• Director:
  • Writer:
  • Network: KBS2
  • Episodes:
  • Release Date: August, 2013 --
  • Runtime: Mon & Tue 21:55
  • Language: Korean

Notes

1. "Green Mes" takes over the KBS2 Mon & Tue 21:55 time slot previously occupied by "Shark".
  2. Joo Won and Joo Sang-Wook have been offered the leading roles in the series and are "highly considering" the roles.

Cast

TBA

from Hancinema

... A medical drama based in the pedeatrics department.

--------------------------------

.....So Cutie is being offered the leading role. And highly considering it. Oh, hope he will take it. Let's hope he will. [-O< [-O< [-O<

Guest kithyhoo

mrdimples said: daydreamsindecember said: OMG!!!!!! Rejoice people!!!!!
BREAKING NEWS: JOO WON TO ACT IN <그린메스
Joo Won will be lead in upcoming medical drama <Green Mest? (scalpel)> following the KBS drama <Shark>. The drama is slated to air in August. The director Ki Min Soo did Ojakgyo Brothers. JW will be playing an autistic paediatrician.

Original source: http://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2013052108284752405&type=3 PS: I'm beyond overjoyed, but won't our cutie be exhausted juggling 1N2D, Ghost rehearsals, and now this?!?!

Tasia said: stearly said: coolreborn said: stearly said:

OMG!!!!!!!

I went to Naver, and I saw this news and I ran to our thread on a hypersonic speed!

@daydreamsindecember, thank you very much! All I was able to understand – it’s a new drama and I just couldn’t believe in such a happiness.

To play an autistic person – it’s a really challenging role. He really challenges himself and tries different roles.

I even can’t choose right words to describe how happy I am now.

Cutie in the drama!!!!!!!

Guest nhatkhanh

manyearsago said:

Joo Won’s visit in Taiwan elevated passion of fans that leads to high expectation of him becoming the “Next Generation of Hallyu Star”

Source:    http://news.kstyle.com/article.ksn?articleNo=1969239&categoryCode=PU

There are indications showing “Smart Guy” Joo Won will become the New Generation of Hallyu Star.

It was Joo Won’s first time visiting Taiwan and he arrrived on the 17 May.  Many local Taiwanese media and fans rushed to the airport in order to catch a glimpse of him.  The purpose of his visit was for fanmeeting and promotion.

He held his fanmeeting on 18 May with great success.  Other than the locals, fans from Thailand, Japan, China and other countries also came to participate the event.  He spent enjoyable 2 hours with fans briefing them on what he is currently up to and playing games with them.  Fascinated fans cheered loud for his singing ability.

A person of Taiwanese media highly praised him “The Great China is seeking for a Hallyu Star like Joo Won who possesses good appearance, acting and singing skills.  The articles of the local Taiwanese media reflected they have high expectation of Joo Won becoming the “Next Generation of Hallyu Star”.

He conveyed his feelings to fans “Although this was my first time visiting Taiwan, I was so touched by fans and felt thankful for their warm welcome.  I will visit Taiwan again.  Thank you for giving me lots of love.”

Joo Won is currently participating in KBS2 variety program “Happy Sunday 1N2D”.  In his upcomimg movie “Only You”, he will play a detective role with his co-star Kim Ah Joong playing a beautiful burglar.

He is a popular actor by sequentially playing KBS2 hit dramas “Baker King”, “Ojakgyo Brothers” “Bridal Mask” and MBC’s “7th Grade Civil Servant”.

Reported by Lee Woo In (not sure of the spelling) of TV Report, 20 May 2013, 14.51 hr

Japanese translation released by Kstyle on 20 May 2013, 20.00 hr

Photos can be found from @coolreborn’s previous post  (photos taken at airport)

@manyearsago : I honestly would love JW to play this role but considering the rehearsals for the musical and with the latest description of him being skinny and the weekend shooting for 1n2d I hope he gives importance to his health. And we know how crazy it gets in dramaland! Let's see what is the latest developments on this case.........

@stearly Generally on k-movies the shooting is kept under wraps and on the day of the movie showcase and VIP premiere further details like interviews and other TV highlights will be done. That is counting 5 to 6 months from now.

Guest jjsweeter0211

So happy that he will come back soon~At the same time I hope that  he won't overwork himself. His schedule is so tight.

class="content-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; visibility: visible; "Joo Won and Joo Sang Wook in Talks for New Medical Drama
crystalcove May 20, 2013
Joo Won and Joo Sang Wook in Talks for New Medical Drama

Actor Joo Won and Joo Sang Wook are currently in talks to lead the upcoming KBS drama “Green Scalpel (or “Green Mass”).”

“Green Scalpel” will draw the story of a young man with autism who becomes a pediatric surgeon. If confirmed, Joo Woon will play the character of Park Min Jae with the autistic developmental disorder who overcomes obstacles to become a pediatric surgeon. Joo Sang Wook will play the role of Kim Do Han who is one of the best pediatric surgeons in Korea and comes up against Park Min Jae.

It has only been five months since Joo Won’s last drama, “Level 7 Civil Servant,” and he is currently starring in the musical “Ghost.” Joo Sang Wook is also busy with his leading role in the cable drama, “Ten 2.”

“Green Scalpel” is slated to premier after the end of “Shark.”  

http://www.soompi.com/2013/05/20/joo-won-and-joo-sang-wook-in-talks-for-new-medical-drama/

The Cutie's interview in Taiwan
joowonfm.jpg
(google translate)
Q: 1st how are you feeling?
A: When you first arrived at the airport would have thought that directly go out like the results but the person next to block all my experience abroad, to see up to fans once that moment have thought he was the feeling of the idol. Noon to eat dumplings, good to eat! I think taste the atmosphere much like Korea, I feel good.

Q: have a special trip to Taiwan to learn what Chinese and fans say?
A: I have come a very powerful teacher, in fact, I downloaded a software Korean front it says it will be translated into Chinese, as I learned to please a lot to look forward to tomorrow! (Media Zhou Yuan revealed that one)

Have you eaten? (Finished laugh, the reaction is very cute ~)

Q: the Zhou Yuan ideal type?
A: ideal type over time more and more changes to the appearance than sexy prefer cute!

Q: the Zhouyuan Ping often work out?
A: usually infrequently fitness, swimming and jumping rope. (Media asked: mermaid line and abdominal muscles very popular recently, Zhou Yuan abdominal muscles?) I also want to want to have abdominal muscles, after the dramatic need or will be more diligent practice! But I think the recent epidemic, compared to the thick body, seems to be slim more popular.

Q: Please use one sentence to define your own.
A: want to be "humane." Childhood, my parents told me, when you stand on the higher, the more likely to lose their original look, so I like to keep their original taste, just like the big brother of the neighbor. Usual I would like the average person around, drinking coffee, are a group of friends go out together, instead less likely to be recognized, if it is recognized, and they will say hello or signature.

Cr: Kimbumbie fr Baidu

Guest septmoon16

Did our sunshine boy discover a time portal? How can he be doing so much all at once?! 1N2D + musical + fan meets + looking gorgeous (ok, he doesn't need to do much in this area :P) AND considering another drama?!!! @@

I worry, but I'm also selfish. I really hope he takes this. It sounds like such a meaty role for him to flex his acting range on, and FINALLY taking him out of the cop role. Bonus for being a KBS show...

DR. JOO WON - ME WANT!

Did our sunshine boy discover a time portal? How can he be doing so much all at once?! 1N2D + musical + fan meets + looking gorgeous (ok, he doesn't need to do much in this area :P) AND considering another drama?!!! @@

I worry, but I'm also selfish. I really hope he takes this. It sounds like such a meaty role for him to flex his acting range on, and FINALLY taking him out of the cop role. Bonus for being a KBS show...

DR. JOO WON - ME WANT!

But there are chances he would consider it. If his movie has a time slot in shooting for a period of 70 days only then maybe he should be ready for an August shooting of the drama. And if he can have time during the movie shooting to accommodate the rehearsals for his musical then we are talking about a guy who has super energy in large amounts.

LOL just read on DB where a blogger complained : JW in another drama - haven't you heard of viewer fatigue? There aint any for me :P

Guest Vodoleiskaya

I'm so glad that our dear Joo Won will star in another drama. Only regret that he has such a big load, he must to rest well.I hope he watched the movie "Rain Man" with Dustin Hoffman played an autistic good there.

Guest mydeed

OMG!!!!!! Rejoice people!!!!!

BREAKING NEWS: JOO WON TO ACT IN  

Joo Won will be lead in upcoming medical drama following the KBS drama . The drama is slated to air in August. The director Ki Min Soo did Ojakgyo Brothers. JW will be playing an autistic paediatrician.

Original source: http://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2013052108284752405&type=3 PS: I'm beyond overjoyed, but won't our cutie be exhausted juggling 1N2D, Ghost rehearsals, and now this?!?!

YEAH!!!

I knew it. I wonder why the OB director did not come up with a new project after OB, he must be waiting for Cutie. EXCITED.

I always wanted Cutie and the PD of OB reunited and deep inside I know that he will work again with PD of Gaksitaaaal.

p/s : Just stay away from the one that gave us that 7 Grader drama. Ehhhhhhh.

septmoon16 said: Did our sunshine boy discover a time portal? How can he be doing so much all at once?! 1N2D + musical + fan meets + looking gorgeous (ok, he doesn't need to do much in this area :P) AND considering another drama?!!! @@

DR. JOO WON - ME WANT!

Guest facing

First time posting here...i'm actually a fan of him since bridal mask and i'm enjoying him in 1D2N so this news of his new drama makes my day. The drama synopsis sounds really interesting...can't wait!