Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Guest mitchellchin

A Joowoonies fans went to Korea and found Joo Won and Jin Se Yeon at Edwin Collection shop ~ sweet bf6ad411gw1e46p8lzfjtj20k00qowgz.jpgbf6ad411gw1e46p8p5geoj20k00qo0va.jpg
bf6ad411gw1e46p8r2jxaj20k00qo76v.jpg

Guest Mishiellie

HALLOOOOOOOOO my lovelies!!! 
Oh~~~~~ Those edwin posters in the stores.....  I am so tempted to commit thief~~ I need one of those AT HOME  

I am just wondering what kind of drama roles he will be taking after ghost musical
As he has acted as 
a bad guy and heroimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMwFwgZ8EsGpGjeu3AeBP

a bad guy and rich but pitiful guy

As cool police man but cute also
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXsiidpV4CB3HTc_nBDj_
A cool manly and cute devoting guyimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcToGbQj8p5du2K_CMvsCbi

what is next?
I realise he acted mostly police or agent roles
however i really wish to see him in dramas more so there every week can see him even now also see him in 1n2d every week but i want to see him acting 
i really miss his acting in dramasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sorry i am not in right mind now just ignore me

Guest Mishiellie

@arch00 omgggggg those cute smile waves!!!!! I can stare at it alllll day longgggg
and also Cutie eating haha... I love to watch him eat.. makes me shooo happy... brings out the motherly love in me HAHAHA 

coolreborn said: mrdimples said: manyearsago said: was away a couple of days, now catching up with homework.@stearly  WELCOME BACK !!  can't afford to lose you.

simplydramafied1082

said:

stearly

said:

@mrdimples : I think it’s OK if a sentence will be in English. I think he’ll understand it. I am only not sure about “saranghae” because it’s how we write their word… Maybe we really should write it in Hangul and the rest of sentence in English?

@Vodoleiskaya Welcome to the thread. When I saw your name banned for the first time I wondered whether I could tag you. I hope you can forget the terrible thing of being banned after the very first post :(  But now since all errors have been fixed, WELCOME TO THE THREAD!!!!!! It is great to see another fan of Joo Won, all the way from Vlodivostok. It is a great idea of sending out Russian souvenirs. Hope you guys are successful in your venture. Do let us know if it went out well.Please do come online more often   :)   >:D<

Thank you @stearly for the photos of Ma Jun  :-*
I am not very descriptive like many of you on the roles played by Joo Won, but I genuinely like roles played out by actors who brings out vileness. Maybe out of miserable circumstances they bring out the selfishness, egoistical, maniacal, troublesome role play. Why I like the character Ma Jun a lot is at a very young age he finds out his mother's adultery but he chooses to keep quiet on it since he feels it is only his mother at that moment of time who whole heartedly wants Tak Gu out of the house. He was a child at that point and he could only bring out these childish thoughts. But it was Shin Yu Kyung who points out right away his inferiority complexes and in every manner shows how much less he is to Tak Gu. Years later even with Tak Gu out of the picture he never got the love he desires from his father. He decides to get his father's adulation but fate had different things in store for him and yet again he meets Tak Gu. This is where I love Joo Won's performance. In the stance when he meets Tak Gu for the first time after many years, you can see the child inside him comes out again - he fears he will lose the chance again to get his father's love and he will not let him be a barrier. The expression on JW's face of frustration and unhappiness resounds with everything he does at the bakery. Carrying those feelings from the child actor to the adult phase by an unknown actor is not very easy. And yet he does it so flawlessly. I really hated Ma Jun when he decided to use the last straw which was Yu Kyung and he just wanted to do more hurt to Tak Gu. But in the process he gave his heart to her. This is very well expressed in the scene when he goes in search of her when she is kicked out of her house.
JW keeps telling about the part of playing a role on tragic romance. I feel at times this is similar to the point of Ma Jun meeting Yu Kyung after two years. He tries hard to obtain her through many ways which he himself doesn't realise he has fallen for her. In his eyes he knows how to show his love by grabbing onto things by hook or crook, whereas,Yu Kyung shows him you can be a good person and love the person whole heartedly (which is what Tak Gu shows for Ma Jun). Yet he never gives up on her and even if he has to seduce her he will do it. The scene of him trying to kiss her the second time in the storage room --- WOOO that is soooo beautifully seductive  =P~JW's expression of love for Eugene is so beautifully expressed, especially when he meets her after his dad approves her. The genuine smile on his face actually was a factor for her to say yes to his proposal. It was such a beautiful scene the proposal scene in her house  :((I remember in an interview translated by @manyearsago , YSY himself said JW acted his part with perfection, since it is not easy to create a character who is bad and good at the same time. For YSY it was easy for him to play his character since he was the epitome of goodness and fighting hard to get his mom who was missing from the past 12 years.  I think he said he could play that part instinctively but for JW who is new to dramas to play a deep character like Ma Jun is not easy.Imagine a child who felt he was neglected from childhood because his father by law knew his secret birth and his mom just gave birth to him so she can keep her place as the rich daughter in law. And even in adulthood his existence as a person was there to head the next generation and still not loved. But the scene when he sees his master's final wish and Tak Gu explained to him the teacher wanted them to work together - oof that scene where he shed the tears, I too cried for him.I hope Ghost is the tragic romance he is looking to play since I hope one day JW would take on other kinds of role that has some social message in it (not very heavy like Gaksital) . I just don't want him to play characters that has been deprived of love and human affection for a very long time :D

Heyyyyyy ladies.......a brief recap of CTH's encounter with "Rio" done by Softy on the last 1N2D episode. By the way kudos to Softy being added on blogroll of DB. Yipee!!!!!! :)

1N2D brief recaps

cth1_zps5e5efd44.jpg

There is one segment last week that just had me in stitches -rolling around in laughter. Normally I would go in order from start to end, but since a new episode of 1n2d is coming up tm along with Barefoot friends E3 and End of the world finale, I just wanted to share this funny part for now. Watching it will make you love Cha Tae Hyun even more than you ever did.

I don’t have an opinion about the new guy yet except that he scored a lot of points from me when he was super considerate towards JW last episode. He wanted JW to sit out that game where the guys had to pull the staff in large carts. Since the physical task was too hard on the guys, HJ suggested the maknae sit this out since he is tired and didnt get to sleep cuz of filming for his drama finale. JW seemed really touched that HJ was so thoughtful, but JW’s team pointed out that JW was their ace so no way can he sit out. Poor JW ended up having to participate in that game and pulled a bunch of staff members in a cart across the field.

cth2_zps2333941f.jpg

The scene starts when the PD says “since we didnt get to give you a lot of delicious stuff to eat so we prepared a dish for you. Before we go out and do sleeping BBB, we will give it to one person through a vote.” TH quips “got it - that one person wont be me anyway” (cuz he has bad luck and never wins anything)

flashback to the popularity vote from a previous episode. The guys had argued who would be voted the ugliest and SG thought it would be JM but it ended up being SG. when YHJ joined this cast, the first thing SG said was “I’m saying this cuz he isnt here, but there is someone who is certain (to be picked most ugly) for sure.”

Inside the room SG says “I wasnt last – something went wrong.” JM points out “at least here - you were last.” SG tells him “you really are ugly.” JM argues “that’s not it- I came in cuz of my face – I became a singer with my face.” They all laugh. HJ quietly says “anyway cuz I came in everyone felt at ease.” (He is admitting he is the least attractive out of the group). SG says to the PD “there are a lot of scriptwriters who are women so do a proper vote – include charm” (charisma/magnetic appeal) HJ says “didnt the members already get voted a lot?” SG and others says “no it would be a first.” HJ insists doing that would be a waste of time. So SG says “hyungnim – is it cuz you are nervous?” HJ nods yes and says ”I’m really nervous.”

SG and JM want the vote to be based on “if I had to marry this person” and it has to include the guy’s charm. the female staff is gathered outside and the guys come out one by one trying to do and say something that will make the women fall for them. SG talks about love and stuff as he rakes. his age is listed as 39. TW comes out next and swings something heavy and tries to look tough and cool.his age is listed as 40.  TH comes out cleaning and talks to the girls saying when did you come to visit. I am the owner here. JW comes out grinning and drinking water from a bottle and the women scream and yell over it. SK tosses something heavy and circular. before HJ even comes out SG says “he is really ugly.” HJ’s age is listed as 44. HJ tells SG “I was coming out so why say that – it’s making me lose my nerve.” the object that he brought out is used to scoop up poop from joseon days so TW points that out. it grosses out the women cuz HJ pretends to scoop and drink from it. JM comes out and says I dont have anything. he holds up a pair of shoes from the olden days like a glass slipper and talks about his match and asks the women to accept the slipper. the women say no.

The PD lists what the winner will get to eat. then the members are asked to chop wood. they dont even have to actually chop it in half – just go through the motions of doing it is ok and the female staff will give them points for it. TH goes first and chips the edge. he  puts the small chipped piece in his pocket and jokes “I am only taking the part I’m going to use.” TW gets a thick one and manages to chip off the edge. JM totally misses hitting his wood so he says to the women ”you laughed. I will always make you have fun.” he finally manages to chop some. SK does a good job at chopping. JW tries to chop his and gets his axe stuck. HJ says “however you do it JW – you will get points.” JW hits again but the wood just flew away cuz it was too thin and long to chop properly. SG does it in a cute way and chops really well. the women all clap. he even poses at the end. food truck ajumma makes a heart pose with her arms. HJ goes next and kicks the wood and makes everyone laugh. he says there is a sound you have to make and then chops and splits the wood. food truck ajumma makes a heart with her arms and stands up.  next the guys have to pick a female staff member and piggy back her and sit down and stand up over and over – the one who gets tired is eliminated. TH asks can we choose on our own. PD says choose your partner yourself. TH raises his hand and chooses the girl who weighs the most among the women – the one who gave JW a hard time cuz she weighed as much as the men. SK had insisted that she doesnt weigh as much as a man but I’m not too sure about that. TH pronounces her name like “Rio” but I think it’s “Lee Ho” and keeps repeating it in a funny way so it was hilarious. TH puts up the flaps on his hat getting ready and says “a man should do this much” (as in challenge himself this much) as the poor girl hides her face not wanting to be in the spotlight again like last week cuz of her weight. SG jokes “if TH can just carry her on his back we should acknowledge it” (as in that counts cuz it would be hard to do even that). SK chooses the food truck ajumma saying she is like his mother. JM takes a vote and asks who wants to be carried by me. all the women look down and pray like crazy they wont get picked. HJ chooses the woman behind the camera – she looks pretty big boned too. He must like a challenge. SG says “he chose someone we didnt even think of.” she asks HJ concerned- will you be ok? HJ laughs and replies “I dont think I will be ok.” TH is eager to begin and jokes “let’s start” and pretends to get on Rio’s back. she goes over to take off her jacket and TH pats the chair and says “rio – get up here rio – if you are on the ground I dont think I can lift you rio.  she wants to start on the ground but TH says “no no no -not from the ground rio – my back will break rio.” PD says to start but TH wants to take his jacket off first so he says “wait a minute rio.” JM wants to be cool so he carries his girl in his arms but quickly puts her down saying “it wont work.” the poor girl is embarrassed cuz it seems like it was cuz she was heavy but she is skinny. so JM explains to her – it’s cuz of me – I cant carry you that way. not cuz you’re heavy.” she wont even face him and just nods ok. SG jokes “but it’s hard to say so easily – it wont work.” The guys get ready and start. they are going to begin with standing up. the women get on their backs. the guys are squatting down so it’s easy for the women to get on the guys’ backs. except TH and JM cuz their girls are standing on chairs. once she is on his back, TH yells for his girl to hold her head down cuz if she is in the sitting position her weight isnt distributed evenly. TH struggles to keep her on his back and yells and screams cuz she weighs so much. meanwhile the other guys are squatting and standing like they are supposed to. PD counts off “one – two” and TH looks up in surprise and says “it’s already at two? I didnt even do one yet. wait a second.” he tries to squat but just cant go down low enough. the girl hides her face and must have said “I’m scared” cuz he says to her “ya I am more scared right now.” The guys keep going and TH says “what happened to the timing?” cuz at the count he is standing as the others are squatting. he is out of sync with the other guys. TH: why am I standing. at a certain point his body just wont go down anymore. so the girl pats his back and wants to stop so he quickly listens to her and gives up. HJ struggles and gives up next. SG demonstrates for others to sit completely with your butt to the back of your feet but once he gets into that low squat position SG cant get back up and the girl falls backwards with him. the rest of the guys keep going and JM chants “I am a man – I am a man ….I am….not a man.” He gives up and falls to the side from fatigue.  TW yells he gives up too and gently puts her down on a chair. it’s down to SK and JW. SG asks the food truck ajumma if her husband carries her and she says no. she seems to be savoring every moment on SK’s back. but poor SK is suffering. he gives up so JW wins. TH jokes “Lee ho is really lighter than I thought.” JM and JW say “but you had a really hard time.”

the women vote. SG asks them to write seriously (no joking) as JM grins and waves his old fashioned slipper at them. PD says the result has come out. there were 14 votes. SG says even if one guy’s name comes out that person isnt last. SG reads the first name – KJM. JM is shocked and says really? who was it? SG reads the reason “cuz I thought he wouldnt get a vote.” JM is embarrassed about the reason but is still ok with that vote. second is SSK. next is LSG – even if it was for a short time it was good. SG reads “wow everyone is here – CTH.” TH stands and yells out Lee Ho’s name. some girl wrote “the second you chose Lee Ho I fell for your courage. Lee Ho and CTH – be happy for a long time.” JW reads the next name – it’s CTH again so TH stands and asks Lee Ho if it’s her. SG reads “CTH – seeing you carry Lee Ho – it was so cool.” TH is so happy to have so many votes so he asks his staff member – “ya bring me my wallet. Lee Ho – eat chicken today.” SG reads “CTH – Lee Ho’s man.” TH reads the last vote and it’s for LSG. TW didnt get a single vote. SG announces CTH the winner today. he goes over and hugs her. SG says what to do about UTW. TW says it’s ok – I’m married. SG: I’m married too but it was really hard on me (not being chosen). PD awards the grilled food to TH and he shares it with the girl.

I’m not sure if I can finish the rest of this recap cuz of Barefoot friends and End of the world finale tm. If the friends episode comes out on 1n2d with CKH as JW’s guest then I wanted to recap that as well – which makes 3 recaps in one night. I might die so I’m pretty sure this episode will have to be pushed back a few more days after Nine E17 and E18 are done next week.

Cr: Cadence Soulsrebel

Guest mydeed

Thanks to Softy for her translation. It's really a loud funny episode. I enjoyed it soo much. CTH will always be the favourite amongst the ladies :-) :-). CTH, LSG & KJM, they're extrovert but warm & spontaneous with people esp the ladies young & old. Hee.

Yay, today is 1N2D. Thanks in advance for Cutie's screencap galore. Annyeong.