Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

2 hours ago, kittyna said:

Which makes me wonder: what do the places we see in Alice tell us about the characters who live in them? Like, we have Tae Yi's house, Jin Gyeom's apartment (I mean the one where he lives alone), Jin Gyeom's childhood home, the "Alice" hotel/centre (which I personally associate as being Min Hyuk's space), Seok Oh Won's office.... I feel like all of these spaces were designed very deliberately to reflect the characters - does anybody here think so, too?

Yes, I think it's the core Idea behind showing the rooms of the main characters or the place where they live.It also reflects the way they want to live, for example I find PSY house normal, which reflects her mindset that she wanted to give a normal and happy life for her son.

From what we've seen so far, Captain Go's wife is just an adorable ahjumma

Yeah, she is adorable, no wonder Detective Go went as far as to kill JG for her, but I do think after Detective Go's death, JG will look after her, perhaps he will move in. And DY will also there to help them out, at this point I guess JG might realize the importance of DY, and he might have love line between them.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Yes, I think it's the core Idea behind showing the rooms of the main characters or the place where they live.It also reflects the way they want to live, for example I find PSY house normal, which reflects her mindset that she wanted to give a normal and happy life for her son.

That's a really good point: that Jin Gyeom's childhood home is a reflection of Park Sun Young's tastes, as well as her aspirations for herself and her son. If I were to look at it like that, I agree with you about her desire for just an ordinary life, and I also think the house shows her desire for home to be a place of comfort and safety.

Which makes the fact that that's also where she dies so much more traumatizing for Jin Gyeom :criesariver: Good thing he's able to keep his happy associations with the place intact :allgoodlol:

By extension, now that I think about it, there are probably influences from both parents in Jin Gyeom's own style - despite not knowing who his father is, Jin Gyeom's apartment seems to be a good middle ground between the warm and homey place where he grew up and the more sterile-looking minimalism we see in 2050.

10 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Yeah, she is adorable, no wonder Detective Go went as far as to kill JG for her, but I do think after Detective Go's death, JG will look after her, perhaps he will move in. And DY will also there to help them out, at this point I guess JG might realize the importance of DY, and he might have love line between them.

I haven't thought as far ahead as you yet, mostly because we're still not even sure if Go Hyung Seok dies in Episode 11 or not :P But if he does - either then or later on in the drama - I hope that Jin Gyeom will find it in him to look out for Captain Go's wife regardless. It'd be hard for him, especially if he's aware of the connection with his own mother's death, but I do hope he succeeds.

Come to think of it, the writers have paced the narrative in such a way that just as one familial relationship is slowly edging towards reconciliation (Yoo Min Hyuk and Park Jin Gyeom), another one is slowly falling apart (Go Hyung Seok and Park Jin Gyeom). So kudos to them on that.

Oh. And by the way...

Happy Chuseok, Everybody!

52e5fff7b645f715cea1c551301796e8.jpg

(Speaking of which, somebody needs to arrange for JW to have a new photo shoot wearing modern hanbok - the last one was ages ago! So I'm making do with a My Sassy Girl pic instead.)

Massive Chuseok feast posted by JW on Instagram

Looks like he's still got work, though, despite the holiday

Chuseok greetings from JW and his agency - There are a ton of these posts, each one featuring a small group of the actors signed on with the agency. I don't know what they're actually saying in the text messages, though. And for anyone who's curious, the updated roster for who's in the agency can be found here - it's changed considerably over the years, but it's good to see that some familiar names and faces are still there.

(Also, @flutterby06 re: questions about the agency, it is an official name change. However, I don't know if there's any particular reason for it like a takeover or merger, or whether it's just a simple rebranding.)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kittyna said:

Happy Chuseok, Everybody!

Lol, The famous dimple couple, even though the drama was mediocre, I really enjoyed their chemistry. I hope we could have a drama in near future with these two, hopefully with a nice story

Chuseok greetings from JW and his agency - There are a ton of these posts, each one featuring a small group of the actors signed on with the agency. I don't know what they're actually saying in the text messages, though. And for anyone who's curious, the updated roster for who's in the agency can be found here - it's changed considerably over the years, but it's good to see that some familiar names and faces are still there.

Here is the translated version

Come to think of it, the writers have paced the narrative in such a way that just as one familial relationship is slowly edging towards reconciliation (Yoo Min Hyuk and Park Jin Gyeom), another one is slowly falling apart (Go Hyung Seok and Park Jin Gyeom). So kudos to them on that.

I don't think we can compare MH with Detective Go, JG never lets anyone get close to him, like he is always activates some kind of defense mechanism whenever someone tries to get close to him, I think it is his character and has nothing to do with his condition. MH has to do lot of work in order to gain JG's trust and MH sort of always ends up at the wrong place in the wrong time when comes to JG, so, they might get close, but I think it'll be in episode 14 or 15.

It'd be hard for him, especially if he's aware of the connection with his own mother's death, but I do hope he succeeds.

The way I see it, he really doesn't blame anyone when it comes to his mom's murder, of course he is trying to catch the killer, but it is more like to know the reason behind it or he is looking for some kind relief for his emotional baggage by catching the criminal. So, I really don't think he will have hard time looking after Go's wife and on top of that she is a victim too, like, she has done nothing wrong and in the end she lost the her husband which looks like all she got in her life after death of her son.In fact joo won might get that motherly attention that he might have lost due to the death of PSY, I think we may not see it happening by in the end writers may make it look like she had some kind of positive effect on his behavior

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I don't think we can compare MH with Detective Go, JG never lets anyone get close to him, like he is always activates some kind of defense mechanism whenever someone tries to get close to him, I think it is his character and has nothing to do with his condition. MH has to do lot of work in order to gain JG's trust and MH sort of always ends up at the wrong place in the wrong time when comes to JG, so, they might get close, but I think it'll be in episode 14 or 15.

I see. Now that I think about it, I also think we need to consider the possibility that we won't get a full reconciliation within the drama itself - but instead have an open ending that allows us to look ahead to that point in the future. Because you're right about Jin Gyeom being generally cautious around people, and that's not even including all the stuff that's built up inside of him against his father and against Min Hyuk as separate entities.

Just like Tae Yi, in the absence of childhood memories that could explain how she wound up at the orphanage, ended up appropriating the standard orphan narrative (i.e. that she was left there by a mother who didn't want her anymore), I can actually imagine Jin Gyeom doing something similar. I doubt Park Sun Young would have ever spoken ill about Jin Gyeom's father (she does still love Min Hyuk, after all), but I don't think she told her son much about him either. So it's possible that Jin Gyeom, in the absence of any broader context, would also appropriate the standard narrative for kids from single-mother households: a father who got his girlfriend/lover pregnant but who then refused to take responsibility by marrying her.

Add to that all the stuff about Min Hyuk looking awfully suspicious and shady in Jin Gyeom's eyes, and...yeah, I think them getting close might only be possible if the writers resort to some rushed "deus ex machina" type gimmicks. :P 

3 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

The way I see it, he really doesn't blame anyone when it comes to his mom's murder, of course he is trying to catch the killer, but it is more like to know the reason behind it or he is looking for some kind relief for his emotional baggage by catching the criminal. So, I really don't think he will have hard time looking after Go's wife and on top of that she is a victim too, like, she has done nothing wrong and in the end she lost the her husband which looks like all she got in her life after death of her son.

I think Jin Gyeom's response will depend on the extent to which Captain Go's wife is involved in whatever it is her husband's doing - it's still open right now, so we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 2

@kireeti2 - Aw, those pictures are cute! Thanks for sharing :) 

I love seeing behind-the-scenes moments like these, especially since we can tell from their Instagram posts and comments that the Alice cast got along really well during filming.

JW's Instagram update - It looks like Ghost performances have started.

Another Alice costume tidbit, again from eagle-eyed viewers - Once again, I have to give kudos to the stylists for giving Jin Gyeom a realistically priced wardrobe :) This post is about his sweater, but I did end up looking up the brand of jeans he's been wearing - and again, the prices seem reasonable for his character.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

Aw, those pictures are cute! Thanks for sharing

Yeah, I agree. The main cast off screen chemistry is really good. Kim Hee Seon and Lee Da In are almost like sisters and JW and KW are like best friends

JW's Instagram update - It looks like Ghost performances have started.

Looks like Joo won has no day-off, he has been working and continuously promoting drama and Musical

• Like 2

I knew it was definitely going to be quieter than usual this weekend, what with Alice taking a hiatus for Chuseok and all that. So here I am with the first half of the bigger interactive I've planned - a new musical challenge.

As some of you may know, I've already done this with musical theatre numbers several times on this forum. However, this time around, I'm both narrowing and changing up the playing field a bit to something a bit more lighthearted: songs from Disney movies.

(You know, since Disney forms a big part of my playlist anyway :P )

Just like with the earlier musical theatre challenges, I'm splitting this up into at least two rounds that (hopefully) will last us until next Friday, when Alice broadcasts resume. And, as usual, I'm starting with the guys first. No sexism intended - it's just that JW's a guy, so.... Don't worry; you'll love what I have planned for the girls when the time comes ;) 

Spoiler

Disney-Drama Character Associations: Round One (Guys)

If you've seen the musical theatre version of this, you already know the drill. But just in case you need a refresher, the question is simple: which male character from JW's dramas comes to your mind when you hear each song, and why?

Again: answers can be ANY male character (lead, supporting, random extras you could describe but can't name, etc.) from ANY of JW's dramas. The only rule here is that you can't name the same drama character twice ;) 

No right or wrong answers - in true Disney spirit, just let your imagination go wild! :approves:

1. "You're Welcome" (from Moana)

Disney character: Maui

2. "Strangers Like Me" (from Tarzan - this arrangement's from the stage musical version, though)

Disney character: Tarzan

Lyrics (in case you need them)

3. "Be Prepared" (from The Lion King)

Disney character: Scar

4. "Immortals" (from Big Hero 6 - this video is the music video version; the original movie scene can be found here)

Disney character: Hiro Hamada (it's not him singing, but it is from his perspective. And in my opinion at least, the "you" in the song is referring to his older brother, Tadashi, who died under mysterious circumstances - the explosion seen in the video - and whose death he's trying to investigate with the help of their friends, who are all STEM research students, and the robot Tadashi was developing at the time.)

5. "I'll Make a Man Out of You" (from Mulan)

Disney character: Li Shang

6. "I'm Still Here" (from Treasure Planet - highly underrated film, if you ask me ;))

Disney character: Jim Hawkins (again, not him singing, but it is his perspective)

Lyrics (if anyone needs them)

7. "Heaven's Light" (from The Hunchback of Notre Dame - again, this is the stage musical arrangement)

Disney character: Quasimodo

Lyrics

8. "Evermore" (from Beauty and the Beast)

Disney character: The Beast

7 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Looks like Joo won has no day-off, he has been working and continuously promoting drama and Musical

Yeah - JW's always been something of a workaholic like that. Maybe that's why some sort of wish for his fans to be healthy is his most common greeting :P 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

On 10/3/2020 at 5:21 AM, kittyna said:

which male character from JW's dramas comes to your mind when you hear each song, and why?

It is more like male lead

1. "You're Welcome" (from Mo

Gyun Woo- Because initially he was cocky just like the male lead in the musical when he first met the princess

2. "Strangers Like Me" (from Tarzan 

Han Gil-Ro- I find hims also wild and carefree like Tarzan but in Urban jungle

Han Do Joon- Just like the scar he has also surrounded himself with his minions and always plotting to take his sisters throne

4. "Immortals" (from Big Hero 6 

This one is tough, since there is no big role of child character in Joo won's drama. Also, the video was strange, I was expecting to see clips from Big Hero 6. I will go with Kim Tak- Ku, no special reason, but his situation is sort of similar with "Hiro Hamada".

Hiro Hamada (it's not him singing

Lol, even if you hadn't mentioned it I would have known, it is sort of weird name for a Caucasian guy

Lee Kang- No special reason, but these two have tendency to underestimate others and look down on others

6. "I'm Still Here" (from Treasure Planet

Hmm. Rebellious, I will go with Ku Ma Jun

7. "Heaven's Light" (from The Hunchback of Notre Dame 

Park Si-On before meeting Cha Yoo Seon

Park Jin Gyeom, not the perfect one but close enough

Apologies for not listing the reasons behind my choices, I really couldn't  think of any

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kireeti2 said:

Apologies for not listing the reasons behind my choices, I really couldn't  think of any

That's okay - I'm just glad to see a response from you at all :) I mean, rationally, I was sure that maybe you were just busy or tired - or that this challenge was just uber-tough - but, well, with the news that's coming out from India lately re: COVID-19 case counts...you can't blame me for being just a tad worried, you know?

So it's all good :allgoodlol:

Given that, though, I thought your answers were really interesting, mostly because there's not much overlap with my own this time around. :) 

Gyun Woo- Because initially he was cocky just like the male lead in the musical when he first met the princess

This would never have crossed my mind, but now that you mention his cockiness at the beginning of the drama...yeah, I get you ;) 

This one is tough, since there is no big role of child character in Joo won's drama. Also, the video was strange, I was expecting to see clips from Big Hero 6. I will go with Kim Tak- Ku, no special reason, but his situation is sort of similar with "Hiro Hamada".

That's why I included a link to the original scene from the film - the music video does have some clips from Big Hero 6, but in a way that actually sketches out the entire plot in broad strokes rather than focusing on a particular moment. (Can you tell this is one of my personal favourite Disney films out there? :P)

But given that, now that you mention it, I can see Tak Gu's determination here :) Again, he's not who I thought of at first (you'll see more on that once my full response is ready), but I can see it working now.

Hmm. Rebellious, I will go with Ku Ma Jun

Again - not one I would have thought of, but that's really starting to grow on me now. Actually, out of all the surprise answers, I think this one's my favourite. :approves:

By the way, with the new behind-the-scenes photos from Alice released in place of new episodes, I definitely think JW's nailed the "In Costume vs. In Character" type meme. Same deal with this pic, too (which also happens to be my favourite in the entire set).

And just thought I'd share this one because I think we can all relate: both to stanning JW, and to being used to seeing his name tacked on closer to the end :P 

• Like 2

And here I am with my responses to the Disney-Drama Character Associations challenge.

Spoiler

1. "You're Welcome" (from Moana)

I think @kireeti2 and I were on similar trains of thought, with the whole concept of looking for a character who's good at heart, but who can also be such a cocky know-it-all that you just want to smack him sometimes :P However, rather than Gyun Woo, the character I wound up thinking of was Hwang Tae Beom from Ojakgyo Brothers - especially the way he was at the very beginning of the drama, in his "Yeah, I know I'm awesome - problem?" attitude towards the people around him.

(Bonus silly just-for-laughs answer: Kim Dong Ho from Alice on the basis that, "I know it's a lot - the hair, the bod! - when you're staring at a demi-god" actually sounds like a viable pick-up line that he'd say...after which point, either Jin Gyeom or Captain Go would probably be like, "Go home, dude - you're drunk.")

2. "Strangers Like Me" (from Tarzan)

lol - There were two places where I was able to put Park Si On in this, and since @kireeti2 already covered one (#7), I'm gonna put him here. :P I will admit that Si On and Tarzan don't have much in common as individuals, but I think there's something to be said here about Si On's growing curiosity about the world outside his little bubble (especially the hospital, but also just society in general), and about how he sees Cha Yoon Seo as his main pathway to understanding that world. If nothing else, Si On has this point in common with Tarzan: what started as curiosity towards the girl becomes a desire for companionship that ends up slowly evolving into love :) 

Okay, so most of the villains in JW's dramas have a ton more character depth than your classic cartoon villain, although Scar is getting up there with his perfectly logical grounds for plotting against his brother (you know, since The Lion King is basically a kidified version of Hamlet ;)). Han Do Joon's a really awesome pick in that regard, but for the sake of having someone different, I'm gonna go with Jung Ki Joon from My Sassy Girl. So, he's not the King's brother (although wouldn't that be fun?), but he does believe that his own clan (the Jung clan) has a rightful claim to the throne against the Lee clan (the actual royal house of Joseon) - also, in classic villain fashion, Jung Ki Joon's the only one out of his group of ministers who's actually got some brains ;) 

4. "Immortals" (from Big Hero 6)

This is actually where I'm putting Park Jin Gyeom - although I will admit that putting him anywhere is a stretch, since he's not the sort of character whose thoughts/feelings are expressed easily in a song. However, there are two main reasons for my choice. First of all: Big Hero 6 and Alice, despite being designed for child and adult audiences respectively, have some really similar contours in their plots (at least, going from what we've seen of Alice so far). Secondly, I found all the references in the song to time ("I am the sand in the bottom half of the hourglass" - i.e. I'm the one who reaps the benefits of your sacrifices; "I'm still comparing your past to my future"), life/death ("I try to picture me without you, but I can't), and immortality ("We could be immortals - just not for long") to be really interesting, if we consider Jin Gyeom's desire to make up for lost time with his mother by trying to protect Tae Yi at all costs.

I will confess to going with the obvious answer by picking Kang Joon Young from My Sassy Girl here, as both he and Li Shang are these aloof/stoic warrior types. However, while Joon Young doesn't possess the domineering attitude that you see in the song, @kireeti2, I will say that I...actually didn't interpret Li Shang's comments in that way. Instead, I noticed that although he's training soldiers for the army, many of the traits he associates with masculinity are hints at inner character rather than outward physical strength (or, more precisely, outward strength as a reflection of inner character). And that, at least, I would argue is a major driving force in Kang Joon Young's character, too: that it's not just enough to be good at fighting to earn his respect, you need to be a good person as well.

6. "I'm Still Here" (from Treasure Planet)

This one's actually the toughest for me out of all the prompts. On the one hand, Jim Hawkins is a headstrong, snarky, rebellious teenager - but on the other hand, he's like that because he's become jaded and closed off from others by the rough childhood he had (growing up in a single-mother household after his parents' divorce - not to mention that his father was emotionally distant to begin with). So I get that sense of a rough exterior that actually masks a more vulnerable need for emotional support, especially from a paternal figure...and answering with Gu Ma Jun would be an overlap and I want to minimize that if I could. Okay, you know what? Even though there's literally nothing they have in common externally or in their stories, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Cha Yoo Jin from Nae Il's Cantabile, solely because of that arrogant-exterior-meets-softer-interior thing.

(And, yes, this one entry was literally me just writing out my thoughts on the spot - I really was stuck for this one up until now ;))

7. "Heaven's Light" (from Hunchback of Notre Dame)

Okay, so @kireeti2 already went with my first choice (Park Si On), so I'm gonna share my second/back-up pick: Lee Yoon Hoo from Nae Il's Cantabile. It sounds counterintuitive, I know, but for me, since I can't pick a character with an actual disability like Quasimodo (because I already put Si On for #2), I decided to take a different approach and focus on how deeply touched Quasimodo was to get even just a little bit of genuine kindness from a girl he's just met (and for whom, ultimately, he harbors a one-sided, unrequited crush). That made me think back on how Yoon Hoo's never had any real friends - only frenemies/rivals - and how he completely falls for Nae Il because she cares for others with no strings attached.

Funny that both @kireeti2 and I thought of Alice for this one...but in completely opposite directions :P Because again, while it's not a perfect match, I wound up thinking of Yoo Min Hyuk. Like the Beast, he is separated from the woman he loves because her priorities are for someone else (for Belle, it's her father; for 2050-Tae Yi, it's her son); and like the Beast, it's out of love that Min Hyuk is able to let Tae Yi go (I know she actually runs off without asking, but I mean in his heart). And while he might shut himself up behind this unfeeling mask - and even blow up in angry outbursts against the notion of love - that's actually a defence mechanism; he actually still loves her deep inside, and always will.

Dang...even with just one overlap (#7 - for which I used a back-up response), this round was tougher than I thought it would be. But it was fun, nonetheless :) 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

12 hours ago, kittyna said:

That's okay - I'm just glad to see a response from you at all :) I mean, rationally, I was sure that maybe you were just busy or tired - or that this challenge was just uber-tough - but, well, with the news that's coming out from India lately re: COVID-19 case counts...you can't blame me for being just a tad worried, you know?

No, it is not because of the challenge. I had exam to attend and was totally exhausted by the time I was done. And, yeah cases are rising in India, but now recovery rates are more than infection rate, so, I am not saying it is bad, vulnerable section are still suffering due to lock down and not able to get medical attentions for other diseases.

7 hours ago, kittyna said:

Dang...even with just one overlap (#7 - for which I used a back-up response), this round was tougher than I thought it would be. But it was fun, nonetheless

It was fun and challenging at the same time. I think the overlap is due to the musical characters have lot of similarities with the Joo won's main leads

8 hours ago, kittyna said:

limb and say Cha Yoo Jin from Nae Il's Cantabile, solely because of that arrogant-exterior-meets-softer-interior thing.

I thought of picking up Cha Yoo jin too, but I did not choose him to avoid overlap:P

Overall, we managed to avoid overlapping^_^

• LOL 2

45 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

I thought of picking up Cha Yoo jin too, but I did not choose him to avoid overlap:P

:loolz: Really?!?! I was expecting to wake up this morning to a reply of, "What the hell was up with that answer?", but you actually thought of him, too???

46 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

No, it is not because of the challenge. I had exam to attend and was totally exhausted by the time I was done. And, yeah cases are rising in India, but now recovery rates are more than infection rate, so, I am not saying it is bad, vulnerable section are still suffering due to lock down and not able to get medical attentions for other diseases.

Glad to hear that - hope your exam went well :) 

Spoiler

As for COVID-19, I know that in the grand scheme of things, India's been okay - it's got a notably high recovery rate, and for a country of over 1 billion people, 6-7 million people sick is still a very small part of the population. But still, looking at this as a Canadian (where our total case count is just under 165,000 right now), numbers like what we see coming from India are just mind-boggling. And then there's the US, which is just a mess :confused:

Comments on Kim Hee Sun's recent Instagram post 

Greetings from the Ghost cast - Performances start today :piggydance:

• Like 2

Really?!?! I was expecting to wake up this morning to a reply of, "What the hell was up with that answer?", but you actually thought of him, too???

I was surprised with you are Hwang Tae Beom answer, I know he is show-off but he not like that in first meeting, we can clearly see he likes to play according to the situation

Spoiler

As for COVID-19, I know that in the grand scheme of things, India's been okay - it's got a notably high recovery rate, and for a country of over 1 billion people, 6-7 million people sick is still a very small part of the population. But still, looking at this as a Canadian (where our total case count is just under 165,000 right now), numbers like what we see coming from India are just mind-boggling. And then there's the US, which is just a mess 

Well, population of Canada is much less than India and also, I am not trying to brush it off as a population thing. Everyone was expecting this, but the good thing is infection rate is high among the age group below 40, and also death rate is also low when compared to USA and Brazil, but the more worrying thing for us is unseen effects of Pandemic, like economics, education and access to Health are severely disturbed.

Greetings from the Ghost cast - Performances start today 

This is really creative

• Like 2

Okay, this isn't exactly JW-related, but it is Alice-related, so I'll share it anyway :) 

You guys all remember this scene where Yoon Tae Yi totally beat Park Jin Gyeom at building the table, right? Yeah, it turns out that Kim Hee Sun literally knows how to do it in real life. I don't know if she learned how while filming Alice (and put those skills to good use again here), or if she knew to begin with, but either way, she's awesome:piggydance:

(Scenes from a recent guest appearance on My Little Old Boy - I think the episode aired rather recently, but from the dialogue, it sounds like it was filmed in August. And for those wondering how Kim Hee Sun and Im Won Hee know each other, I can think back to them acting together in Room No. 9, at least.)

Spoiler
9 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Well, population of Canada is much less than India and also, I am not trying to brush it off as a population thing. Everyone was expecting this, but the good thing is infection rate is high among the age group below 40, and also death rate is also low when compared to USA and Brazil, but the more worrying thing for us is unseen effects of Pandemic, like economics, education and access to Health are severely disturbed.

I think everyone's feeling the long-term effects now, which is probably why a lot of countries can't do as much to prevent the spread during the second wave (which Canada is in the middle of right now) - we got the first wave under control by really clamping down on closing schools, businesses, etc., but there's no way we can realistically go into a lockdown again now as there's really only been a month or two's worth of restarting the economy before this second wave hit. So local governments have been reluctant to take that step, and the long-term effects are starting to show with a second wave that could very well turn out worse than the first.

As for the infection rate in Canada, it was higher among poor, racialized, and older people in the first wave where I live (what it did to retirement and long-term care homes was just brutal), but the second wave has been predominantly young people (i.e. people under 40) living in the dense condo-packed downtown core - so, a whole other socio-economic, racial, age-based, etc. demographic than before. However, @kireeti2, if things play out in India as they have here, you should note that COVID-19 will not stay with young people for long - the more young people get infected, the more the older generations around them will, too, and the pendulum will eventually swing back into that more vulnerable population. That's what we're dealing with now: c. 60% of new infections are still among people under 40, but it was closer to 70% not that long ago, and it's still steadily dropping. :( So don't breathe that sigh of relief just yet.

• Like 2

So, now that Round One of the Disney-Drama Character Associations Challenge has been released for a while, it's time for me to release Round Two. And this time, it's time for the girls :)

Spoiler

Disney-Drama Character Associations: Round Two (Girls)

If you've seen the musical theatre version of this, you already know the drill. But just in case you need a refresher, the question is simple: which female character from JW's dramas comes to your mind when you hear each song, and why?

Again: answers can be ANY female character (lead, supporting, random extras you could describe but can't name, etc.) from ANY of JW's dramas. The only rule here is that you can't name the same drama character twice ;) 

No right or wrong answers - in true Disney spirit, just let your imagination go wild! :hwaiting:

1. "The Place Where Lost Things Go" (from Mary Poppins Returns)

Disney character: Mary Poppins

2. "I Am Moana (Song of the Ancestors)" (from Moana)

Disney character: Moana

3. "I Won't Say I'm in Love" (from Hercules)

Disney character: Megara

4. "Loyal, Brave, and True" (from Mulan)

Disney character: Mulan

5. "That's How You Know" (from Enchanted)

Disney character: Giselle - Yes, I'm totally throwing this in just so we have at least one girly-girl in the list ;) 

6. "The Next Right Thing" (from Frozen 2)

Disney character: Anna

7. "Mother Knows Best" (from Tangled)

Disney character: Mother Gothel - and...there's my villain contribution as well ;) 

8. "Speechless" (from Aladdin)

Disney character: Jasmine

Extra challenge: since I'd already linked this song to Gu Ja Kyung from King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu once, we have to use a different JW drama character this time around. :P 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kittyna said:

Park Bok-Ja

2. "I Am Moana (Song of the Ancestors)" (from Moana)

Shim Kab-Nyeon

3. "I Won't Say I'm in Love" (from Hercules)

Yoo Chae-Kyung

4. "Loyal, Brave, and True" (from Mulan)

Mok Dan

Nae-il

Kim Do-Yeon

7. "Mother Knows Best" (from Tangled)

Seo In-Suk

8. "Speechless" (from Aladdin)

Princess Hyemyung

I am not providing my reasons, because more or less I feel like characters are self-explanatory:P. But, feel free to ask if any one of you had any question regarding my choice

• Like 2

I have been binge-watching Alice, and am I the only one who doesn't see the loveline? I feel like people are seeing a loveline only due to the fact that Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun have amazing chemistry.

From what I've seen, it's only the intl fans who see a "loveline" between them. The Korean viewers all don't and have been talking about how playing mother and son, is just a waste of their chemistry. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I am not providing my reasons, because more or less I feel like characters are self-explanatory:P. But, feel free to ask if any one of you had any question regarding my choice

That's okay - rather than questions, I actually have some reactions :) 

Park Bok-Ja

This one's really sweet, and is definitely one of my favourites out of your responses :fullofhearts:

Nae-il

lol - Nae Il's definitely the shoo-in choice for this one - which means that now I need to think of a back-up ;) 

Actually, while I was watching the video, I realized 1) the guy's reactions throughout are totally like Cha Yoo Jin's; and 2) the number of things that are mentioned in the song that Yoo Jin does end up doing in Seolleim in Salzburg eventually...which is actually pure coincidence.

Kim Do-Yeon

This one was really interesting because I don't think we've seen Kim Do Yeon being pushed into such a corner yet in Alice - however, it is nice to think that this is how she would react under the same circumstances.

So, again, I'm still thinking on my own responses (and, not counting #5, need at least one other back-up ;)), but I'll be sure to share them once I'm ready.

33 minutes ago, airplanegirl said:

I have been binge-watching Alice, and am I the only one who doesn't see the loveline? I feel like people are seeing a loveline only due to the fact that Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun have amazing chemistry.

From what I've seen, it's only the intl fans who see a "loveline" between them. The Korean viewers all don't and have been talking about how playing mother and son, is just a waste of their chemistry. 

I don't see a loveline - at least, not a complete one (although there is reasonable argument for Tae Yi having feelings for Jin Gyeom at this point) - but I will also admit to being generally blind to romance. Like, you pretty much have to hit me over the head with overtly romantic gestures like hugs or kisses for me to see it :P 

• Like 2