Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

21 hours ago, Calli said:

I know Joo Won's hyungs on 1N2D sometimes called him "Wonie", especially when they were talking just between themselves and the camera happened to catch that. "Joo Wonie", "Joo Wonah" but also "Wonie", which I think is really cute and expresses so much familiarity~

4 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

It's true no way to confirm it's Joo Won from just those stories but let's be honest... Park Jeong Sik trainer nim knows we're interested only in our wonie.. Ha ha..

It's we didn't see him calling Joo Won wonie but we saw him calling him Joo Wonie which people who're close to Joo Won frequently does. So it won't be very unusual if he calls him wonie. And it could be his way of making sure only JW fans decode who he's talking about.

I also think he's most likely referring to JW when he mentioned "Won-ie", just due to the general pattern for his posts thus far. However, it's also worth pointing out that "Won-ah" and "Won-ie" are fairly common nicknames for Korean people who have "Won" as the final character in their given name ;) Probably because it's got a nice, cute ring to it.

3 hours ago, Calli said:

Because I haven't been around for any of Joo Won's past filmings in real time, I'm honestly not sure what to expect... all I know is from my 2012/13 research that it used to be Joo Won who updated fans quite often on his filmings. There were these really cute tweets for example on the day he started filming Only You (Catch Me) (May 26, 2013) where he attached really lovely selcas too: 

JW was quite active in posting behind-the-scenes updates during My Sassy Girl, at least - that was how he started his VLive account, if I recall correctly - but I always assumed that that was just because of his upcoming enlistment and his desire to drum up excitement for it, knowing that he wouldn't be able to promote the drama in person when the time came.

However, I also recall that JW was rather quiet about Alice filming, too. As you guys have already pointed out, a lot of the updates there came either from his staff, his agency, or directly from SBS.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

JW was quite active in posting behind-the-scenes updates during My Sassy Girl, at least - that was how he started his VLive account, if I recall correctly - but I always assumed that that was just because of his upcoming enlistment and his desire to drum up excitement for it, knowing that he wouldn't be able to promote the drama in person when the time came.

Joo Won also did quite a few vlives from the Yongpal set. There was this really really cute one he did to keep his viewer rating promise (to do a mukbang) and he was so surprised when he saw that his mom had prepared him this huge feast for lunch :fullofhearts: 

It's also one of the few vlives of his that happily has English subs. Just like twitter, he used to be quite active on vlive back then too (and until his enlistment)... sadly not anymore :'(

Whatever he's willing to share these days though, I'm very happy with. Can't turn back time^^ But like I already said, I do wish his agency was a little more proactive with Joo Won updates...

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

@calli @kittyna @flutterby06Ahora que lo extraño mucho, creo que hubiera sido mejor si lo hubiera conocido para la época en que estaba más activo, pero creo que una cosa que cambió fue el ejército.Creo que antes, como dijiste, estaba activo, es cierto, pero Supongo que desde que tiene 30 puede ver cambiado algo de su actitud y quiere mantenerse alejado de las redes sociales y solo darles actualizaciones cuando termine su trabajo, estaba viendo un joo won en vivo en el que habló que quiere comunicar. cuando tiene algún trabajo terminado desde antes que no tiene que hablar pero sería genial si incluso actualiza tu instagram con tu cara para verlo con más frecuencia

pero por lo que estoy seguro que cuando termine de filmar haré un live siempre lo ha hecho por lo que he visto por ejemplo mi chica atrevida alice

• Like 4

New day, new coffee truck for Joo Won on the Carter set^^ 

Today's coffee & snack truck was sent to Joo Won only from zu.won_supporters (unlike Saturday's coffee truck which was a joint venture by zu.won_supporters and several Japanese fanbases). 

Their banner today reads: 

"He's an actor with no limits.

Corona and hot weather are giving you a hard time, right? Have coffee and snacks and cheer up."

And Joo Won captioned his sweet "thank you" insta story with: 

"I will overcome the limits! ㅎ

Thank you for today as well ♡" 

spacer.png

What a Joo Won thing to say/write^^ Stay safe while pushing those limits, Joo Won!! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

10 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

@calli @kittyna @flutterby06Ahora que lo extraño mucho, creo que hubiera sido mejor si lo hubiera conocido para la época en que estaba más activo, pero creo que una cosa que cambió fue el ejército.Creo que antes, como dijiste, estaba activo, es cierto, pero Supongo que desde que tiene 30 puede ver cambiado algo de su actitud y quiere mantenerse alejado de las redes sociales y solo darles actualizaciones cuando termine su trabajo, estaba viendo un joo won en vivo en el que habló que quiere comunicar. cuando tiene algún trabajo terminado desde antes que no tiene que hablar pero sería genial si incluso actualiza tu instagram con tu cara para verlo con más frecuencia

pero por lo que estoy seguro que cuando termine de filmar haré un live siempre lo ha hecho por lo que he visto por ejemplo mi chica atrevida alice

My Google Translation says you said-

"Now that I miss him so much, I think it would have been better if I had met him for the time when he was most active, but I think one thing that changed was the army I think before, like you said, he was active, that's right, but I guess that since he is 30 he can see some of his attitude changed and he wants to stay away from social networks and only give them updates when he finishes his work, he was watching a live joo won in which he spoke that he wants to communicate.  when you have some finished work from before you don't have to talk but it would be great if you even update your instagram with your face to see it more often

but for what I'm sure that when I'm done filming I'll do a live show, I've always done it because of what I've seen, for example, my daring girl Alice. "

I must say that's a good observation. I also think Joo Won is trying to not involve too much to social media. 

But he usually does promote his ongoing dramas.. he always does. Alice is different. The way Alice repeated scenes and deals with duel characters things could look like spoiler when we actually started watching the drama. So it could be to not giveaway the story of Alice. 

In Carter filming we're also not seeing his face. It could to do with keeping the story and get up a secret. 

So I'm not really concerned that Joo Won isn't being super active in sns.

I'm more concerned with this-

17 hours ago, Calli said:

Whatever he's willing to share these days though, I'm very happy with. Can't turn back time^^ But like I already said, I do wish his agency was a little more proactive with Joo Won updates...

I did not really mind it before when when people used to complain Joo Won's agency doesn't promote him like they should. Because I thought they're not that bad.. Because in a way to fans promotion also means CF, photoshoot etc etc along with other stuffs.. but we know Joo Won doesn't want to be very much occupied with media activities that aren't acting. So I felt it's okay. But this time it feels different. I could literally feel a lack of effort. It's probably the first time I'm complaining about his agency not doing their job right. Not go into the details but this time it just doesn't feel right.

19 hours ago, kittyna said:

However, I also recall that JW was rather quiet about Alice filming, too. As you guys have already pointed out, a lot of the updates there came either from his staff, his agency, or directly from SBS.

Yeah this.. when Joo Won is being quite usually his agency, his staff and management members starts communicating things. It isn't happening this time sadly.

18 hours ago, Calli said:

Joo Won also did quite a few vlives from the Yongpal set. There was this really really cute one he did to keep his viewer rating promise (to do a mukbang) and he was so surprised when he saw that his mom had prepared him this huge feast for lunch :fullofhearts: 

Joo Won opened vlive at that time. It was very trendy then. So what a good time he joined Vlive which intersected with Yong Pal shooting. Yes... So happy for Joo Won's vlives. Those are just precious.. :please:

3 hours ago, Calli said:

Their banner today reads: 

"He's an actor with no limits.

Corona and hot weather are giving you a hard time, right? Have coffee and snacks and cheer up."

And Joo Won captioned his sweet "thank you" insta story with: 

"I will overcome the limits! ㅎ

Thank you for today as well ♡" 

It's so good to see this precious coffee truck from fans.. those cheer up Joo Won.

And That cute emoji... Awww..

And like @Calli I would also like to say- Be safe while pushing your limits. Stay safe and enjoy the filming. We'll cheer for you.:hooray2:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

"Now that I miss him so much, I think it would have been better if I had met him for the time when he was most active, but I think one thing that changed was the army I think before, like you said, he was active, that's right, but I guess that since he is 30 he can see some of his attitude changed and he wants to stay away from social networks and only give them updates when he finishes his work, he was watching a live joo won in which he spoke that he wants to communicate.  when you have some finished work from before you don't have to talk but it would be great if you even update your instagram with your face to see it more often

but for what I'm sure that when I'm done filming I'll do a live show, I've always done it because of what I've seen, for example, my daring girl Alice. "

I was wrong and written in Spanish haha I apologize for what I was trying to say that it would have been better to meet joo won in the days of a good doctor

7 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

hopefully next year or this year he will get more active I miss him a lot

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

I did not really mind it before when when people used to complain Joo Won's agency doesn't promote him like they should. Because I thought they're not that bad.. Because in a way to fans promotion also means CF, photoshoot etc etc along with other stuffs.. but we know Joo Won doesn't want to be very much occupied with media activities that aren't acting. So I felt it's okay. But this time it feels different. I could literally feel a lack of effort. It's probably the first time I'm complaining about his agency not doing their job right. Not go into the details but this time it just doesn't feel right.

I'm just now reading on DC Gallery how upset fans were back in May 2013 because his agency still hadn't (re)opened Joo Won's homepage after 6 months^^ There generally were many complaints about his agency back then too, that they just weren't doing enough to promote Joo Won and make the best out of his rising popularity. 

@flutterby06you said "we know Joo Won doesn't want to be very much occupied with media activities that aren't acting" and I was wondering if Joo Won has made any statements to that effect? 

Because he used to be quite busy with CFs and photoshoots, what with countless magazine spreads and then of course his CFs for Edwin, Cantata, Mountia, etc. 

It breaks my heart a little (or a lot) to think that Joo Won's agency isn't doing what they should be doing for him... on the other hand, maybe there's just things we're not aware of? Idk, I'm rather disappointed with his agency myself (I contacted them twice about a question I had and there was no reply) but I just hope Joo Won is happy with his agency and his management. That's what matters most. 

Joo Won opened vlive at that time. It was very trendy then. So what a good time he joined Vlive which intersected with Yong Pal shooting. Yes... So happy for Joo Won's vlives. Those are just precious.. 

Vlive was launched in the summer of 2015 so Joo Won joined at the very beginning^^ I haven't watched all his vlives yet tbh but those I've seen are truly truly precious :wub: Even those that don't have subs and I therefore don't understand much warm my heart through and through. He used to enjoy communicating with fans so much, even if he felt awkward sometimes^^ I really cherish all those moments where he just took the time to talk to fans; he has such a warm heart and beautiful personality and it really shines in such moments imo. 

I'm really sad vlive will merge with Weverse :'( I wonder what will happen to all those vlives. Will they be transferred to the new platform or should we download all vlives we love before they disappear? 

I miss him a lot, too @Andrea Balcazar

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Calli said:

flutterby06you said "we know Joo Won doesn't want to be very much occupied with media activities that aren't acting" and I was wondering if Joo Won has made any statements to that effect? 

Because he used to be quite busy with CFs and photoshoot, what with countless magazine spreads and then of course his CFs for Edwin, Cantata, Mountia, etc. 

He did a lot of CF/Photoshoot when he needed to.

When he was still rising.. but it deresed with time he became more of a prominent actor.

It's not that he doesn't do at all.. it's just the volume of such work is lower if you compare it with the coverage his dramas get.

I will share a news article on Joo Won later when that mostly is about what people says about Joo Won. A article of 2015 or 2016 may be. I forgot. I was preparing it for his debut anniversary post but got delayed because I was this weekend. There's a mention that he's known as an actor who doesn't do CF much.

And other than that the big declaration is from Joo Won in healing camp. He said reporters sometimes asked him directly- "Joo Won ssi most of your work do well, have high ratings, but you seem a bit different from actors of your age. We have not seen you in CF too?

He replied after sincere thought- " Though my path is yet uncertain and I may walk in their path later too. But at this time, for now, it seems my path is different. For now I am only walking the path of acting."

So that's what his thought on being involved in CF, photoshoot and other activities excessively. To media these commercial activities seems to be a benchmark for popularity. For an rising and hot shot actor to be featured in numerous CF and brand endorsement is his/her scale of popularity in a way. But the more Joo Won become in control of his career the more he tried to do those activities in limited fashion. Like he endorsed few brands for a long time rather than engaging himself with different and new brands. Like Mountia, Mind bridge two of his long term endorsed brand. 

Tbh if he doesn't do those side activities other than not having popularity among public what probably affect more will be his agency's bank account. He'll earn less money for his agency so he did those when he could and endorsed brands for long time before.

That's why when I see Joo Won enjoying this kind of freedom like choosing not to do many CF, choosing own projects, involving musical project etc. - that's what makes me not think bad of his agency despite their lack of efficient promotion and PR. Because I feel they give him the space he needs. Every actors who went Military with Joo Won was, they started engaging themselves right away in a project right after they're discharged . Joo Won on the hand went to a tour in parts of USA to enjoy a much needed vacation, literally a vacation outside work and started filming after that. That's what makes me happy thinking he can have his say over his things in that agency hopefully. 

3 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

I was wrong and written in Spanish haha I apologize for what I was trying to say that it would have been better to meet joo won in the days of a good doctor

No problems.. I understood you probably forgot to translate your own before posting. Happens... And Thanks that you're taking the effort to write here at all.. appreciate all who try to keep the thread alive... :heart4:

2 hours ago, Calli said:

really sad vlive will merge with Weverse :'( I wonder what will happen to all those vlives. Will they be transferred to the new platform or should we download all vlives we love before they disappear? 

I didn't know anything any vlive and weverse merging..! What does this other platform do.. I don't what will happen I'm downloading all vlive video from next weekend. Thanks for letting us know @Calli

We have a good news- Joo Won will be cover of a Japanese Magazine June Issue.

It'll talk about comeback work. Look forward to it. :issohappy:

Also recently kntv re broadcasted Joo Won's Radio Star episode.

The picture in the tweet is just so beautiful.. :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

That's why when I see Joo Won enjoying this kind of freedom like choosing not to do many CF, choosing own projects, involving musical project etc. I that's what makes not think bad of his agency despite their lack of efficient promotion and PR. Because I feel they give him the space he needs.

Thanks so much for replying to my question in such detail @flutterby06:heartxoxo:

It was a very reassuring read~ I always thought that beyond Joo Won's loyalty, he must have very good reasons for staying with the same agency for all those years. I'm sure what you described is one of those reasons. 

I need to rewatch his Healing Camp episode. I think I didn't have enough background information when I first watched it a few months back... I think if I rewatch it now I'll be able to understand a little better and appreciate his answers even more than I did back then.

32 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

And Thanks that you're taking the effort to write here at all.. appreciate all who try to keep the thread alive... :heart4:

I absolutely second that :kiss_wink:  I'm always so happy when I open the thread and see there are new posts to read^^

32 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

I didn't know anything any vlive and weverse merging..! What does this other platform do.. I don't what will happen I'm downloading all vlive video from next weekend. Thanks for letting us know @Calli

Here's an article on it for anyone who's interested. Weverse was a platform that BigHit initially created just for BTS and for fans to communicate on (a shop was included as well to buy exclusive fanmerch). Later on it was expanded to include many more groups. I've honestly never been a big fan of it so I haven't been on it in forever and have no clue how user friendly it is nowadays. What I know is that Vlive is planning to close its service in the first quarter of 2022, so we still have some time till then. I'm hoping all the videos on vlive will be archived or made available for viewing somehow. Just in case though, I've started downloading Joo Won's vlives too:lol:

Some bit of news:

Joo Won will be featured on the cover of the 103rd issue of "Korean TV Drama I Want to Know More" released on June 21st

spacer.png

google translation gave me:

"Along with the refreshing gravure that is perfect for June, we will deliver an interview with the (Joo Won's) return work "Alice (original title)" after discharge Please look forward to it ♪"

No clue what "gravure" might mean in this context, but hopefully the interview will be available online too!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Calli said:

Thanks so much for replying to my question in such detail @flutterby06:heartxoxo:

It was a very reassuring read~ I always thought that beyond Joo Won's loyalty, he must have very good reasons for staying with the same agency for all those years. I'm sure what you described is one of those reasons. 

I need to rewatch his Healing Camp episode. I think I didn't have enough background information when I first watched it a few months back... I think if I rewatch it now I'll be able to understand a little better and appreciate his answers even more than I did back then.

You're welcome @Calli. This happens with me all the time too.. sometimes I got enlightened with a different perspective of a situation or statement after I watch it second time or rewatch after a long gap. In light of new info I gathered things Joo Won says gets more understandable.

26 minutes ago, Calli said:

Here's an article on it for anyone who's interested. Weverse was a platform that BigHit initially created just for BTS and for fans to communicate on (a shop was included as well to buy exclusive fanmerch). Later on it was expanded to include many more groups. I've honestly never been a big fan of it so I haven't been on it in forever and have no clue how user friendly it is nowadays. What I know is that Vlive is planning to close its service in the first quarter of 2022, so we still have some time till then. I'm hoping all the videos on vlive will be archived or made available for viewing somehow. Just in case though, I've started downloading Joo Won's vlives too:lol:

Will check the article.. even tho the videos are intact and merged in new platform I wonder how this will affect Joo Won's time to time greetings on vlive for us. Like changing of platform could affect whether Joo Won will choose to be active in that platform or not. So it's a little concerning.

29 minutes ago, Calli said:

google translation gave me:

"Along with the refreshing gravure that is perfect for June, we will deliver an interview with the (Joo Won's) return work "Alice (original title)" after discharge Please look forward to it ♪"

No clue what "gravure" might mean in this context, but hopefully the interview will be available online too!

I saw it in twitter and posted here but as expected the post got merged with previous one.

But I didn't notice that it'll be available online.. will there be an interview from Joo Won?and available online? That's so wonderful... So looking forward to it. :coolshades:

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

I wonder how this will affect Joo Won's time to time greetings on vlive for us. Like changing of platform could affect whether Joo Won will choose to be active in that platform or not. So it's a little concerning.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm concerned about the very same thing :( He doesn't come on vlive a lot anymore anyway, but at least we have the possibility he might since he's very familiar with it. And it's not like we have any alternative since he doesn't do instagram lives either. Hopefully the move to the new platform won't be complicated and his agency will establish a Joo Won channel just the same where he can still say "hi" easily if he chooses to. 

15 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

I saw it in twitter and posted here but as expected the post got merged with previous one.

But I didn't notice that it'll be available online.. will there be an interview from Joo Won?and available online?

Oh!! I didn't see. When I was replying to your post @flutterby06the tweets you shared weren't included. Sorry!!

And I don't know if it will be available online, I just really hope so! And while I'm wishing for things, hopefully the magazine will also release a behind of the photoshoot^^ *fingerscrossed* 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Calli said:

Oh!! I didn't see. When I was replying to your post @flutterby06the tweets you shared weren't included. Sorry!!

Oh no worries.. we just shared same news at the same time. But not the same post.

Photo shoot behind the scene would be so nice. But to be honest I'm satisfied as long as I get a pretty long interview. Joo Won interviews are fun to read. I wonder when he did it. 

I feel specially for Joo Won's Japan activities .. his popularity in Japan is probably the reason we got Joo Won's Life Log from Kntv I guess. Does any other celebrities have life Iog? Anyone knows? I guess there could be other celebrities featured in Life log too.. but may not be many of them got to do that. So it's just feels great that Joo Won was approached by them and he actually accepted considering how he just left 2d1n may be 6-8 months before starting Life log. And fans that time must be so ecstatic knowing they'll get to see Joo Won being Joo Won. But who knew this program would end up being so valuable to Joo Won fans around the world. Thankfully Japanese fan shared the program despite the copyright (the reason why the translation was not shared on YouTube because YouTube would consider it copyright violation) to Korean and international fans and later that got translated by Joo Won cutie sub team. Just can't be thankful enough. :hooray2:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just want to say this first, in case anyone's concerned about my being quieter here in recent days/weeks - I'm more than happy passing on the torch of keeping this forum alive to folks like @Calli@Andrea Balcazar and @flutterby06 right now :) My goal back then was to keep this place afloat over the course of JW's enlistment and then until hype builds up again after his comeback, and, well...3-4 years of constantly trying to find or come up with things to post is exhausting :dead: So I'm definitely glad to see you guys stepping in and picking up my slack!

(Special shoutout to @kireeti2 as well for being my main "JW-related conversation partner" in the latter stretch!)

That said, re: promotions from JW's agency (way too many individual comments for me to quote them one-by-one, but you get the idea), I hadn't thought much of it personally. I think I just chalked it up to, "Well, we're still technically in the middle of COVID-19, so of course everything's gonna be slow." Whether it's filming, meeting with agency peeps, promos/photoshoots, etc., I've just always assumed that agencies like JW's will strip down to their bare minimum - both due to any lingering public health restrictions and due to the inevitable loss of income.

Of course, there's also social media, but my impression of JW's agency - at least on Instagram - is that they were never particularly good at the SNS game. Like, they really only post to announce upcoming events, share stills from upcoming films/dramas/variety show appearances or congratulate artists on special milestones (e.g. birthdays or debut anniversaries). Otherwise, though, there aren't really many miscellaneous updates - and it seems to be the case all across the board for the artists signed under the agency rather than anything about JW's position in it specifically.

• Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

Photo shoot behind the scene would be so nice. But to be honest I'm satisfied as long as I get a pretty long interview. Joo Won interviews are fun to read. I wonder when he did it. 

I'm with you 100% @flutterby06. Nothing tops being able to read and understand Joo Won's thoughts :wub:

I just also really enjoy seeing him behind-the-scenes of his shoots... seeing him smile in between being all professional or simply just getting glimpses of his work process always amazes me. 

Let's hope the interview will be published online... or that Japanese fans will kindly share it and google/papago will do a good job translating^^ 

his popularity in Japan is probably the reason we got Joo Won's Life Log from Kntv I guess. Does any other celebrities have life Iog? Anyone knows?

For sure. I remember in the very first Life Log episode Joo Won mentioned how fans have to request a celebrity for them to be featured in Life Log and how he felt especially happy about that. I think even less than 6 months had passed since his final filming for 1N2D (October 11 &12, 2013) before he started filming for Life Log some time in late 2013 / early 2014. 

Those 24 episodes are truly such a gift to every Joo Won fan :') I'm so grateful to him for agreeing to do this program back then even though he felt burdened it might turn out "ordinary" (though he's anything but ordinary, especially to us) and of course to the wonderful fans who shared and subbed the episodes back then (and that they are still around and haven't disappeared along with so many other subbed Joo Won videos :()

I don't know of any other celebrity who has done this very same format... I know of Junho who did a similar one though for Japanese TV that was called "Junho's Say Yes to Friendship" in 2013 and that had a lot to do with his rising popularity in Japan as well. 

Since we mentioned subbed Joo Won content^^ does anyone maybe happen to know if this Section TV interview with Joo Won from 2011 has ever been subbed or translated into English?

edit: @kittynaonly saw your post after posting mine~

I just wanted to say a big thank you - to you and @kireeti2and everyone else posting regularly for such a long time and keeping this place afloat because I'm sure me (and others) would have never been able to find this thread otherwise. And imo there really is no other place like this one for international JW fans to meet and exchange thoughts on all things Joo Won^^

Having said that though I hope you'll keep sharing your thoughts and insights cause they're really valuable and very, very much appreciated :heart4:

At the risk of sounding cheesy, but I hope this thread will always be a place where everyone who loves Joo Won will feel happy and comfortable sharing whatever JW related things they want, whenever they want - like it has been since 2010(!) (looooong before I even knew K-dramas or wonderful Joo Won existed :lol::tears: ) 

• Like 4

feel specially for Joo Won's Japan activities .. his popularity in Japan is probably the reason we got Joo Won's Life Log from Kntv I guess. Does any other celebrities have life Iog? Anyone knows? I guess there could be other celebrities featured in Life log too.. but may not be many of them got to do that. So it's just feels great that Joo Won was approached by them and he actually accepted considering how he just left 2d1n may be 6-8 months before starting Life log. And fans that time must be so ecstatic knowing they'll get to see Joo Won being Joo Won. But who knew this program would end up being so valuable to Joo Won fans around the world. Thankfully Japanese fan shared the program despite the copyright (the reason why the translation was not shared on YouTube because YouTube would consider it copyright violation) to Korean and international fans and later that got translated by Joo Won cutie sub team. Just can't be thankful enough. :hooray2:

I am not surprised that they do an interview with joo won since from what I have seen joo won if I am not mistaken he has many Japanese fans because of the fan accounts he has on instagram, they are more Japanese fans than from another country it seems that they love him a lot It could be a reason since lately the Japanese TV is showing joo won dramas for example Alice and other dramas of him

speaking of @kireeti2   I was reviewing the messages of the group from 2017 to 2020 and I have seen that he was very active but now I have not seen him around here I wonder what happened to him

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

Just want to say this first, in case anyone's concerned about my being quieter here in recent days/weeks - I'm more than happy passing on the torch of keeping this forum alive to folks like @Calli@Andrea Balcazar and @flutterby06 right now :) My goal back then was to keep this place afloat over the course of JW's enlistment and then until hype builds up again after his comeback, and, well...3-4 years of constantly trying to find or come up with things to post is exhausting 

Thank you but I think I should thank you since you were maintaining the blog together with you were waiting a long time for joo won what many fans could not think that being faithful to a single actor for a long time is being a true fan and that I will try to be with joo won

1 hour ago, Calli said:

just wanted to say a big thank you - to you and @kireeti2and everyone else posting regularly for such a long time and keeping this place afloat because I'm sure me (and others) would have never been able to find this thread otherwise. And imo there really is no other place like this one for international JW fans to meet and exchange thoughts on all things Joo Won^^

Having said that though I hope you'll keep sharing your thoughts and insights cause they're really valuable and very, very much appreciated 

yes thanks to that I could find joo won's blog easily just looking for it

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Calli said:

I'm with you 100% @flutterby06. Nothing tops being able to read and understand Joo Won's thoughts :wub:

I just also really enjoy seeing him behind-the-scenes of his shoots... seeing him smile in between being all professional or simply just getting glimpses of his work process always amazes me. 

Let's hope the interview will be published online... or that Japanese fans will kindly share it and google/papago will do a good job translating^^ 

Okay.. I just noticed it looks  like the magazine from a tv station so there's possibility of getting a behind the scene too.. @Calli we might get both if we're lucky.. so yeah let's week for next week. Oh it just feels  great to see a update on timeline.. :highonflowers:

4 hours ago, Calli said:

I don't know of any other celebrity who has done this very same format... I know of Junho who did a similar one though for Japanese TV that was called "Junho's Say Yes to Friendship" in 2013 and that had a lot to do with his rising popularity in Japan as well. 

Since we mentioned subbed Joo Won content^^ does anyone maybe happen to know if this Section TV interview with Joo Won from 2011 has ever been subbed or translated into English?

hmm.. I guessed there must be similar programs because Japanese viewers as a whole very interested in k contents. I will check if this interview English sub is still there. Will let you know.

3 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

I am not surprised that they do an interview with joo won since from what I have seen joo won if I am not mistaken he has many Japanese fans because of the fan accounts he has on instagram, they are more Japanese fans than from another country it seems that they love him a lot It could be a reason since lately the Japanese TV is showing joo won dramas for example Alice and other dramas of him

Japanese tv channel specially kntv actually does a lot of rerun of Joo Won's show on regular basis. Not only in sns, Japanese fans almost always present in every public event of Joo Won. Fan meetings, Fan signing.. Some of them came to see Joo Won off at the day Joo Won entered military base. they also were present during army fests. Also they participate in most of the fan support event for Joo Won. They also send little gifts/flowers in any special day or occassion. They have Official Japanese fan site for joo won, which I guess was possible because of their continuous long term support for Joo Won. 

Other than Japanese fans there's also Thai Fans.. He always receives warm greetings and love from Thai fans. 

There were once Chinese fan activities too... Oh I wish they'll be organized again. Chinese fans are quick to sub/ translate things. It's easier to retranslate when there's  a reference already.. :sweat_smile: Apart from that c fans in general are very quick and expert at finding things fastest. 

5 hours ago, kittyna said:

Just want to say this first, in case anyone's concerned about my being quieter here in recent days/weeks - I'm more than happy passing on the torch of keeping this forum alive to folks like @Calli@Andrea Balcazar and @flutterby06 right now :) My goal back then was to keep this place afloat over the course of JW's enlistment and then until hype builds up again after his comeback, and, well...3-4 years of constantly trying to find or come up with things to post is exhausting :dead: So I'm definitely glad to see you guys stepping in and picking up my slack!

(Special shoutout to @kireeti2 as well for being my main "JW-related conversation partner" in the latter stretch!)

I'm not in a position to say much but I go on and off with this thread frequently because sometimes I just lack things to say. It's just fun to read and enjoy. So @kittyna I still get you keeping up with things and posting here regularly can be exhausting. And you and @kireeti2 did had to keep the conversation going on with interesting topic many times. I can't be thankful enough.. seeing they're still making this thread move. :cry:

I was thinking of looking for @kireeti2on Joo Won's debut anniversary but thought I might just let it be He'll visit again when he feel like it. May be he is taking a rest too.

and special thanks to @Andrea Balcazar and @Callifor giving a slight kick to this thread. It's not very often we get to new regular conversation starter in this thread. And seeing you guys moving the thread feels really good. really really thanks. 

There's also @valinor500 always there to cheer everyone in this thread silently liking our posts.

Thank you all. :heart:

5 hours ago, Calli said:

At the risk of sounding cheesy, but I hope this thread will always be a place where everyone who loves Joo Won will feel happy and comfortable sharing whatever JW related things they want, whenever they want - like it has been since 2010(!) (looooong before I even knew K-dramas or wonderful Joo Won existed :lol::tears: )

Even tho it's cheesy it's nothing but a sincere hope of mine too. . . I hope even if all of us can't be present or be active at the same times, even if some of us takes a break I hope this thread still keeps moving bit by bit to spread love and admiration for Joo Won. :blush:

34.jpg?type=w1200

• Like 4
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

There were once Chinese fan activities too... Oh I wish they'll be organized again. Chinese fans are quick to sub/ translate things. It's easier to retranslate when there's  a reference already.. :sweat_smile: Apart from that c fans in general are very quick and expert at finding things fastest. 

I wonder if there are still Chinese joo won fans

23 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Japanese tv channel specially kntv actually does a lot of rerun of Joo Won's show on regular basis. Not only in sns, Japanese fans almost always present in every public event of Joo Won. Fan meetings, Fan signing.. Some of them came to see Joo Won off at the day Joo Won entered military base. they also were present during army fests. Also they participate in most of the fan support event for Joo Won. They also send little gifts/flowers in any special day or occassion. They have Official Japanese fan site for joo won, which I guess was possible because of their continuous long term support for Joo Won. 

from all the joo won fandom the japanese and korean give more help

although also the thai fans

I love to see this forum found since I had no one to talk to about joo won so I thank very much to those who tried to be the most active the forum so that it does not get abandoned I have seen that there were several people in the forum before Joo won go now that I see they did not know how to wait for him

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

I wonder if there are still Chinese joo won fans

Active fans? only a handful may be.. and not active and organized like they were before.

https://weibo.com/onlyjoowon?refer_flag=1008085010_&is_all=1

the above link is a fan club from weibo..IIf you follow their posts you'll notice they're even making video clips with chinese subtitles recently.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Active fans? only a handful may be.. and not active and organized like they were before.

if active fans of china for some reason i feel that if hallyu had not been restricted in china joo won would be famous there since he was going to release a cdrama he would have done well since yongpal gave him a lot of popularity also he won the best influencer award in Asia in that year beating all the actors

45 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

the above link is a fan club from weibo..IIf you follow their posts you'll notice they're even making video clips with chinese subtitles recently.

As I said, I investigated everything and I had seen this group in China that was on weibo but I want to know if there is another fanclub in China

by the way a few days ago I found a video of joo won in a musical but I couldn't share it I'll try to find it and share it here I'm sure no one has seen this video

• Like 4