Joo Won 주원 [Drama- The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

i would so love to analyze each second's emotion shown by PSO for that's how AMAZING i think Joowon's acting is, but i think i would need to write it in a few books. each second is like 1 page. if i think Joowon was brilliant in Bridal Mask and Ojakgyo Brothers, i just have no words to describe his acting in Good Doctor. he is expressive, yet depressive; he is emotional, yet devoid of emotion.

@mrdimples gave us a link yesterday(?) and i agree whole-heartedly with the blog. if you have not checked out the link, do read it. bias aside, her intake on Joowon's acting is really good. http://thatkpopfan.tumblr.com/post/58149829211/why-i-think-joo-won-should-get-an-award-before-anyone

what the blogger said was absolutely right. we have seen actors who shows sadness, anger, happiness in a way that we know. but in PSO's case, Joowon's ability to let viewers feel those sad, loneliness, and upset emotion without actually showing it is just amazing. he did not show that he's sad, yet we know it. moreover, his loneliness it absolutely heartbreaking. thanks to great writing, and directing those emotions are perfectly edited into those episodes we see now.

here i go again, rattling off about Joowon's great acting skills. i was reading this and GD thread during my breaks, and my colleague reads over my shoulder. he said "you just like this guy because he's cute, right?" and i proudly told him "No. it was his acting that made me attracted to him. his good looks and great personality is an amazing bonus to his fans". Joowon is just......amazing. i couldnt find a better word to describe his acting talent (dont get me started on his physical beauty.....). to me, amazing and daebak seems understatement to describe just how great he is. i've never been so invested and analytical about a character before. Joowon made Park ShiOn such an interesting character that i never get tired of watching him so many times. i could practically memorize the whole drama now. erm....apart from those medical terms. anyway, i'm here to stay. Joowon's acting hooked me to him, then he showers me with his good looks and sweet personality. such a perfect, ideal man~

beautifully said @farbarri

He has such expressive eyes and facial expressions that allows the viewers to empathize with his character and not just know that we're supposed to see that feeling. And he puts his 200% in everything that he does! He makes that extra effort! And according to one article about him, he's out to be a star forever and not just a star for the moment.

And truly his other ASSets and talents are an added bonus!

For me the highlight of episode 4 is the preview, because when I read the chorus lyric, my tears were running out of nowhere...
I cant express my love to you with wordsEven if you add all of the worldIts not enough.....
so sad...
I have no superlative left to describe Joowon's acting...sublime seems like understatement now.
z2_zps5a83ee66.jpg

Thank you @stearly for posting those beautiful screencaps of the basketball scene. It's also one of my PSO favorites(I need to compile for this drama!)

lw3f.jpg
It has been another long and tiring day for Park Si On. Instead of being thanked for saving the preemie's life, he got shoved and shouted at. His sincere concern for the robot boy got literally trashed  when the cake he bought was smashed onto the floor. To top it all, the children got hurt in the storage room because of him. Everyone hated him and even Yoon Seo was mad with him. Sent to reflect on his actions, he sat on the bench, looking at a group of doctors playing basketball. This is something he is used to. His entire life has been spent looking from the outside. No one wanted him in their world.
9g1c.jpg
Then a ball bounced to where he sat and one guy invited him to join them. It seldom turn out well but Si On never says no. He stands around mostly, looking at the ball being passed around and not doing much at all. One ball gets thrown at his direction, landing into his hands. Si On takes it, looks momentarily lost but the next second, he is jumping into the air, his arms well poised over his head, throwing what seems to be the perfect shot.
swb8.jpg
Reminiscent of the parallel surgery scene in episode 1 where Si On imagined himself operating on the boy hurt in the station, I wonder if he had also visualized himself taking the 3 pointer perfectly. In what seemed an eternity, the ball finally came down to earth bouncing high. So, Si On had totally messed up the shot up throwing it up vertically instead of aiming at the basket. Again, I am reminded of how, Si On lost his nerve in the operating theater when he tried to carry out the surgery by himself. It was totally different from what he had imagined. What an awesome piece of writing and directing! They had me completely fooled. Just as I was surprised that Park Si On failed in the operating theater, I was again taken aback that he had missed this shot by a wide margin. In fact, he was nowhere near it. It is clear by now, no matter that Park Si On is a fictitious character, the writer is not giving us a fairytale where a frog turns magically into a prince with a kiss. He is going to take us onto Si On's journey where road bumps and potholes lay scatter in the path but at the end of it, I hope we will all say, what an incredible ride it has been.

Guest pandora460

a bit off topic...when will we see the HT episode with the GD male cast? has it been shown in Korea already? if it has, the eng-subbed ep is not on kbsworld yet right?would really love to watch the bromance amongst the cast members. :x

Guest mindymoe

ezze said: For me the highlight of episode 4 is the preview, because when I read the chorus lyric, my tears were running out of nowhere...
I cant express my love to you with wordsEven if you add all of the worldIts not enough.....
so sad...
I have no superlative left to describe Joowon's acting...sublime seems like understatement now.

Joo Won fascinates me with every emotion he can convey to us ... The purity of Park Shi on. .. as he looks alone and ... as he seems want to be part of the world that is around you.Park Shi On won my heart from the first episode of the drama, when he was on the train and he watched a mother feeding her child. That scene, in a way, show how much Shi On misses his family, how much he want to have a family, how much he wants to love and be loved. Shi On made ​​me want to protect him, care for him, to love him and encourage him to have confidence in himself and go in search of their dreams and goals.
The way that Joo Won interprets that can not be seen ... The way he "embodies" the character, the small details (the gestures, the posture, the voice, and at the same time the big feelings). That is when we noticed his high level of expertise, his passion for what he does, his great talent and ability to evolve, to change, to transform it in other person, other character. And that's what makes us want to see more and more of its work, to want see him to accept challenges. It's what makes us love him, encourage him and follow him.

Wa......

Those images of Kangto and the whip.....

reminds me of why we cannot take our eyes of him.....

The intensity....the unflinching gaze.....the nasty curl of his lips......the deliberateness of his movements......

CONTRAST  ..Shion...

Vacant eyes...............unfocused......a little disconcerting.....the involuntary twitches......

and in his own world....untouched....pure.

Hey @jsubmarine long time no see... finally u surfaced again... to catch your breath?? :)) :D