Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

7 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Trainer nim said working hard on a day off.. Hopefully Joo Won has a day off from filming too.

Thank you for the translation @flutterby06:heartxoxo:

I took it to mean that Joo Won (and Lee Si Young) has a day off from shooting, since they're at Park Jeong Sik trainernim's gym he is technically working^^ 

But even on a day off those two are putting in a workout. Kudos to their discipline. I hope the food was yummy though; it looks like it was~ 

leaderswithus-hulk-20210729-0.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

22 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

wow seems to be that joo won also shaved his hair completely leaving him bald I guess that is why it is not shown to the public I mean he does not publish anything on instagram

5 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

No but this post that you shared did say shaved. I mean translates to shaved hair.. May be he indeed shaved or may be the hair is so short that it seems almost shaved.

You know, this is all making me think back to that really close-cropped style that most Korean guys get during their enlistment. JW's own was slightly different because the White Skulls did their own thing, but a buzz cut or something similar is quite common there.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Trainer nim said working hard on a day off.. Hopefully Joo Won has a day off from filming too.

I wonder why joo won spends most of the time at the gym instead of taking a day off

6 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

No but this post that you shared did say shaved. I mean translates to shaved hair.. May be he indeed shaved or may be the hair is so short that it seems almost shaved.

it's really hard to know if he shaved or not the korean translations know to be wrong so let's suppose joo won got a short haircut very small like the army

6 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

We've already talked about it.. There's a child actress in Carter. The child is part of Agent Carter's mission.

If I know I ended up forgetting since lately I am busy with work, I have just come to remember

4 hours ago, Calli said:

I took it to mean that Joo Won (and Lee Si Young) has a day off from shooting, since they're at Park Jeong Sik trainernim's gym he is technically working^^ 

But even on a day off those two are putting in a workout. Kudos to their discipline. I hope the food was yummy though; it looks like it was~ 

somehow it seems that joo won loves exercise or tries to maintain the muscles that I gain over time I hope he does not obsess and also takes a day for him I heard that the gym takes almost all the time and well they can not carry a normal life also I do not want joo won to be like kin jong kok who still does not get a girlfriend for spending so much time in the gym I hope more is for the filming of carter

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Calli said:

The dumpling looks so yum.. hope they ate well.

31 minutes ago, kittyna said:

You know, this is all making me think back to that really close-cropped style that most Korean guys get during their enlistment. JW's own was slightly different because the White Skulls did their own thing, but a buzz cut or something similar is quite common there.

Just saw your post while I came here to post few references how Joo Won may look from the info we got.. something along the line may be.

1) SHORT HAIR/Shaved 

0000713251_002_20170608172316868.jpg&typ

0000543358_001_20170627155915920.jpg&typ

2) Tanned (maybe)

Cap_2015-10-24_02-15-05-203.jpg&type=sc9

3) And there's also that comment that he looked thin.

So combining everything :

Spoiler

DpGldVvV4AE7lhO?format=jpg&name=large

DMBVRPZUQAI4tt9?format=jpg&name=small

(just imaging this look with slight tan)

Ha ha... I'm really curious now how he'd actually look for Carter. Military look is already to die for no matter how half done his hair cut were in army fest 2017.. He looked damn good.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

So, just by fluke, I discovered that today is apparently International Friendship Day (honestly, I had no idea this was even a thing), and since I don't know when we'll be getting our next update from JW or his fans, I thought I'd throw together a quick mini-round of Scattergories.

Why "mini"? Because this one only has a handful of prompts: 4 instead of my usual 8-10 ;) 

But still, the drill is the same: for each of these prompts, just say what first comes to mind. There are no right or wrong answers, so just have fun with it!

Spoiler

Scattergories: International Friendship Day

1. Your favourite bromance (i.e. two male friends) from JW's dramas

2. Your favourite womance (i.e. two female friends) from JW's dramas

3. Your favourite cross-gender friendship from JW's dramas (Note: this can be an actual couple, too - I do think many people end up dating their best friends ;))

4. Your favourite friend squad (i.e. more than two people) from JW's dramas

I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys! @Calli @Andrea Balcazar @flutterby06 @Tongtong @kireeti2 @partyon @agenth (Also, I'm sure there were more active users on this forum, but I can't remember all the names - if you know them, please tag them!)

• Like 1
  • Blob 8

6 hours ago, kittyna said:

So, just by fluke, I discovered that today is apparently International Friendship Day (honestly, I had no idea this was even a thing), and since I don't know when we'll be getting our next update from JW or his fans, I thought I'd throw together a quick mini-round of Scattergories.

interesting I was reviewing some of your previous posts and really your dynamics were the best it is good to keep the forum active please it would be great if you did these dynamics

. Your favourite bromance (i.e. two male friends) from JW's dramas

i think several love this bromance lee kang too and shunji

. Your favourite womance (i.e. two female friends) from JW's dramas

I think it could be baek ja eun and park bok ja ojakgyo brothers I really loved it at first they both got on badly but after several episodes their relationship became really friendly

. Your favourite cross-gender friendship from JW's dramas (Note: this can be an actual couple, too - I do think many people end up dating their best friends ;))

mm i think it could be taehyun and the head nurse of intensive care i loved it

. Your favourite friend squad (i.e. more than two people) from JW's dramas

I think I am between ojakgyo brothers and yongpal I liked that group of friends or brothers I chose ojakgyo brothers since I loved their interaction a lot 3 the brothers acted as friends and in yongpal I loved the friendship that taehyun had with the hospital

• Like 1
  • Blob 6

Thanks for tagging me @kittyna :kiss_wink:

Here are my answers:

12 hours ago, kittyna said:

Definitely Park Shi On and Kim Do Han in Good Doctor. Didn't like them at all at first,  but they grew on me as the drama progressed. :heart:

This one is easy! I loved the friendship between Nae Il and Min Hee in Naeil's Cantabile. Min Hee was super precious and cute (I think I may have liked her more than Nae Il - lol :D ) Not sure if it made it even cuter that she was so tiny compared to her double bass. hehe

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAsSNL9h-xFckbQVkWMv4

3. Your favourite cross-gender friendship from JW's dramas (Note: this can be an actual couple, too - I do think many people end up dating their best friends ;))

Good Doctor - hands down.

Good_Doctor-0030.jpg

Even though I was underwhelmed by Naeil's Cantabile as a whole, I still liked the fact that the group of friends were supportive of each other throughout the drama.

3d59f0a7236b825c00d3d66d6836e48e.jpg

I'm going to tag some of other chingus as well to get a male perspective on Joo Won and friendship. :partyblob:

@Sleepy Owl @LeftCoastOppa

And tagging chingu @confusedheart326 because she is watching her first Joo Won drama ever. :love:

(Good Doctor)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 5

4 hours ago, partyon said:

And tagging chingu @confusedheart326 because she is watching her first Joo Won drama ever. :love:

(Good Doctor)

Oh yes! I have become a fan! He is astoundingly good in the drama. His mannerisms and body language are beyond perfection. I can't imagine the hours he must have spent perfecting his role.  I am halfway through the drama. Needless to say, I am loving it. Thanks for the rec chingu. :heartxoxo:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 5

1 hour ago, confusedheart326 said:

Oh yes! I have become a fan! He is astoundingly good in the drama. His mannerisms and body language are beyond perfection. I can't imagine the hours he must have spent perfecting his role.  I am halfway through the drama. Needless to say, I am loving it. Thanks for the rec chingu.

If the truth is, I thought the same when I saw him in that drama since it was the first in which I knew him, his gestures and language, as you say, are perfection, he is one of the best actors

• Like 4
  • Blob 4

21 hours ago, kittyna said:

Kim Tae Hyun  and Man Sik, I personally think these two have best bromance of all Joo won's drama, of course we have Kim Do Han and Park Si-on, but it's more like teacher and pupil type

Park Sun-Young and Kim Do-Yeon, of course they fight a lot for Park Jin Gyeom, but their affection for Jin Gyeom takes their womance next level

Park Si-On and Cha Yeon-Seon, before their love story, I really likes adored their friendship and found it to be heart warming

Pediatric team, yes, initially they didn't accept Park Si-On but as the time passed by they accepted him

• Like 1
  • Blob 5

57 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

Park Sun-Young and Kim Do-Yeon, of course they fight a lot for Park Jin Gyeom, but their affection for Jin Gyeom takes their womance next level

haha I remember when the two characters fought over jingyeom I really felt it like a love triangle haha

• Like 3

Checking in to say that I'm loving all the responses to the Scattergories right now :hooray2: Keep 'em coming, guys!

As for me...

Dang...there are a ton of good ones, including all the ones you've listed so far. I think I also want to add Cha Yoo Jin and Yoo Il Rak to the list. To be fair, as far as Nae Il's Cantabile bromances go, I found the one between Cha Yoo Jin and Lee Yoon Hoo to be more moving and deeper than this one, but I'm going with Yoo Jin + Il Rak because they were just so hilariously cute.

22 hours ago, kittyna said:

Again, there are a ton of good ones - some of which have already been mentioned - but for the sake of answering something different, I'm going to go with Han Yeo Jin and the Butler from Yong Pal. I know that, officially, it's more an employer-employee relationship (or possibly a carry-over of the "young miss" and lady's maid relationship in just about every sageuk ever), but I do think their particular dynamic goes deeper than that. There's almost a quasi-parent-child quality to it that really stood out to me while I was watching the drama, and I was definitely glad that Yeo Jin had someone like that on her side.

3. Your favourite cross-gender friendship from JW's dramas

This one would be tied with Park Si On + Cha Yoon Seo, but just to add something different: Park Jin Gyeom and Kim Do Yeon. I love how they always had each other's backs, no matter what, but were also not above just letting their BFF have it if the other person was being either stubborn or stupid. Mind you, it's almost completely one-sided, with Do Yeon scolding Jin Gyeom, but you get the idea ;) It helps make him a better person in the long run, and that's what counts.

Also, a quick shout-out to Park Si On and Na In Hae for also being all shades of cute :fullofhearts:

For me, it's a tie between the S Orchestra group from Nae Il's Cantabile or Kim Tae Hyun's hospital friends from Yong Pal. Again, it's the way that everyone always had each other's backs, even when times were tough. I also liked that both of these groups had people with distinctly different worldviews and personalities, as that always kept their interactions interesting to watch.

• Like 1
  • Blob 4

@Calli@flutterby06 @kittyna@valinor500@kireeti2woau I just realized something interesting I do not know if you remember a few days ago I shared new information about carter in one of those photos I could not see joo won but I added zoom to see if it was joo won the one from there and I give myself He says that if he was, as they said in several publications, joo won has hair like in military service

I will try to publish on twitter the zoom that I did now I pass the link

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Hello to all my JW pals!  

Though I have been Wonie’s fan since he starred in the Baker King drama, I truly cannot remember the characters names. So hope the below make sense.. lol

1. My favourite bromance (i.e. two male friends)from JW's dramas

The lead doctor in Good Doctor. The bromance is quite real. I recall in the 2D1N show, wonie invited him as his good pal. Unfortunately the lead doc couldn’t attend the variety show. 

2. Your favourite womance (i.e. two female friends)from JW's dramas

hmmm.. please don’t shoot me but I have never really fancy many of his female actress friends from his drama. Found Most of them ( ahem) quite over the top/ over bearing. They are good actresses in own ways, but I personally couldn’t see or even like the womance from his drama. 

3. Your favourite cross-gender friendship from JW's dramas (Note: this can be an actual couple, too - I do think many people end up dating their best friends ;))

I notice the female lead ( Ms Moon) from Good Doctor has quite a heartwarming lovey friendship from the drama. Not over bearing, or domineering.

4. Your favourite friend squad (i.e. more than two people) from JW's dramas

Definitely 2D1N! Daebak. Bromance to the T.

And, the children from Good doctors - do they count?  

Lol, side track a bit.. i dread long dramas especially if there are not shown on our cable tv or netflix. My goal for the rest of year is to finish the Okjaya brothers ‘cos heard the bromance and romance is daebak too.. and to watch his new movie. 

Wonie deserves all the real love, care and good luck! 

Edited by Tongtong
Addition..
  • Blob 5

Haha Yes… a fan since Wonie’s drama debut in 2010. My 85 years old mother is also a fan. We watched the show together with the family. When Wonie was in Spore years ago, she wanted to meet him personally. Lol.. I was on biz travel hence didnt manage to attend the event. Hmmm.. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Tongtong said:

Haha Yes… a fan since Wonie’s drama debut in 2010. My 85 years old mother is also a fan. We watched the show together with the family. When Wonie was in Spore years ago, she wanted to meet him personally. Lol.. I was on biz travel hence didnt manage to attend the event. Hmmm.. 

wow many years and you still have not tired of following it is great I have seen a pure fan of joo won that just by supporting him 3 to 4 years gets tired but you have been with him since he debuted for a long time that I really feel jealous of you if only him I would have known at that time I would have loved

• Like 2

Hey everyone :waves:

I hope you're all having alovely weekend! Mine is very very busy, so I haven't gotten around to answering your friendship prompt @kittyna:( But I enjoyed reading everyone's answers a lot~ 

17 hours ago, confusedheart326 said:

Oh yes! I have become a fan! He is astoundingly good in the drama. His mannerisms and body language are beyond perfection. I can't imagine the hours he must have spent perfecting his role.  I am halfway through the drama. Needless to say, I am loving it.

So happy to read you've become a fan @confusedheart326:dorashakes: Good Doctor was the beginning of my Joo Won journey too~ I hope you'll enjoy the second half of the drama just as much! And many of Joo Won's other works too^^ 

• Like 6

Nice game @kittyna. :approves:I saw you started it yesterday but I just had a very day. So here I come with my answers.

On 7/31/2021 at 12:07 AM, kittyna said:

Favorite bromance is Hwang Tae Hui and his lil bro Tae Pill from Ojakgyo Brothers. Tae Pill is so handful when he's being brat little bro but a strong ally when he is on Tae Hui's side. Love their banter together like brothers in everyday life.

Special mention Lee Kang To and Kimura Shunji.. I won't say much but we probably could've seen this if they weren't born in that era-

Spoiler

2ac4cee303aef168c66e3ed7f4a1a35d.jpg

da7e28923a81b906f152dc2f5abd06c0.jpg

Favourite womance is Yoon Tae Yi- Kim Do Yeon. I think when watching Alice many enjoyed their fight and even looked forward to it, at least I did. But while to many it may seem like girls fight for man.. To me it looked like more of cat fight after first two fight. It was like a show down between them, they just were up to a good fight to see who can have the last words. It's true Park Jin Gyeom was there in between but at some point it looked like they're just fighting for the sake of it. Not to mention they later kept working together because both of them had Jin Gyeom's safety in mind.

I've so many favorite cross gender friendship in JW dramas and a large part in it is good doctor. It choices expanded more because @kittyna allowed couple who used to be friends. But I will just mention 3 without couple.

ElHXn_hUcAAMoYW?format=jpg&name=small

My first is Kim Do Yeon and Par Jin Gyeom.. Love their friendship started and the way Alice has many stories to share regarding their friendship. Both were equally protective of each other regardless of how they summaries their friendship as. It's really miracle how Do Yeon became an important part to apathetic Jin Gyeom's life. May be genuine care does it. Their friendship felt really precious to me. I wasn't on board with Jin Gyeom-Do Yeon as a couple when the drama started mainly because I kind of understood from production press conference that there's no proper love line in Alice but I was on board when they started showing their childhood stories and little little notes to show how Jin Gyeom also cares deeply for Do Yeon in his own blunt way. So glad that Do Yeon became friends with Jin Gyeom.

My 2nd choice is In Hye and Park Shi On from Good Doctor. I love their friendship and looked forward to their screen time. Loved how she coached Shi On when he was love sick.

My 3rd one is Ms. Yoon and Park Si On from GD. Their friendship had really good influence for both of them.. Specially Si On's insights matured Yoon Chae Kyung. She used to be someone who thought Si On as a bother but their friendship evolved beautifully. Love how genuinely Si On approached her to know how she got proposed but this conversation probably shifted their relationship. Like Park Si On said to Cha Yeon Seo that she isn't really a very close friend but she listens to his worries and chit chat and give advices. 

Favorite friend squad is from Tomorrow Cantabile.. Those S orchestra group that has always been around Cha Yoo Jin. When I talk about S orchestra bunch specially the ones that are close to Cha Yoo Jin I include Lee Yoon Hoo (Bo Gum) too because he may have had other intension but he was kinda good influence on S orchestra until he tried to divide them.

But if I narrow the squad a bit down I loved these three together mostly. Cha Yoo Jin with his Love (!) and His Best Friend(!). They are chaotic in a way that makes me smile every time I watch them.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlmBgzYhl2-YQjez-WvID

10 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

@Calli@flutterby06 @kittyna@valinor500@kireeti2woau I just realized something interesting I do not know if you remember a few days ago I shared new information about carter in one of those photos I could not see joo won but I added zoom to see if it was joo won the one from there and I give myself He says that if he was, as they said in several publications, joo won has hair like in military service

I will try to publish on twitter the zoom that I did now I pass the link

:fullofhearts: Wow @Andrea Balcazar such a awesome discovery. See I said Agent carter can't hide for long. :glasses:

So Tanned  probably checked though we can't see clearly, Short hair checked... Glad you found it.

Btw, can you please share the main picture too? It will be nice if we could see original picture and zoomed one side by side.

• Like 1
  • Blob 4