Joo Won 주원 [Drama- The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

I would think JW is most probably spending some quality time with his family during these coming days of the Lunar New Year since it will be the last one before his enlistment, and especially since he has just spent almost 3 months working far away from home. Maybe we will hear more news on him or he will start posting pics more often on IG after the holidays. 

• Like 6

I am really worried... Still no casting news!  sigh-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129279377

A fan met Joo Won briefly some time ago before he was even casted in Yongpal, and managed to ask him about his next drama. He said he's still considering projects, and mentioned that TVN dramas have pretty good storyline. From their conversation, I could tell he feels very burdensome when talking about projects. At this point, my concern for him is not the channel. But the storyline and impact before he enlists. If the project is a flop, then it's kind of like people not seeing him for 3 years instead of 2 years. He may lose lots of fans and be forgettable in the industry. I know I kind of exaggerated, but it's not impossible in korean industry.

I quite like Monster storyline, actually. It seems to be a one-man show with lots of angst. Right up Joo Won's alley! But with 50 episodes and it's MBC, I dont fully trust the project despite the high-profile casting. 2 possible leading man (Joo Won and Seo Kang Joon) declined the offer, and even Hwang Jung Eum declined too. I may give this a watch just to see how it would be if Joo Won takes it up. The current male lead (Kang Ji Hwan) is really good, just like Joo Won. They're from the same agency too.

Daebak's storyline doesnt interest me at all. The only good thing about it is that it is saeguk. But with the success of two saeguk dramas in 2015/2016 Six Flying Dragons and The Merchant: Gaekju, netizens would want to watch something else modern. Saeguk genre have this tendency to be successful with alternating years. I reaaaaally want Joo Won to try Saeguk genre, but I kind of wish not for his prior-enlistment project.

My wish: Joo Won will do 1 drama which will air in 2016, and 1 pre-production drama which will air in 2017. Being a sadist and thinking of Joo Won's specialty, I hope his 2016 projects will have lots of action, blood, revenge, crying scenes, kidnapping, and kissing. *sending telepathy to Joo Won*  computer-man-smiley.gif?1292867574

• Like 7

1 hour ago, mrdimples said:

Joo Sang Wook was hilarious. Must say JW did well, just that his 乐 was kind of off. They seem to have issues with the word which should be straightforward. 

Haha, I thought his 'le' was not too bad. And yes, Joo Sang Wook was hilarious, being himself as always.

And it's Chinese (Lunar) New Year eve today! Wishing everyone a prosperous new year and for those celebrating it, enjoy your reunion dinner~

May everyone stay strong and healthy, like Joo Won. Kekekeke 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, farbarri said:

Daebak's storyline doesnt interest me at all.

eh.....i don't know what is wrong with me but I didn't notice that Daebak was offered to Joo Won by SBS. Hmmmmmm.........I read that the writer's previous dramas weren't well written. 

1 hour ago, farbarri said:

netizens would want to watch something else modern

Having finished Nirvana In Fire, I must say a well written, well scripted, well acted, well produced drama overrides everything including setting. In general, I avoid period dramas especially those with palace politics. But NIF is a highly intelligent piece of work which I have not seen anything close to it in my years of watching dramas, modern or otherwise. I haven't read extensively on the production but came across a mention that the production house chooses only bona fide actors. True enough, I have nothing but praise for the excellent acting from the entire cast from main to secondary characters. I must admit I know very little of Chinese actors but the leads who are famous A listers in C dramaland are truly good actors and not just pretty faces. They also cast some new or lesser known faces who were more than competent. I wish Joo Won would have an opportunity to work in a project like this. A well written drama/movie in which every aspect is professionally done. A project where he can work with awesome actors, never mind lead or not, a drama where heroes and villains fight in a level playing field.  It doesn't matter if you aren't a Chungmuro veteran or some overrated Hallyu star. As long as you can act your part. 

• Like 2

Aw, look.  He has something in common with the actor who played the lead role in his favorite sappy movie, The Notebook - both of them took roles no one else wanted and wound up getting kind of famous for that role.  Read here.

And remind me to never, ever watch that movie.  If I temporarily lose my mind or something, I guess. :D

• Like 7

Pages back, someone mentioned the drama "God of Noodles", just read on koala's playground that it is airing after Descendants of the Sun with nary a sound of the casting. So strange. While trying to look for that post on God of Noodles, I chanced upon a video which @ctfrsgp post, it was from KBS. Really random, just showing Joo Won's work for KBS. 

I am probably just bored and letting my imagination go wild but is KBS courting JW? 

KBS's Wed/Thurs line up is the much hyped and "Da Bomb" huge budget Descendants of the Sun a.k.a. Song Joong Ki's comeback drama, followed by Suzy/Kim Woo Bin rom com and Hwarang featuring pretty boy warriors. 

I have nothing against God of Noodles but I am not keen on JW taking up KBS. This has nothing to do with what JW should do but just my own warped logic - I am the least positive on KBS, was positive but now not so on SBS and MBC becomes the wild card. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, mrdimples said:

Pages back, someone mentioned the drama "God of Noodles", just read on koala's playground that it is airing after Descendants of the Sun with nary a sound of the casting. So strange. While trying to look for that post on God of Noodles, I chanced upon a video which @ctfrsgp post, it was from KBS. Really random, just showing Joo Won's work for KBS. 

I am probably just bored and letting my imagination go wild but is KBS courting JW? 

KBS's Wed/Thurs line up is the much hyped and "Da Bomb" huge budget Descendants of the Sun a.k.a. Song Joong Ki's comeback drama, followed by Suzy/Kim Woo Bin rom com and Hwarang featuring pretty boy warriors. 

I have nothing against God of Noodles but I am not keen on JW taking up KBS. This has nothing to do with what JW should do but just my own warped logic - I am the least positive on KBS, was positive but now not so on SBS and MBC becomes the wild card. 

I can only imagine this Noodle drama working if it's at least part comedy.  But since I've heard nothing since they announced it, I don't know what they're going for.  

I wouldn't be against him taking another KBS drama, really, but maaaaybe not this one.  Unless it really is wacky and awesome, in which case viewers won't like it even if I do, and hmph.  ;)  But I will say that of the KBS dramas you just mentioned, the Noodle one is probably the one I'd be most interested in, behind Hwarang (which the jury's still out on but has potential to be interesting).  Right now, I'm all about the upcoming MBC dramas, feeling burned twice over now by recent SBS dramas, and bored by KBS.  But that's me, and I know that doesn't matter, lol.

He needs a drama, but which?  And when?  There's not much time left, unless he's already committed to/negotiating something and there's been no announcement as of yet.  Which is possible. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, ecs707a said:

of the KBS dramas you just mentioned, the Noodle one is probably the one I'd be most interested in, behind Hwarang

I know nothing about the Noodles one but it's the one I am most neutral about. And only because there's that possibility otherwise I am 100% positive I won't be watching anything from KBS. 

43 minutes ago, ecs707a said:

I'm all about the upcoming MBC dramas, feeling burned twice over now by recent SBS dramas, and bored by KBS. 

eh....I know only of one MBC drama which you will be gunning for. Actually, I haven't been noticing what's on MBC's line up, can someone post again? 

SBS has gone the deep end, the last interesting one was The Village and I haven't watched a KBS drama for the longest time. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, mrdimples said:

eh....I know only of one MBC drama which you will be gunning for. Actually, I haven't been noticing what's on MBC's line up, can someone post again? 

Upcoming dramas (probably not totally complete, but it's pretty well updated)

Or the past and current lists by timeslot: KBS, SBS, MBC

The other MBC on my list is Goodbye Mr. Black :) 

Those dramas airing starting in the next couple of months are looking pretty booked (not surprisingly).  Late spring/early summer is still a possibility.  Or a surprise, out of left field, not on anyone's radar sort of drama, or a role that no one's thinking of in an earlier drama that there's not much info about yet. Or something.   I'll keep hoping.  I just really hope "second half of the year" does not turn out to be, like, July.  If so, options are running out (unless, again, there's something we don't know...). 

Or cable, but I don't see that happening right now.

• Like 3

I know some of us here do not think positively of KBS dramas esp with the ones in the past 1-2 years. However of all of JW's dramas, the ones that I really love are the KBS ones.

Even though his latest SBS's project Yongpal was a great success in terms of ratings, the character Kim Tae-Hyun did not really leave a lasting impression or fondness for me as compared to those in the KBS ones... Lee Kang-To in BM and Park Shi-On in GD have enabled me to introduce JW's acting to ppl I know and to tell them proudly how good he was in these dramas... and Hwang Tae-Hee in OB and Cha Yoo-Jin in NC are my most favourite ones as I always feel the same fondness that I had felt when I first watched the 2 dramas as whenever I am reminded of them when I see pics or vids from the dramas now.

Maybe its a personal preference, I have always been partial to KBS dramas except for a few. The other broadcaster whose dramas that can hold my interest is tvN. I do hope JW has been given some of their interesting projects to consider.

• Like 7