Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Cute throwback to an interview Moon Chae Won did in 2014 about Good Doctor.

(And a pic from my Pinterest just because :P)

69214cd8be446338152ffcc081e3b16e.jpg

I always think it's adorable that a number of Cha Yoon Seo and Park Si On's scenes were ad-libbed: it shows that both Moon Chae Won and JW were really in-touch with their characters and that they had awesome chemistry as actors :) 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, kittyna said:

I always think it's adorable that a number of Cha Yoon Seo and Park Si On's scenes were ad-libbed: it shows that both Moon Chae Won and JW were really in-touch with their characters and that they had awesome chemistry as actors :) 

Thanks for sharing, I hadn't seen this interview with moon chae won, I'm also a fan of hers before seeing the other joo won dramas and she loves her chemistry.
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, kittyna said:

Thanks so much for sharing this, @kittyna :partyblob:

Even though Good Doctor was my first Joo Won drama, and I know that Park Si On has a very special place in Joo Won's heart (in mine too~) and he considers him to be his most favorite/impactful character he's portrayed so far, I've hardly read any interviews the actors gave at the time or seen many bts. 

So good to know that they worked so well together and that the PD created an environment in which they could freely interpret their characters and add ad-lips~ 

Joo Won praised Choi Kang Hee so much during and especially after the end of 7th GCS and called her the best partner he had ever had (until then at least), I'm curious to see what he said about Moon Chae Won - once I get to the interviews he gave at the time in my Joo Won studies^^ 

I felt the love story and the chemistry the two of them created on screen together for Good Doctor much more deeply than the one in his previous drama, but Good Doctor had by far(!!) the better writing and directing and was just overall such a meaningful and high-quality work that, in my opinion, many if not most dramas pale in comparison... 

• Like 4

Park Jeong Sik did an instagram live with Joo Won again a little while ago and while I didn't understand much, I had to laugh out loud when Joo Won said "everyone, this isn't my IG live" - I think because people kept asking questions about and to him. At one point I think he said he still enjoys eating chicken^^ There was also something about sugar or syrup when the lovely pilates ladies brought Americanos but I didn't really get that.

If anyone understood more or has a translation, please share - maybe @flutterby06can help if she drops by again~

I'm so grateful to Joo Won's trainer for sharing these videos - it's really lovely to hear Joo Won's voice and laughter and see him healthy and well :wub:

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, Calli said:

Park Jeong Sik did an instagram live with Joo Won again a little while ago and while I didn't understand much, I had to laugh out loud when Joo Won said "everyone, this isn't my IG live

haha is that well we do not know anything about him that is why we ask questions

7 hours ago, Calli said:

If anyone understood more or has a translation, please share - maybe @flutterby06can help if she drops by again~

The good thing is that right now I'm going to start studying Korean to learn since I need to understand what joo won says in some live

7 hours ago, Calli said:

There was also something about sugar or syrup when the lovely pilates ladies brought Americanos but I didn't really get that.

by twiter I found this translation I hope it works

The ice americano had lot of syrup so Mr. Trainer was complaining, saying it suger Americano. 0:24 - Joo Won's (coffee) doesn't have syrup. No way.. 0:28 - Joo Won's existence itself is syrup so ~ 0:30- Owww..cheesy... What're you saying!

true he also said that joo won will go to thailand I think it is for filming or to visit

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

true he also said that joo won will go to thailand I think it is for filming or to visit

I'm excitedly waiting for @flutterby06to post her translation herself but in the meantime, just to clarify, it's not Joo Won who's going to Thailand but one of the pilates instructors who appeared in Park Jeong Sik's vlive~

Here is the proper translation: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Calli said:

I'm excitedly waiting for @flutterby06to post her translation herself but in the meantime, just to clarify, it's not Joo Won who's going to Thailand but one of the pilates instructors who appeared in Park Jeong Sik's vlive~

if I just found out I was wrong

1 hour ago, Calli said:

will you translate everything, should you? Well if that's the case since I don't understand Korean

• Like 2

On 5/28/2021 at 1:12 PM, Calli said:

Park Jeong Sik did an instagram live with Joo Won again a little while ago and while I didn't understand much, I had to laugh out loud when Joo Won said "everyone, this isn't my IG live" - I think because people kept asking questions about and to him. At one point I think he said he still enjoys eating chicken^^ There was also something about sugar or syrup when the lovely pilates ladies brought Americanos but I didn't really get that.

I'm so grateful to Joo Won's trainer for sharing these videos - it's really lovely to hear Joo Won's voice and laughter and see him healthy and well :wub:

Hi, Hope everyone is well.

Thanks @Callifor knocking me. I was planning to stop by if something related to Joo Won activities comes up. but so far no luck. But thankfully these short but very much appreciated insta live with Leaderswithus_hulk is happening with glimpse of Moon Jun Won. So happy watching those tid bits from Joo Won.

So I will try sum up what I found from today's live and put some of my commentary when I feel like a context is needed-

In first few minutes they just do regular fitness training with Joo Won. They were expecting people to be in live, mostly Joo Won fans but fans took some time to join.

01:42- (Trainer Nim)- If there's anything you're curious leave us questions.

01:46: (JW)- What kind of question...((I think he was like- what kind of question do you want them to ask!!))

01:48- (Trainer nim excitedly)- Leave questions ...

02:00 (Trainer Nim )- Ah.. question can come from international fans!! (Probably understanding that answering intl. fans might be difficult)

At 02:22 Joo Won after sanitizing his hands starts coming closer to the screen to see the live chat..

Trainer nim: Aren't you coming too close?

02:24- (JW)- I'm curious..

02:30 (Trainer)- They seem to be international fans..

(someone named Hyun Min, known to Mr. Trainer commented so he was adoringly scolding that person for skipping exercise)

JW goes back to his training.

02:55- (Trainer)- Joowonie is handsome, right?

They start counting Joo Won's cable cross training.

03:30 - (JW jokingly asked)- Aren't you going to exercise yourself?

03:35- (Trainer)- Me? (Then shows off how fit he is..)

04:15 Trainer nim was showing his arm muscles then Joo Won jokingly punched him. Both laughed and he asked Joo Won if he's going to fight with him.

4:35: (Trainer nim) - Start training quickly.. stop resting.

And our Good Boy starts listening to his trainer, starts training hard. 

05:00- Work hard.. I'm saying you to work hard. (laugh)

05:06- Focus..

05: 20-(JW) - today I'm feeling too comfortable to focus.. (laugh)   ((This line interpretation can be wrong but that's I think what I heard))

At 05:55 when Trainer nim is done with his cable cross Joo Won laughs and says something about it hurts around shoulder or something.

06:10 - (JW)- Oh- someone came. (indicating pretty female instructors)

06:27- (Trainer nim)- They're our Pilates instructors.

They says hello..  One of them says there's no comments here.. But soon the messages starts being visible.

((At 06:4* Trainer nim says something, I didn't catch it. Joo Won says something sweetly too in reply. But I'm not sure so I will not vaguely say anything. ))

The female instructors brought some coffee and cookies for four of them and starts handing those over. They talk about how there's a very disturbing amount ( disturbing specially to those who avoids excessive sugar) of syrup lying in the cup. The female instructor in handovered Joo Won's coffee asked him if he drinks only a ........ coffee (she mentioned a specific type of coffee, I didn't catch it, Let me know if you know). Joo Won asked her if it's that coffee. She replied in negative. She asks if she should bring another for him. Joo Won "No, no.. That's not it. I will drink thankfully.

(((Ah the sweet regular tone Joo Won used for her... :heart1: Please tell I'm not the only one who found that tone swoon worthy? such music to my ears...)))

And here comes an interesting part that I only caught now when I'm typing this here..

Joo Won goes back to his training. The female instructor wearing black asks him -

07:54- Why are you wearing clothes (indicating regular clothes)?  (((he's wearing heavy clothes while training isn't it very unusual!)))

The Trainer nim and Joo Won both says he can't show his body now. It's not time yet. Meaning he is intentionally wearing regular cloths so fans on live can't see his actual progress and they want to spill it when the time will come. They're keeping it a mystery until the time comes. :lol:

The ice americano had lot of syrup so Mr. Trainer was complaining, saying it sugar Americano.

08:20 -(Trainer)- Joo Won's (coffee) doesn't have syrup. No way ..

08:23 -(Female Instruction in black)- Joo Won's existence itself is syrup so ~

08:36- (Trainer)- Owww..cheesy... What're you saying!

(( He didn't actually say cheesy..more like annoying but it meant she's saying chessy things))

They all laugh and Trainer nim says he lost his will to drink coffee. :lol:

And Joo Won comes right after that looking for Thai fan... oh lucky Thai fans perks of always being active in Joo Won's event in large numbers. :transforms:

08:35-Is there no Thai fans here?

08:40-Is there no fans from Thailand? There must be some.

Trainer nim again bring back the topic of Syrup Joo Won's existence!

08:51-Syrup Joowon.

08:52- (JW)  ___ Sam is going to Thailand~ (He mentioned the name of Female instructor in black. She'll be going to Thailand. That's why she seems excited when Thai fans starts joining)

09:00-Cool! Joo Won fans are entering in live.

09:00- Oh Thai fan! There they're!

(I think by mistake they added a Thai fan to their live... ha ha..)

11:57 (reading comments) It seems Joo Wonie must really maintain his diet along with training.

11:58 (Trainer) He does a lot.

12:04 (Trainer)- Joo Won is doing fine.

12:14 (Female instructor in Black) There's a comment from Indonesia. "Oppa Say Hello."

Joo Won waves.

12:26 (reading comments) Do you still eat chicken well?

12: 30 (Joo Won) I eat chicken well.

12: 33 (Joo Won seeing all those questions at him) It's not my live... laugh... I have never done an insta live(on personal account).

12:38 -(Trainer) Really?

12:42 -(Trainer) So Joo Wonie is appearing in my live.

12: 44- (reading comments) Saraang hyeo~ (love you)

12:54- (Joo Won to fans)- This is not my live, everyone.. anyways.. somehow I'm appearing here these days.

13:05- They ask Joo won to do insta live from his own account.

13:12- (This one is happening)- on behalf of Joo Won's.. laugh..

13:17- (Joo Won to fans)- I will soon greet you. Anneyo ~

Thus Joo Won says bye and they keep reading comments and talking among themselves. A fan asked if Min Jin Woong is well.. Mr. Trainer says he does train here everyday, but he isn't here today yet.

13:45 (Female instructor says) - He's (Joo Won) popular! Must be nice.

13:48 (Trainer nim) -in my live there are mostly Joo Won fans. 

13:53-(To Trainer nim) Aren't you intentionally attracting them(Joo Won fans) ?

13:54- (Trainer nim) You're right.. I want their attention. laugh..

14: 00- (JW) Anneyo ~  Please give some attention to Jeong Sik Hyung. 

They all says Bye.

...................... End.......................

So here I'm done. I tried listening and translating. If anyone find any mistranslation you can always let me know.  Thank You.

The long amount of time he spends in Fitness Center.... So let's hope Trainer nim keeps attracting our attention with having Joo Won in his insta live. :partyblob:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@flutterby06 Thank you very much for the translation I saw a part that as you say by mistake they invited a fan I really wondered what was happening and just at that moment they took it out if it gave me a little laugh haha and I really hope that joo won appears in a Vlive haha and if I stayed like what when he said that he usually wears little clothes I really think that for the movie he is going to show good abs I am really desperate to see
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so so much for coming by @flutterby06and sharing such a detailed translation of yesterday's IG live with us. I appreciate it so much :Megathanks:

8 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Ah the sweet regular tone Joo Won used for her... :heart1: Please tell I'm not the only one who found that tone swoon worthy? such music to my ears..

You were most definitely not the only one who found Joo Won's tone here swoon worthy^^ I kept replaying that part because the sweetness and familiarity in his voice when he said he'll drink it well made me so happy :wub:

I'm a tiny bit scared about him choosing to wear heavier clothes for this live so as not to reveal too much of his body, because what does that mean exactly after what we've already seen in Alice:flushed: 

He's definitely working very hard, in typical Joo-Won fashion, giving 100% no matter what he commits himself to. If that means he's healthier and also safer during filming I'm all for it. Hopefully he's maintaining a good balance too though allowing his body to rest enough... I'm sure he is~ 

Joo Won's Thai fans must be really special to him. How lovely that he acknowledged them that way. 

I would have loved to ask a few questions myself but sadly I missed the live by a few minutes... the notification came a little too late :( Maybe next time! Or, maybe we'll get really lucky and Joo Won's "soon" is actually soon and he'll do some sort of live himself~

Thanks again dear @flutterby06for dropping by and sharing your translation :7555_attack:

9 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

will you translate everything, should you?

Sadly @Andrea BalcazarI can't translate much myself. I've been supposedly "studying" Korean for the past 2 years but I still only catch some words here and there. I hope you'll be much more successful in your Korean studies~ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Calli said:

Sadly @Andrea BalcazarI can't translate much myself. I've been supposedly "studying" Korean for the past 2 years but I still only catch some words here and there. I hope you'll be much more successful in your Korean studies~ 

I will try to do my best I hope it is not so difficult for now I catch some words but typing if it is complicated by hand I think it is easier from what I have seen
changing the subject I don't know if I'm the only one who notices that joo won changes his appearance in each drama since his face does not look the same as before now I thought he looks much better and I bet I have seen quite a few people said they have seen joo won up close and they say that it is the actor who looks really very different from the screen what they have seen the real thing he said that his face is very beautiful and I think if I am right

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

@flutterby06 Thank you very much for the translation I saw a part that as you say by mistake they invited a fan I really wondered what was happening and just at that moment they took it out if it gave me a little laugh haha and I really hope that joo won appears in a Vlive haha and if I stayed like what when he said that he usually wears little clothes I really think that for the movie he is going to show good abs I am really desperate to see

You're welcome.. And nice to meet a new Joo Won fan in soompi thread. Hello. :)

5 hours ago, Calli said:

You were most definitely not the only one who found Joo Won's tone here swoon worthy^^ I kept replaying that part because the sweetness and familiarity in his voice when he said he'll drink it well made me so happy :wub:

I'm a tiny bit scared about him choosing to wear heavier clothes for this live so as not to reveal too much of his body, because what does that mean exactly after what we've already seen in Alice:flushed:

Oh the voice... why so sweet.. How so sweet? :fullofhearts:

And I don't know what Mr. Hulk is doing with Our Joo Won's Training! How much more fit and abs can he get!! :crazymad:

5 hours ago, Calli said:

Thanks again dear @flutterby06for dropping by and sharing your translation 

What is fangirling without sharing :heartxoxo: 

5 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:
5 hours ago, Calli said:

I will try to do my best I hope it is not so difficult for now I catch some words but typing if it is complicated by hand I think it is easier from what I have seen

Speaking of learning a new language.. I love the idea so much.. But it's really tough to continue when you don't have anyone to practice communication skills with. From my personal experience I studied learning Japanese 5 years ago. Their basic level is level 5 also known as N5. But soon lost my touch because I don't communicate very well, not the chatty type. @Andrea Balcazar all the best. Hope you can keep going. I would recommend lots of listening and speaking if possible.

On 5/27/2021 at 10:35 PM, kittyna said:

Cute throwback to an interview Moon Chae Won did in 2014 about Good Doctor.

(And a pic from my Pinterest just because :P)

Like this interview.. I knew Joo Won had a lot of ad-libs in Good Doctor, good to know same with Moon Chae Won. It shows that they were really immersed in their role and felt connection with it. An important aspect of Good Doctor is that as a story it is so heartwarming and touch complicated topic like autism and lack of interest and focus on easy access to child care; both Moon Chae Won and Joo Won addressed this focusing side of the drama when receiving the award. They were not only proud that they did a good job with respective character but also how they're part of this drama that is addressing important and overlooked aspects in health care.

When Moon Chae Won was asked which was her most memorable scene she mentioned the scene where Shi On sings If I were for Cha Yoon Seo.. Usually actors mentions scene where they made a great impression but the fact that MCW picked that scene shows how she she felt attached with the story like any viewers would.

Oh and the pole is going on.. In female co-stars portion I voted for whole lot of people because I really liked many of his leading ladies. But I wanted to point out my most favorite used to be Joo Won Moon Chae Won chemistry until I watched Ojakgyo Brothers.  And I watched OB in 2017 after/before My Sassy Girl.

uee-joowon-1.jpg

If I really have to pick only one actress I would like Joo Won to reunite in a project it will be Uee. I don't usually ship celebrities until they are actually dating for real real. ( I learned my lesson.... with good chemistry many celebrities look shippable but I shipping drama couple real life too much spoils the mood for next drama when previous shippers starts their comparison and everything) I'm usually just happy to see on and off screen chemistry and when I love it I really want to see them working together again. But when I watched OB I understood why viewers specifically wanted Joo Won Uee to date. They played such a adorable sweet and sorrowful love story and the fact that they're university Senior- Junior makes in real life makes it more charming. :wub:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

changing the subject I don't know if I'm the only one who notices that joo won changes his appearance in each drama since his face does not look the same as before now I thought he looks much better and I bet I have seen quite a few people said they have seen joo won up close and they say that it is the actor who looks really very different from the screen what they have seen the real thing he said that his face is very beautiful and I think if I am right

6 hours ago, Calli said:

He's definitely working very hard, in typical Joo-Won fashion, giving 100% no matter what he commits himself to. If that means he's healthier and also safer during filming I'm all for it. Hopefully he's maintaining a good balance too though allowing his body to rest enough... I'm sure he is~ 

JW has a very distinctive face shape that allows him to look drastically different depending on the camera angle, lighting, his hairstyle, etc. It's almost surreal, actually: sometimes, people will wonder whether he had gotten plastic surgery done between two roles, but then, he'll end up appearing from an angle that looks exactly like his old face and it's like, "Nope - still the same JW." :P 

That said, I remember seeing someone say once in this forum (I think it was @airplanegirl, way back when) that a number of theatre actors will do something to change their appearance as they wrap up one role and start preparing for the next. So, for instance, they might cut or dye their hair, or start dressing differently, etc. - it's a way to bid farewell to one character so that they could approach the next one with a clean slate. And given the extent to which JW went to the gym after his enlistment, and now after Alice, I wonder if exercising also plays that role for him, psychologically.

It could also be that he's simply getting himself prepped to start filming Carter and he just wants to hold off until he's got the finished "look" before showing fans. As you guys have pointed out, JW takes his craft seriously (I suspect he may have something of a method actor lurking deep inside of him ;)), but that can also mean a reluctance to show the work-in-progress.

Honestly, the only time I personally got to see JW as a "work-in-progress" between two roles was the whole spring/summer of 2014 (i.e. the same time that Life Log was filmed): he started off looking like his usual self, but by the time fall came around, he was literally "Cha Yoo Jin" in all of his public appearances regardless of what the context was.

15 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

The ice americano had lot of syrup so Mr. Trainer was complaining, saying it sugar Americano.

08:20 -(Trainer)- Joo Won's (coffee) doesn't have syrup. No way..

08:23 -(Female Instruction in black)- Joo Won's existence itself is syrup so ~

08:36- (Trainer)- Owww..cheesy... What're you saying! ( He didn't actually say cheesy..more like annoying but it meant she's saying chessy things)

:loolz: Oh, wow - that is  cheesy, but they're not wrong! :smort:

Cute fanart of JW with his trainer - Not based off this IG Live, but an earlier video.

9 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

But when I watched OB I understood why viewers specifically wanted Joo Won Uee to date. They played such a adorable sweet and sorrowful love story and the fact that they're university Senior- Junior makes in real life makes it more charming.

Yeah, they were really sweet together, but probably more in a sunbae-hoobae or even BFFs way than as a couple. Maybe it's because I came at Ojakgyo Brothers so late (even later than you), so I knew right off the bat that JW and UEE didn't end up dating or anything. So I just wound up seeing them as really close friends, and it was just so fluffy and adorable :fullofhearts:

10 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Oh and the pole is going on.. In female co-stars portion I voted for whole lot of people because I really liked many of his leading ladies. But I wanted to point out my most favorite used to be Joo Won Moon Chae Won chemistry until I watched Ojakgyo Brothers.  

As for Good Doctor, I actually got a strong literal noona-dongsaeng vibe from Moon Chae Won and JW. Maybe it's because, with their names, they really could pass for siblings if they wanted to (:P) but that is the vibe I got.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

Be sure you're not the only one. Joo Won specially makes an effort to look and feel different for each of his character. And many of his views and fans noted it. I'm glad you feel same too. :eats:

If you see closely you'll find Joo Won changes his get up, dress up, hair, gesture and often times his speaking tone for his acting,. That makes the character he plays more alive. That's why people say when they see Joo Won's acting they see the character rather than Joo Won. He makes the character his own by giving it a personal and professional touch. 

And I sometimes feel sad when I see a decent actor in my book will keep his hair+Outfit style unchanging for two/three projects. Sometimes I starts being critical on my sub conscious mind right away but these days I also try to remind myself that that's one of multiple reason why Joo Won's acting attract me so very much enough to make me an active fan for him.

• Like 3

@flutterby06I totally believe that joo won has always been the best actor who strives to take his work seriously so I decided to follow him and really up to now I can't find to see why joo won doesn't have a lot of fans like other actors and for me obviously joo won is the one Better and what should you have, I have never seen an actor who even changed, as I said, his face, his hairstyle and his voice in his dramas, he has really surprised me at all with his acting, even if the script of the drama seems boring to me, I still tend to see that drama as Joo Won said he wants to be an actor who smells like human and that people trust, that's why I think he always has very good grades getting up to 20%
a great way for his popularity to rise can be a great help if joo won does a serious romance drama it would be very good most people like that kind of drama

• Like 3

8 hours ago, kittyna said:

JW has a very distinctive face shape that allows him to look drastically different depending on the camera angle, lighting, his hairstyle, etc. It's almost surreal, actually: sometimes, people will wonder whether he had gotten plastic surgery done between two roles, but then, he'll end up appearing from an angle that looks exactly like his old face and it's like, "Nope - still the same JW." :P 

Can't but laugh and agree with this. :getmygrooveon:

8 hours ago, kittyna said:

As for Good Doctor, I actually got a strong literal noona-dongsaeng vibe from Moon Chae Won and JW. Maybe it's because, with their names, they really could pass for siblings if they wanted to (:P) but that is the vibe I got.

Just to be clear when I am talking about voting for a lot of Joo Won female co stars for their chemistry with Joo Won I'm focusing mostly on professional chemistry they've on and off screen. Personally I enjoyed Joo Won's chemistry in general with many people just because how natural they interact on and off screen and make the dramas beautiful. I loved his chemistry with Eugene, Uee, Moon Chae Won, Shim Eun Kyung, Kim Tae Hee, Kim Ah Joong, Oh Yeon Seo, Kim Hee Sun. I didn't think he had much off screen chemistry with Jin Se Yeon and Lee Da In but they definitely had character chemistry in drama meaning I was rooting for them, specially Park Jin Gyeom and Kim Do Yeon's chemistry.. as much as I didn't want to ship this two friend because to me the story screamed melodrama, but beautiful bitter sweet portrayal of their character made me root for them. On the other hand I really didn't find any character chemistry between Gil Ro and Seo Won in 7th Grade(tbh I didn't think any character in L7CS had chemistry!!) , but watching Joo Won interacting with Choi Kang Hee in 2D1N made me feel like they have very comfortable friendship among them and it showed off screen very much.

I got siblings chemistry vibe from Joo Won and Moon Chae Won too.. And I think Joo Won and Moon Chae Won seemed a bit out of place when people asked them if there's any possible romantic interest between them.. I heard one of the major fact behind this could be Joo Won and Chae Won both being Part of Moon Clan. Moons are considered having same root or something like that which in way made them cousins.

But I really love their pure, heart warming and healing love chemistry in Good Doctor. I saw many have regret about Good Doctor for two reason-

1) Their romantic relationship isn't realistic. They could've skipped the romance.

2) There's not enough romance that they usually like to see in romance genre.  

My reaction to those two points are-

1) It wasn't realistic. But it isn't unwelcomed because it is a dreamy relationship. In a realistic, judgmental world they tried to be true to their feelings. And I loved it.

2) I actually don't care if a romantic drama has steamy kiss scene or not. I am more invested in story than unique kiss scene. (I also don't like the idea how kdrama sometimes compete among themselves to have more unique kiss scene.. and while competing some of those productions come up with most ridiculous scenes!) Good Doctor itself has one of the most heart warming, pure form of skinship from Park Shion. I adore those.

Also the short imaginary scene Shi On thinks when he is singing 'If I were' is has enough cuteness and melo to fill my hopeless romantic heart. May be both of them ended up having the same imagination not just Shion.

Some of the co-actresses specifically have friendly vibe with Joo Won in my opinion are- Shim Eun Kyung and Oh Yeon Seo. They literary were acting like friends in behind the scenes. Oh Yeon Seo and Joo Won being the same age, I think it was easier for the to be comfortable quickly and Oh Yeon Seo had fun teasing Joo Won on his upcoming military enlistment then. And Shim Eun Kyung and Joo Won tho senior-junior probably shared the same silly and goofy brain cells that it didn't take them much time to click. Age gap didn't have any effect on them being adorably silly in front of camera.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

And I don't know what Mr. Hulk is doing with Our Joo Won's Training! How much more fit and abs can he get!! 

This, dear @flutterby06. I wasn't kidding when I said I was scared^^

But I wanted to point out my most favorite used to be Joo Won Moon Chae Won chemistry until I watched Ojakgyo Brothers.

I'm currently watching Baker King but right after I am planning to watch Ojakgyo Brothers. From what I've read so far (also on old posts in this forum) many of Joo Won's early fans fell for him through the role of Hwang Taehee and I really really can't wait to meet him. Though at the moment I'm still excited to meet Joo Won as Gu Majun. I'm at episode 6 and beyond the opening credits no sight yet of our lovely Joo Won :lol: I know though that with episode 7 my wait will be over.

6 hours ago, kittyna said:

(I suspect he may have something of a method actor lurking deep inside of him ;))

You only suspect @kittyna? I don't know what he's been taught at university of course but to be honest I assumed he's a method actor based on his acting and the way he becomes the characters he plays... and a little bit based on his admiration for Robert De Niro^^ His preparation for certain roles (like for Park Shi On or Cha Yoo Jin or Jang Woo in It's Him) kinda implied a method approach to me...

If you see closely you'll find Joo Won changes his get up, dress up, hair, gesture and often times his speaking tone for his acting,. That makes the character he plays more alive. That's why people say when they see Joo Won's acting they see the character rather than Joo Won.

For sure. My feelings exactly. I've already described this before but especially the way Joo Won can change the tone of his voice blew me away completely at the beginning - and it still does. I remember when going from Good Doctor to Alice, I kept rewinding Joo Won's first scenes as Park Jin Gyeom because he sounded so different and (obviously) moved so differently and he just seemed like a whole different person to me. And then, for my 3rd Joo Won drama, Naeil's Cantabile, I actually didn't realize that Joo Won was the one doing the narration in the opening of the first episode :sweat_smile: He just sounded like someone else completely to me, again. I find that he has that versatility when he sings as well.

He's truly a chameleon. An outstandingly gifted actor and I can't wait what other characters he has in store for us.

• Like 3

I do not know if you agree with me but the fans that are here of Joo Won I propose that when Carter is released, promote his film on several Facebook sites and recommend it so that people have time to see the film if we do not promote it. very unlikely that the film will be forgotten

• Like 2