Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

bobsavero said:
mrdimples said: I need a fanart of Cutie in saeguk but not topknot and hanbok, more the vigilante swordman type with long hair. I am staring at the same paragraph of a piece of writing I am supposed to read but I keep seeing Cutie,quoting @stearly, as a "cold-blooded swordsman" drawing his sword. HAWT! HAWT

ctfrsgp said: Cutie was speaking in Mandarin (你们好 ni men hao). To speak in Cantonese it will be 大家好 (dai ga hou). Both phrase mean the same thing - how are you? / hello.

好 (hao in Mandarin / hou in Cantonese) = good, well

你们 ni men / 大家 (da jia in Mandarin / dai ga in Cantonese) = you in plural form

In the past, many western movies when there were Chinese characters they always speak in Cantonese probably bcoz HK movies like those of Jackie Chan and Chow Yun Fatt had been very popular back then. Later in 1990s, we see more of chinese dialogues in Mandarin. Maybe becoz of Ang Lee (to us Chinese hez Lee An 李安) who broke into the Hollywood scene with "The Wedding Banquet" and "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon". Hez a Chinese director fr Taiwan where they speak Mandarin and the local dialect Min Nan Yu (闽南语) which is almost similar to my dialect Hokkien (福建) in the South East Asia.

Sorry if I hav bored u all and for going off topic. Back to my lurker mode :)

-edit-
Mandarin is the universal language for the Chinese speaking communities like mainland C□□□□ and Taiwan as well as here in S'pore. Cantonese like my mother tongue Hokkien is one of the many Chinese dialects. Ppl in HK speak Cantonese and itz quite commonly spoken in West Malaysia maybe bcoz there r many HK ppl migrated there prior to 1997. In Taiwan, Mandarin is mainly spoken while the older generation speak their dialects which commonly is Min Nan Yu and I think Khek (aka Hakka) too (I might be wrong). Mandarin spoken by ppl in the mainland might differ in the accent and usage of words though. Likewise in SGP, our Mandarin and English r sometimes mashed up with the other Chinese dialects and local languages like Tamil and Malay. Localised alrdy. @mhelbenito wld know :D Time to go eat bfast liao, doc :)

Mishiellie said: I am downloading OB!!!!! but in Chinese sub.. its HQ yay!!!!
I would prefer RAW for gif making purpose.. but I know those are impossible to find now :(
need to complete my JW drama collection
but BK........ im sure no RAW to download now... but maybe i'll download chinese sub.. Don't know if its good quality though =S

@simplydramafied1082 @ctfrsgp @mrdimples
I enjoyed reading your discussion about language, My wife is from Shanghai and I began learning Mandarin in the 1990's. My wife introduced me to the films of Ang Li. One of my wife's friends went to graduate school with Ang Li. 
There sometimes are Korean actors in Chinese films (Park Si Yeon was in one).
My wife has only one friend who speaks Cantonese. Cantonese is more difficult than Mandarin because it has more tones.
I can speak some Mandarin but can only read pinyin.

jwand said: @simplydramafied1082 @ctfrsgp @mrdimples
I enjoyed reading your discussion about language, My wife is from Shanghai and I began learning Mandarin in the 1990's. My wife introduced me to the films of Ang Li. One of my wife's friends went to graduate school with Ang Li. 
My wife has only one friend who speaks Cantonese. Cantonese is more difficult than Mandarin because it has more tones.

simplydramafied1082 said: jwand said: @simplydramafied1082 @ctfrsgp @mrdimples

Another YT video of the entire cast @ the Ghost press conference ( not a very long one but I got to hear the other "Sam Wheat" and "Molly Jensen" ):
http://youtu.be/rjXkkDScgVQ

Cr: UPTV
From watching the video, I get the feeling that all the actors in the musical/theatre background have got a very jovial and natural feel when they give answers to their questions. Maybe that becomes a part of their inherent nature and drives their adrenaline when performing in front of a live audience; the reaction is in front of you!!!I remember in JW's earlier interviews especially in the 2008 and 2009 period and also in the Baker King special, he was more lively and more spontaneous when giving the answers. But now I get the feeling they sound more sophisticated or should appear "more pleasing to the ears of the viewers" while promoting a drama which could affect their viewing . I don't know, maybe it is just my thoughts but I guess he feels more tensed up when performing for a drama whereas a musical shows up his acting prowess in front of a huge crowd which reduces the gap between the performer and the viewer. It is like listening to a real singer performing "live" in a concert rather than to the current "auto tuned" voices that appears on the music channels  :>

jwand said: No offense taken. I thought that maybe there were one or two other males.
In general, I am a movie fan. My older daughter works in casting for American movies and television shows. In fact, she once worked on the American remake of a Korean film.
Since I have two daughters, I have become accustomed to the kind of chatting that young women do.

Thank you so much @ctfrsgp and @mrdimples for the awesome insight. I was actually thinking of watching the drama Autumn's Concerto. So was wondering which language will I be watching it in since the last movie I watched was Eat Drink Man Love (1994). I enjoyed the theme thoroughly :)And since many of my co workers recommended that drama I thought of checking out the difference between the spoken languages (don't want to quote wrong details to my friends whom I am trying to convert into Asian drama addicts :D   )

U r referring to the Taiwanese drama Autumn's Concerto (下一站, 幸福/Xia Yi Zhan, Xing Fu - literally translated as Next Stop, Happiness)? Itz one of the few Taiwanese idol drama which worths watchg. The leading actor Van Ness Wu used to be a member of a Manpop idol group F4. Since we r on the topic, @arch00 archie @crazyoverdrama pororo @bobsavero Z, u gals wld love this drama coz there r some hawt scenes of topless Van Ness Wu and bedscene tat will turn u into ashes... rem flames=fire=burn=ashes ? Hee hee >:) Maybe hawter than your little hawtie fr 7G :) go google his name and u will find some pics of him with chocolate abs :))

Fanart posted on Choi Kang Hee thread. Has it been posted here?

A fan added Joo Won to the poster of Choi Kang Hee's new movie.

Here r 3 other versions of the same posters. I tot I saw one with DH holding to SW's right leg yesterday but I cant find it now.

viewimageM-14_zpsf84f343f.jpg

viewimageM-58_zpscd3057f6.jpg

viewimageM-88_zpscc612d3a.jpg

(cr. DCinside)

U r referring to the Taiwanese drama Autumn's Concerto (下一站, 幸福/Xia Yi Zhan, Xing Fu - literally translated as Next Stop, Happiness)? Itz one of the few Taiwanese idol drama which worths watchg. The leading actor Van Ness Wu used to be a member of a Manpop idol group F4. Since we r on the topic, @arch00 archie @crazyoverdrama pororo @bobsavero Z, u gals wld love this drama coz there r some hawt scenes of topless Van Ness Wu and bedscene tat will turn u into ashes... rem flames=fire=burn=ashes ? Hee hee >:) Maybe hawter than your little hawtie fr 7G :) go google his name and u will find some pics of him with chocolate abs :))

you mean the guy from meteor garden, unnie? yup, i have already seen that too! maybe my comrades will like him. i like charming guys more than hawt guys. :)) :))

you mean the guy from meteor garden, unnie? yup, i have already seen that too! maybe my comrades will like him. i like charming guys more than hawt guys. :)) :))

So, pororo u know wat I meant right?

Letz see if anyone gets nosebleed watchg this cut fr Autumn's Concerto... >:):D

Warning: This vid might not b suitable for minors... so watch at your own discretion :D

See at 2.00 >:) hee... Im so evil... in my naughty mood tdy since utz TGIF... hyak hyak hyak...

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0SOHhrcRhg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Guest Mishiellie

@simplydramafied1082  thanx for the info.. but I can't watch OB on the YT channel.. it said not available in my country
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY   :((

@simplydramafied1082  thanx for the info.. but I can't watch OB on the YT channel.. it said not available in my country

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY   :((

Baby bunnie, try watch d cantonese version. I shown my mommy yesterday she was so amused by how Granny and TH's mom bickered in cantonese. I was lauging like mad.