Quantcast

Joo Won 주원 - Finished Drama: Alice

So here's my Scattergories response:

1. The one that comes closest to my ideal type - Kim Tae Hyun

"Ideal type" is a vague term, but for me, it means the personality/character traits/values that I would find attractive in a potential relationship. Like, someone's got to tick these boxes for me before I'd even consider developing any sort of close feelings (either friendship or romantically) for them. For me, the thing that matters most is for someone to both have a strong set of moral principles and a caring/compassionate heart. I know that Tae Hyun comes across almost amoral at first (because he's crass and is breaking the law and acts like he's obsessed with money), but underneath the surface, that's all stemming from his heart being in the right place. He understands the importance of kindness and sympathy towards others, but is not so swallowed up by that that he'd turn a blind eye to the poor judgments and wrong choices made by those he loves (e.g. Yeo Jin's revenge).

2. The one that I'd definitely turn down if he asked me out - Gu Ma Jun

I noticed you didn't say anything here, @kireeti2, so I'll take the first plunge. I think that if I were to meet Ma Jun - or someone like him - in real life, I'd be really put off by his arrogance, aggression, and relative lack of scruples. As a drama viewer, of course, I know why he's like that - and can therefore sympathize with him. But without that context, if he were to express interest in me...yeah, that would raise a ton of red flags and I'd just say, "No, sorry."

3. The one that I'd want to be best friends with - Park Si On

So sweet and kind, and also so nerdy and passionate about what he loves. :) I think I could get along really well with someone like that. While my own personal interests would differ from his - he's into medicine and I'm more into arts and cultures - I imagine that it would be a lot of fun to just befriend someone who is always willing to learn and also to share what he has learned. Plus, I love his pure and innocent heart, even if his tendency to blame himself for things that are not actually his fault could get burdensome (I should know - I do the same).

4. The one with the best house/apartment - Hwang Tae Hui or Gyun Woo

Okay - "best" is a tough term to use :P But I think these two characters have the houses that I'd most want to visit, even just once. I love the cozy warmth that you get from the farmhouse in Ojakgyo Brothers, which is helped significantly by all the love that exists between the family members. As for Gyun Woo and My Sassy Girl...can I just say that I love the look of classic hanok, full stop? It looks so calm and peaceful, and I think it's neat that Gyun Woo has a whole part of the house to himself: including his own terrace and little garden. His room also looks nice :) 

5. The one with the best fashion sense/style - Cha Yoo Jin

Yeah, I think I've said enough about this in other posts for it to be fairly self-explanatory. :P But for the sake of argument, I like that he has this really classic sophisticated style; it really suits his character and personality, and I've been known to take hints for my own wardrobe as well.

6. The one that I'd want to have treating me to dinner (Bonus: Cooking at home, or dining in a restaurant?) - Cha Yoo Jin

Either at home or in a restaurant works, although at home might just edge out slightly. lol - We all know Yoo Jin's a good cook (he's certainly better than me!) and he actually seems to enjoy cooking rather than thinking of it as a chore. But I also think that, in a restaurant setting, he'd be a perfect gentleman - and that's something I find really appealing.

7. The one that I'd want to spend a day hanging out with (Bonus: What would you do?) - Gyun Woo or Cha Yoo Jin

Again, because of all the nerdy goodness that could result. I see myself having a lot of common interests with these two, so even just hanging out would be fun, as there's always stuff to talk about. Or, if it's going out somewhere, taking a stroll through the city (Gyun Woo) or visiting a museum/gallery (both) or attending a music performance (Yoo Jin) would be right up my alley.

8. The one that would be my shoulder to cry on after I had a bad day - Kim Tae Hyun

This ties all the way back to my response for #1. Tae Hyun's kindness and selfless caring would be great to have when I just want someone to vent to or if I just want comfort - but I could also trust him for sound objective advice if I need it.

• Like 2
  • Replies 57.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coolreborn

• stearly

• mrdimples

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joowon cries... I cry too~ All the hardships and happiness that we went through together the past couple of years... It has been a roller-coaster ride being in this fandom. Joowon has had to work so h

Hai girls! Sorry I've been out of it for the past couple of days. I didnt have time to go to soompi, hadnt even back-tracked the pages since Saturday and my phone takes the longest time ever to upload

After Korean Drama Awards, I read somewhere that 80% of the netizens' comments was on how Kim Soo Hyun deserved the award, 10% were hurling insults on Yong Pal writer and Kim Tae Hee for winning and 5

13 hours ago, kittyna said:

I noticed you didn't say anything here, @kireeti2

It was difficult for me imagine a person proposing me and declining it, but I thought of the same character; Gu Ma Jun, wins by default. Because he is the only character who completely doesn't understand himself and his feelings,so, it would be hard for anyone to accept his proposal. :P

• Like 1
5 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Yong-Pal reunion:grin:

Do follow this forum, it is place where I get my "Alice drama" updates:grin:

Thanks for the heads-up! I was wondering when Alice would have its own forum - turns out there was one all along :P 

I just came from posting this there: behind the scenes pics from JW.

10 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

It was difficult for me imagine a person proposing me and declining it, but I thought of the same character; Gu Ma Jun, wins by default. Because he is the only character who completely doesn't understand himself and his feelings,so, it would be hard for anyone to accept his proposal. :P

Not to mention that his relationship with Shin Yu Kyung in the drama is actually, like, really dysfunctional and abusive? I know he starts making a turn-around by the end, which suggests a more hopeful and better future, but most of his actions as a boyfriend/husband in the drama were really messed up.

But thanks for the feedback on the prompt as well - in hindsight, I think a better way of phrasing it would have been, "The one who you definitely wouldn't like if you met them in real life".

And now for today's game/interactive activity (not that I can actually do this every day - but I actually have something today ;))!

So, recently, I've seen a couple of posts like this on Instagram, where people comment or repost saying which person/character they themselves have been during this period of self-isolation:

Spoiler

As you can tell, it's just meant to be clean, silly fun - so I decided to whip up a JW Drama version (without the fancy edited pics, though)

Spoiler

Which JW Drama Character are YOU During Quarantine?

1. Gu Ma Jun

• Actually enjoying the time alone, but would rather die than admit it
  • Trying to develop a new bread recipe that doesn't involve flour or yeast (everyone's panic-buying so stores are out)
  • Gets upset when nobody calls/texts/invites him to virtual gatherings...but won't take the initiative to call, either

2. Hwang Tae Hui

• Checks up on his grandmother every day: either on the phone or by chatting with her through the window
  • Trying to stay active and work out at home, but can't wait for the day when sports facilities open up again
  • Gets really frustrated when he sees people breaking social distancing rules (or worse - protesting en masse against said rules) - can't they see how much that puts vulnerable people and essential workers at risk???

3. Lee Kang To

• Moves out of the house in order to prevent transmitting anything to his family
  • Social media warrior: argues with conspiracy theorists and rule-breakers online
  • Gets shamed online for buying up medical supplies - he's actually donating them all to hospitals and charities

4. Han Gil Ro

• Takes part in a virtual gathering (e.g. online gaming, Zoom chat, virtual drinking party, etc.) every single night
  • Drives his roommates/family nuts with silly antics, jokes...and singing really loudly out of tune
  • Can't go outside, so seeks out cuddles and skinship every chance he gets - it's getting weird

5. Park Si On

• Follows news and WHO updates religiously, as well as reading everything he can find on the virus
  • Posts feel-good memes and his drawings on Instagram
  • Trying hard to stay calm, but actually freaking out and scared - starts a diary/bullet journal to cope

6. Cha Yoo Jin

• Saw this coming a mile away - already started preparing (e.g. stocking up on food, minimizing social contact, etc.) while the virus was just in China
  • Practice, practice, practice - combined with the occasional livestream or YouTube performance
  • Cleans and disinfects the entire house at least once a day

7. Kim Tae Hyun

• Moves out of the house in order to prevent transmitting anything to his family - calls or video chats with them every night
  • Volunteers to help front-line workers whenever he can: at food banks, testing centres, long term care homes, etc.
  • Develops "life hack" homemade versions of disinfectants, cleaning products, and protective equipment - shares them online so the medical-grade stuff can be left to healthcare workers

8. Gyun Woo

• Read every book in his house - is now switching to borrowing e-books from the library
  • Floods his social media with pictures of his dog - followers love it
  • Master of online teaching/learning - prepares online materials for his students and reads articles and listens to podcasts for himself

So...which one are you???

• Like 1
2 hours ago, kittyna said:

So...which one are you???

Mine is  blend of Gyun Woo, Gu Ma jun, Park-si-on, Cha Yoo Ji and Han Ji Ro characters

In case of Gyun Woo- I am reading lot of e-books and books

In case Han Ji Ro- playing online games as part of stress reliever

In case of Park-si-on- I am following WHO website to see if there is any vaccine in the horizon(that's the only way for normalcy) or any news of mutation of the virus

In case of Gu Ma Jun- Iam kind of enjoying this time alone minus the death part :tounge_xd:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, kittyna said:

Thanks for the heads-up! I was wondering when Alice would have its own forum - turns out there was one all along :P 

I am just hoping it will not do as bad as "The King: Eternal Monarch", I hope its worth the wait. :sweat_smile:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, kireeti2 said:

I am just hoping it will not do as bad as "The King: Eternal Monarch", I hope its worth the wait. :sweat_smile:

Is The King: Eternal Monarch really that bad? I haven't been paying attention to it, to be honest. Mostly because I'm pretty indifferent to Lee Min Ho - like, I'm aware of all the buzz about him, but I never really considered trying to figure it out.

For me, an otherwise "meh" drama can still be enjoyable if I like the cast - so that's already a huge plus for Alice. Also, going by the fan speculations and theories from that forum, I think the idea of the main leads being mother-and-son as opposed to a couple is really intriguing. Not that that's necessarily how things will play out (trailer clips are rarely consistent with the actual thing), but if it is the case...that's new and exciting.

3 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Mine is  blend of Gyun Woo, Gu Ma jun, Park-si-on, Cha Yoo Ji and Han Ji Ro characters

lol - Well, you're quite all-over-the-place, aren't you? ;) 

For me, I'd say that...I'm Cha Yoo Jin in public and Park Si On in private. :P 

First, Cha Yoo Jin: Being Chinese, I did start prepping for this well in advance - mostly because I wanted people around me to feel comfortable despite my being East Asian. Not that anyone was really openly racist towards me, but I didn't want to deal with awkward situations like whether people would be willing to sit next to me on the bus or something. So that meant cutting back on going out except for when I actually had to for school or work, washing my hands a lot, openly using hand sanitizer or pressing buttons with my elbow in public in a "See? You're safe with me!" gesture, etc. And I've been passing the time by playing piano - although I don't actually record myself doing so - and doing housework.

As for Park Si On: I've been watching the news A LOT. Mostly to keep up with local updates, government announcements, etc., but sometimes also to keep an eye on what's happening abroad. I've also been reading/watching things about the science behind this pandemic. And my actual mood/attitude towards this pandemic has been a bit crazy as well: most of the time, I'm okay; but I'll have the occasional bad freak-out day where I'd panic and go, "Why are the numbers still going up? Aren't people practicing social distancing? What the heck???" :P Rather than a journal, though, fic-writing and music (see above) are my main distractions, and I'll talk to family if I really do end up feeling down.

• Like 2

Sorry, I forgot - I'd also have a bit of Gyun Woo in me as well. While I probably don't read as many books as I'd like (since I do still prefer the hard copies and the library is closed), I do read a lot of stuff online or try to fit in something educational every single day (e.g. listening to a TED talk, streaming a documentary, etc.).

So...make that a three-way tie, then: Cha Yoo Jin, Park Si On, and Gyun Woo :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kittyna said:

lol - Well, you're quite all-over-the-place, aren't you? ;) 

:tounge_xd:

For me, I'd say that...I'm Cha Yoo Jin in public and Park Si On in private. :P 

That's an interesting take, two are quite opposite. But yeah, we tend to act differently when we are alone and when we are in public place or with friends. :smiley:

First, Cha Yoo Jin: Being Chinese, I did start prepping for this well in advance - mostly because I wanted people around me to feel comfortable despite my being East Asian. Not that anyone was really openly racist towards me, but I didn't want to deal with awkward situations like whether people would be willing to sit next to me on the bus or something. So that meant cutting back on going out except for when I actually had to for school or work, washing my hands a lot, openly using hand sanitizer or pressing buttons with my elbow in public in a "See? You're safe with me!" gesture, etc. And I've been passing the time by playing piano - although I don't actually record myself doing so - and doing housework

I  hear you:worried:, you need to go extra mile to show people that you are not threat to them and also need to assure them that you are doing your part to curb the spread of the virus, I hope you are doing okay, these kind of things can take a toll on mental health. Fear can bring out worst in people, especially in pandemic situations, where they'll believe anything they read online and information they get from their informal group, and on top of that some world leaders are making it worst by labeling virus with ethnic group, nevertheless, Canada is known for it's inclusive culture, so, I guess chances of facing racial discrimination is quite low(when compared to other western countries). :grin:

I've been passing the time by playing piano

Are you a musical student? No wonder you like 'Naeil's Cantabile':P

but I'll have the occasional bad freak-out day where I'd panic and go, "Why are the numbers still going up? Aren't people practicing social distancing? What the heck???"

You are not alone, I have those moments too; like when will the world will get back to it's normal days. The first thing I do int the morning  is to go to the "WORLDMETER" and check new cases and its analysis.

• Like 2

Mostly because I'm pretty indifferent to Lee Min Ho

Same here, he performs same thing in every kdrama/movie, with no variations at all. Now people are able to see through it, thanks to the dramas like "SKY CASTLE  and WORLD OF MARRIED", which showed that dramas are not all about happy ending and just love between two leads and certainly not just having a pretty face. :P

19 minutes ago, kittyna said:

listening to a TED talk, streaming a documentary, etc

Same here, TED talk is my go-to thing, if I am not able to understand a topic/concept form a book, it explains things in such a way that there is no such thing like black and white in the world and always be open for change or at least prepares you to be open for change :grin:

• Like 2
4 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

That's an interesting take, two are quite opposite. But yeah, we tend to act differently when we are alone and when we are in public place or with friends. :smiley:

Actually, I think they look very different, but have a good deal in common if you look beneath the surface. Both Cha Yoo Jin and Park Si On are passionate - even obsessive - about their main area of study, and both of them are very quick to help others. However, to be fair, Si On throws himself into helping out very openly, whereas Yoo Jin will act like he doesn't care when he really does (Yoo Jin's the most tsundere out of all of JW's characters, which is probably due to Nae Il's Cantabile's origins as a Japanese manga).

Personality-wise, I think I come closer to Park Si On, though, to be honest. 

I hope you are doing okay, these kind of things can take a toll on mental health. Fear can bring out worst in people, especially in pandemic situations, where they'll believe anything they read online and information they get from their informal group, and on top of that some world leaders are making it worst by labeling virus with ethnic group, nevertheless, Canada is known for it's inclusive culture, so, I guess chances of facing racial discrimination is quite low(when compared to other western countries). :grin:

Don't worry - nothing actually happened that'd really bother me. As you pointed out, Canada is known for being multicultural and inclusive: even if someone holds racial prejudices, they'd keep those thoughts to themselves for the most part. 

Things have changed significantly, though, with this becoming a global pandemic: people from anywhere in the world could be carriers of the virus now, so it's all a level playing field in that respect. So now we're all just being careful in our own individual ways. But I have read news stories coming out of the USA or Europe about Asians being picked on or attacked - given that they're newsworthy, those instances must be rare, but it's still saddening to think about that. (And, in any sort of imagined scenario involving characters who might be outside of Korea at this point in time - e.g. Cha Yoo Jin, Seol Nae Il, etc. - I do have to take this into consideration.)

Are you a musical student? No wonder you like 'Naeil's Cantabile':P

Not officially - I don't study at a music university or anything like that. But I am the daughter of a piano teacher and have been listening to and learning classical music all my life (self-taught now - I pick and learn pieces on my own) :) So that gives me a better perspective into musical dramas like Nae Il's Cantabile or Secret Love Affair (which, if you don't mind it being 19+, is well worth the watch - the musical acting there is better than Nae Il's Cantabile, in my opinion).

Same here, he performs same thing in every kdrama/movie, with no variations at all. Now people are able to see through it, thanks to the dramas like "SKY CASTLE  and WORLD OF MARRIED", which showed that dramas are not all about happy ending and just love between two leads and certainly not just having a pretty face. :P

For me, I think it's just that LMH hasn't done any dramas that would draw my interest story-wise to begin with. I did watch Legend of the Blue Sea just to see what all the fuss was about (I thought it was okay - not bad, but not memorable either), but generally speaking, I think I'm at a point in my life when stories like Boys Over Flowers or The Heirs would just come off childish for me. (Actually, the fact that JW was in it was what saved Nae Il's Cantabile for me in the first place - otherwise, I don't think I'd pick such a teenage rom-com to watch, music-themed or otherwise.)

I like dramas that give me something to think about - whether in terms of the world and society, or in terms of ethics. So, stories like Yong Pal or Good Doctor or...well, most of JW's dramas. He does sometimes sign on to some really crazy random stuff, but most of his work has been my sort of thing.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

So, today is Doctors' Day here in Canada. That's one of those little commemorative days that aren't quite holidays, so they tend to slip under the radar. Not this year, though. With so much going on with this pandemic, if you are able, please take a moment to give a shout-out to all the healthcare workers whose love for people and love for their jobs are helping to keep us safe.

90887c5e03a7bfcb8de6c7850f562253.jpg

(And since I don't have any pics of real-life doctors, drama doctors will have to suffice ;) Funny how this behind-the-scenes shots from Good Doctor do end up looking like some of the actual social media posts I've seen lately. And by the way, if it's blurry and glitchy like it is for me right now, just click the pic itself for a better version.)

And just sharing this as well, since it's so darn cute:

Finally, a quick fic-related update: I have started work on the next one, and it's NOT part of the Seolleim in Salzburg series. This time, I'm taking a detour into something different. :) And while I can't offer a preview just yet, I do want to offer a quick teaser.

Based on these words/phrases, what do you guys think this is going to be about?

Spoiler

The Prince

The Helper

The Survivor

The Jester

The Dreamer

The Prodigy

The Protector

The Philosopher

• Awesome 2
12 hours ago, kittyna said:

Based on these words/phrases, what do you guys think this is going to be about?

Is it going to be some kind of Joseon era fiction? Like "My Sassy Girl"?

12 hours ago, kittyna said:

So, today is Doctors' Day here in Canada. That's one of those little commemorative days that aren't quite holidays, so they tend to slip under the radar. Not this year, though. With so much going on with this pandemic, if you are able, please take a moment to give a shout-out to all the healthcare workers whose love for people and love for their jobs are helping to keep us safe.

Yup, medical personnel are providing  unparalleled service by risking their lives and also they loved ones  :heart:. I hope people would show this gratitude even after the end of pandemic. In our country we celebrate National Doctor's day on 1st July of every year, to promote 'zero tolerance of violence against medical personnel'.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Is it going to be some kind of Joseon era fiction? Like "My Sassy Girl"?

lol - Sort of...? That's actually a pretty good guess, looking back at the teaser I posted. :) 

Actually, this fic is the type where teasers would be more appropriate than full previews, so you're welcome to keep guessing as I reveal more and more over time.;)

9 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I hope people would show this gratitude even after the end of pandemic. In our country we celebrate National Doctor's day on 1st July of every year, to promote 'zero tolerance of violence against medical personnel'.

"Zero tolerance of violence against medical personnel"....Oof. I haven't heard of that in Canada so far (it's possible, though, that it has and I just don't know it), but I was aware that this was happening in some countries (including India, unfortunately) because some people and communities assumed that medical personnel were infected by default. :mask: I mean, the fear itself is understandable, but the actual societal rejection and violence I've read about is just baffling for me.

If you don't mind my asking, is this something that's just happening because of COVID-19, or is it a thing more generally?

On a lighter note, here are some more behind-the-scenes Alice pics.

I love that JW is not just interested in acting, but also in the behind-the-scenes part of producing a film or drama or stage show. He used to get really involved in stage production during his studies, and I recall him saying once in an interview that had he not made it as an actor, he'd switch to joining the crew instead.

And speaking of versatility...

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Zero tolerance of violence against medical personnel"....Oof. I haven't heard of that in Canada so far (it's possible, though, that it has and I just don't know it), but I was aware that this was happening in some countries (including India, unfortunately) because some people and communities assumed that medical personnel were infected by default. :mask: I mean, the fear itself is understandable, but the actual societal rejection and violence I've read about is just baffling for me.

If you don't mind my asking, is this something that's just happening because of COVID-19, or is it a thing more generally?

I knew that quote would be alien for lot of people living in different parts of the world, especially in first-world. Violence against doctors or medical personnel is common in few parts of my country(not trying bash my fellow citizens), few people educated/uneducated kind of commit violent acts against medical personnel if they fail to save their kith and kin, I know they do it out of emotional break-down, but for medical personnel it scares them for life and they might not be empathetic to their future patients:mellow:, after math is also messy, no one gets punished for doing such heinous act, because most of these violence are committed by mob, so it is pretty difficult for cops to get a conviction. And also this COVID-19 situation have made their personal life miserable at their homes,  few incidence were reported that  neighbours  of medical personnel are being ostracizing them out of the fear of contracting virus from them, because they come home after working from the place of infection:confused:. So, that's why I want this new found love by my country to continue it even after pandemic. :unsure:

lol - Sort of...? That's actually a pretty good guess, looking back at the teaser I posted

Lol, it was pretty easy to guess, since they are characters commonly used in historic K-dramas.

I love that JW is not just interested in acting, but also in the behind-the-scenes part of producing a film or drama or stage show. He used to get really involved in stage production during his studies, and I recall him saying once in an interview that had he not made it as an actor, he'd switch to joining the crew instead.

Yes, he always mention it when ever interviewer asks him about his alternative career if he did not become an actor.

After firefighter, I want to see joo won as a prosecutor or as a lawyer, since their job is dealing with people's personal life and is more dynamic when compared to other jobs, it is black and white in their line of work and joo won could show his every emotion in this role. :love:

• Like 2
5 hours ago, kittyna said:

Actually, this fic is the type where teasers would be more appropriate than full previews, so you're welcome to keep guessing as I reveal more and more over time.

I would like make a suggestion, if I may, make the leads go through a process of misunderstanding from the time they meet and try to make them feel sensitive towards each other step-by-step, and then develop they character and relationship. The bigger the misunderstanding is the stronger feeling they'll have towards each other after clearing the misunderstandings. I know it is easier said than done, but looking at your previous fan-fic, I think you might pull this off. Good luck :thumbsup:

• LOL 2

I would like make a suggestion, if I may, make the leads go through a process of misunderstanding from the time they meet and try to make them feel sensitive towards each other step-by-step, and then develop they character and relationship. The bigger the misunderstanding is the stronger feeling they'll have towards each other after clearing the misunderstandings. I know it is easier said than done, but looking at your previous fan-fic, I think you might pull this off. Good luck :thumbsup:

Well, I can't make any promises this time, since the plot's more-or-less already set. :P But I'll keep that in mind for future reference :) 

What I can tell you, though, is that if you want an even clearer sense of where this fic is going...go back to the teaser I'd posted and count. ;) That's all I'll say for now.

7 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

After firefighter, I want to see joo won as a prosecutor or as a lawyer, since their job is dealing with people's personal life and is more dynamic when compared to other jobs, it is black and white in their line of work and joo won could show his every emotion in this role. :love:

Prosecutors would be more black-and-white, while a lawyer would be shades of grey - both are good uses of his acting potential, though.

In the meantime, if you want something more lighthearted...DANCE PARTY!

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Already did this once for the guys - now it's time for the girls! ;) 

Spoiler

Which JW Drama Girl are YOU During Quarantine?

1. Shin Yu Kyung

• Openly enjoys working from home - no more workplace gossip to deal with
  • Joins (or even founds) an online campaign demanding more PPE for healthcare workers as well as a higher minimum wage and paid sick leave for workers who can't afford to stay home otherwise
  • Pushes aside her own stress/worries in order to care for an emotionally anxious partner

2. Baek Ja Eun

• Initially very resistant to the idea of just staying at home, but is now getting used to it
  • Binge watches romantic comedy movies and family-friendly sit-coms to distract herself from the news
  • Creates a cartoon/comic series inspired by everyday life in her large extended family during quarantine - posts it online to give others a few laughs

3. Oh Mok Dan

• Campaigns for various social justice causes - starts off just doing it online, but also can't resist heading out into the streets if a larger protest develops
  • Spends her time volunteering at food banks, testing centres, etc. - anything that can be done to help
  • Worries about the rumours that the epidemic is a hoax/conspiracy, so she stubbornly clings to the facts that she does know

4. Kim Seo Won

• Calls her family every night - has to remind her parents over and over again not to go outside (not even to visit her, please and thank you)
  • Putting up with her super-talkative roommate who just had to move in right before this quarantine started (at least he helps out around the house, but he simply won't. Shut. Up.)
  • Tries to upgrade her skills while she is at home by taking an online course

5. Cha Yoon Seo

• Closely follows news and WHO updates - contributes however she can towards researching and developing a vaccine
  • Calls her family as often as her busy schedule allows, if for no other reason than to reassure them that she's fine
  • Takes on the role of the mood/atmosphere maker for her team - reminds them constantly, both online and in person, that all their hard work will be worth it

6. Seol Nae Il

• Makes masks and scrubs to donate to local hospitals and long term care homes - refuses to accept payment even if it means paying for supplies out of her own pocket
  • Chats with neighbours from her window, and video conferences with her friends
  • Posts uplifting and feel-good messages (e.g. short videos, music clips, photos, etc.) on social media

7. Han Yeo Jin

• Doesn't like the idea of staying at home, but is willing to do it if it makes healthcare workers' lives easier
  • Converts parts of her business into making PPE and other medical supplies - donates them to hospitals
  • Follows the falling stock market closely, hoping and praying that this could all end before the money runs out

8. Hye Myung

• Hates being cooped up inside, so she goes out and volunteers in order to kill two birds with one stone (helping others and also getting outside)
  • Calls or video chats with her boyfriend every day - constantly asks him to send pictures of his dog to keep her entertained
  • Orders takeout or delivery from her favourite restaurants several times a week - it's not that she can't eat the food at home, but it's just not the same

lol - So this one was a bit tougher to put together. I realize now that my memory of some of these dramas is fuzzier than I thought :P

But still - which one(s) would you be?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
On 5/3/2020 at 7:38 PM, kittyna said:

Already did this once for the guys - now it's time for the girls! ;) 

If I had girl version, then I think I will be mix of these three characters

1. Shin Yu Kyung - I enjoy working from home, it might even increase my productivity.:P

2. Baek Ja Eun  - I am watching a more TV series than usually I do, especially K-drama.

4. Kim Seo Won - I would also use this free time to learn new skills:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 5/3/2020 at 7:38 PM, kittyna said:

lol - So this one was a bit tougher to put together. I realize now that my memory of some of these dramas is fuzzier than I thought

That's because these dramas have  diverse story-line and characters, I do find it hard to re-call Joo won's character from his dramas:P:wink:

• Like 2
  • Jillia changed the title to Joo Won 주원 - Finished Drama: Alice