Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

4 hours ago, kittyna said:

but Jin Gyeom's got a point when he says that that doesn't explain what happened in his own universe. Like, unless yet another Jin Gyeom time-traveled to his house that night and killed his mother while he wasn't there, there's no way that the prophecy could have played out as written. So I still think there's a catch in the prophecy somewhere; hopefully, it's one that allows Jin Gyeom to exonerate himself.

I think this should have happened according to my understanding, like, we can clearly see that the persent version of PJG is not an evil person and PSY's interventions had helped in making him a better person. But, she was still skeptical until she was able to confirm it through the school suicide/murder of the girl. So, like PSY was delighted to know that PJG did not kill her unlike in other dimension, some how PJG was killed the girl and was able to convince others that he was innocent of any wrong doings. And also, I think the prophecy will be fulfilled no matter the nature of the PJG, whether he turns out good or bad, PSY will receive the punishment for giving birth to PJG. So, like you speculated, PJG from different version would have killed her in order to take control over the time, but like PJG raised the issue of murder weapon, like, in the good PJG version his mother was killed with a futuristic weapon, and Shi Young named the  Director of the Alice before dying. So, my take is that the good PJG was not able to take control over the time because of his good nature and also, the PSY version in good PJG dimension was on  track to stop the time travel, so the director had to do the deed in order to keep the time travel a reality. And also, he addressed Seok Oh Won as "Teacher", so, I think the good Seok Oh Won and evil Seok Oh Won are in similar situation as good PJG and evil PJG.

12 hours ago, kittyna said:

Long story short: Awesome job, Oppa, but I did not sign up for that sort of nightmare fuel.

But, I am enjoying his evil side thoroughly, like, it has raised the suspense level of the drama because of the evil version. The good PJG was like not able to show any variation in his acting and his only job was like to protect TY(2020) and catch his mother's killer and it made the character pretty uni-dimension, but evil version has clearly increased the quality of the drama and anticipations. So, I am with team evil PJG, I wouldn't mind if he wins in the end and takes control over the time :evilelmo:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

But, I am enjoying his evil side thoroughly, like, it has raised the suspense level of the drama because of the evil version. The good PJG was like not able to show any variation in his acting and his only job was like to protect TY(2020) and catch his mother's killer and it made the character pretty uni-dimension, but evil version has clearly increased the quality of the drama and anticipations. So, I am with team evil PJG, I wouldn't mind his he wins in the end and takes control of the time

Oh, Evil!Jin Gyeom wasn't the nightmare fuel for me in Episode 13 - that lab transformation scene was. ;) It's like, up until that moment, I could kind of separate Good and Evil Jin Gyeom in my head, but that moment when you realize that, by traveling to this parallel universe, Good!Jin Gyeom has just inadvertently made himself vulnerable to whatever's been slowly poisoning Evil!Jin Gyeom's mind over the years...that was terrifying for me. He was literally just saying that he would never - could never - kill his mother, and then wham! 

Which probably means that Episode 14 will be just painful for me to watch. I accept the existence of both good and evil within a person, of course, but I find the idea that some external force could literally just hijack a good person and make them do evil completely against their will to be absolutely terrifying. :confounded:

Spoiler

Maybe, in future broadcasts, Alice should include a trigger warning for people with OCD, because that's literally what those intrusive thoughts are: an intense, irrational fear that the patient would do something to harm themselves or their loved ones. Not that I have OCD, but I did want to look into it so I don't misuse the term.

I think this should have happened according to my understanding, like, we can clearly see that the persent version of PJG is not an evil person and PSY's interventions had helped in making him a better person. But, she was still skeptical until she was able to confirm it through the school suicide/murder of the girl. So, like PSY was delighted to know that PJG did not kill her unlike in other dimension, some how PJG was killed the girl and was able to convince others that he was innocent of any wrong doings.

Yeah - Lord knows how Evil!Jin Gyeom was able to pull off convincing the police that it was a suicide, but we see that even for the Good!Jin Gyeom, Park Sun Young did get that mental image of her son throwing the girl off before she forces it out of her mind. In hindsight, this also explains why she was so worried about what she saw with mini-Jin Gyeom and the dragonfly, yet still decided to handle his alexithymia on her own without the doctor's help (because she knows what this is about and that it's not so much a medical issue as it is a moral one).

So, my take is that the good PJG was not able to take control over the time because of his good nature and also, the PSY version in good PJG dimension was on  track to stop the time travel, so the director had to do the deed in order to keep the time travel a reality. And also, he addressed Seok Oh Won as "Teacher", so, I think the good Seok Oh Won and evil Seok Oh Won are in similar situation as good PJG and evil PJG.

If Evil!Jin Gyeom addressed Evil!Seok Oh Won as "Teacher", I haven't seen it yet - in Episode 13, it was the other way around.

This also makes me think back to Episode 4, where events played out exactly the same way as they did in Episode 1 despite 2020-Jin Gyeom being there. My guess is that because his ability to control time was just beginning to emerge, he simply went back into his own past in his own universe that first time - which is why he didn't see anything unusual in his own or his mother's behaviour, but also why he was completely powerless to intervene. There, he runs into Good!Seok Oh Won (who he mistakes for Evil!Seok Oh Won for various reasons), and then Good Oh Won is like, "No, you idiot - you have to go back and try to save her now rather than chasing after me!"

However, this time around, it's definitely Evil!Seok Oh Won he runs into - he deliberately runs off and prompts Jin Gyeom to chase him, thus giving Evil!Jin Gyeom the time needed to kill Sun Young in this timeline. And then, like the mustache-twirling villain that he is (because come on: if he had a mustache, he'd totally be twirling it), he gives a completely different response in his confrontation with Jin Gyeom than what we see in Episode 4. My guess here is that in this timeline, Evil!Seok Oh Won (or Evil!Jin Gyeom) killed Good!Seok Oh Won back in 2010, which messed everything up afterwards.

New poster design for Alice

New image from JW's recent photo shoot

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

I haven't gotten around to watching Episode 14 yet (had a really hectic day yesterday), but I still wanted to put out my planned mid-week interactive on schedule. And, in the spirit of all things fantasy/sci-fi, I'm drawing inspiration from one of the most popular fantasy franchises out there: Harry Potter.

Now, I personally never got into the Harry Potter series when I was growing up, but it was big enough that I picked up bits and pieces of how that whole fictional universe works - particularly the house system. For those who are new to this, students who are newly admitted to Hogwarts (the wizard academy where the books take place) go through an induction ceremony of sorts: they take turns putting on a magical hat (the Sorting Hat), which then places them in one of four houses, which serve both as their dorms and their smaller community within the school. The four houses are also compete throughout the school year, with students trying to accumulate points for good grades, behaviour, etc. and the house earning the most points overall receiving a trophy at year's end.

The thing about these houses, though, is that students are sorted into them by their personalities and values, making this whole process something of a personality test that's easily transferred to other fandoms. And that brings us to Sorting Hat: JW Drama Characters Edition

(And, this time, I'm throwing in the boys and girls all at once.)

Spoiler

Sorting Hat: JW Drama Characters Edition

It's quite simple, really. Hogwarts has four houses, and the goal here is for you to say which male and female lead characters from JW's dramas you think would belong in each one. The hyperlink takes you to a more detailed site, but here's also a quick summary of each house and what personality traits/core values it represents.

Gryffindor - courage/bravery, perseverance, and chivalry (students tend to be bold and present conventionally heroic traits, but they can also be reckless, stubborn, and unwilling to follow the rules)

Hufflepuff - hard work, fairness, kindness, honesty (students tend to be modest, morally upright and unassuming; they are also less competitive than those in the other houses and thus tend to fade into the background)

Ravenclaw - intelligence, curiosity, creativity (students tend to be highly intelligent and love to pursue knowledge for its own sake; they are logical and rational, but can be eccentric or oblivious to social cues)

Slytherin - ambition, resourcefulness, leadership (students also tend to be intelligent, but - unlike Ravenclaw - more in the way of street/social smarts than book smarts; because of a highly ambitious streak, Slytherin students are vulnerable to going dark, but if they stay good, they can be unwaveringly loyal to those they love)

All you have to do for this game is just list which lead characters from JW's dramas (guys AND girls) you'd put into each house. There are no right or wrong answers, as most people could feasibly fit into two or more (e.g. depending on which traits I focus on, I could see myself in either Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw). Also, there is a slight difference between grouping by personality versus grouping by values/ethics (e.g. someone could want courage but be easily frightened, in which case the Hat might sort them into Gryffindor to help develop the skills they lack), and I'll leave that choice up to you :) 

So this will include all the main male/female leads from JW's dramas, as we've usually done them up until now. In the case of Alice, you can even do multiple versions of each character (e.g. comparing Good and Evil Jin Gyeom, comparing 2020 Tae Yi and 2050 Tae Yi, etc.) as long as you specify who you're talking about.

Have fun - and I hope to come back with my Episode 14 analysis soon!

• Like 2

And here I am with my take on Episode 14 of Alice:

Spoiler

So, no real surprise for me re: the ending (since it was already leaked, talked about, etc. all over the place), but I do have to point out that Park Jin Gyeom...really made a mistake here. He noticed signs that he was "turning" in the car, and while it's possible that he thought it had passed after the rash disappeared, I think he should have kept his guard up and not agreed to meet Yoon Tae Yi, like, anywhere.

Granted, he was skeptical about the prophecy (for obvious reasons), but I hope he's no longer skeptical now - and despite knowing that he and Tae Yi do manage to get out of this situation intact, I'm definitely drawing blanks as to how that happens. I guess we'll find out come Episode 15, but I hope it's Min Hyuk. Please let it be Min Hyuk ;) 

lol - Can you tell I loved all his "Dad" moments in this episode? Whether it's showing up with medicine for Jin Gyeom or stepping in to defend him against Oh Si Young, we're finally seeing some more progress. And as much as I loved the voice message scene, I also loved that Min Hyuk was already doing all these things before Sun Young asked.

I think that some of the underutilized supporting characters really got their chance to shine in this episode, especially Do Yeon. Kudos to the writers for finally letting her get involved in the investigation, even if she's really skeptical about what Tae Yi's saying about the prophecy right now. Not that I blame her: if she hadn't seen for herself what happens when Jin Gyeom turns dark, she wouldn't have any reason to think that Jin Gyeom could possibly harm anybody he cares about. Given that, it's also telling that Jin Gyeom's avoiding her now, because it shows that he does care about her and fears inadvertently hurting her.

And speaking of inadvertently hurting people...okay, writers: how the hell is this fair? The prophecy, I mean. I knew that Tae Yi saw something on that last page that really shook her up, and it's that the only way to stop time travel and end this cycle is for her (or Park Sun Young) to kill Jin Gyeom??? And that even if this Jin Gyeom ends up good (the way Sun Young describes him to Min Hyuk on the recording was just an "Aw..." moment), the Teacher can just hack into his brain and make him kill his friends and family without him even realizing it??? 

Sorry about the rant, guys, but you have to admit that that is freaking messed up. So either Park Sun Young can kill her son to save herself (and possibly many others), or she can save her son and thus doom him to grow up into a murderer. For a mother to have to make a choice between two evils like that...oof. When I look at it that way, I can see just why Sun Young's so relieved that this version of Jin Gyeom turned out good despite all the odds, but now, finally, that warning to him in Episode 1 makes sense: he didn't kill his mother (Oh Si Young has now confirmed that that culprit was Gi Cheol Am), but the fact that he didn't meant that the prophecy could manifest itself by having him kill another version of Tae Yi...which is what it's trying to do now.

So, I understand the Teacher and his underlings' end game re: Tae Yi, but not so much re: Jin Gyeom. I can only assume that they don't know that his death is what would break the cycle and end time travel, or else the various attempts on his life don't make all that much sense.

And I also have no idea where Jin Gyeom's going to end up: even if he manages to win this somehow without killing Tae Yi, he's going to remember that he almost did...and I have a hard time imagining that he could ever fully by himself again. You've well and truly crushed him, show, so you better start putting him back together.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kittyna said:

Gryffindor - courage/bravery, perseverance, and chivalry (students tend to be bold and present conventionally heroic traits, but they can also be reckless, stubborn, and unwilling to follow the rules)

Kim Tae Hyun

Good Park Jin Gyeom

Princess Hyemyung

Kim Seo Won

Mok Dan

Kim Do Yeon

Hufflepuff - hard work, fairness, kindness, honesty (students tend to be modest, morally upright and unassuming; they are also less competitive than those in the other houses and thus tend to fade into the background)

Park Si-On

Hwang Tae Hee

Park Sun Young

Han Gil Ro

Ravenclaw - intelligence, curiosity, creativity (students tend to be highly intelligent and love to pursue knowledge for its own sake; they are logical and rational, but can be eccentric or oblivious to social cues)

Cha Yoo Jin

Nae-il

Yoon Tae-Yi(2020)

Slytherin - ambition, resourcefulness, leadership (students also tend to be intelligent, but - unlike Ravenclaw - more in the way of street/social smarts than book smarts; because of a highly ambitious streak, Slytherin students are vulnerable to going dark, but if they stay good, they can be unwaveringly loyal to those they love)

Lee Kang To

Ku Ma Jun

Evil Park Jin Gyeom

2 hours ago, kittyna said:

You've well and truly crushed him, show, so you better start putting him back together.

I don't see that happening in the. I guess writers have different plans for ending, one which might include Either PJG sacrifice himself to stop time travel or travel in different time period in a loop to stop the evil PJG gaining control over time. So, it might not end well for PJG

• Like 3

(Just put this Ghost news in Google translator and sharing the result here. :P Joo Won looks so ghostly just like Harry Potter movie!)

Stage equipment failure during'Ghost' performance
'Ghost' production company and lead actor Joo-won directly apologize

'Ghost' side "I'm checking it every day...but I will compensate"

01.24125647.1.jpg

The musical'Ghost' was discontinued due to a malfunction of the stage equipment.

On the 18th, the performance of'Ghost' was stopped after it was confirmed that the cable device moving the stage wall was broken 40 minutes after the performance began. Accordingly, an official from the production company Shinshi Company and Joo-won, the lead actor of'Ghost', stepped on the stage and apologized directly to the audience.

The'Ghost' side said, "We will provide a 110% refund for paid audiences, provide invitation tickets for invited audiences, and reward 20,000 won for car expenses to all audiences who came to the scene." I will give it to you."
Related Articles
'Ras' Ivy, "extremely high tension" in past bizarre photos
Joo-won "Frequent expression of affection..."
"I get to know the emotions of the main character'Sam' deeply...I will convey the emotion of the original'Love and Soul'"
In addition, "'Ghost' is a complex stage mechanism, and it is a basic principle to inspect 3-4 hours every day before the performance." I apologize, and I am very sorry.”

The performance in question took place at 2 pm on this day. After the scene of the subway scene, Sam Witt (Juwon) followed the robber, and the performance suddenly stopped. After that, there was an announcement saying, "An unknown error has occurred in the stage device," and "Please wait a minute."

It is known that the broadcast will resume 10 minutes after the announcement, but the'Ghost' performance on that day was eventually stopped. In the end, the production company official and Joo-won directly conveyed the intention of apologizing. Joo-won said, "The set was complicated, but the line broke and it stopped." He said, "The actors are also so sorry that they are all restless now. I'm really sorry."

However, after the maintenance was completed, the performance proceeded normally at 6:30 on this evening.
01.24125646.1.jpg

Meanwhile, 'Ghost' is a work based on the movie'Love and Soul'. The desperate love of the two men and women that transcended the zoom sound was embodied in the state-of-the-art stage using magic and video and was loved. It premiered in Korea in 2013, and the lead role has been selected as the lead role this time following the premiere.

news link: https://www.hankyung.com/life/article/202010192915H

We have new making video from Alice.

They're teasing us with hooded guy making scene.. Does his neck look like MH's?

Also finally I have my desired Father-son making video.. I wish there are more of their other scenes. But at least we got this.

And I love how JW is asking Director about when he's good Jin Gyeom and when he's bad.. ha ha.. It's not just us for whom it's difficult to keep track.. :lol:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I don't see that happening in the. I guess writers have different plans for ending, one which might include Either PJG sacrifice himself to stop time travel or travel in different time period in a loop to stop the evil PJG gaining control over time. So, it might not end well for PJG

I'm actually well-prepared for Jin Gyeom sacrificing himself to end this cycle - if that is where the prophecy ends up going (that's what it says literally, but Tae Yi and Do Yeon seem determined to find out if there's a more figurative meaning in there). What I don't want to see is Evil!Jin Gyeom winning in the end, as it sounds like "our" Jin Gyeom is the only good one.

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

And I definitely hope it's not Min Hyuk in there. :confounded:

Like, unless he also has an evil doppelganger running around somewhere, that would just completely contradict everything we've seen from him so far. Granted, it is theoretically possible, but if so, it would feel like the writers are using this "evil doppelganger" like some sort of dark deus ex machina to retroactively explain out of character moments.

Up to this point, I still think that it's either JW or JW's body double (because we know he has one) in the costume, due to things like height, build, etc. But again, that doesn't mean the Teacher actually is Jin Gyeom - the director could just be filming that way to create the illusion that it's him.

And I love how JW is asking Director about when he's good Jin Gyeom and when he's bad.. ha ha.. It's not just us for whom it's difficult to keep track.. :lol:

Actually, the whole making of the Episode 14 ending was funny, and the video editors definitely had way too much fun adding sound effects (Psycho theme, anybody?) and editing the footage (so you see Kim Hee Sun backing away on the chair/lift/whatever-you-call-it immediately afterwards). Kudos to JW for the quick switches between Good and Evil Jin Gyeom (Kim Hee Sun looks genuinely startled by the change). And I laughed when JW was all, "Wait - what the hell am I doing?" when KHS prompted him on where/how to grab her.

More behind-the-scenes stills

• Like 2

Well if we compare the height of the guy in the black hoodie, did does match with MH's height, since no other male lead character is taller than Joo won. So, chances are there that it can be MH. :sweatingbullets:

44 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Like, unless he also has an evil doppelganger running around somewhere, that would just completely contradict everything we've seen from him so far. Granted, it is theoretically possible, but if so, it would feel like the writers are using this "evil doppelganger" like some sort of dark deus ex machina to retroactively explain out of character moments.

Well, writers are heavily depended on the evil doppelganger concept, so, I wouldn't be surprised if they use the same concept to explain evil MH, if there is one.

• Like 4

@kireeti2 - I didn't get to commenting on this earlier, but I liked your responses to the Sorting Hat challenge :) Some are the same as what I thought, but I'm curious about your takes on Hwang Tae Hui and Park Sun Young, if you don't mind sharing. Not because I disagree (as you'll see below), but just out of curiosity :) 

As for my own take...here goes! By the way, I'm just listing the characters in chronological order by drama - no need to read more into it than that ;) And I also threw in a few characters other than our usual leads.

Gryffindor - courage/bravery, perseverance, and chivalry (students tend to be bold and present conventionally heroic traits, but they can also be reckless, stubborn, and unwilling to follow the rules)

Hwang Tae Hui (it's either this or Hufflepuff, so I'm focusing on his gung ho attitude towards his police detective work)

Oh Mok Dan

Cha Yoon Seo

Kim Tae Hyun

Hye Myung

Park Jin Gyeom (the good one)

Kim Do Yeon

Hufflepuff - hard work, fairness, kindness, honesty (students tend to be modest, morally upright and unassuming; they are also less competitive than those in the other houses and thus tend to fade into the background)

Kim Tak Gu

Baek Ja Eun

Han Gil Ro (he could also be Gryffindor for his boldness, but this matches his innocent worldview more)

Kim Seo Won (her "perfect spy" traits might put her elsewhere, but I think this comes closest to her overall personality)

Park Si On

Seol Nae Il (she could also be Ravenclaw for her creativity and eccentricity, but my focus here is on her values)

Yoon Tae Yi (2050)/Park Sun Young

Ravenclaw - intelligence, curiosity, creativity (students tend to be highly intelligent and love to pursue knowledge for its own sake; they are logical and rational, but can be eccentric or oblivious to social cues)

Cha Yoo Jin

Gyun Woo

Yoon Tae Yi (2020)

Slytherin - ambition, resourcefulness, leadership (students also tend to be intelligent, but - unlike Ravenclaw - more in the way of street/social smarts than book smarts; because of a highly ambitious streak, Slytherin students are vulnerable to going dark, but if they stay good, they can be unwaveringly loyal to those they love)

Gu Ma Jun

Shin Yu Kyung (hm - match made in heaven, maybe? ;))

Lee Kang To

Han Yeo Jin (actually, she's pretty much this personified :P)

Characters I'm not sure about, but would love to discuss further with you guys:

Kimura Shunji (Gaksital)

Lee Yoon Hoo (Nae Il's Cantabile)

Lee Chae Young (Yong Pal)

Yoo Min Hyuk (Alice)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Hwang Tae Hui and Park Sun Young

I find these two characters passive in nature, just like the Hufflepuff  house. Since, two are hard working , fair and upright ,and always stay behind the background. And also these two are not competitive with others just like you mentioned about the characteristics of the house

Btw, I forgot to assign a house to Cha Yoon Seo,  I agree with your selection :approves:

• Like 2

Btw, I forgot to assign a house to Cha Yoon Seo,  I agree with your selection

lol - I thought you'd like that :) 

By the way, if you have any opinions on the characters I listed as ones I'm unsure about, go for it :) 

Cute behind-the-scenes updates from mini-Tae Yi:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGjWx2AFp-C/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGhiIT8FWSo/

A clothing brand has claimed one of Jin Gyeom's jackets as theirs

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kittyna said:

Han Yeo Jin (actually, she's pretty much this personified :P)

And also, most of the students are chosen are legacy candidates, like, they come from wealthy families and one of their parents were ex of this house. I would also agree with this one:approves:.Gosh! I sort of forgot about major of the female lead characters:sweat_smile:

Shin Yu Kyung (hm - match made in heaven, maybe? ;))

She is some what odd candidate, but I would like to place her in Hufflepuff  house, but her heart is for Slytherin   just like in the drama, she was influenced by the lifestyle of rich people, she will also be influenced by the amount of power t Slyntherin house has in the school administration.

Characters I'm not sure about, but would love to discuss further with you guys:

Kimura Shunji (Gaksital)

Lee Yoon Hoo (Nae Il's Cantabile)

Lee Chae Young (Yong Pal)

Yoo Min Hyuk (Alice)

Well, the above character are quite diverse in nature, but except for Lee Yoon Hoo and Yoo Min Hyuk, other two characters have one common thing, that is they turn evil at the end of the drama, which is characteristic of Slytherin house,so, I will choose Slytherin house for Lee Chae Young and Kimura Shunji. And for Lee Yoon Hoo I would go with Gryffindor , kind of a misfit, but the hat which chooses the house for the candidates assigns a house which will help the students to excel and is organic in nature with the attitude and talents of the students, by that logic Lee Yoon Hoo will be choose in Gryffindor house. And coming to Yoo Min Hyuk, I think, I will go with Ravenclaw  because of the logic and rational nature of the house

• Like 3

21 hours ago, kittyna said:

And I definitely hope it's not Min Hyuk in there. :confounded:

Like, unless he also has an evil doppelganger running around somewhere, that would just completely contradict everything we've seen from him so far. Granted, it is theoretically possible, but if so, it would feel like the writers are using this "evil doppelganger" like some sort of dark deus ex machina to retroactively explain out of character moments

I was actually hoping none from the Family would be the hooded figure.. That's makes outcomes so complicated and sad. :(

21 hours ago, kittyna said:

Actually, the whole making of the Episode 14 ending was funny, and the video editors definitely had way too much fun adding sound effects (Psycho theme, anybody?) and editing the footage (so you see Kim Hee Sun backing away on the chair/lift/whatever-you-call-it immediately afterwards). Kudos to JW for the quick switches between Good and Evil Jin Gyeom (Kim Hee Sun looks genuinely startled by the change). And I laughed when JW was all, "Wait - what the hell am I doing?" when KHS prompted him on where/how to grab her.

Yes.. Alice editor team used more fun effects for making. 

@kittyna, SORTING HAT theme.

Oh I love Harry Potter. Let me see--

tenor.gif?itemid=13986845

Gu Majun- Slytherin

Shin Yu Kyung- Slytherin

(They're match made in heaven.. hurting each other to the fullest)

Hwang Tae Hi- Hufflepuff

Baek ja Eun- Gryffindor

Lee Kang To-Gryffindor

Mok Dan- Gryffindor.

Shunji- A lost Hufflepuff soul who wanted to be Slytherin.. He's complicated.

(Kangto is bit like Harry Potter situation where the hat wants to put him in Slytherin but his heart belongs to Gryffindor.. Kang to to fit him with the society and be superior, pure blood Japanese but ended up going back to his root that is Gryffindor.)

Han Gil Ro- Gryffindor

kim Seo Won- Ravenclaw

Park Si Won- Hufflepuff

Cha Yeon Seo- Gryffindor

Cha Yoo Jin- Ravenclaw

Seol Naeil- Huffllepuff

Kim Tae Hyun- Hufflepuff

Han Yeo Jin- Slytherin

(Woah Hufflepuff and Slytherin ensures a different kind of chaos..I love you, be there for you but what's right is not right... that's what I got from Yong Pal actually.)

Gyun Woo- Ravenclaw

Hye myung- Gryffindor

Park Jin Gyeom- May be Hufflepuff

Yoon Tae Yi- Ravenclaw+ Gryffindor

Yoo Min Hyuk- May be Ravenclaw

Do Yeon- Gryffindor+Ravenclaw

Alice people mostly men are a bit difficult to figure out.. I am lost on what is their most dominant feature. Jin Gyeom definitely has a strong a loyalty towards certain people and would do anything that to me is Hufflepuff trait. Hufflepuffs go all the way only when they're loyal and knows it it is just. Min Hyuk on the other is calculative and has reasoning, try to go by book and logic.  That screams Ravenclaw.

And I just noticed I have all 4 kind from Joo Won drama Characters.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Joo Won is such a sweetheart to do a VLive right After Alice..

80a49fa248648a19ba36d4f60d09b6dee8c471fb

He's doing vlive in 25th october,2020. I was really hoping he'd do one after Alice but also thought his busy schedule may not permit him to do so. But here he is making time so his can have Q/A session with fans.

It looks like his agency asked fans to leave questions till 23rd October so he'll probably have pre prepared question so he can share his side of story.

May be we'll get one session like the one that happened at the end of this vlive..except he will be lone this time. That time Min Jin Woong as a part of Yong Pal cast and agency Hyung was with him.

https://www.vlive.tv/video/2191?channelCode=FD143

@kittyna FYI I saw in new soompi rule that now there's no problem in embedding IG photos. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

And also, most of the students are chosen are legacy candidates, like, they come from wealthy families and one of their parents were ex of this house. I would also agree with this one

She is some what odd candidate, but I would like to place her in Hufflepuff  house, but her heart is for Slytherin   just like in the drama, she was influenced by the lifestyle of rich people, she will also be influenced by the amount of power t Slyntherin house has in the school administration.

other two characters have one common thing, that is they turn evil at the end of the drama, which is characteristic of Slytherin house,so, I will choose Slytherin house for Lee Chae Young and Kimura Shunji.

For the reasons you described re: Han Yeo Jin and Shin Yu Kyung, I also think Lee Chae Young could be Slytherin.

As for Kimura Shunji...I'm not feeling it, to be honest. I'm with @flutterby06 in thinking he's something of a complicated misfit. My understanding of how Slytherin works (so, @flutterby06, feel free to correct me as the expert) is that even if you exhibit the traits linked to the house, the Sorting Hat won't place you there if you don't want it to, with Harry Potter himself as a famous example; the argument is that someone who really values the ambition and ruthlessness of Slytherin wouldn't refuse the opportunity to join ;) 

Given that, I actually imagine it going down like this, if there was some weird mashup between Gaksital and the Harry Potter universe: Shunji's family has historically been Slytherin, such that even Kenji (who doesn't necessarily exhibit the right traits) is still placed there due to his desire to appease his father. However, Shunji is the black sheep of the family who, because of a desire to shy away from these traits (which he actually does possess) in favour of pursuing a kinder way through life, ends up being placed in Hufflepuff instead. :lol: lol - it's the Sorting Hat equivalent of what happened at the kendo tournament in Gaksital :P 

3 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

(Kangto is bit like Harry Potter situation where the hat wants to put him in Slytherin but his heart belongs to Gryffindor.. Kang to to fit him with the society and be superior, pure blood Japanese but ended up going back to his root that is Gryffindor.)

That's an interesting argument; I hadn't thought of that. I personally still see him as Slytherin because his focus is still relatively narrow and focused on himself as an individual or a small circle of people he cares for: he's slow to adopt the nationalistic or revolutionary ideals of his comrades even after he becomes Gaksital. But if we were to go all the way back to when Kang To was younger - before he got so jaded and cynical by all the crap his family went through - I can see Gryffindor working as an alternative path :) 

And for Lee Yoon Hoo I would go with Gryffindor , kind of a misfit, but the hat which chooses the house for the candidates assigns a house which will help the students to excel and is organic in nature with the attitude and talents of the students, by that logic Lee Yoon Hoo will be choose in Gryffindor house.

I can see your logic here, but I'm still sitting on the fence re: Lee Yoon Hoo, to be honest. Like Yoo Min Hyuk (see below), I can see him coming off as someone from one house, while actually exhibiting the personality traits and values of a couple others. He's sort of cryptic like that. What do you think, @flutterby06?

And coming to Yoo Min Hyuk, I think, I will go with Ravenclaw  because of the logic and rational nature of the house

Min Hyuk on the other is calculative and has reasoning, try to go by book and logic.  That screams Ravenclaw.

Same. I thought of Min Hyuk's tendency to do things by the book, but I think there's also reasonable argument for Hufflepuff given that, out of the main players in "Alice"'s administration, he's the one who joined with the purest intent: as someone who genuinely believed that creating time travel would help people to heal from past bereavements or traumas. And it's observing how those pure principles have been so grossly violated by both his clients (e.g. Yang Hong Seob) and now his own colleagues that's making him change his mind.

So...maybe a bit of both? But either way, I imagine Min Hyuk would be the sort of person who'd look like a Slytherin at first until you get to know him. Same with Jin Gyeom, actually - I guess that part runs in the family ;) 

Hwang Tae Hi- Hufflepuff

Baek ja Eun- Gryffindor

One Hufflepuff and one Gryffindor from each of us - just the other way around :P 

Actually, I do seem to be the general outlier in my own choices, looking at all three of our lists side-by-side. So I'm just as fascinated by the ones where we were unanimous (Park Si On, Cha Yoon Seo, Cha Yoo Jin, Gyun Woo, Hye Myung, Han Yeo Jin, etc.) as I am by the ones where we differed.

21 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

FYI I saw in new soompi rule that now there's no problem in embedding IG photos. 

Thanks! I saw that, too - but I guess I got into the habit of posting hyperlinks now, especially since I got some feedback that it's easier for mobile users to read the posts that way.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, kittyna said:

My understanding of how Slytherin works (so, @flutterby06, feel free to correct me as the expert) is that even if you exhibit the traits linked to the house, the Sorting Hat won't place you there if you don't want it to, with Harry Potter himself as a famous example; the argument is that someone who really values the ambition and ruthlessness of Slytherin wouldn't refuse the opportunity to join ;) 

Correct.. Sorting hat will definitely take heart's deepest thought in to consideration..those who are real lover of ambition and ruthlessness will not leave the opportunity.

The reason why I find Shunji is a lost hufflepuff(He used to be not judgemental and value a person's inner self, loyal, not ambitious) and not true Slytherin is because he didn't enjoy being the Slytherin. He just ended up going blindly so deep into the role of a despicable soul he just didn't couldn't bring himself back to his old self nor did he try to come in terms with what he had become!

Given that, I actually imagine it going down like this, if there was some weird mashup between Gaksital and the Harry Potter universe: Shunji's family has historically been Slytherin, such that even Kenji (who doesn't necessarily exhibit the right traits) is still placed there due to his desire to appease his father. However, Shunji is the black sheep of the family who, because of a desire to shy away from these traits (which he actually does possess) in favour of pursuing a kinder way through life, ends up being placed in Hufflepuff instead. :lol: lol - it's the Sorting Hat equivalent of what happened at the kendo tournament in Gaksital :P 

Such a great analogy.. And isn't Shunji's situation so similar to Sirius Black situation? Not character wise, just the family circumstances. Shunji's family being the Pureblood like the Blacks and him associating himself with unspeakable mixed blood or muggleborn, happy being by their side like Sirius.

9 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Hwang Tae Hi- Hufflepuff

Baek ja Eun- Gryffindor

One Hufflepuff and one Gryffindor from each of us - just the other way around :P 

But I see you considered his Hufflepuff traits too..so it's just he has both traits. I find Hwang Tae Hee as a kind soul to everyone. He seemed to be understanding of everyone tried to be understanding and sometimes mentor of both sides whenever he was in between choices. Like his mother vs. Ja Eun. His brother Tae Beom vs. sis-in-law Soo Young etc.

Actually, I do seem to be the general outlier in my own choices, looking at all three of our lists side-by-side. So I'm just as fascinated by the ones where we were unanimous (Park Si On, Cha Yoon Seo, Cha Yoo Jin, Gyun Woo, Hye Myung, Han Yeo Jin, etc.) as I am by the ones where we differed.

It's interesting that so many of our's actually matched. Looks like they got solid traits from their respective houses! :joy:

Joo Won News

Actor Joo-Won Fan Alliance,'donating 3 tns of rice for the vulnerable'

Source: Image provided by Together Love Field (Actor Joo-won fan association donated 3 tons of rice for the vulnerable class of Corona 19.)Source: Image provided by Together Love Field (Actor Joo-won fan association donated 3 tons of rice for the vulnerable class of Corona 19.)

With the re-proliferation of Corona 19, it is more desperate to share with children from vulnerable groups, the elderly, and the disabled. Recently, the news that the actor Joo-won fan association donated 3 tons of rice to the NGO'Love Field Together' was reported.

Actor Joo-won's fan association goes beyond a simple fan alliance through constant volunteer activities and sharing, such as mural voluntary activities to improve the environment in vulnerable areas and helping corona 19 flower farmers, and has a lot of interest in the socially underprivileged with actor Joo-won. Has steadily continued its good influence.

In particular, this donation of 3 tons of rice served as a support for marginalized neighbors at a time when a total of 200 people from not only domestic but also overseas fans participated and showed an example of fan culture, as well as the distance of sharing with Corona 19.

A beautiful fan manager with Joo-won Supporters & Joo-won, who prepared this rice donation, said, “I am grateful to the fans who have been a great help to actor Joo-won's activities. I hope it will be a small addition to those who are having a harder time than ever with Corona 19.” In addition, he said, "We will continue to support actor Joo-won's activities through various social contribution activities."

Meanwhile, through the social contribution of various companies and organizations, including rice donated by the Joowon Fan Association, the NGO practicing'Love Fields Together' will provide continuous and diverse support for vulnerable groups suffering from Corona 19.

Original News Link: http://www.sideview.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=5728

Joo Won also shared the news on IG story with a caption "After all..My Wonderful Fans :heart:"

Ek8JlgQVgAMMYlA?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3

14 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

I was actually hoping none from the Family would be the hooded figure.. That's makes outcomes so complicated and sad. :(

Same. But if, worst case scenario, it had to be one of them, I somehow would rather it be an evil version of Jin Gyeom than Min Hyuk. Maybe because we already know one Evil Jin Gyeom exists, so the idea's easier to wrap my head around.

4 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

The reason why I find Shunji is a lost hufflepuff(He used to be not judgemental and value a person's inner self, loyal, not ambitious) and not true Slytherin is because he didn't enjoy being the Slytherin. He just ended up going blindly so deep into the role of a despicable soul he just didn't couldn't bring himself back to his old self nor did he try to come in terms with what he had become!

And the sad thing is that Shunji's dark turn was almost entirely done with good intentions: a desire to both avenge his brother and replace him in his father's eyes. Kang To's dark turn, by comparison, had some element of personal ambition or greed; in addition to wanting to help his brother, he was also tired of being pushed around just for being Korean.

And isn't Shunji's situation so similar to Sirius Black situation? Not character wise, just the family circumstances. Shunji's family being the Pureblood like the Blacks and him associating himself with unspeakable mixed blood or muggleborn, happy being by their side like Sirius.

lol - Now that brings me back. I haven't worked with the Gaksital characters in ages, but I do remember that being one of my favourite aspects of writing Shunji's character ;) 

But I see you considered his Hufflepuff traits too..so it's just he has both traits. I find Hwang Tae Hee as a kind soul to everyone. He seemed to be understanding of everyone tried to be understanding and sometimes mentor of both sides whenever he was in between choices. Like his mother vs. Ja Eun. His brother Tae Beom vs. sis-in-law Soo Young etc.

lol - @kireeti2 said more about Tae Hui's Hufflepuff traits than me; I just pointed out that I could see them without specifying how :P 

Which makes me wonder: what about the other three brothers? Personally, I could see Tae Beom as a Ravenclaw with some Slytherin traits (given his intelligence, but also his shady methods as a reporter) and Tae Pil as a Slytherin (because I tend to associate Slytherins with being good businessmen, and his conman side job also works with the trickster side of that house). However, neither fit is perfect, and I'm drawing blanks on Tae Sik entirely. So...anybody?

It's interesting that so many of our's actually matched. Looks like they got solid traits from their respective houses! 

I was actually expecting some variation for Park Si On (who could also arguably be Ravenclaw) and Cha Yoo Jin (who also has some Gryffindor traits - mostly in his stubborn streak and his willingness to stick his neck out for his friends), but we actually all focused on the same aspects of both characters :D 

Coming back to the Nae Il's Cantabile characters, I didn't mention him before, but I definitely think Yoo Il Rak is a classic Gryffindor ;) As for Lee Yoon Hoo - the wild card - I...somehow see elements of both Gryffindor and Hufflepuff in him. Like, he's definitely got the kindness and people skills of Hufflepuff down pat - and that's also in line with his desire to get away from the toxic competitive world he was in before - but I can also see the Sorting Hat putting him in Gryffindor to give him the boost in courage he needs to confront his fears.

Actor Joo-Won Fan Alliance,'donating 3 tns of rice for the vulnerable'

Thanks for sharing! I know it was JW's fans rather than JW himself doing this, but I love that he also gave them a shoutout on Instagram :) 

Park Jin Gyeom and Yoo Min Hyuk's behind-the-scenes footage, with English subs (yes, I know embedding is allowed, but it's also refusing to load properly for me when I do):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGpTHl1nPoC/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGpTmgRHl8_/

• Like 2