Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

@mei: omomomomo! Really??

I just want Joo Won to rest first even for just a few days. But as he said in the Guerilla Date, he's greedy to portray a good character and that is why he kept on taking projects after projects.

And somehow he feels that "outta sight, outta mind" for them actors. That's why he goes from one project to another.

Oh Cutie, if you only know how much you occupy in our minds and hearts!! <3

Thanks for the guerilla date eng subs @chrissy96 and @coolreborn!

Joo Won is so beautiful inside and out.  I feel happy when I watch him.  And I am so jealous of the back hug.  Never thought I'd say that.  heh heh  
Time to watch Bridal Mask again.  Every time I see clips of it, it makes me wanna watch.  

simplydramafied1082 said: @Mei Thanks for the info. But most probably they will make a movie, since the drama has already come out which had Yoo Ah In as the main lead along with Lee Jae Hoon, SNSD Yuri and Shin Se Kyung. Or maybe the webtoon has a different story from the drama Fashion King. Waiting to hear from you more :) Cheers dearie :)

Guest noogoosaeyo

Hello :) I've been lurking in this thread since summer. I love Joo Won!! :") I'm just too shy to post anything, haha. Anyways, I finally decided to post because I want to share this 
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-747740/2012kdrama-fashion-king-based-on-a-web-cartoon

I think this is the next project of Joo Won? I'm not sure. Dramabeans has already an article about the possible leading lady loooong ago, it was Park Ha Sun. 

mjwxo said: Hello :) I've been lurking in this thread since summer. I love Joo Won!! :") I'm just too shy to post anything, haha. Anyways, I finally decided to post because I want to share this 
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-747740/2012kdrama-fashion-king-based-on-a-web-cartoon

I think this is the next project of Joo Won? I'm not sure. Dramabeans has already an article about the possible leading lady loooong ago, it was Park Ha Sun. 

thanks @Mei for the info !here is an article on the drama adaptation of this webtoon
http://dramadebussie.com/2012/10/24/webtoon-fashion-king-drama-adaptation-changes-title/Webtoon Fashion King Drama Adaptation Changes TitlePosted on October 24, 2012 by DRAMADEALER Leave a comment
Earlier this year it was reported that popular Naver webtoon Fashion King would be getting the drama treatment. Unfortunately for them, another drama came out this year also called Fashion King starring Yoo Ah In,  Shin Se Kyung, Lee Je Hoon, and Yuri, which I’m sure put a wrench in their plans. At the time it was only reported that the adaptation was in the works, not where they were in pre-production, so they may not have had the funding to proceed with the drama. Any financiers were surely hesitant to join the team behind a series that shared a name with another series that, for lack of a better word, sucked richard simmons. Not only that but, while the SBS drama and webtoon have different plots, they are still trendy works that concentrate on fashion, just in different ways. This may have rained on the romantic comedy’s parade for a while but it’s now reported that it will start filming in December, is scheduled to premiere in February and it’s new title is… Gangnam Style.20121025104407944.jpgThat’s right. It’s not enough that this song has taken over every waking moment of our lives, it now has a drama named after it. Don’t worry, the series is not based on the song but a webtoon that revolves around a group of high school students. The main character is Woo Ki Myung, a nerd who turns himself into a stud by immersing himself in the latest trends in order to get the attention of his crush. The trendy romantic comedy will explore fashion and the social issues that the young generation go through. It’s expected that the cast will include Jang Geun Seok, Ryu Seong Bum, and Jang Yoon Joo.

(Actually, Jang Geun Seok’s agency has already made a statement that his interest in this drama is unfounded and no discussions have been held. So, does that mean he won’t do it? Hmmmm….)
As far as I’m concerned, this is just an idea so it’s hard for me to take anything the production company behind the series, Achieve Group, says seriously. They know just as much as they did earlier this year and that’s not saying much. An official broadcaster hasn’t even been mentioned. To be fair, they were behind Princess’ Man and were also responsible for OSTs from dramas like Bad Guy, Princess’ Man (obviously), Secret Garden, and Flower Boy Ramen Shop so I trust their taste.  I will say that if they do this right, this could be a memorable coming of age drama a la Shut Up: Flower Boy Band but without the music.  If it keeps the same independent spirit, poignancy and grittiness that the original material had there may be hope for it yet. There’s a part of me that wants it to air on tvN, but I’m sure they’ll go for the Big Three before they try cable.

http://dramadebussie.com/2012/12/11/boys-over-flowers-director-takes-on-gangnam-style/
“Boys Over Flowers” Director Takes On “Gangnam Style”Posted on December 11, 2012 by DRAMADEALER 1 CommentBet they have your attention now, huh?20120611022290_0Gangnam Style, the drama adaptation of webtoon Fashion King, will be directed by Jeon Ki Sang, the same PD that directed hit drama Boys Over Flowers. The tentatively titled drama has run into some issues over the the last year, but after announcing it’s return to production along with a title change (a title change that the webtoon author is not too happy about), it seems they are well on their way to a small screen near you. The romantic comedy is expected to start filming in January so that it can have a premiere in the first half of the year. No word on casting except that they are interested in some top actors. At one point Jang Geun Suk’s name was thrown in the ring, but his agency shot down those rumors.
Well, if they were looking for some attention, they have it. While Jeon Ki Sang is more known for Boys Over Flowers, he recently did SBS’s To The Beautiful You and he’s done Hong Sisters penned dramas  My Girl and Delightful Girl Choon Hyang so I don’t question he’s ability to handle young, trendy dramas. Honestly, he sounds like a great fit for the drama in that sense and I’ve never had any complaints about his work. Direction that is, not some of the dramas as a whole. Although Fashion King as a webtoon always struck me as a more stripped down, raw look at fashion trends and youth. I’d like the drama to have that same feeling so does this mean the director will be bringing the upbeat direction that he’s known for? I’m hoping that he has some dark sensibility that we haven’t seen just yet that may be more appropriate for this project, but we’ll see what happens.

mjwxo

said:

Hello :) I've been lurking in this thread since summer. I love Joo Won!!

:") I'm just too shy to post anything, haha. Anyways, I finally decided to post because I want to share this 

@Mei or anyone who can understand Korean.. can you look at DC what they are saying about the webton movie? I think they don't like it for Cutie based from the translation I am getting at google translate.

I think there's negative reactions on this webton movie if its being taken by Cutie and DC galls looks like they are contacting SIM to protest or some sort.

Honestly, I don't know what's the story of this movie is, maybe its not as in depth as his other dramas or movies. I can't react much on it by now.

Guest mei8805

There's some plot in the webtoon that they don't like @coolreborn and also it's too fast for him (Joo Won) if he already accepted this role so they hope Joo Won not take this role..bcoz if he accepted this, it means there is no rest for Joo Won..

Hmmmm ehhhh hmmm ehhhh

When I reading his may be in drama again

I thought i have a heart attack

as it s rly too sudden as he Just finish Gd

And got musical on going and fm and promotion

Unless he has a twin brother if not it s quite impossible Ba

But he s capable of doing impossible things

As I m having mix feeling now as on one hand I m happy we can see him in small screen again but on the other hand I m worried he ll overwork

And the casting s not confirmed Ba as the article in dc maybe the fan want him to do so write this Ba but I am not saying it s fake

But I am not getting too high hopes on this as I dnt want to get great disappointment when the outcome is not what we want

But ll have at least mentally prepared on wat s gg to cm

But thanks @mei and others for the great news

But the web toon got English version ? As I love manga

class="entry-title"Fashion King Synopsis
By manhwa | Published October 21, 2012

fashion_king.jpgFashion King

Story: Kian 84
Art: Kian 84
Genre: Drama 

Publication Status: Vol. 1 to be published by Joongang
Serialized in Naver in 2011

Synopsis

A story of them wanting to be cool

An ordinary Korean high school boy, Woo Ki-Myoung, starts to change his geek look for Park Hye-Jin, a girl he likes.

As Woo Ki-Myoung’s boring but good life like a teenage drama of EBS broadcasting changes, his friends and circumstances change. This comic book is a drama about the growth process of the main character and his friends from their high school days to when they turn 20 years old.

This life-growth process of Woo Ki-Myoung and his friends reflects a real and candid image of high school boys and girls of Korea.

from http://manhwa101.com/fashion-king/

..... So this is the story? What do you think girls? Was it good...?

Guest mindymoe

I don't know how I should react to this. Half of me is happy to the core that I'll be able to see Cutie every week again. Half of me isn't really pleased with this because the story plot isn't quite inviting me. I'd prefer Cutie to take rest for several months before he take another project, and if he take a romance drama (just romance, not comedy, but with another genre) it'll be interesting and worth to wait, because I want to see him in a emotionally "heavy" drama, rather than emotionally "light" drama, such a waste if he can't act with his superb emotional acting skill. Just my thought. 
Eeeeeeh... But I'd love to see Cutie in high school uniform. It's new, right? kekekekekeke 144.gif

@coolreborn i think i read somewhere that Joowon would like to try out a school/university genre if he has the chance. the synopsis is much better than the ones i've read, and it sounds ok. not good, but ok. probably too typical for my liking, but then again, it's the overall synopsis. this is the kind of drama that would probably have an idol as part of their casts. if Joowon takes the lead and there's at least 1 idol as his friend, i'm sure it'll bring in more fans for Joowon. but drama-wise, i dont know how it'll turn out to be.
i hope Joowon will not take this role as the character doesnt seem strong enough. but whatever Joowon's decision is, i fully support him. :D