1N2D you shed tears when you went to Dokdo

As long as you are Korean, everyone had the same feeling. I only say “Dokdo is our land” but I never thought of visiting the island or take any concrete actions. It made me feel very apologetic. Dokdo looks lonely. If you go and see, you’ll know what I mean, there will be a stirring of certain emotions in your heart.

In 1N2D, you grew a lot closer to your sunbaes; did it help you in your acting skills in a special way?

Mainly it was with (Kim)Seung Woo Hyung  and (Uhm) Tae Woong Hyun that I discussed a lot about dramas. “For this type of drama, what is the main focus?” Discussions like these were very helpful. In Variety, (Lee) Seun Gun also gave a lot of help. Not matter what you say, he will be able to respond, and he is the hyung whom I am very grateful to.

You are promoting your album in Japan on the 10th October, as the main actor of Bridal Mask, will it affect your activities as a singer?

On Twitter, I read that many Japanese fans were saying that Bridal Mask is very enjoyable. Those people are not anti-Korea, they just simply like to watch my acting. Also, I will not have the burden of anti-Hallyu stars. I will just concentrate on the activities of being an actor and singer.

Do you feel the pressure of having to enlist?

No matter what, I have to go, I will not be stressed over it. I will enlist with a light heart and work hard concentrating on army life then after I leave the army, I will start afresh. I will enlist in 3 years’ time.

When did you start to dream of becoming an actor?

I started during junior school 3rd year. When I faced people, I could not even speak properly, I was also extremely introverted. So, I told my parents I would like to join drama. When many people heard me speak and applauded me enthusiastically, it was that joy that made me want to be an actor.

Then did your family object to you becoming an actor?

Needless to say, my parents were very against it. But I told them that I could eat instant noodles every day. This showed how passionate I was about acting.

If you are not an actor, what will you be?

I don’t seem to be able to do other things. As long as I can immerse myself in it, even if I am not able to sleep and yet be happy, I think it’s only acting.

Movies, dramas, musicals etc. you have tried it all. What do you like best?

This is like asking “Do you love your mother or your father?” A very difficult question. In musicals the audience is right there, in front of you, if you are able to show a genuine appearance, it will be very good. Dramas were able to give me a breakthrough in a short time. I was able to be very focused during movie filming and that was also very good. No matter how I think it through, I am unable to pick one favorite. 

Chinese translation: minidadalove from baidu

English translation: mrdimples@soompi

Source: Hankoki News

Omo omo omo!!!!!

Can I join in celebrating???! How lucky fans we are! Not long after the end if his previous drama he's already confirmed for another one!!! He's like his beloved hyung Tae Woong - they don't know how to rest.

Also, this is his first drama that won't be air on KBS. This means they're not going to promote his upcoming drama in 1N2D as they did when he was shooting Gaksital.

@coolreborn, @ mojobobo, @ mrdimples, @sunshine4ever, everyone...hello!
wow, wasn't able to check in this whole day until now as it was a really really shitty day @ work for me today.....sigh... and so many pages already.....lol

My fren texted me about JW taking part in the new drama and I'm excited too =D>

Guess we'll have to wait for some kind soul to post the raw oe eng sub eps in the forum to watch it in Jan......

Guest crimsonskyx

Good lord O_O I was sick for a few days and its 117 pages :oIts gonna be kinda late~ but who would like to enter a draw to win Joo Won goodies? (I don't have much of a budget to blow out on it but i thought it would be nice to celebrate his bday by presenting a little something to one lucky soompi fan)
Prize ~ Don't Click DVD (First Press Limited Edition)(Korea Version) & Bridal Mask OST + some beauty products from The Face Shop :)The first two will be shipped directly from YESASIA and the beauty products will be shipped via YESSTYLE. Don't click will be released on the 23rd of October so the OST will be shipped out on that day, but the faceshop products will be sent out earlier :D
I'll do a draw a name out of a hat thing to pick the winner ~ so feel free to either say would like to be in the draw here or PM me with a "blah" LOL Draw will close on the 1st of October ~ the winner will be announced here and notified via PM ~ and i'll do the whole asking for contact details thing then :)

Ahh... work is killing me. I really like his eyes, his smile, lips, cheeks. I want to pinch his cheeks when I saw him in aegyo mode. *sighs* I also like his hair... especially when its not half-baked-permed and was soak in sweat...hmmmm ,what would he smell like when he is sweating. *sighs* And his nose is just so cute. *pinch pinch* And those sexy neck with sexy adam's apple look just right especially when his shirt is partly unbuttoned. His body is just right, not so muscular not too thin... and that glorious bubble butt and boingy thingy. Those sexy legs are to die for.... and those feet that I saw framed in green slippers.... *tickles*

I think I just hit gutter moat bottom.... 8-> ;))