Joo Won 주원 [Drama- The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

........THE OTHER LADY IN GHOST ........
kolleenpark_zps69a30df0.jpg
Cr: as tagged

We all know that Joo Won is going to perform in his comeback musical titled "Ghost". Ever since L7CS got over I feel more worrisome for his future projects. Not because of the ratings of the drama but so many of the previous bankable stars have returned from the army and the youngsters might have fewer projects. I would really like his musical do well more than the movie - because the performances are live; word of mouth spreads quicker about the actors stage performance and most of all under the supervision of the director the musical can have it's own feel and outshines in all its beauty on the stage.So who is the musical director for Ghost? She is the other lady and is none other than Kolleen Park.
Known to be one of the best musical directors in South Korea, she is half Korean and half Lithuanian-German by birth and has been in this field for at least 20 years. Holding a degree in playing the cello as well as in musical theatre she has wowed audiences with her smart arrangement of the librettos and organising the actors such that musicals which she has directed has run at least 500 shows, eg., "AIDA" for 1000 shows, "CHICAGO" for 500 shows and so on.....
But the general viewers in Korea know her so well for a particular achievement which earned her an award in the Style Icon Awards of 2010 and a special awards in the KBS Entertainment Awards of 2010. That was such a great achievement and watching it brought tears to my eyes (NO KIDDING!!!!!) The sister show of 1N2D in KBS2 was Qualifications of Men. This variety show aired a group of men who would perform certain activities which is equivalent to doing 101 things before they die - like a bucket list! In such a case the men had a task where at the Busan Choir competition of 2010 they had to perform as a choir in front of a lot of people -  and the twist was - none of them were real singers (save for Kim Tae Won from the Boohwals) and they couldn't hit a note well when performing live. Imagining people who have never sung in front of a huge audience and  to be in harmony is no easy feat. So who brought them up?! Well it was Kolleen Park  :)

The below link showcases her life and the fantastic achievement she made:http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2011/01/08/2011010800380.html

A brief detail of the activities in the episodes involving the training of this motley crew of non singers are mentioned below (links have been blocked)  :(  :http://koreanentertainmentportal.blogspot.ae/2011/05/variety-qualifications-of-men-choir.html

So, here is the video where all the crew performed at the Choir competition 2010:

Cr: to the uploader
The reason I thought of posting this detail was because I was hopelessly feeling tensed on JW's next project since the movie might come out only next year and the only project which will have some amount of marketing is his musical. When I read the Broadway and theatrical run did not run for long in US and UK, I felt very disheartened. So out of curiosity I just checked out who is the director and it turned out to be a woman. Since it is a big production and tension will be paramount I was wondering whether she can really do it. As I looked further I chanced upon this piece of news. Going through it, I felt so happy since now I know JW is good hands  :)I am more excited now and I really wished I could watch his performance live   :(    I really do hope others feel inspired/exhilarated/overwhelmed to watch his musical. Cheers!

Guest mei8805

Rating 1n2d this week episode (130512) :
Variety

5:00 PM

1. SBS Running Man 14.6

2. MBC Dad! Where Are We Going? 13.6

3. KBS 1 Night 2 Days 12.8

4. MBC Real Man 9.5

5. KBS Mamma Mia 5.8

6. SBS Barefooted Friends 4.7

Cr : enewsworld

Guest kozzy

Hi Guys ! Good Day to all of you :) Im new here in soompi, I'm also a fan of joo won from the philippines.

Guest kozzy

moonandhearts

wrote:

»

Does anybody know or have a gif of Joo Won doing the gwiyomi song in the opening of the previous 1n2d ep? The one where he was late? has it been posted already? All I see is cutie's hip thrusting and random dancing. Or rather all I want to see.

Guest joowonchunsa

Hello guys, I'm Joowon fan from Thailand ^^ , I often visit here recently, just be a new fan of him ^^ I'll post here sometimes since my Eng is not good ^^ nice to meet you all ^^

@Joowonchunsa & @kozzy:

Hi girls! Welcome to Joo Won's aka Cutie's thread!! Since the elders are not here yet, the maknaes of the thread welcomes you instead! Have a nice time here, and don't worry too much about your English, since English is our second language here too and not all of us here are very articulate. :))

So post anything that is Cutie related pics or articles or videos, we all enjoy them here.

1367472499448_zps8c821fb1.jpg

Credit: DC ( or was it? Oh well, anmesia girl strikes again...)

CUTIE: Wow, my thread in Soompi is growing!

Edit: Got to run! My teacher will be after me again! *Runs*