Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

10 hours ago, kittyna said:

Moral of the story: if you still want to believe in Santa Claus, don't ask Park Si On about the science behind his trek 

Lol, he literally put an image of Santa Claus melting or liquefied due to the speed at which he travels. By the way, I am curious from where did you get  or rather  how did you calculate the speed with which Santa should travel in order to cover the earth :smiley: You know, cause the speed is 10 times faster than sound :scream: and I read is it somewhere that speed required to travel around the world in one day is 1,669 per hour(Yes, I am aware that Santa needs to drink the milk, eat the cookies that has been placed for him and check the list for the naughty kids before placing the present but 3,367 per second seems to be overkill, can we at  least bring it down to at least 2500 km/hr it is still approximately 3 time the speed of sound) . Sorry for nitpicking I was just curious and the speed seemed exaggerating and it felt like it is impossible even for Santa to pull it off :sweat_smile: I know that I was the one who forced your hand to reveal the reason behind why Si-On should not be the one to be talking about or explaining about fairy tales to kids and here I am nitpicking the details :sweat_smile:

10 hours ago, kittyna said:

ic as a whole, here you go. Just a quick note on context: Si On and Yoon Seo are already back in their office/common room at this point, so no kids are around

It almost felt like the scene from the drama where they discuss about the Heave and consequently come to the "Heaven's Door" conclusion. But this one is a bit darker :sweat_smile:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kireeti2 said:

Lol, he literally put an image of Santa Claus melting or liquefied due to the speed at which he travels. By the way, I am curious from where did you get  or rather  how did you calculate the speed with which Santa should travel in order to cover the earth

Oh, I didn't do the math myself (I generally suck at the subject, so....), but I do want to hold off on revealing my actual source until the finished fic, since it's a got a fun not-Good-Doctor-related bonus ;) 

I know that I was the one who forced your hand to reveal the reason behind why Si-On should not be the one to be talking about or explaining about fairy tales to kids and here I am nitpicking the details

Don't worry about "forcing my hand" - I came across those numbers by myself and actually wrote the entire scene with this conclusion in mind :P 

But, hey, at least Park Si On now recognizes that he should keep these explanations for adults only :lol: I'm not sure how well it'd help Cha Yoon Seo sleep at night now, but...points for effort.

Switching gears for a bit, here's some cute Park Jin Gyeom fanart. Okay, so it's technically JW, since the reference photo is from behind-the-scenes, but still :P 

Spoiler

Speaking of Alice, it's recently come to my attention that prior to starring in Alice, Kwak Si Yang actually played a police detective in Welcome 2 Life, which is yet another drama about parallel universes, alternate realities, etc. The reason why I'm bringing this up is I happened to catch a glimpse of what he looked like in-character, and....

bc794dd6e0b0487188ca5c20c4a36ec5.jpeg?s=

Ya...talk about a "family resemblance". Clearly, the Alice casting crew was on to something :glasses:

JW's agency seems to be teasing some sort of Christmas greeting - Do you guys think that's JW they're keeping under wraps?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kittyna said:

I'm not sure how well it'd help Cha Yoon Seo sleep at night now,

I think she will sleep just fine because Si-On is going to make-up for his mistake by dancing for her or making her laugh with his actions which are supposed to be his way of apologizing but ends up like an act of comedy or he will search something on internet,  there are so many possibilities  :lol:

The reason why I'm bringing this up is I happened to catch a glimpse of what he looked like in-character, and...

From this angle he looks like Park Jin Gyeom, casting team did an excellent job

I really don't have any artistic sense, by in this art he looks like an alien to me:sweat_smile: but kudos to the artist for her/his creativity :smile:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

From this angle he looks like Park Jin Gyeom, casting team did an excellent job

Not to mention the stylist team in both productions (Welcome 2 Life and Alice). I do get that part of it is the standard costuming for detective characters in K-dramas in general, but with some individual clothing items that really do look like Jin Gyeom's, it all adds up to something that, after watching Alice, feels rather bizarrely like yet another alternative reality - albeit by pure coincidence. Like, for example, if someone were to make the argument of Yoo Min Hyuk being a cop in the post-reset world in Alice's finale, this is what I'd imagine he'd look like ;) 

9 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I really don't have any artistic sense, by in this art he looks like an alien to me:sweat_smile: but kudos to the artist for her/his creativity

Okay, to be fair, JW sometimes ends up looking like an alien, period :lol: But I get you. Personally, I prefer JW fanart that's in a cute or chibi style, but I also just generally like seeing what artists come up with.

Behind-the-scenes shots from JW's DAZED photo shoot

Quick Alice fanart

Finally, you guys remember this cute puppy?

42-%EC%BB%B7.jpg?type=w1200

Well, JW's agency made something of an appreciation post for it.

And, at least for now, it looks like the SBS Drama Awards are still on. Mind you, I think it's still liable to change - since illness has no calendar and Korea's definitely in its worst COVID-19 wave to date right now (c. 1,000 cases a day) - but for now, it's happening. My hope is that they have some sort of contingency plan that allows awards to be given remotely (rather than the unspoken rule that you can't get an award if you don't show up), though: because I do think that it might be in JW and the Ghost team's best interests if he doesn't go in person.

• Like 2

So right now, I'm still waiting on updates re: SBS's Drama Awards: regardless of whether it happens in person or virtually, I am eagerly anticipating the official nominations list once it comes out.

However, in the meantime, I actually want to revisit something that @kireeti2, @flutterby06 and I did together back in the fall: sorting JW drama characters into Hogwarts Houses.

(In case anyone needs a refresher, here are the lists we each put together at the time: kireeti2'sflutterby06's, and mine.)

Basically, I stumbled across a series of videos on YouTube that really explained and analyzed all four houses in detail (shown in "Spoilers" below for your reference and viewing pleasure), and after working my way through them, I wound up rethinking some of the characters in my own list, as well as mentally sorting some of the second lead/supporting characters I hadn't had good answers for before.

Spoiler

So, without further ado, my updated Sorting Hat Challenge list (asterisks next to changes, new additions, etc)!

Gryffindor 

*Baek Ja Eun (she's got a certain spunk to her personality that I hadn't accounted for the first time)

Oh Mok Dan

*Han Gil Ro

Cha Yoon Seo

Hye Myung

Park Jin Gyeom (the good one)

Kim Do Yeon

Hufflepuff 

Kim Tak Gu

*Yang Mi Sun (no wonder she and Tak Gu completely hit it off by the end ;))

*Hwang Tae Hui (lol - you guys converted me :P. You were right in saying this was more in line with his personality and values.)

*Kimura Shunji (going with this explanation I had earlier, where the Hat wanted to put him in Slytherin but he refused - which is why, when he does go dark, it's a huge general "What the ****???" moment)

Park Si On (can we just say that he is pretty much the poster child for this house?)

Seol Nae Il (albeit with strong Ravenclaw undertones - she'd be like the Hufflepuff version of Luna Lovegood ;))

*Lee Yoon Hoo (he's a tough one to pin down, to be honest, but his desire to break away from an uber-competitive world to a simpler and kinder one really resonates here)

*Kim Tae Hyun (even though his choices aren't always in line with the law or societal views of right/wrong, he's definitely got a strong set moral values that informs just about everything he does)

*Kang Joon Young (he's a warrior, but above all else, he's an honourable one)

Yoon Tae Yi (2050)/Park Sun Young

Ravenclaw 

*Kim Seo Won (moving her here for her resourcefulness and quick wits)

*Kim Do Han

Cha Yoo Jin (probably with Hufflepuff undertones - in contrast with his father, who I envision would either be Ravenclaw with Slytherin undertones...or just plain Slytherin :P Hm...another black sheep scenario, perhaps?)

Gyun Woo

Yoon Tae Yi (2020)

*Yoo Min Hyuk (with strong Hufflepuff undertones on account of his principles)

Slytherin 

Gu Ma Jun

Shin Yu Kyung 

Lee Kang To

*Chae Do Kyung

Han Yeo Jin 

*Han Do Joon (he'd be a crap one, to be honest, but I can see him being sorted here due to the family legacy and his own ambition)

*Lee Chae Young

*Jung Da Yeon

Some general observations:

• This turned out looking almost like a composite list, as I think it resolves a number of points where my previous version differed from the others'.
  • Considering just how many Slytherins are in the Han household...I kinda feel sorry for Kim Tae Hyun now :P He's got his work cut out for him, that's for sure
  • Actually, come to think of it, there are a ton of crazy character dynamics hidden underneath the surface here - not just with the Yong Pal characters
  • Most challenging character to sort: Seol Nae Il. I was constantly flipping back and forth between Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff this time around, and I still think she would be equally happy in either house.
  • I'm still kinda kicking myself for not really being able to think of a "good" Slytherin character - help???
  • Finally, last but not least, I'm starting to think that our JW is a Hufflepuff. Thoughts?
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1

34 minutes ago, kittyna said:

I'm still kinda kicking myself for not really being able to think of a "good" Slytherin character - help???

How about Detective Go from "Alice"? His character was similar to the that of Prof. Severus Snape, minus the cold treatment towards the protagonist

36 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Finally, last but not least, I'm starting to think that our JW is a Hufflepuff. Thoughts?

Yup, I second your choice. Joo won does fit Hufflepuff House  and just like the House, he is also sort of underrated actor.

38 minutes ago, kittyna said:

*Kim Do Han

In my opinion, I would keep him in Slytherin House, given that how harsh he can be when he doesn't approve someone and can even get physical when he is not able to control his angry and top of that he does have rich family background to get into Slytherin

42 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Actually, come to think of it, there are a ton of crazy character dynamics hidden underneath the surface here - not just with the Yong Pal characters

That's the reason why Yong Pal was such a hit drama. Due to it's crazy characters and their dynamics. You can find lot of similarities with current drama "Pent House"(SBS), it managed to achieve second highest ratings after Dr.Romantic and it also has chance to get above 30% ratings if it continues same fast phase story line with twist and turns

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

How about Detective Go from "Alice"? His character was similar to the that of Prof. Severus Snape, minus the cold treatment towards the protagonist

Hm...that's one I would never have thought of, to be honest - mostly because, as you've pointed out, Captain Go is also a very warm and friendly person. Plus, I personally doubt a Slytherin would balk at a kill order (i.e. Park Sun Young) just because he feels bad that she's also a mother - because he knows her, maybe; for the sake of his wife's safety, definitely; but not in the way that events actually play out in the drama.

My focus this time around was on first/second leads, so I haven't given more clearly supporting characters much thought yet. However, if I were to think on that...I personally am leaning more towards Go Ahjussi as a Gryffindor or Hufflepuff (lol - complete opposite from where this started), but I'd also love to hear what @flutterby06 thinks on this.

(By the way, since we're on the subject, his wife's a definite Hufflepuff regardless.)

And, if we are including more supporting roles, then a possible candidate for a good/light Slytherin would be either Hwang Tae Beom or Hwang Tae Pil (or both). Somehow, I imagine that a good Slytherin would be something of a trickster: good at heart, but just a bit mischievous and chaotic, and I see that being true for either of those brothers :P 

8 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

In my opinion, I would keep him in Slytherin House, given that how harsh he can be when he doesn't approve someone and can even get physical when he is not able to control his angry and top of that he does have rich family background to get into Slytherin

Okay, this one makes more sense to me personally than Go Ahjussi ;) It didn't cross my mind at first to sort Kim Do Han into Slytherin, but I can definitely see your logic here. He does have the slight elitist attitude (I say "slight" because in the grand scheme of things, he's tame compared to a number of other high-ranking doctors in that hospital :P), and he's definitely big on the "tough love" approach for training his hoobaes (like, the simulated surgery exercises he does with Si On where everything that can go wrong does go wrong...dang!).

However, while Do Han does carry Slytherin's Machiavellian tendencies, he lacks the willingness to do anything (even unethical stuff) to achieve his goals that's also strongly associated with that house. So I feel like if the Sorting Hat were to try to put him there, he'd push back - and who knows how that set of negotiations will go. Again, @flutterby06, what do you think?

This does make me wonder about several other characters from Good Doctor, though - like Director Choi, Yoo Chae Kyung, the rest of the pediatrics team, etc. What do you guys think?

• Like 2

Save the date: JW will do a broadcast on VLive on December 24:Pandabulous:

In the meantime, with just under a week to go until Christmas, I'm curious: with the exceptions of My Sassy Girl and Gaksital (since Christmas wasn't a thing in Korea historically), what would our main JW drama guys and girls give each other for Christmas?

:Viki-Soompi-Winter-Gift-Emoji: :Viki-Soompi-Winter-Tree-Emoji::Viki-Soompi-Winter-Gift-Emoji:

No need to answer for everyone if you're not sure - I'm just curious.

• Like 2

Okay, so my last question/prompt didn't seem to have any takers :sweat_smile: That's okay - I was rather stuck for responses, too.

Work is still progressing on this year's Christmas Special, so be sure to stay tuned for that! :) In the meantime, since today is the Winter Solstice where I am (i.e. in the northern hemisphere), I decided to put together a quick Round Two of my Winter-themed Scattergories:

Spoiler

Scattergories: Snowy Winter Edition (Round Two)

There's really only one rule: for each prompt, just say which JW drama character comes first to mind.

As always, repeats are allowed; and, as always, pay attention for if I'm asking for a guy, a girl, or a couple

Good luck - and have fun! :Pandabulous:

1. The JW drama girl most likely to say winter is her favourite season (Bonus question: why is it her favourite?)

2. Conversely, the JW drama girl most likely to hate the cold weather (Bonus question: why?)

3. The JW drama couple most likely to spend an afternoon building a snowman (Bonus question: whose scarf will they use?)

4. The JW drama guy most likely to enjoy a Starbucks holiday specialty drink. (Bonus question: would he pick a coffee, tea, or chocolate-based drink?)

5. The JW drama girl most likely to have a massive collection of cute winter accessories (hats, scarves, mittens, etc.)

6. The JW drama couple most likely to travel to someplace tropical during the winter (Bonus question: where would they go?)

7. The JW drama couple most likely to constantly bicker over how high the thermostat should go because one hates being too cold and the other hates being too hot (Bonus question: which is which?)

8. The JW drama guy most likely to get overly/unnecessarily concerned about whether his girlfriend/partner is dressed warmly enough (i.e. she's actually perfectly comfortable, but he's still making a fuss :P)

9. The JW drama girl who'd already start preparing for Christmas when it's still November

10. The JW drama guy most likely to enjoy going out for a long solo walk when it's snowing outside

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

Okay, so my last question/prompt didn't seem to have any takers :sweat_smile: That's okay - I was rather stuck for responses, too.

Yeah, about the answers for your question, I had to do a research about the importance of Christmas in Korea, since the dramas you have chosen are sort of tricky to answer. Like, you have already mentioned Christmas was not celebrated during until 18th century and Christmas was banned under Japanese occupation of Korea. So, I doubt either of the leads or side characters know about the Christmas from these two dramas let alone celebrate or exchange gifts on Christmas Eve

1. The JW drama girl most likely to say winter is her favourite season (Bonus question: why is it her favourite?)

Nae-il, I am choosing her because I am assuming that Nae-Il and Cha Yoo Jin will be spending most of their time in Europe and Christmas is major festival in this region. Even though Nae-Il  sort of celebrated Christmas back in Korea, but in Europe it is celebrated in a grand way which makes Winter as Nae-Il favorite season. And also, she would get to spend lot of time with Cha Yoo Jin and share a blank with him because of unprecedented dropping temperatures(As you guys can realize from reading my response, that I have initially though that it was "Why Christmas as her favorite" instead of "Winter":sweat_smile:)

2. Conversely, the JW drama girl most likely to hate the cold weather (Bonus question: why?)

Mok Dan: Same reason as I have given for Lee Kang To. Like, in winter her people would have shortage of blankets and her whole country is under colonization sort of makes things difficult in the seasons like winter, where it is hard to find work, which makes the underprivileged hard to gain access to food and warm clothing.

3. The JW drama couple most likely to spend an afternoon building a snowman (Bonus question: whose scarf will they use?)

Well, I am going with the an unconventional answer. I would choose Yoon Tae-Yi/Park Jin-Gyeom/Kim Do Yeon. I know couple means two, but these three have this incredible chemistry that it makes me feel like these three as two. Like, Park Jin Gyeom is almost invisible whenever these three meet for any task. So, these three would make two snowman and ask Park Jin-Gyeom to tie a scarf  to a snowman which he thinks is the best. So, in the end Park Jin-Gyeom would eventually choose Kim Do-Yeon's snowman for the reason that Yoon Tae-Yi lacks artistic skills and Kim Do Yeon is making snowman since she was a teenager (and why my answer feels like a  fan fiction :sweat_smile:) P.S Park Jin-Gyeom is going use his mother's scarf from the past which should cool Yoon Tae-Yi for not choosing hers

4. The JW drama guy most likely to enjoy a Starbucks holiday specialty drink. (Bonus question: would he pick a coffee, tea, or chocolate-based drink?)

Park Si-On, as we know he has  knack for trying new food and come to think of it we does eats lot of food for a guy who says "I can live on Kimbap" . And he would probably choose Chocolate-based drink

5. The JW drama girl most likely to have a massive collection of cute winter accessories (hats, scarves, mittens, etc.)

Baek Ja-Eun, she probably make this massive collection herself rather than buying it and I think the reason for these collection is because her family has three kids and need lot of winter wear to keep them warm

6. The JW drama couple most likely to travel to someplace tropical during the winter (Bonus question: where would they go?)

Han Gil-Ro and Kim Seo Won, I think these two would deliberately choose an assignment in tropical region, so that can have a good time. I think they would most probably go to Indonesia or Hawaii

7. The JW drama couple most likely to constantly bicker over how high the thermostat should go because one hates being too cold and the other hates being too hot (Bonus question: which is which?)

Han Gil-Ro and Kim Seo-Won, Kim Seo-Won wants the temperature to be at optimum that is not too hot and Han Gil Ro hates even a bit of cold

8. The JW drama guy most likely to get overly/unnecessarily concerned about whether his girlfriend/partner is dressed warmly enough (i.e. she's actually perfectly comfortable, but he's still making a fuss :P)

Nae-Il and Cha Yoo-Jin or Han Yeo-Jin and Kim Tae Hyun. So, it is self-explanatory for the former choice, but the latter one needs a bit explanation, since Han Yeon-Jin went through a difficult surgical procedure and her immune system can take a hit even if she gets flu, which makes Kim Tae-Hyun 24*7 job to look after her and see whether she is wearing warm clothes or not and will not nagging until she is dressed properly, and on top of that he will make his body guard to run from pillar to post to bring more warm clothing for Han Yeo-Jin

9. The JW drama girl who'd already start preparing for Christmas when it's still November

Nae-il, I can't think of any explanation

10. The JW drama guy most likely to enjoy going out for a long solo walk when it's snowing outside

Park Jin-Gyeom.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

Yeah, about the answers for your question, I had to do a research about the importance of Christmas in Korea, since the dramas you have chosen are sort of tricky to answer. Like, you have already mentioned Christmas was not celebrated during until 18th century and Christmas was banned under Japanese occupation of Korea. So, I doubt either of the leads or side characters know about the Christmas from these two dramas let alone celebrate or exchange gifts on Christmas Eve

Ah - I meant except for those two, but that makes sense. Maybe I didn't phrase it clearly enough :P 

So far, I'm not sure for some of the couples, but there are a few I'd have reasonable guesses for:

Hwang Tae Hui + Baek Ja Eun - Ja Eun would most likely make something for Tae Hui that's both cute/sentimental and useful: a custom-designed phone holder/ring or something like that. Not sure about what Tae Hui would give her, though.

Han Gil Ro + Kim Seo Won - Gil Ro would probably give Seo Won some sort of electronic or high-tech device, since he generally prefers using those himself and she doesn't have many. As for Seo Won...I think Gil Ro would want her to give him something to add to his Gundam collection (:P), but she'd actually give a more practical gift instead.

Park Si On + Cha Yoon Seo - You'd know from my fics that I'm pretty big on the sentimental gifts for this pair. Mostly, it's because I think Si On would struggle to express his feelings for Yoon Seo verbally, so he'd resort to some sort of small, heartfelt present. I could also see both of them being open to gifts that involve some sort of inside joke relating to medicine ;) 

Cha Yoo Jin + Seol Nae Il - Obviously, both are open to music-related stuff :P But aside from that...I think they're both people who value the thought behind the present more than what the actual thing is itself. So, for instance, in Seolleim in Salzburg, there's a running reference to a necklace that I imagine Yoo Jin gave Nae Il for Christmas, and it's something she's worn in all her performances since.

Hope that clears things up - any thoughts on these or other couples?

Moving on to reactions to your Scattergories responses :) 

And also, she would get to spend lot of time with Cha Yoo Jin and share a blank with him because of unprecedented dropping temperatures

lol - Okay, now you're just giving me ideas :P 

Well, I am going with the an unconventional answer. I would choose Yoon Tae-Yi/Park Jin-Gyeom/Kim Do Yeon. I know couple means two, but these three have this incredible chemistry that it makes me feel like these three as two. Like, Park Jin Gyeom is almost invisible whenever these three meet for any task. So, these three would make two snowman and ask Park Jin-Gyeom to tie a scarf  to a snowman which he thinks is the best. So, in the end Park Jin-Gyeom would eventually choose Kim Do-Yeon's snowman for the reason that Yoon Tae-Yi lacks artistic skills and Kim Do Yeon is making snowman since she was a teenager (and why my answer feels like a  fan fiction :sweat_smile:) P.S Park Jin-Gyeom is going use his mother's scarf from the past which should cool Yoon Tae-Yi for not choosing hers

I gotta say it: this scenario is so freaking CUTE!!! :fullofhearts:

Baek Ja-Eun, she probably make this massive collection herself rather than buying it and I think the reason for these collection is because her family has three kids and need lot of winter wear to keep them warm

It took me a moment to figure out what you meant by "three kids", but now I'm just melting at the cuteness :) Yes, Ja Eun would be an awesome aunt, wouldn't she?

the latter one needs a bit explanation, since Han Yeon-Jin went through a difficult surgical procedure and her immune system can take a hit even if she gets flu, which makes Kim Tae-Hyun 24*7 job to look after her and see whether she is wearing warm clothes or not and will not nagging until she is dressed properly, and on top of that he will make his body guard to run from pillar to post to bring more warm clothing for Han Yeo-Jin

:loolz: Poor Sang Chul! Between Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin, he's just gonna end up running around in circles, isn't he :P 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Ah - I meant except for those two, but that makes sense. Maybe I didn't phrase it clearly enough

Yeah, my bad. I missed the word "exception". I need to stop assuming things without reading the whole sentence:sweat_smile:And also, I knew something was wrong, like, I was thinking why would you ask about Christmas gift for these two dramas specifically. I will answer this question after your replies for this scattegories

28 minutes ago, kittyna said:

gotta say it: this scenario is so freaking CUTE!!! 

For park Jim gyeom it's like walking on egg shells

On 12/20/2020 at 6:32 PM, kittyna said:

In the meantime, with just under a week to go until Christmas, I'm curious: with the exceptions of My Sassy Girl and Gaksital (since Christmas wasn't a thing in Korea historically), what would our main JW drama guys and girls give each other for Christmas?

Now that I have read the question clearly, here's my answer

Si-On and Cha Yoon seo -  Si-On probably gift her sweater and glows or somthing fancy like locket or couple rings(which he will pick it up from internet, which is filled with kdrama cliches) . And yoo seo probably will buy an augmented reality glasses for Si-On

Yoon Jin and Nae-il - Yoo Jin might gift Nae-il some stuffed animals which will keep her hands warm and Nae-il will will stitch him a scarf

Han Yeo-jin and Kim Tae Hyun- well Yeo-jin doesn't really need any material gift from Kim Tae Hyun, so Kim Tae-Hyun will plan a Christmas celebration with kids from church so she can have a good time. And Han Yeo Jin will buy lot of gifts for his sister which will sort make Kim Tae Hyun happy since he is not interested in any material gift other than happiness of his baby sister and Han Yeo Jin

Han Gil-Ro and Kim Seo won- Gil Ro will go overboard and buy seo won costliest item he could afford like jewellery and ends up getting scolded by her. And Kim Seo Won might buy him a book which might help him in improving his common sense and maturity

Hwange Tae Hee and Baek Ja-Eun- I think these two have similar relationship dynamics that of Han Yeo Jin and Kim Tae Hyun, so they'll probably endup spending time alone together instead of gifting each other

Gu Ma Jun and Shin Yu Kyung - Ma Jun will cook his new bread for yu Kyung as his gift for her and she would probably buy him a new watch (so that he can remember her every time he looks at it)

Park Jim Gyeom and Kim Do Yeon - I think Kim Do Yeon will probably ask Jim Gyeom's time as her gift and she will probably gift him some furniture or house appliances for his room

I guess I have covered all the possible cases

49 minutes ago, kittyna said:

lol - Okay, now you're just giving me ideas

Okay, it's platonic in nature:sweat_smile:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Okay, it's platonic in nature:sweat_smile:

:loolz:

Oh, wow! I had no idea I'd written a double-entendre there - I just meant it in terms of cute, fluffy romance :lol: If Nae Il tried anything more than that, it'd be the quickest way out from under that blanket because Yoo Jin would either shove her off or get up himself!

Han Yeo-jin and Kim Tae Hyun- well Yeo-jin doesn't really need any material gift from Kim Tae Hyun, so Kim Tae-Hyun will plan a Christmas celebration with kids from church so she can have a good time. And Han Yeo Jin will buy lot of gifts for his sister which will sort make Kim Tae Hyun happy since he is not interested in any material gift other than happiness of his baby sister and Han Yeo Jin

You brought up a really good point here, which is that some (or maybe even most) of these couples would be more interested in experiences and time spent together rather than material gifts. For example, although I did answer with material gifts for Cha Yoo Jin and Seol Nae Il, in all honesty, they'd value the actual date they go out on more than any specific items.

For Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin...I definitely love the Christmas party idea. :) As for what I think Yeo Jin would give Tae Hyun (since, come on - it's hard for her not to think in materialistic terms sometimes), I think she'd do something like a nice high-end watch: something that's lavish enough to make sense in her mind (given her background), but still enough of a practical investment that Tae Hyun wouldn't feel awkward receiving it.

(By the way, I did notice that Tae Hyun had a smart watch after his marriage in the drama before those were really seriously a thing, so maybe the writers already beat me to this idea :P)

Park Jim Gyeom and Kim Do Yeon - I think Kim Do Yeon will probably ask Jim Gyeom's time as her gift and she will probably gift him some furniture or house appliances for his room

And we also know about that whole mess with the gloves :P Looks like Do Yeon's got her work cut out for her!

And now for my Scattergories answers!

Honestly, I'm not sure why I'm thinking this, but I just feel like, in addition to Nae Il, Han Yeo Jin would also really like the winter season. Who knows, it might be similar to what I'd said about the guys during Round One: that there's something really clean and pristine about how a snowy, winter landscape looks, and I could somehow see that fitting with Yeo Jin's aesthetic.

For similar reasons that you mentioned Oh Mok Dan, @kireeti2, I could also think of Shin Yu Kyung. She's also someone who's used to going without many creature comforts most of the other JW drama girls would take for granted, so I could imagine her thinking of winter as a cold and depressing time of year. It's also a sad reality that for people who live in abusive or underprivileged situations, the romanticism surrounding Christmas or the winter season in general can make their hardships even harder to bear.

I think I'm gonna go with Baek Ja Eun and Hwang Tae Hui here. She might have to drag him into it first, but I think he'd come on board sooner or later - and next thing they know, they're joined by their nephew and nieces and there's an entire snowman family in the front yard :P As for the scarf, I think it'd be Ja Eun's - Tae Hui might try to offer his, but then she'd freak out about him getting cold on the job afterwards (for reasons you'll find out further down).

Mostly because I do see him as the caffeine addict out of JW's drama characters, and because he would have grown up in Austria, where specialty coffee drinks are already a thing year-round (and, hence, wouldn't be thought of as something "girly"), I'm going with Cha Yoo Jin. And, as implied already, he'd pick something coffee-based ;) 

No particular reason why beyond just thinking it works well with her image - Seol Nae Il.

This one's a bit tough, since most of the couples where at least one person would be well off enough to consider this would also have at least one workaholic who wouldn't want to travel far for a holiday (e.g. Tae Hyun + Yeo Jin; Yoo Jin + Nae Il; etc.). So here, I'm going to say Gu Ma Jun and Shin Yu Kyung, since I think he would try to treat her - as a means to make up for being a jerk in the early stages of their relationship - and she'd actually be open to the idea. As for where they'd go...I'm thinking either Okinawa (since Ma Jun did study abroad in Japan) or Guam (as an Easter Egg nod to where Eugene grew up in real life).

I'm not sure why, but I wound up thinking of Hwang Tae Hui and Baek Ja Eun here - with Tae Hui being the one who dislikes the cold, and Ja Eun being the one who dislikes the heat.

8. The JW drama guy most likely to get overly/unnecessarily concerned about whether his girlfriend/partner is dressed warmly enough (i.e. she's actually perfectly comfortable, but he's still making a fuss )

This is already a running gag in my Seolleim in Salzburg fics re: Yoo Jin and Nae Il :P So, just to have a different answer, I'm going to say Park Jin Gyeom and Kim Do Yeon. A bit unconventional, I know, but my reasoning is that Jin Gyeom does care for Do Yeon, but he also struggles with figuring out what's an appropriate way to express those feelings. So I think he'd sometimes swing back and forth between being too "meh" about everything, or getting overly concerned and protective.

Okay, Seol Nae Il is too perfect a choice for me not to answer her as well :P 

However, if I took the prompt as not getting for herself but for, say, those around her, I do want to point out that Cha Yoon Seo would start fairly early as well, in hopes that it would keep her patients' spirits up. Because spending the Christmas season in the hospital...sucks. (And, yes, realizing this was partially why I chose Good Doctor as the setting for this year's Christmas Special ;))

10. The JW drama guy most likely to enjoy going out for a long solo walk when it's snowing outside

Cha Yoo Jin - because a winter wonderland like this is sometimes best enjoyed in complete silence ;) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kittyna said:

sometimes best enjoyed in complete silence

Silence? With Nae-Il in his life, I think he will probably forgets the meaning of this word :joy:

Baek Ja Eun and Hwang Tae Hui 

Seol Nae Il.

The above two were my first choice or the ones to pop in mind after reading the questions, but I sort of avoided it in order to prevent the overlap :grin:

Park Jin Gyeom and Kim Do Yeon. A bit unconventional, I know, but my reasoning is that Jin Gyeom does care for Do Yeon, but he also struggles with figuring out what's an appropriate way to express those feelings. So I think he'd sometimes swing back and forth between being too "meh" about everything, or getting overly concerned and protective.

Do Yeon will probably enjoy this overly concerned behavior of Park Jin Gyeom:blush:

I'm going with Cha Yoo Jin. And, as implied already, he'd pick something coffee-based ;) 

I though of him too, but I dropped him because he strikes to me as a person who likes authentic coffee, not the superficial ones like in Star Bucks. P.S I think Star Bucks is overrated

Cha Yoon Seo would start fairly early as well, in hopes that it would keep her patients' spirits up.

And also, it helps the patients to recover quickly from the surgical procedures. Like, it is accepted by all the doctors that patients will heal quicker if they are in good mood and happy, so, as a Good Doctor Yoon Seon will probably start the Christmas  little early

And we also know about that whole mess with the gloves :P Looks like Do Yeon's got her work cut out for her!

Mess with the gloves? Did I miss a episode from Alice?

• LOL 2

Mess with the gloves? Did I miss a episode from Alice?

i.e. "What are the gloves I gave you for Christmas doing up in storage?" ;) 

Silence? With Nae-Il in his life, I think he will probably forgets the meaning of this word

Hence why he'd take the chance when he can get away with it :P 

I though of him too, but I dropped him because he strikes to me as a person who likes authentic coffee, not the superficial ones like in Star Bucks.

:lol: Generally speaking, yeah. But in my defence, you did end up taking my first choice, so.... 

By the way, if you actually click the link in the prompt to see the list of specialty drinks, one of the ones that's offered in Europe, I know Seol Nae Il will truly love ;) Which means: cue her dragging Yoo Jin to Starbucks anyway

Just throwing this out there for anyone who happens to understand French: a quick guide to JW and his dramas

Cute fanart that I forgot to share earlier

And the uncanny resemblance between JW and his Alice "mini me" continues - Seriously, the smile is nearly identical :love:

• Like 2

A Photoshopped fanmade Christmas pic, but man, is it a good one!

With only a few days left before Christmas (and my fic special being saved for the day itself), I've decided to put together a quick round of Christmas-themed Scattergories!

Spoiler

Scattergories: Christmas Edition!

There's really only one rule: for each prompt, just say which JW drama character comes first to mind.

As always, repeats are allowed; and, as always, pay attention for if I'm asking for a guy, a girl, or a couple

Good luck - and have fun! :Viki-Soompi-Winter-Tree-Emoji:

1. The JW drama guy who believed in Santa Claus the longest when he was a kid (Bonus question: how old was he when he finally stopped?)

2. Conversely, the JW drama girl most likely to have caused pandemonium when she was little by telling her classmates that Santa didn't exist 

3. The JW drama couple most likely to go all out on decorating their house (or houses, if they live separately)

4. The JW drama guy most likely to have attended Christmas mass at least once (Bonus question: is he actually religious, or did he go for another reason?)

5. The JW drama girl most likely to spend at least part of the holiday season doing volunteer/charity work (Bonus question: for what cause?)

6. The JW drama couple most likely to spend at least some part of Christmas Day cooking a special dinner together

7. The JW drama girl most likely to have had a massively long (and unrealistic) wish list for Santa when she was little (Bonus: what's the craziest item she wished for?)

8. The JW drama guy (except Lee Kang To or Gyun Woo) most likely not to have celebrated Christmas much growing up

9. The JW drama couple most likely to take part in a Secret Santa gift exchange with friends or colleagues

10. The JW drama girl most likely to have wound up on the "naughty" list when she was growing up

• Like 2

Omo - Oppa, what is up with that voice??? -  :loolz: 

And that, my friends, seems to be JW's take on classic/vintage Broadway ;) I'm usually not a fan of over-the-top vibrato like that, though - which might be why I never "got" opera, despite being a classical music nerd :P 

Since there haven't been any takers yet, allow me to go first in this round of Scattergories. If I wound up stealing anyone's first choice, just remember that repeats are allowed ;) 

1. The JW drama guy who believed in Santa Claus the longest when he was a kid (Bonus question: how old was he when he finally stopped?)

For me, the hands-down response would be Park Si On, simply because I think he's the one who would have held on to childish fantasy the longest. In fact, even though he technically knows Santa doesn't exist anymore, I think part of him still likes to hold on to that belief because of the moral lesson it entails: that those who are good will be rewarded in the end.

2. Conversely, the JW drama girl most likely to have caused pandemonium when she was little by telling her classmates that Santa didn't exist 

Mostly because we see her taking a more logical/scientific approach to things from a very early age, I'm going to say Yoon Tae Yi (2020) here. I don't think she's the sort of kid who had much patience for things that don't make rational sense - nor do I think she would have had enough of a filter as a child to know better than to just blurt out her opinions in front of her peers.

3. The JW drama couple most likely to go all out on decorating their house (or houses, if they live separately)

I already touched upon this in my 2019 Christmas Special, so I'm going to say Kim Tae Hyun and Han Yeo Jin. For one thing, they'd actually have the resources (space, money, etc.) to really go big on the decorations; but also, I imagine that despite Tae Hyun's influence, Yeo Jin still cares enough about what others think of her to actively want to impress. And when her intended audience is Korea's 1%...yeah. Enough said.

4. The JW drama guy most likely to have attended Christmas mass at least once (Bonus question: is he actually religious, or did he go for another reason?)

I could have gone with a character who might hold some sort of religious belief, but I'm going to answer Cha Yoo Jin, despite my own interpretation of his character as an agnostic (i.e. he's not an atheist, but matters of faith/religion are simply not a priority for him). For me, I think that even though he'd hold back now as an adult (since going to a religious service as a non-believer is kinda awkward), as a child living in Austria, he would have wanted to go at least once - just for the music. :P 

5. The JW drama girl most likely to spend at least part of the holiday season doing volunteer/charity work (Bonus question: for what cause?)

My first thought here was Han Yeo Jin, because I expect that she'd want to do something for the church kids during the holiday season (especially since Yong Pal implies that they might be from underprivileged families).

6. The JW drama couple most likely to spend at least some part of Christmas Day cooking a special dinner together

I'm going to say Han Gil Ro and Kim Seo Won. Why? I dunno - I just thought it would be cute to imagine them doing that :) 

7. The JW drama girl most likely to have had a massively long (and unrealistic) wish list for Santa when she was little (Bonus: what's the craziest item she wished for?)

Here, I think of Baek Ja Eun, because when I see this prompt, I immediately visualize someone who grew up in a warm, loving environment, and who - because of that love - would be convinced that her caregivers really could make dreams come true. We know that, as a child, Ja Eun's father was pretty much her entire world, and so I imagine that she would have that sort of implicit faith in him. As for an example of a wild and crazy request...I have to say that I wound up thinking of the cliché pony. :P Why? I don't know.

8. The JW drama guy (except Lee Kang To or Gyun Woo) most likely not to have celebrated Christmas much growing up

Park Jin Gyeom. Granted, I think his mother would have tried to do something for Christmas every year. But with the two of them being more-or-less alone by themselves without any other sort of social network, and with Jin Gyeom being pretty indifferent either way, I think Christmas would have become a pretty low-key affair after a while - if it doesn't drop off the radar entirely.

9. The JW drama couple most likely to take part in a Secret Santa gift exchange with friends or colleagues

Park Si On and Cha Yoon Seo, because I could honestly envision the pediatrics team doing something like this. :P 

10. The JW drama girl most likely to have wound up on the "naughty" list when she was growing up

Well, we know from the drama that Han Yeo Jin was something of a holy terror when she was a kid, so.... ;) 

• Insightful 2

Now coming back to the scattegories

On 12/23/2020 at 8:45 AM, kittyna said:

Park Si-on, and I think he might have stopped believing in him when he celebrated his first Christmas with Cha Yoon Seo, we all know her imprudent behavior when it comes to Si-On beliefs, she might have blabbered about Santa :joy:

Two names to comes to my mind; Han Yeo Jin and Cha Yoon Seo, but I am more inclined towards Han Yeo Jin, since she was cold hearted person from a very young age, so, she would have been telling everyone in her class that there is no person like Santa Claus

Hwang Tae Hee and Baek Ja Eun, I am thinking of a scenario where Baek Ja Eun needs to travel to other city because of her work and these will decorate their tree while on video call with each other. Or, there can be a another scenario where Hwang Tae Hee might have got COVID and needed to be isolated and he chooses to stay in the station, where he will decorate Christmas tree while on video call with Baek Ja Eun

Park Si-On, and yes, I think he is religious since he believes in Heaven

Kim Seo Won, I think it is because her helping nature and top of that his father is an aspiring politician, so, his whole family would have volunteered in charity works, especially during holiday season

Han Yeo Jin and Kim Tae Hyun, they would probably invite the kids from the church and spend the holidays with them

Nae-il, probably  stuffed animals of all the species on earth (I thought of going with Baek Ja Eun, but given that she is from well off family and probably she would have got what she wanted for every holiday, but I do like to answer the hardest gift that she would have wished for is that to see her mother in person, this wish would have come to her mind when she was at least old enough i.e when she is 10 or 11 years old to know that the her step-mother is not her really mother, so, she would have wished Santa to bring her mother)

Park Jin Gyeom, although his mom would have a tried her best to participate in Christmas celebration but we all know that she wouldn't force Jin Gyeom do anything and Jin Gyeom only started celebrating after Kim Do Yeon became his friend, since it was shown that the birthday  celebration of his mom was her idea and it seem like he only got Christmas gifts from her, so, he wouldn't have celebrated Christmas until he hit is 18

Cha Yoo Jin and Nae-Il or Han Gil Ro and Kim seo won, but I am more inclined towards the latter couple, since they work for the same organization, so the secret gift exchange thing with their friends and colleagues makes sense, but for the former couple it would be difficult, because they are more or less like freelancer and they are always on move, so, it would difficult to plan such gift sharing even for their friends

0. The JW drama girl most likely to have wound up on the "naughty" list when she was growing up

I would say "girls" not "girl", after reading this question 4 names came to my mind.

1)Cha Yoon Seon: for being imprudent and not respecting the authority, I would say she would be on list for not behaving like a girl, since the girls are not subjected to such kind of social construct or social norms which distinguish girls from boys on them, at least  until they hit they teens

2) Han Yeo Jin: It is rather obvious, from very young age she started to assert her power over the people who are subordinate to her father which is seen as a bad character in kids

3)Baek Ja Eun- Well, we can all agree that she was spoiled by her father and it manifests the way she behaves when she runs into a problem as an adult

4)Kim Do Yeon- Well, she is bossy and being bossy sort of gets you on the list regardless of gender, that's what pop-culture dictates

Yoon Tae Yi (2020) here

:approves: I almost forgot about her. But she did not come to my mind because she was shown as a innocent child for her introduction in the series, like she was innocent enough to believe Yoon Tae Yi from future that she is her mom, so, subconsciously I  thought she would have believed in Santa until she hit her teen years

My first thought here was Han Yeo Jin, because I expect that she'd want to do something for the church kids during the holiday season (especially since Yong Pal implies that they might be from underprivileged families).

I'm going to say Han Gil Ro and Kim Seo Won. Why? I dunno - I just thought it would be cute to imagine them doing that :) 

Lol, my answers is sort of flip-flop to yours, for question 5 I thought of choosing Han Yeo JIn, but I have interpreted the question in such have that the characters were in age group of 10 to 15 years.

Park Si On and Cha Yoon Seo, because I could honestly envision the pediatrics team doing something like this. :P 

This answer is perfect, I can totally imagine these two hiding presents all around the hospital for everyone and Si-On would have hard time lying about the where about of the gifts, especially to the patients :approves:

• Like 2

Well, we know from the drama that Han Yeo Jin

Lol! I think it is a bit to exaggeration to call her "Holy Terror" but I get it, since her personal head maid still remembers how she terrified everyone in the house and even her as well at such a young age. :scream:

• Like 2