Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

21 minutes ago, kittyna said:

"Good Doctor", "Nae Il's Cantabile" and "Yong Pal" all go back and forth for which of JW's dramas is my favourite. I know that that's a bit of an unpopular opinion for "Nae Il's Cantabile" especially, but I have my reasons (not least of which is the chance for me to expand on it using my fanfic series :P). But Park Si On wins out for as the character who has a personality closest to mine :) 

It's weird, though, since although the vast majority of comments I've seen online comparing the Korean and American versions of "Good Doctor" favoured the original, I did come across this site that really heavily criticized the Korean version, saying that its portrayal of autism went too far and wound up becoming disrespectful and insulting as a result. And, in all honesty...it is a fair argument. Park Si On is very different from how autistic savants are depicted in Western media (where we have shows like The Big Bang Theory and its spinoff Young Sheldon, or the BBC series Sherlock). But actually, if I may be allowed to say so, I actually like Park Si On more - I find portrayals that focus too strongly on the intellectual genius of savant syndrome can sometimes end up making the characters look really arrogant (even though I know 100% for sure that they're not and it's just from poor social skills). I much prefer Si On's innocence by comparison. :) 

No, I too find Nae Il's Cantabile was on par with Joo won's other high rating dramas, for me its the drama which was ruined by bad writing and direction, otherwise it could have been one his high rated drama. Unlike "My sassy girl", it was very predictable, although it had some twist and turns but in the end it was very much predictable. Yeah portrayal  in Korean version was unrealistic up to some extent, but it is also unrealistic if nor hard for autistic people to become a surgeon(they can be doctors in fields like diagnosis or in music field). But it was unique depiction of how it is hard for person with special needs for the world to treat her/him as normal person and lead a normal life. For them being treated as normal is a luxury, the Korean version sensitized me towards the autistic and people with special needs. This was missing in  all American version(Most of them acted like heroes), the closure version which sensitized me about people with special needs after Good doctor was "Atypical" series. There was also article where mother of child with autism got an apology letter from his/her bullies after watching Good doctor(I read it while I was doing online search about Good doctor, I don't know if its true or not). So, yeah healing factor is missing form American version. I think the criticism was because they have used the word "cure" in the series rather than adapting si on into normal social life.

41 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Aw...thanks! :heart:

And now you're reminding me: I haven't written anything for "Good Doctor" in ages. Maybe it's because I've been focused so heavily on giving "Nae Il's Cantabile" the sequel treatment. *shrugs* But I actually love writing both Park Si On and Cha Yoon Seo's perspectives, so let's see if inspiration strikes in that direction again in the future.

I find si on and yoon seo more realistic couple than Nae Il's Cantabile pairing, perhaps lack of chemistry and depth in the characters. But yeah your Good doctor fan fiction was really engaging and it was like watching extension of episode 5 and episode 17, and also the dating part was very cute and heart warming :grin:

45 minutes ago, kittyna said:

ou're welcome! And speaking of tips, there is a rule here on Soompi (although I don't know if it's official or just something everyone does) that after posting once, you should wait at least one hour before posting again.

It's done to minimize spam, I think, but what matters for our purposes is that, in future, try to group multiple quotes/replies into one post so you don't get in trouble with the moderators.

Point noted, I will try to abide by the rules and steer clear from trouble with the moderator ^_^

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Yeah portrayal  in Korean version was unrealistic up to some extent, but it is also unrealistic if nor hard for autistic people to become a surgeon(they can be doctors in fields like diagnosis or in music field). But it was unique depiction of how it is hard for person with special needs for the world to treat her/him as normal person and lead a normal life. For them being treated as normal is a luxury, the Korean version sensitized me towards the autistic and people with special needs. This was missing in  all American version(Most of them acted like heroes), the closure version which sensitized me about people with special needs after Good doctor was "Atypical" series. There was also article where mother of child with autism got an apology letter from his/her bullies after watching Good doctor(I read it while I was doing online search about Good doctor, I don't know if its true or not). So, yeah healing factor is missing form American version. I think the criticism was because they have used the word "cure" in the series rather than adapting si on into normal social life.

Yeah. I also think that the differences between the American and Korean versions would be because the situation and culture in America and Korea are also different. What society expects from people with special needs is different, so it makes sense that the dramas would adapt the story to match the message that their directors/writers/casts want to send. And for the Korean version at least, I think it's about letting people see that rather than a disability, autism can be seen as a different perspective of the world.

As for using the word "cure"...I do wonder if that was a misunderstanding. Obviously, autism isn't something that needs to be "cured" - "treated," perhaps, but not "cured" - but that's also provided that we're using English ;) I don't know if that same distinction in meaning occurs in Korean or if the same word is used for both - not to mention whether the people who wrote the English subtitles were aware of that difference. So I actually wasn't bothered by that; I just decided to give the translators the benefit of the doubt, since it's clear as you watch the drama that this isn't about "curing" Park Si On at all.

8 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I find si on and yoon seo more realistic couple than Nae Il's Cantabile pairing, perhaps lack of chemistry and depth in the characters.

Cha Yoo Jin and Seol Nae Il - in my opinion - never actually became a couple until the very end of Nae Il's Cantabile. Or maybe not even then, but sometime after the events of the drama. I personally saw more a "best friends with one person having a crush" vibe for most of the show, and that's fine by me. If they were a couple, then they were also one that still had a ways to go before they could succeed in a long-term relationship: Yoo Jin needed to work on accepting help from others, and Nae Il needed to learn that a real relationship takes work and isn't just about cute fluffy romance. Actually, that's why I found this drama so appealing for writing a full-blown sequel series - I get to go in and expand on these characters and help them grow and mature into a relationship that is actually healthy and lasting.

As for Park Si On and Cha Yoon Seo...they're just cuties :) I love the noona-dongsaeng vibe that they have, and also how they seemed to go from friends to a couple at a really natural pace.

But if you ask me which JW drama's relationship is my actual favourite..."Yong Pal". I think Kim Tae Hyun and Han Yeo Jin can set some serious #relationshipgoals with the way they support each other and also the way they resolve conflicts and differences in perspective.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

Cha Yoo Jin and Seol Nae Il - in my opinion - never actually became a couple until the very end of Nae Il's Cantabile. Or maybe not even then, but sometime after the events of the drama. I personally saw more a "best friends with one person having a crush" vibe for most of the show, and that's fine by me. If they were a couple, then they were also one that still had a ways to go before they could succeed in a long-term relationship: Yoo Jin needed to work on accepting help from others, and Nae Il needed to learn that a real relationship takes work and isn't just about cute fluffy romance. Actually, that's why I found this drama so appealing for writing a full-blown sequel series - I get to go in and expand on these characters and help them grow and mature into a relationship that is actually healthy and lasting.

I totally agree with you. There was lot of scope for writers to expand in Cha Yoo Jin and Seol Nae Il relationship and too find them as more of a best friend cum couple, like you fall for your best friend without realizing.

As for Park Si On and Cha Yoon Seo...they're just cuties :) I love the noona-dongsaeng vibe that they have, and also how they seemed to go from friends to a couple at a really natural pace.

No wonder they got best couple award even with the lead being person with special needs, it was also like a natural way of falling in love for si on as well as yoon seo and thank god there was no love triangle nonsense, and it was not out pity from the female lead side it was proper k-drama love story. I really hoped for them become real couple, but later found out they have same surname, so I thought they might be related

But if you ask me which JW drama's relationship is my actual favourite..."Yong Pal". I think Kim Tae Hyun and Han Yeo Jin can set some serious #relationshipgoals with the way they support each other and also the way they resolve conflicts and differences in perspective

Maybe because they officially got married in the series and they complete each other. I too find this pairing very mature unlike other k-drama pairing where they show one being childish and other trying to be mature. If you look at closely, kim tae hyun actually left Han yeo jin so that she can get revenge on her enemies without him being an obstacle to her and she let him go because he is too pure and good of person to get involved in such kind of business. Out of all relationships in joo won's drama this one was the most mature one.

Anyway, Do you know the  real reason behind the break-up of BOA and Joo won?  I did try to find it by myself, but none of the articles makes sense. They seem to be in good terms before the enlistment of Joo won, Joo won even shared her message in the press conference of "My sassy girl" and in an episode of Producer 101 BOA was caught thinking about Joo won( when joo won was in military). And then I get the article saying they broke-up because of lack of time together:confused:

• Like 3

Sorry for the late response, @kireeti2 - I was focusing mostly on my own writing today.

22 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

No wonder they got best couple award even with the lead being person with special needs, it was also like a natural way of falling in love for si on as well as yoon seo and thank god there was no love triangle nonsense, and it was not out pity from the female lead side it was proper k-drama love story.

Personally, I love that they started off as friends, with Cha Yoon Seo trying really hard to help and guide Park Si On before either of them started developing romantic feelings for each other.

I really hoped for them become real couple, but later found out they have same surname, so I thought they might be related

It's possible, but I think JW and Moon Chae Won would be rather distant relatives in any case. Still, I know a number of Koreans are still uncomfortable dating anybody with the same surname or from the same clan (even in instances where the actual chance of incest is low), and Moon Chae Won did draw that line right off the bat.

Interestingly enough, during an early interview the "Good Doctor" cast did, Joo Sang Wook actually said that he initially thought Joo was JW's surname until he found out it was actually Moon - so JW's name wound up overlapping with both of his co-stars' here.

Maybe because they officially got married in the series and they complete each other. I too find this pairing very mature unlike other k-drama pairing where they show one being childish and other trying to be mature. If you look at closely, kim tae hyun actually left Han yeo jin so that she can get revenge on her enemies without him being an obstacle to her and she let him go because he is too pure and good of person to get involved in such kind of business. Out of all relationships in joo won's drama this one was the most mature one.

I actually saw Tae Hyun's decision to leave differently: I took it as his way to subtly coax Han Yeo Jin towards love and forgiveness over revenge. He knew that her actions went completely against his values, but she also knew that he saw goodness inside of her - so his leaving was his way of saying that he'd wait for her until her heart had healed and she could really be herself (i.e. Han Yeo Jin rather than Chairwoman Han).

I also think it's great that they always manage to discuss issues calmly. Yes, there are some melodramatics at first (like when Yeo Jin gives Tae Hyun the silent treatment after she sees him being friends with Lee Chae Young in Ep. 8), but once they get to know each other well, they really can reveal their true hearts and minds to each other. Which is great, because both Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin have gone through so much crap already that they both really need someone to lean on if they don't want to turn into bitter and hateful people.

Anyway, Do you know the  real reason behind the break-up of BOA and Joo won?  I did try to find it by myself, but none of the articles makes sense. They seem to be in good terms before the enlistment of Joo won, Joo won even shared her message in the press conference of "My sassy girl" and in an episode of Producer 101 BOA was caught thinking about Joo won( when joo won was in military). And then I get the article saying they broke-up because of lack of time together:confused:

No, I don't know of anything beyond the official statements that were made to the media. And honestly, I hope that it really was just that and not something more dramatic. And here's why:

From what I've seen, the enlistment period puts a lot of strain on dating relationships: one of the reasons is the lack of contact/communication, but maybe there are other factors that I'm not aware of. A couple that's already well-established and committed (best example I can think of at the moment would be Kim Tae Hee and her real-life husband, Rain) would make it through those two years of waiting fairly easily. But a couple that's relatively newer, that's still just starting out or that's still in its "honeymoon phase" (i.e. that early stage when everything is just cute and fluffy and romantic)...that's harder. Not impossible, just harder.

The dating part of the relationship comes to a really sudden stop when the guy enlists, and it's probably not unusual for the passion and romance to start fading away as well over time. A lot of relationships survive that, of course, but in some cases, a couple will slowly start to realize that their feelings for each other aren't that strong once the excitement of dating isn't there to sustain them anymore.

To put it simply: it's possible during the enlistment term that both the man and the woman discover that their relationship is closer to a friendship than a romance, so they choose to break up and continue on as just friends. And while JW and BoA are the only people who will ever know the truth, personally, for their sakes, I hope the breakup was just because of that.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Hi! I really have no idea how this is supposed to work T_T. I created my account a long time ago and followed this topic about Joo Won. I've been getting weekly email digests and has only caught up with all the updates recently. I'm a bit confused and I apologize in advance if I ever do something inappropriate or weird (?) lol I don't know, but I'm really sorry.

On 3/30/2020 at 1:01 AM, kittyna said:

So I want to try something similar here, only with JW's drama characters: If any of them had to stay at home with ONLY their families/partners/whoever-they-live-with for company for an EXTENDED period of time because of "reasons" (whether due to COVID-19 or something else - because I will be including the historical/period characters this time to have an even 8), WHO do you think will do BEST in that environment?

Anyways, I think this tournament-style isolation poll for Joo Won's characters is really interesting and I wanted to participate. Here are my answers for the first around with a bit of an  explanation. Oh and I was also thinking of sending this through DM, but realized that some people might want to read my thoughts too (maybe?) so here it is. *throws this at you guys, and runs*

Question: Who do you think will do best in self-isolation?

My Answers:

1) a - Lee Kang To

• Kang To is a survivor. I think he would find it very easy to adapt to a situation where he needs to self-isolate. He does most of his planning and strategizing alone. He's also used to minimizing contact with others to keep his secret identity. He shows no problem in contacting other people through other means (i.e. telephone, cryptic messages etc.) His "partying" or more boisterous side, I think, is mostly just for show anyway and it wouldn't be a surprise to me if he actually thrives in an "isolated" situation with only his thoughts and the most important people in his life.
  • Tae Hyun would do fine in self-isolation, although I think it's inherent in most doctors to be concerned with their patients/other people especially since this is a medical-type crisis (I can't think of other reasons why people would self isolate, so I just assumed it was bc of COVID-19 or some type of sickness/disease for the historical dramas). I think he would spend his time not at work still worrying about others and thinking of ways he can help, that he wouldn't really be able to enjoy the self-isolation time.

2) b - Hwang Tae Hui

• Gyun Woo wouldn't do well in self-isolation. I think he's the type to break the rules to go out and socialize with his friends or other people. 
  • Tae Hui would be very concerned with what's going on yes, but he's very practical as well. He'd do his best as a police officer but would also acknowledge his limitations. I think he'd do well while spending time at home with his family. He'd probably use it to recharge and take a break from all the work.

3) b - Gu Ma Jun

• I do think that if there isn't an ongoing crisis Shi-on would easily find things to occupy himself with. I remember in the show he says he spends some of his time browsing the web, reading articles and magazines and such. He would also probably find something new to learn (w/c I think is how he survived college given that he didn't have much friends and people tend to isolate him because he's different). But assuming that there is some type of COVID-19 crisis, Shi-on would probably put in all the hours in helping others even if he isn't required to. Like Tae-Hyun, would probably be stressed out thinking about patients and will try so hard to find solutions.
  • Ma Jun, on the other hand, I think would do very well even if there was a crisis like this. If I recall, he was insanely rich (?) so he wouldn't have to worry about food and other physical necessities. If he traveled other countries and get infected, he'd still get the best medical care. With regards to the actual self-isolation, he'd have no problems too I think. I mean he probably spent entire weeks/months isolating himself in the baking kitchen (?) just to perfect the art of baking. He'd just use this time to further improve his craft. I also think that as long as his loved ones are safe he won't worry too much about what's happening out there lol.

4) b - Cha Yoo Jin

• Gil Ro would easily be beaten by Yoo Jin in this. He always goes to malls and crowded places, right? To be honest, I didn't finish 7th Grade Civil Servant and couldn't even remember much. But I know for certain he wouldn't be able to take self-isolating for so long. That guy couldn't even stay still for a short period of time!
  • Yoo Jin, on the other hand, would definitely thrive in this kind of situation. All his hobbies can be done in self-isolation. He'd also probably use the time to perfect his musical abilities. I can see him maybe joining online musical concerts and the like to pass the time.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

30 minutes ago, yukinen said:

Ma Jun, on the other hand, I think would do very well even if there was a crisis like this. If I recall, he was insanely rich (?) so he wouldn't have to worry about food and other physical necessities. If he traveled other countries and get infected, he'd still get the best medical care. With regards to the actual self-isolation, he'd have no problems too I think. I mean he probably spent entire weeks/months isolating himself in the baking kitchen (?) just to perfect the art of baking. He'd just use this time to further improve his craft. I also think that as long as his loved ones are safe he won't worry too much about what's happening out there lol.

I would like add one more thing, Ma jun is a mama's boy. So, even if he wants to go out his mom would forbid it. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, yukinen said:

Hi! I really have no idea how this is supposed to work T_T. I created my account a long time ago and followed this topic about Joo Won. I've been getting weekly email digests and has only caught up with all the updates recently. I'm a bit confused and I apologize in advance if I ever do something inappropriate or weird (?) lol I don't know, but I'm really sorry.

Welcome, @yukinen - and I also owe @kireeti2 a formal welcome to this forum as well.

ステキ✨ 〈봄 그리고 섬물〉우리들의 행복했던 시간http://naver.me/GPwc7HK6@zu.won_moon.jun.won 노래 부르는 주원씨 정말 멋있습니다✨✨✨ #주원#joowon#チュウォン

Don't worry about whether anything you post is going to come out sounding weird or stupid - we're all in this together, and so long as it's not hurtful or full-on inappropriate (no swearing allowed, for instance), you should be fine. :) 

Anyways, I think this tournament-style isolation poll for Joo Won's characters is really interesting and I wanted to participate. Here are my answers for the first around with a bit of an  explanation. Oh and I was also thinking of sending this through DM, but realized that some people might want to read my thoughts too (maybe?) so here it is. *throws this at you guys, and runs*

That's okay - and thanks for your responses! I'm having a lot of fun reading your takes on these characters, and want to invite you to add your spiel more often in the future.

1) a - Lee Kang To

• Kang To is a survivor. I think he would find it very easy to adapt to a situation where he needs to self-isolate. He does most of his planning and strategizing alone. He's also used to minimizing contact with others to keep his secret identity. He shows no problem in contacting other people through other means (i.e. telephone, cryptic messages etc.) His "partying" or more boisterous side, I think, is mostly just for show anyway and it wouldn't be a surprise to me if he actually thrives in an "isolated" situation with only his thoughts and the most important people in his life.
  • Tae Hyun would do fine in self-isolation, although I think it's inherent in most doctors to be concerned with their patients/other people especially since this is a medical-type crisis (I can't think of other reasons why people would self isolate, so I just assumed it was bc of COVID-19 or some type of sickness/disease for the historical dramas). I think he would spend his time not at work still worrying about others and thinking of ways he can help, that he wouldn't really be able to enjoy the self-isolation time.

After I did the randomized pairings, I realized this one might be a tough one. ;) Interesting to see two votes for Lee Kang To and for the reasons you guys have given so far.

2) b - Hwang Tae Hui

• Gyun Woo wouldn't do well in self-isolation. I think he's the type to break the rules to go out and socialize with his friends or other people. 
  • Tae Hui would be very concerned with what's going on yes, but he's very practical as well. He'd do his best as a police officer but would also acknowledge his limitations. I think he'd do well while spending time at home with his family. He'd probably use it to recharge and take a break from all the work.

Good points on both characters. Again, I'll hold off on revealing my choices for later (still want to see if any more readers come out from the woodwork to vote - and, yes, it does mean you guys may end up influencing my vote :P), but I do want to point out that while Gyun Woo is a bit of a rebel and a social butterfly, he's also a big stickler for the rules, working towards the greater good, etc. That's how I've observed more social or outgoing people coping with lockdown right now (i.e. "It sucks that I can't go out, but I'll do it for other people.").

Re: Tae Hui, I think there's a difference between a patrolling police officer and a police detective. So I'm genuinely curious about what sort of work he'd have in a time like this - enforcing social distancing rules, maybe? *shrugs*

3) b - Gu Ma Jun

• I do think that if there isn't an ongoing crisis Shi-on would easily find things to occupy himself with. I remember in the show he says he spends some of his time browsing the web, reading articles and magazines and such. He would also probably find something new to learn (w/c I think is how he survived college given that he didn't have much friends and people tend to isolate him because he's different). But assuming that there is some type of COVID-19 crisis, Shi-on would probably put in all the hours in helping others even if he isn't required to. Like Tae-Hyun, would probably be stressed out thinking about patients and will try so hard to find solutions.
  • Ma Jun, on the other hand, I think would do very well even if there was a crisis like this. If I recall, he was insanely rich (?) so he wouldn't have to worry about food and other physical necessities. If he traveled other countries and get infected, he'd still get the best medical care. With regards to the actual self-isolation, he'd have no problems too I think. I mean he probably spent entire weeks/months isolating himself in the baking kitchen (?) just to perfect the art of baking. He'd just use this time to further improve his craft. I also think that as long as his loved ones are safe he won't worry too much about what's happening out there lol.

This one's another tough one - we've got a bit of a "Battle of the Introverts" here :D 

But I do like that you're taking Si On's mental/emotional health into consideration - something like this outbreak would be extremely stressful :unsure:

2 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I would like add one more thing, Ma jun is a mama's boy. So, even if he wants to go out his mom would forbid it. :D

LOL! That's awesome! But mind you: Ma Jun is also a rebel. So if his mother were to forbid him from leaving the house...he just might do it just to spite her ;) 

4) b - Cha Yoo Jin

• Gil Ro would easily be beaten by Yoo Jin in this. He always goes to malls and crowded places, right? To be honest, I didn't finish 7th Grade Civil Servant and couldn't even remember much. But I know for certain he wouldn't be able to take self-isolating for so long. That guy couldn't even stay still for a short period of time!
  • Yoo Jin, on the other hand, would definitely thrive in this kind of situation. All his hobbies can be done in self-isolation. He'd also probably use the time to perfect his musical abilities. I can see him maybe joining online musical concerts and the like to pass the time.

Going from responses, this one seems to be the easiest/most obvious poll, so I'll just leave my response at that for now :) 

• Like 2

Re: Tae Hui, I think there's a difference between a patrolling police officer and a police detective. So I'm genuinely curious about what sort of work he'd have in a time like this - enforcing social distancing rules, maybe? *shrugs*

In times of pandemic detectives are usually used to trace the possible carriers, like tracing their travel history, number of persons the carrier had come in contact etc. So, I think Tae Hui would have lot more to offer during such kind of situations and yeah in the series he is really good at tracking people, so he'll use that skill to track infected cases for isolation and chances are there that he might even get himself infected.:o

LOL! That's awesome! But mind you: Ma Jun is also a rebel. So if his mother were to forbid him from leaving the house...he just might do it just to spite her

Yeah, he is. But when his mom puts the foot down he usually does toe the line .

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

In times of pandemic detectives are usually used to trace the possible carriers, like tracing their travel history, number of persons the carrier had come in contact etc. So, I think Tae Hui would have lot more to offer during such kind of situations and yeah in the series he is really good at tracking people, so he'll use that skill to track infected cases for isolation and chances are there that he might even get himself infected.:o

Ah. That's a good point. I don't know if the police have been doing that where I'm from (although we do have patrolling officers now handing out tickets to people who haven't been following social distancing rules), but if they have in your country of origin (which I see now is India), then that's worth considering. I think Korea's been using a lot of cell phone data to track who's been exposed to the virus so they can have access to testing, be told to self-isolate, etc., so maybe Tae Hui would have some hand in that as well.

Going off on a tangent, where are you from, @yukinen?

I actually came by just to post a quick Instagram update, and it's really a reflection of just how much the world has changed in just a few months:

If anyone told me even 2-3 months ago that my first instinct seeing this would be to freak out and think, "Wait - why is JW at a wedding? Why is he with/around other people? Why isn't he following the rules???", I'd say they were nuts. :P But that's the reality we now live in, where people will even police each other online re: social distancing.

And before anyone does freak out...it's okay. Turns out these pics were from last fall and just got posted now :) 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kittyna said:

Welcome, @yukinen - and I also owe @kireeti2 a formal welcome to this forum as well.

Thank you so much for the welcome, and for the tips as well. I'd be on my best behaviour and not swear. :)

That's okay - and thanks for your responses! I'm having a lot of fun reading your takes on these characters, and want to invite you to add your spiel more often in the future.

32 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

Thank you for that :) and  I hope we get along :)

I hope to get along with you guys! I promise to try my best and share my thoughts about things if I can, but pls don't expect too much of me. I've been known to be inactive in most of the forums I join. :sweatingbullets: But I love Joo Won and I'd be happy to tell you guys my insights too (whenever I have them and is able to put them properly into words).

I've been Joo Won's fan since Bridal Mask and have watched all his other shows (some of them a very long time ago) but it's my first time actually interacting with his other fans online. Recently, I also rewatched The Good Doctor on Netflix. I thought I wasn't going to cry because it's my second time watching it but alas, I did. And I was reminded once again how good of an actor he is. I'm planning to rewatch Bridal Mask next. I was in my teens when I first watched it. It was still airing then and I remember painstakingly waiting for episodes to come out. And whenever I finally get to watch them, it would be so glorious and amazing. I don't know if my younger self is just exaggerating the memory, but that's really how I remembered it. 

After I did the randomized pairings, I realized this one might be a tough one. ;) Interesting to see two votes for Lee Kang To and for the reasons you guys have given so far.

After thinking about it some more, I did find it hard to choose. I thought people can argue that since Kang To fights injustice, he'd be worrying a lot too about others who are being treated unfairly during the whole crisis. But to me, the difference is that Kang To can actually be doing things that are extremely useful in his isolation. He can plan and think about big heists or missions on his own. Rob the rich and give them to the poor kind of stuff. He can do all this and minimize contact with others, thanks to his experience as Gaksital. He's used to working alone and when he does work with others, he does so with the bare minimum contact. While doctors need to work on individual people and a case to case basis. They need to be present on site to diagnose and treat patients. And I think it could cause more anxiety to them if they're at their homes thinking they cannot be useful to patients. I'm kind of rambling, please inform me if these doesn't make any sense lol.

but I do want to point out that while Gyun Woo is a bit of a rebel and a social butterfly, he's also a big stickler for the rules, working towards the greater good, etc. That's how I've observed more social or outgoing people coping with lockdown right now (i.e. "It sucks that I can't go out, but I'll do it for other people.").

Oh, this makes sense. I can totally see Gyun Woo telling himself it's for the greater good and taking the isolation seriously. I also just remembered, he has a pet! He wouldn't be too lonely in isolation.

42 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Going off on a tangent, where are you from, @yukinen?

I'm from the Philippines. It's been crazy here since the COVID-19 crisis. I hope you guys are staying safe and healthy during these times.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, kittyna said:

If anyone told me even 2-3 months ago that my first instinct seeing this would be to freak out and think, "Wait - why is JW at a wedding? Why is he with/around other people? Why isn't he following the rules???", I'd say they were nuts. :P But that's the reality we now live in, where people will even police each other online re: social distancing.

In other countries, yes, people might call police on each other for attending events like marriage or parties due to lock down rules, but not in South Korea; they are using different strategy to tackle the pandemic, like testing as much as they and tracking down the positive cases and give them immediate treatment. It's the only county with transparent and effective strategy to tackle the virus right now. That's what I love about South Korean society(Although it as its own shorting comings like gender equality, poverty among elderly etc). It's a kind of society which would like to enjoy rights along with duties, as you can right now it is the only country(along with Singapore and Taiwan both of them have relatively less population compared to SK) with normalcy even in the midst of pandemic. They have successfully flattened the curve and are now helping in supply of medical equipment for the  worst hit nations.

BTW, I think Joo won did spend a lot time traveling and attended lot of social gatherings after discharging from the army. I guess he missed the civilian life a lot. :sweat_smile:, I think he made lot of friends in the army too, I see he is still in touch with them through Instagram

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, yukinen said:

Recently, I also rewatched The Good Doctor on Netflix. I thought I wasn't going to cry because it's my second time watching it but alas, I did.

Lol, I even cried on my 6th re-watch, his acting was phenomenal in  Good Doctor and I think no would replace him for his character on that show. But I was disappointed that he did not get any awards in K-drama awards, APAN Star Awards and Baeksang Arts Awards for his acting, since they carry more status when compared to KBS OR SBS awards.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, yukinen said:

I've been Joo Won's fan since Bridal Mask and have watched all his other shows (some of them a very long time ago) but it's my first time actually interacting with his other fans online. Recently, I also rewatched The Good Doctor on Netflix. I thought I wasn't going to cry because it's my second time watching it but alas, I did. And I was reminded once again how good of an actor he is. I'm planning to rewatch Bridal Mask next. I was in my teens when I first watched it. It was still airing then and I remember painstakingly waiting for episodes to come out. And whenever I finally get to watch them, it would be so glorious and amazing. I don't know if my younger self is just exaggerating the memory, but that's really how I remembered it. 

"King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu" was my first - I watched it in Chinese dub with family in 2015/2016 and haven't looked back since :P For me, it was not so much the drama but JW's interviews from that time that made me like him. I really liked that he prioritized his relationship with his parents and that he took so much pride in his own innocence. I know that sounds really fake/arrogant when put into writing, but I'm sure you guys all know what I actually mean ;) 

But "Good Doctor" also holds a special place for me personally. I know it's not actually very realistic story-wise, but seeing a character like Park Si On - and seeing audiences in Korea and elsewhere fall for him - gives me the same warm fuzzy feelings that seeing JW's real-life persona does.

After thinking about it some more, I did find it hard to choose. I thought people can argue that since Kang To fights injustice, he'd be worrying a lot too about others who are being treated unfairly during the whole crisis. But to me, the difference is that Kang To can actually be doing things that are extremely useful in his isolation. He can plan and think about big heists or missions on his own. Rob the rich and give them to the poor kind of stuff. He can do all this and minimize contact with others, thanks to his experience as Gaksital. He's used to working alone and when he does work with others, he does so with the bare minimum contact.

That's true enough. The one thing I would be concerned about, though, with Kang To's character is that he tends to have a very narrow focus: he is predominantly motivated by his own care for his family and loved ones, but any discussion of the bigger picture or greater good tends to go over his head. He does get better at that towards the end of the drama, but I do remember that he spent much of his early time as Gaksital genuinely confused about why and how resistance members could justify their self-sacrifice. So, for Kang To to stay in quarantine, I think, he would need to be given a personal reason for doing so; just saying it's for the good of society might not be enough.

While doctors need to work on individual people and a case to case basis. They need to be present on site to diagnose and treat patients. And I think it could cause more anxiety to them if they're at their homes thinking they cannot be useful to patients.

I can see that being the case for both of our doctor characters - Kim Tae Hyun and Park Si On. Their anxiety levels would probably be through the roof, unless they learn to just focus on each individual moment and patient with clinical detachment. I guess Tae Hyun would be slightly(?) better at that than Park Si On? Maybe? But yeah, it'd be tough.

Oh, this makes sense. I can totally see Gyun Woo telling himself it's for the greater good and taking the isolation seriously. I also just remembered, he has a pet! He wouldn't be too lonely in isolation.

lol - yes. The cute doggy helps :D 

10 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

In other countries, yes, people might call police on each other for attending events like marriage or parties due to lock down rules, but not in South Korea; they are using different strategy to tackle the pandemic, like testing as much as they and tracking down the positive cases and give them immediate treatment. It's the only county with transparent and effective strategy to tackle the virus right now. That's what I love about South Korean society(Although it as its own shorting comings like gender equality, poverty among elderly etc). It's a kind of society which would like to enjoy rights along with duties, as you can right now it is the only country(along with Singapore and Taiwan both of them have relatively less population compared to SK) with normalcy even in the midst of pandemic. They have successfully flattened the curve and are now helping in supply of medical equipment for the  worst hit nations.

Oh, yes, I'm very much aware of that ;) I was just thinking about how I've gotten so used to seeing everybody stay at home that it actually now feels weird - and maybe even a little bit wrong - to see pictures of people at public events. :P 

9 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Lol, I even cried on my 6th re-watch, his acting was phenomenal in  Good Doctor and I think no would replace him for his character on that show. But I was disappointed that he did not get any awards in K-drama awards, APAN Star Awards and Baeksang Arts Awards for his acting, since they carry more status when compared to KBS OR SBS awards.

He didn't? :blink: Oh...I always assumed he did, given how well-commended his performance was in "Good Doctor". Guess you learn something new every day.

And now, the thing I actually came back online for: Preview 3 of my upcoming installment for Seolleim in Salzburg!

Spoiler

Golden light streams in through the window. I turn to glance at it, squinting slightly to make out the rooftops glowing brightly in the distance.

The sun will be setting soon; enough practice for one day.

As I start to gather up my sheet music with one hand, I grab my phone from my bag with the other to turn the sound back on. And that’s when I notice the icon on the screen informing me of an unread text message.

Could it be Nae Il? With our increased practice time due to this upcoming tour on top of our upcoming solo recitals this spring, it’s been a lot harder to coordinate our schedules than usual. Today, for instance, she was supposed to go home straight after her classes without waiting for me and get a head start on reheating last night’s leftovers for tonight’s dinner – has she forgotten?

I suppress a smile at the mental image that comes to my mind – Nae Il rummaging through our refrigerator for food whilst missing the containers I’d already placed there – but when I actually unlock the screen, I discover a message not from her, but from the conducting department’s secretary:

Please report to the Department Office ASAP. There is someone here who is asking for you.

I glance at the timestamp, jolting when I discover that the message had been sent close to half an hour ago.

Aish.

Cursing myself for not checking my phone sooner, I hastily pack up everything that’s left, just barely remembering to turn off the light as I race out the door. Fortunately, the hallways are empty – most students and staff either already gone home or holed up in the practice rooms on either side for some evening practice of their own – so I make it to the office in record time. Still, there’s no denying that were it not for my late arrival, the secretary would have already finished up work for the evening.

Bursting through the door, I head straight for the reception desk. “My apologies for the wait,” I gasp out to the secretary who rises to greet me. “I only just got your message.”

My shortness of breath must confirm my excuse, because the young woman now cracks a small sympathetic smile at me. “I understand.” She gestures behind me to the seating area in the corner. “Fortunately, your guest is still here.”

Right.

Knowing that I must look quite disheveled from both my run and the practice session that preceded it, I try my best to straighten up my appearance: brushing my hair back with one hand to try to get my bangs back into place and giving my jacket a sharp tug on the hem. Then, finally feeling up to the task, I turn around, getting my first glimpse of the woman seated there.

She is young – probably no more than a few years older than me – and more striking than beautiful, with delicately refined features and dark eyes. Her equally dark hair is pulled severely back in a sleek low ponytail, and she is dressed simply in a black tailored skirt suit, a slim leather briefcase held demurely in her lap.

But it’s the woman’s imperious – almost arrogant – bearing that stands out the most. Head held high even as she scans me over with her eyes, she is clearly unimpressed by what she’s seen of me thus far.

The look she gives me is so like the one I’ve received countless times from Abeoji that the same years-old instincts take over. Standing up ramrod straight, I greet her with a slight bow from the waist.

“Pleased to meet you. Cha Yoo Jin, at your service.”

The woman’s expression softens slightly, but she still maintains the same cool formality when she stands up to offer me a handshake.

“Elise Steiner,” she answers, now handing me her business card as well. “At yours.”

I’d guessed that’s who she was from my first glance, but hearing it confirmed gives me at least some sense of where this is going. “Did the Professor send you? Because of the tour?”

Had I jumped straight to the point like this in Korea, people might have been offended. However, from the tiny ghost of a smile Elise now gives me, it’s clear that I’d correctly assessed her preference not to dwell too long on small talk.

“No.” She glances down at me – with her natural height and her high-heeled shoes, she is rather unnervingly taller than me. “I am here for something else.”

It’s a silent request for more time, as well as a private place to talk. So, nodding to indicate my understanding, I gesture for Elise to join me out in the hallway, after which I take the lead. As we make our way through the campus building and out onto the street, I call Nae Il to let her know what’s going on.

She peppers me with questions, mostly about whether Elise’s actual person matches what we’ve heard about her from the Professor. However, after I refuse to answer, she switches tactics: “How long will you be, Orabang?”

I shake my head. “I don’t know. So go ahead and start dinner without me.” Even though she can’t see me, I raise an eyebrow anyway as I add jokingly, “Just don’t eat everything.”

Nae Il laughs. “Arasseo. Gwenchana, Orabang – I’ll save you a plate.”

Elise looks on, an unreadable expression on her face, throughout my entire call, answering with only a succinct nod when I inform her who I was speaking to. As we make our down the busy main street just outside the Mozarteum, I notice out of the corner of my eye just how commanding a presence she has: even though, as the local and presumably the host, I’m the one leading the way, she feels like the one in charge as she walks by my side at a clipped pace, looking straight ahead in absolute silence.

All this I take in as I guide her to my intended destination. The sun is close to setting right now, the street and everything on it bathed in its gleaming golden light. At this hour, many of the cafés and restaurants in the area will be filling up with hungry patrons: far from conducive for what sounds like a serious discussion for business. So, with little options left, I bring Elise to my favourite quiet public place in Salzburg:

Fridrich.

We are literally the first customers of the night, arriving at the exact moment when Bernd – Fridrich’s elderly owner and main bartender – unlocks the door from the inside. Beaming at the sight of us, he throws the door open and beckons us inside with a cheery greeting.

Just as expected, Elise is suitably impressed by the tiny wine bar’s cozy cave-like atmosphere. She stays near the entrance, looking over the various vintage art prints and posters decorating the walls while I make my way to the bar to place an order. Bernd takes it affably, his hands not even skipping a beat as he wipes down the row of glasses arranged on the counter. He does, however, shoot a fleeting glance over my shoulder in Elise’s direction.

“So, kid: who’s the lady?” His mouth twitches in wry amusement. “Your girlfriend?”

I tense up, sensing the glare that Elise shoots straight into my back at Bernd’s question, and shake my head. “We’re here for business.”

While I doubt Bernd actually believes me, he is far too professional to ask any further on the subject. Instead, after calling out for Elise to help herself to whichever seat she wants, he offers me first choice on tonight’s music.

I answer with a sly smile. “You already know what I like.”

As I join Elise at the table she has chosen – a small one tucked away in a corner hidden by the entryway – Bernd heads for his shelf of vinyl records to make his selection. Just as I thought, within seconds, the soft sound of jazz piano drifts out to us from behind the counter, in seeming perfect time with the waitress who now approaches our table with two glasses of white wine.

“Personally, I do prefer classical,” I explain to Elise once we are left to ourselves again. “But this is as close to that as we’re going to get around here.”

For etiquette’s sake, we start with a quick toast and shared first sip, the wine – crisp and dry – going down easily with just the slightest bite. Then, laying my crossed arms on the table to show I’m ready, I ask Elise what it is she wants to say to me.

Sure enough, she jumps straight to business. “I have an offer for you – regarding Seol Nae Il.”

I did say something about a new(-ish) female character in the cast, and here she is!

(By the way, her surname is one I chose myself, since none is ever given in the drama. So don't take it as fact.)

• Like 4

I shake my head. “I don’t know. So go ahead and start dinner without me.” Even though she can’t see me, I raise an eyebrow anyway as I add jokingly, “Just don’t eat everything.”

Lol:D

Sure enough, she jumps straight to business. “I have an offer for you – regarding Seol Nae Il.”

Intriguing, I wonder what it is? Guess  I have to wait until next episode :grin:

• Like 3

First of all, a few Instagram updates:

Someone gave a shoutout to JW, and he reposted it in an Instagram story

And he got a care package from a friend:

Secondly...we're moving on to ROUND TWO of my "JW drama self-isolation tournament poll" thing :P 

(If you missed the chance to vote the first time around, don't worry - you can always jump in during this round, or the big final when it happens.)

So, first things first, allow me to cast my own votes. Actually, holding off on deciding until the end is a lot of fun - you guys all had such strong valid reasons for voting differently from my initial knee-jerk response, so most of these wound up being really close contests (no surprise which one out of these four was an easy pick, though ;))

Spoiler

1. Who do you think will do best in self-isolation?

a - Lee Kang To

b - Kim Tae Hyun

While it's true that Tae Hyun is the one who would be out in public more often by default (since he is a doctor, and the type who would literally travel to wherever there's an outbreak - say, Daegu - and he's needed the most), the deciding factor for me is the level of commitment he shows when he gives up his own wishes/desires for the good of other people. Think about how long he is willing to stay away from Yeo Jin in order to give her the chance to come back to him. The toughest thing for him to face, though, will be feelings of loneliness being separated from Yeo Jin once again (since she's a high-risk patient, he has to stay away from her throughout this whole pandemic). So I imagine there'll be lots of video chats, where he'll do his best to look and sound happier than he might actually be. But he'll endure.

Kang To, by contrast, is a bit more rash and impulsive in his behaviour. He is definitely really good at surviving on his own - he might even be better than Tae Hyun here - but I think that keeping a low profile and not getting involved is going to get to him sooner or later. He's going to get desperate about wanting to do something. I should also point out that the self-isolation/lockdown scenario I imagined for Kang To isn't medical, but political in nature: it's entirely possible that the Japanese would impose some sort of curfew or lockdown in order to combat the independence fighters...and under those circumstances, yeah, it'd be tough for Gaksital to stay put ;) Nor should he, but that's beside the point (since it'd still be violating the rules of this game).

2. Who do you think will do best in self-isolation?

a - Gyun Woo

b - Hwang Tae Hui

This one wound up closer than I thought it would, but I'll still go with Tae Hui here. He's definitely more introverted than Gyun Woo (although I don't think Gyun Woo's an extrovert either - he's more an ambivert), which helps with these sorts of scenarios. Also, as a police officer, he's probably still an essential worker and needs to go out in public, which might help with some of the monotony that otherwise comes with staying at home all the time. I'm not 100% sure on how exactly social distancing works in Korea (I know the rules are less stringent than in most other countries, but I'm sure there is something), but I can see Tae Hui getting really frustrated if he sees anyone not abiding by the rules. Fortunately, he's got his family to vent to, since - at least where I'm from - the activities he usually resorts to for stress relief (e.g. playing sports, running, the shooting range, etc.) would be off limits.

I do want to say, though, that Gyun Woo would still be fine, in my opinion. He does enjoy going out and meeting with friends, but I can see him being content at home with his books and his dog :) He'll have to stay away from Hye Myung for a while, though, since she'd definitely be on the frontlines working at the clinic or otherwise helping the public in her capacity as the most modern-thinking Joseon royal I've ever seen ;) 

3. Who do you think will do best in self-isolation?

a - Park Si On

b - Gu Ma Jun

lol - You guys managed to turn me around on this one. :P However, it's not so much because of what you guys said about Ma Jun...but Si On. Back when this whole pandemic started, I thought Park Si On would be just fine, even as a frontline health care worker. However, you guys pointed out - and rightly so - just how desperate he'd be to try to help and save anybody and everybody...and during a pandemic like this one, that's simply not possible. And given both his bleeding-heart nature and his struggles with anxiety, self-blame, etc. (partly due to his autism, and partly due to his traumatic childhood)...that's going to take a massive toll on his emotional and mental health. And, ultimately, his physical health - even if he doesn't catch the virus, he'll run himself ragged at this rate.

As for Ma Jun...my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I do remember he's an introvert, at least. I also think that, given his rather dysfunctional relationship with the rest of his family, he might not just stay at home but stay in his room (or whatever part/wing of that big huge house is his). I can also see him being the sort of person who'd embrace working from home, whether that's baking (as you guys pointed out) or taking charge of the corporate side of the Gu family business. Ma Jun will need to be careful, though, not to let his thoughts grow too dark while in isolation...he does tend to exhibit self-destructive behaviours when that happens.

4. Who do you think will do best in self-isolation?

a - Han Gil Ro

b - Cha Yoo Jin

No contest here, as you guys have already pointed out. ;) Han Gil Ro will just end up stir-crazy, so I don't think a whole lot needs to be said here (not to mention that my memory of Level 7 Civil Servant is also a bit fuzzy).

When it comes to just living alone or spending time alone, Yoo Jin will be fine. I do, however, think that Nae Il would be with him (mostly because I'm picturing them already living together in Austria - but even if not, she'd move into his place first thing if a "stay at home" advisory ever went out in Korea, so there's that). A lot of his time would be spent working on his music, but I don't necessarily think he's tech-savvy enough to initiate the orchestra mashup videos we've seen popping up on YouTube - however, if someone else (e.g. Lee Yoon Hoo) starts up such a project and invites him to play a part, then Yoo Jin's definitely in :) I can also see him just playing music with his windows open so the neighbours can hear (which is a popular coping mechanism in Europe especially), going out for solo walks when it's not too crowded, always wearing a mask outdoors as that extra tiny bit of protection, etc.

(As for Nae Il - wanna give a quick shoutout here - she'd be playing piano and also joining in one of those volunteer mask-sewing networks that are cropping up all over online.)

BUT - heaven forbid that Nae Il ever gets sick under these circumstances. Yoo Jin has the same tendency as Park Si On to stretch himself thin for the sake of those he cares about and then blame himself for any mistakes/failures that may result, even if they weren't his fault. If anything were to happen to him, he might be okay - but if it's Nae Il...this could break him completely.

So, with all that said....here are the winners moving on to Round Two!

Spoiler

1. Lee Kang To

2. Hwang Tae Hui

3. Gu Ma Jun

4. Cha Yoo Jin

And now, time for Round Two itself. Again - anyone is welcome to cast a vote, whether you participated in Round One or not. :) 

Spoiler

Who will do best in self-isolation? You decide!

Rules/Parameters for self-isolation (since everyone's context is different, this needs a standard):

1. The character can either live alone, OR with family, a partner, or roommate(s) - use your own drama knowledge and imagination.

2.  The character is only allowed to go outside for essential purposes (e.g. getting supplies, going to work if you deem his profession to be an "essential service", etc.). If he does go out, he does so ALONE.

3. Any other communication/socialization with people outside of the character's residence (e.g. with friends, colleagues, etc.) can only be done remotely (e.g. via telephone, online, letter-writing, etc.)

4. There is limitless access to in-home recreation and entertainment (e.g. books, TV, streaming movies or music, crafts/hobbies, musical instruments, etc.), but assume ALL public recreational facilities (e.g. malls, restaurants, entertainment venues, sports facilities, etc.) are CLOSED.

Round Two

a - Lee Kang To

b - Hwang Tae Hui

a - Gu Ma Jun

b - Cha Yoo Jin

Same rules apply as before: feel free to share your votes either as a public reply or a DM to me, and I'll save my own vote for last before calling the final round.

Have fun!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kittyna said:

a - Gyun Woo

b - Hwang Tae Hui

This one wound up closer than I thought it would, but I'll still go with Tae Hui here. He's definitely more introverted than Gyun Woo (although I don't think Gyun Woo's an extrovert either - he's more an ambivert), which helps with these sorts of scenarios. Also, as a police officer, he's probably still an essential worker and needs to go out in public, which might help with some of the monotony that otherwise comes with staying at home all the time. I'm not 100% sure on how exactly social distancing works in Korea (I know the rules are less stringent than in most other countries, but I'm sure there is something), but I can see Tae Hui getting really frustrated if he sees anyone not abiding by the rules. Fortunately, he's got his family to vent to, since - at least where I'm from - the activities he usually resorts to for stress relief (e.g. playing sports, running, the shooting range, etc.) would be off limits.

I do want to say, though, that Gyun Woo would still be fine, in my opinion. He does enjoy going out and meeting with friends, but I can see him being content at home with his books and his dog :) He'll have to stay away from Hye Myung for a while, though, since she'd definitely be on the frontlines working at the clinic or otherwise helping the public in her capacity as the most modern-thinking Joseon royal I've ever seen

I almost forgot about Tae Hui's family, and grandma. He'll will definitely do well in isolation compared to others:)

a - Lee Kang To

b - Hwang Tae Hui

Hwang Tae Hui: Since his family lives in a secluded location and as you mentioned earlier, he has his family to support him. When it comes to Lee Kang To,  he has no family to lean on so, I guess he'll just risk his life to save others and make sure the less fortunate ones  get better medical treatment because he is Gaksital.:love:

a - Gu Ma Jun

b - Cha Yoo Jin

Cha Yoo Jin: According to the ground rules, he'll be the only guy to go out and to get supplies and probably lock doors from outside because of Seol Nae-Il so that she'll not go out. Basically it'll be his full time job making sure Nae-ll washes her hand and house stays in hygienic condition, and he'll study music while she is sleeping. So, yeah he has a better mechanism to cope with isolation than any other character.:grin:

• LOL 3

I might add another thing, I hope Joo won should at least do 2 or more dramas per years, because I am really running out of ideas or thinking repetitively about his characters.:tired: Btw, does anybody has any idea about Joo won's Chinese drama "Loved Express" ? What happened to it? From the trailer it seemed very promising.:dissapointed:

• Like 2

Some more behind-the-scenes pics from Alice filming:

21 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

When it comes to Lee Kang To,  he has no family to lean on so, I guess he'll just risk his life to save others and make sure the less fortunate ones  get better medical treatment because he is Gaksital.:love:

I'm with you on this one. While I do think Lee Kang To doesn't have much patience for abstract social/political ideals, he gets very passionate about real-life justice and fairness. So, for example, in today's coronavirus context (just as a hypothetical example), he'd go after profiteers (i.e. people who buy up things like masks or disinfecting products then sell them for a massive price),  business owners who take the government bailouts to line their own pockets rather than helping their employees, etc.

Actually, come to think of it...Hwang Tae Hui would do that, too. But whereas Tae Hui would be acting within the letter of the law - issuing tickets/fines, arresting particularly bad offenders, etc. - Kang To would just take matters into his own hands :ph34r:

Cha Yoo Jin: According to the ground rules, he'll be the only guy to go out and to get supplies and probably lock doors from outside because of Seol Nae-Il so that she'll not go out. Basically it'll be his full time job making sure Nae-ll washes her hand and house stays in hygienic condition, and he'll study music while she is sleeping. So, yeah he has a better mechanism to cope with isolation than any other character.:grin:

Actually...handling Nae Il isn't too tough. She's a very kindhearted and caring person, so really, all it would take is Yoo Jin drilling it into her head that lots of people could get sick and die if she goes out or if she isn't careful. How he'd do that, though, I'll leave to your imagination.

And, if nothing else, Yoo Jin will resort to using music itself as Nae Il's main distraction ;) 

Btw, does anybody has any idea about Joo won's Chinese drama "Loved Express" ? What happened to it? From the trailer it seemed very promising.:dissapointed:

I wish I knew, but I don't. All I know is that joint Chinese-Korean productions like this tend to get delayed or held up for various reasons. :unsure:

• Like 3

20 hours ago, kittyna said:

Actually...handling Nae Il isn't too tough. She's a very kindhearted and caring person, so really, all it would take is Yoo Jin drilling it into her head that lots of people could get sick and die if she goes out or if she isn't careful. How he'd do that, though, I'll leave to your imagination.

And, if nothing else, Yoo Jin will resort to using music itself as Nae Il's main distraction ;) 

I totally agree with you on this one:), Nae II childish behaviour sometimes smokes her kindheartedness.

20 hours ago, kittyna said:

I'm with you on this one. While I do think Lee Kang To doesn't have much patience for abstract social/political ideals, he gets very passionate about real-life justice and fairness. So, for example, in today's coronavirus context (just as a hypothetical example), he'd go after profiteers (i.e. people who buy up things like masks or disinfecting products then sell them for a massive price),  business owners who take the government bailouts to line their own pockets rather than helping their employees, etc.

Actually, come to think of it...Hwang Tae Hui would do that, too. But whereas Tae Hui would be acting within the letter of the law - issuing tickets/fines, arresting particularly bad offenders, etc. - Kang To would just take matters into his own hands

Kang To is a vigilant, so he will know how to help others by maintaining physical distance with them(kind of Korean version Batman)

• Like 3