Joo Won 주원 [Drama- The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

2 hours ago, ctfrsgp said:

Just saw this on IG. News about cutie turned down MBC's Monster (which has since taken by Kang Ji Hwan, also from SimEnt) and another SBS drama which Im not sure what is the title in English... is it "Daebak"?

Does this mean he may return to dramaland in another KBS drama? I just checked on http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Upcoming_KDrama the only drama is still pending casting and is scheduled for Apr telecast is KBS' "God of Noodles"... I rem that manga pic of this drama that I saw in Dramabeans... my imagination is starting to run amok... Lollll :w00t: :D :phew:

Haha! I hope he will not take God Of Noodles...Sounds so weird plus the story is weirder than ever.

There is one Period drama about love story between Crowned Prince and a girl who acts as eunuch.Sounds like "Splash splash Love" but different version and longer one.I read it on Dramabeans. I want him to take that! But I wonder if it is too childish for him...

Edit:That drama is called Moonlight Drawn by the cloud.Here is the article.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/12/kbs-adapts-youth-romance-sageuk-moonlight-drawn-by-clouds/

• Like 5

6 hours ago, callmegiggles said:

I hope the next project Joowon does has a large chunk of preproduction. Yongpal schedule was just too grueling and his Healing Camp interview was heartbreaking. Poor thing having to go through filming on IV drips. His Daesang speech as well... Too heartbreaking.

Yes, actually he also mentioned about the IV drip during the last Japan FM

I'll translate the section which is from 47:09 -

When we were moving around (in cars), the doctors would put me on IV drip. That was while we were travelling. When we arrived, the drip would have finished. I removed the needle myself. We had filmed in this way.

He had IV drips so often that he can even remove the needles himself T^T

But at least, he is happy and proud of Yongpal. From 45:32 -

When watching TV shows (in general), I felt really regretful that the ratings weren't up. Something was lacking. But when I saw the script for ‘Yongpal’, I thought, “This is it!” and that this would bring out the ratings again. So we started filming. There were many issues and various things happened, but it’s been 2 years since (a drama) broke through 20% ratings.

I’m really embarrassed now. Wonder why am I boasting now. It would have been good if someone else said it.

And that's all for the translation preview. Please look forward to the subs :D 

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, ChoieunmiK said:

In years a lot of sageuk especially SBS (moon lover /shindang /JGS drama etc ) and SFDG with on air rating so good but not high .

Sageuk isn't good choice this year except Bride of Water God (writer Misaeng) 

Bride of Water God is still on? It's has been almost a year!I WANT!!! Okay.The game is I want everything that is sageuk or any costume drama.Just Put Freaking Joo Won in it.I WILL WATCH!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, ctfrsgp said:

Just saw this on IG. News about cutie turned down MBC's Monster (which has since taken by Kang Ji Hwan, also from SimEnt) and another SBS drama which Im not sure what is the title in English... is it "Daebak"?

Actually this is not a good news. That kind of news is like an invitation for hate and antis. Imagine the fans of the actor whose accepting that role in the end. Already the comments in that article are mostly negatives. People at dc are really angry and most of them are blaming the agency for giving that information about JW rejecting roles to the press, even though I doubt it's all sim's work when Kang Ji Hwan is also from Sim, cause if they did than it would be a teamkill right? Anyhow that's maybe why JW posted that IG.

• Like 8

According to this news: http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201601260100266470017875&servicedate=20160125

Joo Won declined Daebak and Monster/Tyrant. I guess a lot of you here already know what Monster/Tyrant is about. I quite like the storyline because it is about a man's revenge. It is right up Joo Won's alley. But to have 50-episodes just for this, may be a bit boring for people. So I'm kind of glad he turned it down. The commitment may not be what he's looking for since he is short of time. I was thinking that Joo Won may want to do a couple projects as opposed to commit to 1 long-term project.

I just googled 'Daebak' and it is a 30-episode Saeguk drama about 'Joseon’s number one con artist. The story revolves around the duel of wits between the leading man and his rival' (by Koalasplayground). The storyline is still a bit vague to ascertain anything. However, the main concern is the writer. The drama was written by Goddess of Fire writer who received a lot of criticism for that drama. 'Daebak' is now being rumored to cast in Jang Geun Suk, Yeo Jin Goo and even Lim Ji Yeon (from SIM Ent.) as the leads. However, the director comes from Mask drama, who has a great ability to create suspense in each episode.

These two dramas have the pros and cons. Joo Won has mentioned before that to him, his interest in project lies in the script, so there must be something about the storyline that he didnt quite like. I hope he chooses a really great project next time, one that leaves a strong impression until he comes back from army. I trust Joo Won. :)

• Like 9

Sometimes, I feel that some of the Korean fandoms are too quick to react and they point fingers at the most obvious targets. They assume too much/fast and think they know everything that happen behind the scenes. Things might not be as complicated as they think they see. Why they choose to believe what they wanted to instead of what Joo Won said? During his speech when he received his Daesang award, JW has again reminded us that whatever his fans say will affect him - good things said makes him happy and thrive while bad/nasty remarks will upset him. We have also just read in his Céci interview that he trust his agency totally and whatever the job is, he and his agency can communicate comfortably. He has said that he hopes this will not change. Even if these may be just the politically correct things to say in an interview, but we all know that JW will not say something he does not believe in. I rather believe in JW than in the speculations by 3rd parties. Who knows if those news about him turning down offers are not leaked out by the staff/crew of the broadcasters or production companies thru' grapevines and then the reporters got to hear them.

This is just me thinking out loud. And now I can sorta understand why JW posted that pic and those emoticons on his IG. "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" - his reminder to his fans, I think.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, ctfrsgp said:

his reminder to his fans

Was his fans the ones making a fuss? 

I wasn't sure if he was annoyed at all his antis(who go on JW DC as well) or at his fans. Or he could just be annoyed by the situation? 

On the surface, this whole fiasco is quite dumb. Joo Won can't be the only one who turned down offers. Imagine if he had to take anything and everything that comes to him? It is not uncommon to read news of actors turning down roles. 

The devil lies in the timing. Often news of an actor turning down roles come before the role is finally confirmed by someone else. I am not sure if this news appear before or after the respective actors who were offered/confirmed for Monster and Daebak came out. 

It could certainly be antis raring to go after him with anything they can sniff out or a misstep either by the media(unintentional or intentional) or his agency(unintentional)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mrdimples said:

Was his fans the ones making a fuss? 

I wasn't sure if he was annoyed at all his antis(who go on JW DC as well) or at his fans. Or he could just be annoyed by the situation? 

On the surface, this whole fiasco is quite dumb. Joo Won can't be the only one who turned down offers. Imagine if he had to take anything and everything that comes to him? It is not uncommon to read news of actors turning down roles. 

The devil lies in the timing. Often news of an actor turning down roles come before the role is finally confirmed by someone else. I am not sure if this news appear before or after the respective actors who were offered/confirmed for Monster and Daebak came out. 

It could certainly be antis raring to go after him with anything they can sniff out or a misstep either by the media(unintentional or intentional) or his agency(unintentional)

Maybe JW doesnt wish to see any of his fans getting involved in the whole mess stirred up by those antis

• Like 3

12 hours ago, shadowcat104 said:

Actually this is not a good news. That kind of news is like an invitation for hate and antis. Imagine the fans of the actor whose accepting that role in the end. Already the comments in that article are mostly negatives. People at dc are really angry and most of them are blaming the agency for giving that information about JW rejecting roles to the press, even though I doubt it's all sim's work when Kang Ji Hwan is also from Sim, cause if they did than it would be a teamkill right? Anyhow that's maybe why JW posted that IG.

I wonder what was the intention in releasing that kind of information. These info could only be known only by SIM or broadcasting companies. My guess is that the intention of that article was to mention that Joo Won was being careful in his next choice of projects since he is enlisting soon. But it somehow backlashed on Joo Won when haters (and fans??) were mentioning that he lacks manners by declining offers and were being extremely choosy in choosing projects. No wonder Joo Won was upset last night, thus the IG post..

Dont these people KNOW that actors/actresses received a lot of scripts throughout the year? No actor/actress can accept ALL the drama/movie/CF offers they receive, for God's sake.. Their JOB is to CHOOSE which project(s) they want. Their choices are what defines them now, and what made them have this reputation. There are talented actors who are wasted and forgettable due to their wrong choice of projects, and I am happy to say that Joo Won is not one of them. He chooses the scripts that can help him build his confidence, try different genres, etc. This is a critical time for him. He needs to choose a really good project that made people remember him when he's off to army.

These two projects are long term. If he accepts really long dramas, he must understand that he will sacrifice a lot of his time for family, friends and other project offers and events too. There are a lot of things to be taken into consideration. Gosh, dont these people understand these things? Isnt it common sense? Hwang Jung Eum rejected the role too. Did she receive backlash then? People must be like "She must have rejected it coz she is getting married".. but what if she rejected the role in Tyrant/Monster because she too, didnt like the script?

I'm so frustrated with people sometimes... I really hope Joo won doesnt feel too bad about it.

• Like 8

One amazing ability about Joo Won,he can make people respect him and care about him over a time.No matter how long it takes...They will eventually be.I believe that is the power of sincerity. Ahem...*Koala*

• Like 5

2 hours ago, sagaseed said:

Ockoala wrote about JW rejected those 2 dramas here

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/01/26/joo-won-turns-down-monster-and-daebak-still-looking-for-final-k-drama-before-military-service/

I'm glad she's finally warming up to our awesome JW :)

Hehehehe... I knew this day will come eventually. No one can resist the charms of our Cutie :D:w00t::wub:

• Like 3

Okay, all of you going to Thailand...do some research, train your noses and figure out if this is true :)

Perfumes that male celebrities wear

t15.jpeg

Joo Won - Voyage d'Hermes (150 thousand krw)

source: original/translation

Supposedly it has "accentuated aromas of fresh wood and musk" according to this site:)  Guess he doesn't wear that VS coconutty thing anymore?  

• Like 4