Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

45 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Kim Gura complained a lot about JW's Taxi stories but in JW's defense he did quite well in taxi better than many other appearance of him.. He talked about dating, rumor with other actress ( How there's news about he likes everyone of his co actress-- he was like what I am I supposed to say when you ask me if I like her and then news it as if I am in love with her!!), he did Park si on impression when they asked him to do so.. He did a lot.. but  only catch is that what he says doesn't make him cool rather give the impression of innocent and old fashioned.. that's not enough scoop for media.  Anyways Kim Gura seemed to be satisfied this time and JW seemed to be confident this time 'I am who I am" type of vibe..

In Joo Won's defense, it is hard to do a talk show/variety show or be a member. Only handful of members are able to run successful variety shows, as you can see they are like recycled in every show in every entertainment network, like members of "Knowing bros, Running Man" are in every talk shows/variety shows of different entertainment networks. These variety shows are like, they need to be entertaining every minute of the show, there should be constant jokes/pranks need to be made in order to attract viewers and many talk shows have less life or survival chances in the rating business, like if they can get enough ratings they are discontinued. The shows which were popular for sometime usually loose their shine and eventually broadcasting companies discontinues them.

53 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Have you guys watched the full episode of Radio Star yet? If you haven't here is a subtitled link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nPQP8gytnK2lAqGfNrgrx7lX8le1pdcX/view

Thanks for the link.

54 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

I noticed that Lee Da In in general sang well in the karaoke scene. 

Yeah, she sang better than Kim Hee Seon, it almost felt like I was listening to a professional singers.  Is she a ex-idol or Was she trained to be an Idol? Since lot of Idols can acting classes along with singing, so they can have an alternative career in acting.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kireeti2 said:

Yeah, she sang better than Kim Hee Seon, it almost felt like I was listening to a professional singers.  Is she a ex-idol or Was she trained to be an Idol? Since lot of Idols can acting classes along with singing, so they can have an alternative career in acting.

Young actor/actress these are better in dancing, singing, most are multi talented. I don't think she tried to be idol.. He mom and sister are actress.. You Know Lee Yu Bi? Da in little sister of her. I previously saw her in My Golden Life. She played an interesting side character in that family drama. When I saw her getting casted in Alice I thought it was a good edition but I didn't knew she would be playing such important role. She is doing good for a fairly not so experienced actress.

Don't know if it was shared here Da In uploaded this cute pic on IG in last week. Someone captioned it on twitter as "Jin Gyeom with his favorite people." I couldn't help but agree.. Though Chief Go turned out to be shady but he's in Jin Gyeom's heart nonetheless.

EiK71xYU4AAEzxF?format=jpg&name=small

I just noticed today that other than Da In, three of them are wearing costumes from Jin Gyeom's Death scene!

There's also this cute interaction between JW and KHS. She uploaded picture of Taeyi Min Hyuk and JW be like the kid who is upset seeing him absent in his parents' wedding photo- "Where am I?" KHS replied "You're not born yet baby/son" Ha ha the cast are doing promotion interestingly previously JW commented on KSY's photo 'Appa?" :P

Eiu1OLeVgAAMqFA?format=jpg&name=small

And Here JW playing E.T. with Kim Sang Ho..

EiuyAUlVgAISCw1?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3

4 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

I just hope his good boy image be intact and he can be consistent towards his personal view of being a 'Humane actor' so far people close to him also said popularity has contaminated his sincere and hard working mind.. I hope he can hold on to that not just for his supporters but for himself, so he can be proud and confident.

"Has" or "hasn't" contaminated? I think you wound up writing the opposite of what you meant, because I read "said popularity has contaminated his sincere and hard working mind" and was honestly freaked out for a second before I read the rest of your comment :sweat_smile:

(Sorry - I usually don't nitpick over people's grammar, especially since I'm well aware that Soompi is an international forum. However, when what was written is literally the exact opposite of what was meant...let's just say it's an occupational disease ;))

Have you guys watched the full episode of Radio Star yet? If you haven't here is a subtitled link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nPQP8gytnK2lAqGfNrgrx7lX8le1pdcX/view

The uploader is not in soompi but do read soompi JW thread, requested me to put it here so you all can enjoy.

Thanks for the link! Will watch when I have time (although the new episodes of Alice will probably take priority)

He did a lot.. but  only catch is that what he says doesn't make him cool rather give the impression of innocent and old fashioned.. that's not enough scoop for media.  Anyways Kim Gura seemed to be satisfied this time and JW seemed to be confident this time 'I am who I am" type of vibe..

JW's confidence took a massive boost during his Yong Pal days - we see that self-assurance already starting to form in Healing Camp, and his winning the Daesang just clinched it.

I think that 2013 (which is when we see JW leaving 1N2D, giving interviews like this one on Taxi, etc.) was a huge transition point in JW's personal journey - something of a quarter-life-crisis, if you will - where he started to rethink his personality/character, career choices, values and perspectives, etc. Part of that, from what I've managed to pick up from interviews, variety show comments, etc. stemmed from his realization that he didn't really have the "right" personality for variety shows like 1N2D (nothing wrong with that, but it still needed to be addressed), and part of it (I think) was from playing Park Si On in Good Doctor. I couldn't help but notice that JW's comments about wanting to stay "pure/innocent" and not change closely paralleled what Park Si On was going through, so I think that playing the role actually pushed JW to reflect back on himself and no longer fear that natural process of growing up. 

By 2015, we start to see the end product of that transition, and I think that now, post-enlistment, he's gotten even more confident. JW now seems convinced that the personality traits and values that make him who he is are things that he should be proud of, and that's a huge step. I recall JW saying once that there's a saying that goes, "Life begins at 30" or something like that - it's actually inspired by an actual Chinese saying that's also been borrowed into Korean culture: At 30 I stood firm | 三十而立. What it means is that, according to Confucian philosophy, 30 is the age when one is finally sure about one's values and way in life, and it's nice to see that paralleled in JW's actual experiences in his late 20s/early 30s.

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

He mom and sister are actress.. You Know Lee Yu Bi? Da in little sister of her. I previously saw her in My Golden Life. She played an interesting side character in that family drama. When I saw her getting casted in Alice I thought it was a good edition but I didn't knew she would be playing such important role. She is doing good for a fairly not so experienced actress.

Wait - Lee Da In is Lee Yu Bi's little sister? I didn't know that! Both of them seem to do a good job playing these cute-but-sassy characters :) 

There's also this cute interaction between JW and KHS. She uploaded picture of Taeyi Min Hyuk and JW be like the kid who is upset seeing him absent in his parents' wedding photo- "Where am I?" KHS replied "You're not born yet baby/son" Ha ha the cast are doing promotion interestingly previously JW commented on KSY's photo 'Appa?" :P

:loolz: I love how the Alice cast has just taken this whole "family" idea and run with it! I hope they keep that up, because it's been hilarious. The fans have been loving this new exchange between JW and Kim Hee Sun, too - many have also pitched in with replies along the lines of, "You weren't born yet." One actually said, "Jin Gyeom-ah, you're still in the process", which just made me lose it :lol:

(I haven't seen Kwak Si Yang joining in yet - maybe he replied to JW's "Appa?" comment and I just don't know - but he did recently post a baby picture of himself with a caption self-identifying as "Min Hyuk", so....)

I just noticed today that other than Da In, three of them are wearing costumes from Jin Gyeom's Death scene!

JW's also still got the fake blood on him :P 

Another awesome piece of fanart - Honestly, how fast is this artist, though???

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, kittyna said:

"Has" or "hasn't" contaminated? I think you wound up writing the opposite of what you meant, because I read "said popularity has contaminated his sincere and hard working mind" and was honestly freaked out for a second before I read the rest of your comment :sweat_smile:

(Sorry - I usually don't nitpick over people's grammar, especially since I'm well aware that Soompi is an international forum. However, when what was written is literally the exact opposite of what was meant...let's just say it's an occupational disease ;))

Well my bad..Thanks for mentioning it..because if not you guys someone may've misunderstood if they suddenly read that line without not reading my previous posts..:sweatingbullets:

53 minutes ago, kittyna said:

:loolz: I love how the Alice cast has just taken this whole "family" idea and run with it! I hope they keep that up, because it's been hilarious. The fans have been loving this new exchange between JW and Kim Hee Sun, too - many have also pitched in with replies along the lines of, "You weren't born yet." One actually said, "Jin Gyeom-ah, you're still in the process", which just made me lose it :lol:

(I haven't seen Kwak Si Yang joining in yet - maybe he replied to JW's "Appa?" comment and I just don't know - but he did recently post a baby picture of himself with a caption self-identifying as "Min Hyuk", so....)

Yeah the cast interaction are quite fun.. Some of them are carefully uploading photo's that are consistent with the episode running that day or the next.

Why'd KSY upload picture of his baby self. Is it to because of Chuseok. Because he is waering hanbok?

Speaking of Chuseok Alice will not be aired next week due to Chu Seok.. I saw in next weeks teaser many Korean viewers are complaining why Alice won't be aired on Chuseok.. They're looking forward to next episode. Honestly after watching episode 10 and episode 11 teaser I feel sad.. Jin Gyeom is so very pitiful.. why does it have to be someone he feels so close with..:cry: Why does it have to be like this... JW's eyes..:bawling:

Don't watch it if you're not looking for spoiler. Many dreaded this already though.

Spoiler

• Like 3

Why'd KSY upload picture of his baby self. Is it to because of Chuseok. Because he is waering hanbok?

Speaking of Chuseok Alice will not be aired next week due to Chu Seok.. I saw in next weeks teaser many Korean viewers are complaining why Alice won't be aired on Chuseok.. They're looking forward to next episode.

Personally, I don't mind the show taking a hiatus for Chuseok. The way I see it, Chuseok/Mid-Autumn Festival (if you're Chinese like me)/etc. are big family-oriented celebrations with their own traditions. Under those circumstances, it's hard to say how many people would actually be watching TV at night, so maybe taking a break is for the best in the long run.

Of course, I don't know if SBS does Chuseok specials or anything like that (like what KBS used to do), but if they do... *fingers crossed* Or, if that's asking too much, I do hope we at least get some sort of Chuseok greeting from the cast members: either together or separately. Hey, if they do it separately on their respective Instagram accounts, we might get more in-character shenanigans from this family - wouldn't that be fun? :) 

Honestly after watching episode 10 and episode 11 teaser I feel sad.. Jin Gyeom is so very pitiful.. why does it have to be someone he feels so close with..:cry: Why does it have to be like this... JW's eyes..

Thanks for the heads-up. I saw the Episode 11 teaser (since, for some reason, I tend to watch the next episode's preview before watching the current episode - maybe just to get a general sense where things are going first), and I feel like Episodes 9 and 10 are gonna be heartwrenching to get through. :criesariver:

Also, out of all the new stills that have been released for this pair of episodes - if you told me this was Park Si On instead of Park Jin Gyeom, I would've believed you. Like, seriously, what's with that cute face??? :omg:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

There's also this cute interaction between JW and KHS. She uploaded picture of Taeyi Min Hyuk and JW be like the kid who is upset seeing him absent in his parents' wedding photo- "Where am I?" KHS replied "You're not born yet baby/son" Ha ha the cast are doing promotion interestingly previously JW commented on KSY's photo 'Appa?" 

Lol! Kim Hee Seo and her witty replies never fails to make me laugh :joy: That's one hell of a cute family

6 hours ago, kittyna said:

Also, out of all the new stills that have been released for this pair of episodes - if you told me this was Park Si On instead of Park Jin Gyeom, I would've believed you.

I am still having hard time seeing JG as Park Si-On, there is this innocent look on PKS every time he comes on the screen, maybe it's the Joo won's way of switching on/off the innocent look of his characters. In this picture I find similarities between both the characters, but there is also a distinction, like, PKS does have hard time showing his feelings just like JG,but JG character lacks child like innocence.

8 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Speaking of Chuseok Alice will not be aired next week due to Chu Seok.. I saw in next weeks teaser many Korean viewers are complaining why Alice won't be aired on Chuseok.

What? But in the website it is showing that it will be aired next week as per schedule

8 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Jin Gyeom is so very pitiful.. why does it have to be someone he feels so close with..:cry: Why does it have to be like this... JW's eyes..

Well, on the bright side that's one hell of twist in the drama, like, in the beginning I thought Detective Ko will be the last guy to hurt JG, but he doing this to save his wife, so, the writers should also mention background story of Detective Ko and his motivation to work for the "Teacher".

• Like 3

I'll do replies at some other time, but I actually had a rare free Saturday night, so I'm getting to my take on Episode 9 of Alice early!

Spoiler

There's definitely more of a "second half" feel to this episode, insofar that I feel like we're finally getting more answers than questions. And slowly, the truths will out - Yoo Min Hyuk's finally put the pieces together just who Park Jin Gyeom is, and Yoon Tae Yi has also come away with some answers as well.

Not that she likes what she sees, and I don't blame her. I think there's a reasonable argument now that there won't be much of a love line between Yoon Tae Yi and Park Jin Gyeom anymore, simply because romance (or the potential of a romance) is pretty much the last thing on her mind right now. She knows she cares deeply for Jin Gyeom, and she wants to do everything in her power to protect him, but what is there to be done when there's literally just a week left? (Sun Young/Tae Yi's birthday is October 7, and Jin Gyeom's date of death - according to his grave marker in 2021 - is October 15.)

And I have to give it to both Kim Hee Sun and the screenwriters here for being able to get at so many nuances in Tae Yi's conflicting emotions right now: she's clearly badly shaken by what she discovered in her time travel, and she's desperately searching for answers, but there's a part of her that I think was still in denial...until Jin Gyeom gave her the necklace. It's like, somehow, that's the one thing that she needs to fully realize that she may, in fact, be powerless to stop what feels inevitable.

By the way, it's worth pointing out that both parallel versions of Tae Yi - the one from 2050 (i.e. Park Sun Young) and the one from 2020 - have both been completely turned off the concept of time travel now, each in her own way. And somehow, I sense that Park Jin Gyeom forms a big part of the impetus behind this change of heart for both of them as well.

And speaking of Jin Gyeom, can we talk about this whole "controlling time" aspect for a second? I'm still trying to wrap my head around it, to be honest, because right now, it does seem like Jin Gyeom has somehow managed to pick up this ability (or he had it all along and it's just manifesting now), but having the ability to stop time temporarily is not the same as controlling time. Clearly, this new power has a mind of its own, with Jin Gyeom just being its vessel - at least for the time being. So I do wonder what role it's going to play in the rest of the drama.

Also, I definitely came away from this episode way more curious about Oh Shi Young than before. For someone who was 2050-Tae Yi's friend at one point, there's a ton of pent-up resentment inside of her, as evidenced by her comments to Jin Gyeom about his mother. And I dunno - I hope the drama doesn't just go with the "romantic rivals" explanation, because that's 1) really cliché, and 2) hardly a way to get more depth in Oh Shi Young as a character. Like, I concede that she does have feelings for Min Hyuk, but that's hardly enough to go from "She's not just your girlfriend; she's my friend" (to Min Hyuk) to, "You're just like your mother - if the two of you die, you're only getting what's yours" (to Jin Gyeom) - especially since, for the people in "Alice", these two incidents are just a year apart. So, yep - the writers have some serious explaining to do here.

That aside, though, I did enjoy this episode overall. I thought the scenes shot inside the house - with Jin Gyeom in 2020 and Tae Yi in 2021 - were brilliantly done (just gorgeous editing throughout), and I also thought the whole hair-washing scene was really cute. Definitely got more parent-child than couple vibes there, though: especially with how Tae Yi teased Jin Gyeom by tapping him on the nose like that :) Also, it's worth noting that Jin Gyeom's feelings for Tae Yi are still firmly rooted in his longing for his mother: I noticed that when he found Tae Yi in the cemetery, he ends up looking behind her at his mother's photo; and it's memories of his mother's birthday (and ultimately death day) that end up coaxing a full-blown celebration for Tae Yi out from him.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, Nella2019 said:

Just a wild speculation, depending on how far in the future the time travelers are, but is it possible that the Professor is actually his grandmother or even great????

You mean, what if Park Sun Young is actually Yoon Tae Yi's future daughter or granddaughter? Theoretically, that's possible, but I'm not sure if that's the route the drama is going to take.

It sounds more like they're going with the parallel universe theory, where someone called "Yoon Tae Yi" (who looks like Kim Hee Sun :P) exists in both worlds, but not literally at the same time so they end up different ages. If you look at the two universes working on parallel timelines, then 2020-Tae Yi is technically older than 2050-Tae Yi (that is, if the age given on her fake ID as Park Sun Young is actually correct and she really was just 25 when she went from 2050 to 1992). However, because 2050-Tae Yi stays in the universe where she doesn't technically belong, both parallel versions co-exist as two people with their separate paths in life.

And I think this - combined with the radiation - can explain all the ways that Jin Gyeom is different from anyone from either parallel universe right now: because rather than the possibility of there being two versions of him (i.e. one from each universe), they're somehow both combined into a single entity. 

Either that, or, as "Alice"'s doctor pointed out, the radiation caused more genetic mutations than just the one behind Jin Gyeom's alexithymia. Hearing her describe it to Min Hyuk, I'm not surprised now that 1) he was so quick to suggest an abortion in 1992; and 2) he and so many others automatically assumed that his son was already dead. It does sound like that was the general consensus in the medical community in 2050, according to this drama: that the severe dose of radiation incurred in the midst of time travel would cause spontaneous genetic mutations in the fetus, leading it to either die in utero (at which point the mother miscarries) or be stillborn (i.e. born dead or dying immediately after birth). Even in the off chance that the child does survive, it sounds like the assumption was that the child would suffer such severe developmental defects that his/her life would be a living hell.

From that standpoint, I can understand Min Hyuk's suggestion for an abortion (in comparison to Oh Shi Young's) as coming out of love: he believes that it's the most humane choice for both Sun Young and their child. But now that he knows the truth - that Sun Young is dead but their child survived and, alexithymia aside, has been otherwise healthy - I think he's going to do everything he can to make sure Jin Gyeom continues to survive, at least.

8 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Well, on the bright side that's one hell of twist in the drama, like, in the beginning I thought Detective Ko will be the last guy to hurt JG, but he doing this to save his wife, so, the writers should also mention background story of Detective Ko and his motivation to work for the "Teacher".

Spoiler

And now it's time for my own wild speculation: seeing Go Hyung Seok's dark turn now - including the scar that suggests he's a time traveler as well - it actually crossed my mind whether there were two of him, too. Sort of like what happened with the mother who traveled back in time and killed her past self in order to replace her - what if the Go Hyung Seok we see now isn't the same as the one who took Jin Gyeom under his wing?

I know that Episodes 10 and 11 most likely already disprove this - nor does this theory change what happens to Jin Gyeom, unfortunately - but that's actually what I first thought when I saw that scar.

Another thing I didn't get around to mentioning in my last post: seeing that photo of Tae Yi and Jin Gyeom together at the amusement park, I think we also need to rethink the flashback from Episode 7. Because now we know that, for some reason or another, the adult versions Park Sun Young sees are the ones from that photo. So we come back to my initial thought on seeing that flashback: what else did Sun Young know about her son's future right from the start? lol - This is going into "Mary, Did You Know?" territory (for those who know the song), but it's something worth thinking about.

8 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

What? But in the website it is showing that it will be aired next week as per schedule

Same, actually - the Episode 11 preview I saw on YouTube said it would be airing on October 2 (i.e. on schedule). But I also saw news of the postponement here - so...conflicting stories now?

The full process of filming a fight scene in Alice - Storyboard, rehearsal, filming, monitoring :) 

Pictures and footage from Ghost rehearsals

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, kittyna said:

But I also saw news of the postponement here - so...conflicting stories now?

I saw the same Instagram post, and this fan account has also been posting accurate news about Joo won and his dramas. So,. Iam mentally prepared that I will not be able watch Alice next week

33 minutes ago, kittyna said:

And now it's time for my own wild speculation: seeing Go Hyung Seok's dark turn now - including the scar that suggests he's a time traveler as well - it actually crossed my mind whether there were two of him, too. Sort of like what happened with the mother who traveled back in time and killed her past self in order to replace her - what if the Go Hyung Seok we see now isn't the same as the one who took Jin Gyeom under his wing?

I heard this theory too, but it sor of doesn't stand scrutiny. For instance, when Detective Ko found out that PSY was killed with a weapon futuristic weapon. And , he was oblivious to lot of things halpneing around JG before he kidnapped Seo Ok won. So I think he is the present day Detectice Ko and not from the future and also his age doesn't permit him to come from the future.

36 minutes ago, kittyna said:

what else did Sun Young know about her son's future right from the start? lol - This is going into "Mary, Did You Know?" territory (for those who know the song), but it's something worth thinking about.

I am still curious if TY has the last page of book of prophecy or at least itvis buried in her memory and will surface. Since the last page seem to be vital for the plot and as links about the future of JG .

8 hours ago, kittyna said:

And speaking of Jin Gyeom, can we talk about this whole "controlling time" aspect for a second?

Yeah, I was surprised too. I thought he will dodge the bullet or at least oh young will spare his life . I think is this power has some negative affects on his life, like blood from his nose and headaches seem to be Symptoms of time traveling with our time card

8 hours ago, kittyna said:

Clearly, this new power has a mind of its own, with Jin Gyeom just being its vessel - at least for the time being. So I do wonder what role it's going to play in the rest of the drama.

Yeah, it felt like a parasite in host. Like it is trying to protect JG in order to protect itself. So yeah it will have negative effects kn his life or worse, it may threaten his life

• Like 3

I heard this theory too, but it sor of doesn't stand scrutiny. For instance, when Detective Ko found out that PSY was killed with a weapon futuristic weapon. And , he was oblivious to lot of things halpneing around JG before he kidnapped Seo Ok won. So I think he is the present day Detectice Ko and not from the future and also his age doesn't permit him to come from the future.

I know - which is why I mentioned that I knew Episode 10 would disprove it. ;) I'm just saying that the thought flashed through my mind while watching Episode 9.

I am still curious if TY has the last page of book of prophecy or at least itvis buried in her memory and will surface. Since the last page seem to be vital for the plot and as links about the future of JG .

That's a good point. We know that mini-Tae Yi had it on the night her father was killed, but we don't know what happened to it afterwards - or even whether Tae Yi held on to it at all, since I doubt a child her age would understand why that one page was so important.

Personally, I think the whereabouts of the last page will be connected to who put Tae Yi up for adoption in the first place. Jin Gyeom suspects right now that her mother didn't actually die in childbirth (based on Tae Yi's testimony), but I actually think that she did and the person Tae Yi thinks is her mother actually isn't. We'll have to see how that all plays out; we should get an answer soon now that Jin Gyeom's also trying to search for Tae Yi's biological mother.

Yeah, I was surprised too. I thought he will dodge the bullet or at least oh young will spare his life . I think is this power has some negative affects on his life, like blood from his nose and headaches seem to be Symptoms of time traveling with our time card

Yeah - same symptoms from Episode 5 after his time travel to 2010, but this time, we see that they coincide exactly with when this superpower gives out and time resumes its original pace. Again, this is something I hope the drama delves into further, along with why (up to this point at least) Jin Gyeom doesn't have the same symptoms as others who've traveled through time including Tae Yi.

(Yes, I know that Episode 10 explains why those from "Alice" are fine - some sort of anti-radiation medication they carry on their persons - but that just makes Jin Gyeom's situation even weirder, knowing that he's like neither those from 2020 nor those from 2050.)

I saw the same Instagram post, and this fan account has also been posting accurate news about Joo won and his dramas. So,. Iam mentally prepared that I will not be able watch Alice next week

Well, if it is postponed, I have some ideas for interactives and whatnot to keep the momentum going for this week. They're things I was originally going to save for after Alice is done, but we can do them sooner if things really end up dead quiet over here.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kittyna said:

Yeah - same symptoms from Episode 5 after his time travel to 2010, but this time, we see that they coincide exactly with when this superpower gives out and time resumes its original pace. Again, this is something I hope the drama delves into further, along with why (up to this point at least) Jin Gyeom doesn't have the same symptoms as others who've traveled through time including Tae Yi.

(Yes, I know that Episode 10 explains why those from "Alice" are fine - some sort of anti-radiation medication they carry on their persons - but that just makes Jin Gyeom's situation even weirder, knowing that he's like neither those from 2020 nor those from 2050.)

I really hope they will give closure to every character, I know it is too early to talk about ending, but the way story is progressing it might not be able to tie the loose ends properly. Like, it is sort of clear that JG is going to leave everyone because he is in the timeline he is not supposed to be in and it would be cool if joins MY and fight the evil Alice and Teacher teams, that would be like an open ending and cool one. But, I am worried about DY, god! I really feel bad for her, she literally leaves everything if JG needs any help or is in trouble, and I don't really see DY and JG end up together and some times it is frustrating to watch every time he breaks her heart not intentionally but it is painful to watch her disappointing and writers better have a good closure for DY. Coming to TY(2020), I guess she will choose to destroy the prospects of time travel and part ways with JG, since their not supposed be in the same timeline, So, I cannot think of no ending in which JG dying or leaving the timeline in which he doesn't belong to

:bawling:

That's a good point. We know that mini-Tae Yi had it on the night her father was killed, but we don't know what happened to it afterwards - or even whether Tae Yi held on to it at all, since I doubt a child her age would understand why that one page was so important.

Yeah, I saw that drawing in TY's(2020) college book, when JG traveled back to 2010, so I guess TY(2020) remembers the last page in bits and pieces.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, kittyna said:

Not that she likes what she sees, and I don't blame her. I think there's a reasonable argument now that there won't be much of a love line between Yoon Tae Yi and Park Jin Gyeom anymore, simply because romance (or the potential of a romance) is pretty much the last thing on her mind right now. She knows she cares deeply for Jin Gyeom, and she wants to do everything in her power to protect him, but what is there to be done when there's literally just a week left? (Sun Young/Tae Yi's birthday is October 7, and Jin Gyeom's date of death - according to his grave marker in 2021 - is October 15.)

I actually thought since the beginning that those supposedly romantic scenes are to toy with viewers mind.. May be because I believed too much in Director nims speech on Alice Drama that he gave on press conference that Alice will be a story of family reunion sort of.. That most people time travels in order to meet family and loved ones in order to make up for lost times with their family. My translation may not be accurate but it's along the line with what he said. And along with those questionable moment, I could always focus on Alice throwing multiple scenes that just showed how close 2020 Tae Yi is to 2050 Tae Yi.

And there was that shirt removing scene that I have previously said I found it quite funny..and again in episode 10 they washing hair scene- TY litterally acted like mother to JG, the way she teased him specially.. I found it cute.

And this week Do Yeon just asked the important question- can all of this be a coincidence? For Real?

And I have to give it to both Kim Hee Sun and the screenwriters here for being able to get at so many nuances in Tae Yi's conflicting emotions right now: she's clearly badly shaken by what she discovered in her time travel, and she's desperately searching for answers, but there's a part of her that I think was still in denial...until Jin Gyeom gave her the necklace. It's like, somehow, that's the one thing that she needs to fully realize that she may, in fact, be powerless to stop what feels inevitable.

Kim Hee Sun is doing fabulous. She is full of expressions.. Wow..my first time watching her drama.

That aside, though, I did enjoy this episode overall. I thought the scenes shot inside the house - with Jin Gyeom in 2020 and Tae Yi in 2021 - were brilliantly done (just gorgeous editing throughout), and I also thought the whole hair-washing scene was really cute. Definitely got more parent-child than couple vibes there, though: especially with how Tae Yi teased Jin Gyeom by tapping him on the nose like that :) Also, it's worth noting that Jin Gyeom's feelings for Tae Yi are still firmly rooted in his longing for his mother: I noticed that when he found Tae Yi in the cemetery, he ends up looking behind her at his mother's photo; and it's memories of his mother's birthday (and ultimately death day) that end up coaxing a full-blown celebration for Tae Yi out from him.

I loved this scene... the scene was so amazing.  Clap for Writer and Director for putting such a nice scene that established a communication between these two despite time differences..:approves:

7 hours ago, kittyna said:

The full process of filming a fight scene in Alice - Storyboard, rehearsal, filming, monitoring :) 

Like this video.. specially the animated story.. 

6 hours ago, kittyna said:

Personally, I think the whereabouts of the last page will be connected to who put Tae Yi up for adoption in the first place. Jin Gyeom suspects right now that her mother didn't actually die in childbirth (based on Tae Yi's testimony), but I actually think that she did and the person Tae Yi thinks is her mother actually isn't. We'll have to see how that all plays out; we should get an answer soon now that Jin Gyeom's also trying to search for Tae Yi's biological mother.

In Ep 10 Jin Gyeom starts suspecting his mother Park Sun Young to be the one who left young Tae Yi in the orphanage after Detective Dong Ho confirms to him that tae yi's mother is indeed dead. Jin Gyeom or should  I say we're getting closer to truth.. Many of us suspected Tae Yi's memory of Mom to be 2050 YTY.

2 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I really hope they will give closure to every character, I know it is too early to talk about ending, but the way story is progressing it might not be able to tie the loose ends properly. Like, it is sort of clear that JG is going to leave everyone because he is in the timeline he is not supposed to be in and it would be cool if joins MY and fight the evil Alice and Teacher teams, that would be like an open ending and cool one. But, I am worried about DY, god! I really feel bad for her, she literally leaves everything if JG needs any help or is in trouble, and I don't really see DY and JG end up together and some times it is frustrating to watch every time he breaks her heart not intentionally but it is painful to watch her disappointing and writers better have a good closure for DY. Coming to TY(2020), I guess she will choose to destroy the prospects of time travel and part ways with JG, since their not supposed be in the same timeline, So, I cannot think of no ending in which JG dying or leaving the timeline in which he doesn't belong to

:bawling:

I hope they sums up well without leaving any major loose ends.. I am hoping a sort of family reunion.. I don't know what sort of reunion it will be..and deep down I want DY's feelings to be reciprocated by Jin Gyeom at least in a way that will not be out of character.. I would be happy with a subtle hint too.. Because it's a melodrama..I keep saying that I am not hopeful about them having a optimistic future together them being people of two timeline but all these sweet Jin Gyeom-Do Yeon scenes along with their childhood flashbacks are messing with my logical side.. :sweet:

I want to see Mom Dad together too. I don't know how but I just do.:P 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I really hope they will give closure to every character, I know it is too early to talk about ending, but the way story is progressing it might not be able to tie the loose ends properly. Like, it is sort of clear that JG is going to leave everyone because he is in the timeline he is not supposed to be in and it would be cool if joins MY and fight the evil Alice and Teacher teams, that would be like an open ending and cool one.

39 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

I hope they sums up well without leaving any major loose ends.. I am hoping a sort of family reunion.. I don't know what sort of reunion it will be..and deep down I want DY's feelings to be reciprocated by Jin Gyeom at least in a way that will not be out of character.. I would be happy with a subtle hin too.. Because it's a melodrama..I keep saying that I am not hopeful about them having a optimistic future together them being people of two timeline but all these sweet jin Gyeom Do Yeao scenes along with their childhood flashbacks are messing with my logical side.. 

I want to see Mom Dad together too. I don't know how but I just do.:P 

Well, if we're going into a wish list for things we want to see by the ending, I'm with @kireeti2 in wanting to see Jin Gyeom and Min Hyuk kicking butt together at least once. I'm sure I'll have more to say about the father-son relationship once I've actually watched Episode 10 in detail (the snippets I've seen look promising, if nothing else), but I think I can at least say that I want...if not a full reconciliation, then at least a mutual understanding and respect.

Romance-wise, I don't have particular hopes in any real direction. Right now, I haven't seen enough interaction between 2020 Tae Yi and Yoo Min Hyuk for me to have a hypothesis re: where it could go. However, I definitely think the ship has sailed (pun intended) on any sort of romance between Jin Gyeom and either Do Yeon or Tae Yi.

However, I do hope that Do Yeon and Tae Yi come around to one another at some point. In reality, they're on the same page with a common goal now - keeping Jin Gyeom safe and happy - but they're both too caught up in their rivalry to see that. Again, at least up until what I've seen in Episode 9 - it sounds like Episode 10 might be a turning point here, too.

Looking on a broader scale at "Alice", time travel, etc., I definitely see the merits of actually putting a stop to it, but I'm also concerned about what that would do to the characters and their relationships. If Jin Gyeom does stay in the timeline/universe he's currently in, that'd leave Min Hyuk alone on his end - and if Jin Gyeom joins his father in his "rightful" place, then where does that leave Tae Yi, Do Yeon, and all those others who love and care for him (romantically and otherwise) here? 

And that's assuming everyone actually makes it to the end, which is also something I doubt, to be honest.

And there was that shirt removing scene that I have previously said I found it quite funny..and again in episode 10 they washing hair scene- TY litterally acted like mother to JG, the way she teased him specially.. I found it cute.

That's what I thought with the hair-washing scene, too - I definitely think Tae Yi was flirting with Jin Gyeom in some of the scenes from earlier episodes, but Episode 9 showed a significant shift in her attitude, and this moment was one example of that. It's like the time travel ahead to 2021 forced Tae Yi to become a lot more mature - she wasn't selfish or childish before, but she was definitely the centre of her own world, but knowing about Jin Gyeom's death in advance is making her a lot more aware of the bigger picture now.

But, just like any other intellectual, it's good to see that Tae Yi hasn't lost her nerdy one-track scientific mind. Honestly, I think this has been my favourite Do Yeon vs. Tae Yi moment so far. :loolz:Probably because, despite being in humanities rather than sciences, I found Tae Yi's response so relatable.

I loved this scene... the scene was so amazing.  Clap for Writer and Director for putting such a nice scene that established a communication between these two despite time differences..

And kudos to Park Jin Gyeom for using the Post-It notes idea - and now we know that past events have a definitive literal effect on the future (as his notes start magically appearing in front of Tae Yi in 2021).

3 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Yeah, I saw that drawing in TY's(2020) college book, when JG traveled back to 2010, so I guess TY(2020) remembers the last page in bits and pieces.

The illustration is from one of the earlier pages in the book - but if Tae Yi managed to remember that despite not having seen it since 1992, then there's definitely reason to believe she might remember something of that last page, which she had longer.

In Ep 10 Jin Gyeom starts suspecting his mother Park Sun Young to be the one who left young Tae Yi in the orphanage after Detective Dong Ho confirms to him that tae yi's mother is indeed dead. Jin Gyeom or should  I say we're getting closer to truth.. Many of us suspected Tae Yi's memory of Mom to be 2050 YTY.

Oh, I suspected that from the start as well, for numerous reasons. One is just seeing 2050-Tae Yi's sympathy for mini-Tae Yi - I figured that once she committed to her choice to stay in 1992, she'd do something to make sure this kid (who, whether she recognized herself or not, was still an innocent bystander who's become scarred for life due to the actions of time travelers like her) was properly cared for. Secondly, it's worth noting that in the amusement park scene from Episode 7, mini-Tae Yi stops to stare at Park Sun Young first, suggesting that she recognizes her on some subconscious level.

(Lord knows what mini-Jin Gyeom noticed about mini-Tae Yi, though - maybe he just wanted the balloon :lol:)

By the way, I can't actually understand the text (I don't know a word of Indonesian, which is too bad because Indonesian and Japanese fans are the most vocal demographics I see among JW's Instagram fans), but I did find this interesting graphic about the different groups/factions that exist concerning time travel in Alice . Good of them to notice that Park Sun Young had a different mark than the others we've seen so far. ;) Also, it did cross my mind that Min Hyuk's failed attempt to "kidnap" Jin Gyeom in Episode 5 may have been a lowkey attempt to recruit him to "Alice", but right now, boy's caught in the middle of all three teams here. :P 

Kim Hee Sun is doing fabulous. She is full of expressions.. Wow..my first time watching her drama

I already saw her in Room No. 9, where she also plays two different characters (go figure), so I knew from the start she was going to be good. :) lol - Two dramas for a total of four characters...it's like a sampler menu :lol:

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, kittyna said:

I already saw her in Room No. 9, where she also plays two different characters (go figure), so I knew from the start she was going to be good. :) lol - Two dramas for a total of four characters...it's like a sampler menu :lol:

How come I keep forgotting that I watched her in Room No. 9. I've no idea.. :huh:

She was good in Room No. 9 too..

I have always wanted to watch her movie with Jacki Chan but never got to watch it.. may be that's why I feel like It's my first time watching her. I don't know what's ring with my memory!!

Even if I consider (!) not watching room no. 9 I was aware of her good reputation as actress.. I was expecting good things. But she's playing such different characters here it just feels good watching her numerous expression.

• Like 3

And here I am with my thoughts on Episode 10 of Alice.

Spoiler

Just going to say it right now: I might be right or I might be wrong, but I'm currently guessing that Gi Cheol Am is the Teacher. It's mostly just process of elimination - as he's the only character whose motives are still a mystery, and everyone who's known to be in "Team Sigma" (to use the term from that Instagram post) has been ruled out as the person on top. On top of that, his whole "Let me take care of Jin Gyeom" and "Let me take this to headquarters" spiels to Min Hyuk are sounding really sketchy right now. Point is: if he does turn out to be the "Teacher", then I really hope Min Hyuk gets a chance to kick his you-know-what by the end :evillaugh:

As for Go Hyung Seok, given that the main reveal of his involvement was already in Episodes 8/9, this episode was really more about Tae Yi and Jin Gyeom putting together the pieces on their own than any major twist for the viewers. So this time, I actually want to give a major kudos to the writers. There are a number of different narrative approaches they could have taken to build suspense in this episode: 1) having us as viewers find out the details at the same time as the protagonist (in this case, Jin Gyeom); or 2) having us as viewers know in advance of the protagonist. Each broad technique has its pros and cons, but I really love that the Alice writers took the second approach here, because we get to feel every single bit of urgency, desperation, and pain that Tae Yi feels on Jin Gyeom's behalf - and if we didn't know in advance like she did, that sort of pathos wouldn't have been possible.

There were many moments between Tae Yi and Jin Gyeom that were brilliant for this, but I think my personal favourite is the bit in the amusement park. How or why the significance of this outing slipped Tae Yi's mind is beyond me, but just like with the necklace, seeing the selfie was a massive wake-up call for her - and under those circumstances, I'm glad that she tried to warn Jin Gyeom about what would happen. However, I am also completely unsurprised that Jin Gyeom refused to listen, because the one thing that Tae Yi hadn't taken into consideration was that finding out the truth of his mother's death has been Jin Gyeom's entire reason for living these past ten years. Under those circumstances, the thought that he'd die in the process doesn't faze Jin Gyeom at all. The discovery that Go Hyung Seok was involved does (of course), but the actual danger to himself doesn't.

(That's the thing about prophecies - they foretell what is going to happen because of, not despite of, the thought processes of the people involved. And I love that Alice has been consistent on this point so far.)

However, there are signs that both Tae Yi and Jin Gyeom have (deliberately for her and inadvertently for him) set a slightly different path in motion. For Tae Yi, it was deleting the photograph; and for Jin Gyeom, it was destroying the USB that contained the incriminating evidence against Go Hyung Seok (since Tae Yi finds among Jin Gyeom's belongings in 2021, it implies he originally actually had it on his person when he died). It may not be enough to actually change the outcome (i.e. Go Hyung Seok killing - or at least attempting to kill - Jin Gyeom), but it does appear, going by the Episode 11 preview, that it is enough to change the exact circumstances.

And speaking of revealing truths and giving warnings, I really, really like what we see of Min Hyuk's character arc in this episode. I did see some comments on Instagram re: his explanation to Jin Gyeom that he was a friend of his mother's, asking why he didn't just outright tell Jin Gyeom who he was. But I actually think his reluctance makes total perfect sense here. Min Hyuk and Jin Gyeom both have their own respective emotional baggage concerning their relationship, so I can definitely see why Min Hyuk wants to take care of that first before he could feel confident identifying himself to Jin Gyeom. And if/when Jin Gyeom does find out (from Min Hyuk or otherwise), he, too, will have his own baggage to sort out before any sort of reconciliation will be possible.

So, for instance, seeing Min Hyuk's reaction to Jin Gyeom finding him in Lee Se Hoon's hotel room...oof. That hurt. Especially when, in his attempts to flee, he accidentally clips Jin Gyeom with his car. Like, you could literally see the "Oh, crap!" look on Min Hyuk's face when that happens - because he knows that rather than gaining ground with his son, he's just lost a ton more, even compared to the beginning of the episode.

Given that it's most likely that Jin Gyeom's going to survive Episode 11 somehow (otherwise, we wouldn't have much of a story left), I do hope we get to see him taking some steps towards realizing that Min Hyuk's his biological father. Kid needs a paternal figure in his life, and he's just lost the only one he has :criesariver:

And, on a slightly lighter note, I love this newest dose of cast shenanigans: Kim Do Yeon's Instagram. Honestly, I just thought the group photo was posted on Lee Da In's Instagram when I saw it being credited to  "Do Yeon" - but nope. It's literally a fictional account for her character :) 

• Like 3

However, there are signs that both Tae Yi and Jin Gyeom have (deliberately for her and inadvertently for him) set a slightly different path in motion. For Tae Yi, it was deleting the photograph; and for Jin Gyeom, it was destroying the USB that contained the incriminating evidence against Go Hyung Seok (since Tae Yi finds among Jin Gyeom's belongings in 2021, it implies he originally actually had it on his person when he died). It may not be enough to actually change the outcome (i.e. Go Hyung Seok killing - or at least attempting to kill - Jin Gyeom), but it does appear, going by the Episode 11 preview, that it is enough to change the exact circumstances.

I think the writers are going with the "Butterfly" effect. Like, small changes can create different outcomes, though not desirable ones. I read this theory in one of the fan page, that, MY is going to save JG from Detective Ko, but JG wouldn't be happy about it either and at that moment MY might reveal that he is his father in order to explain why he saved him. In the preview we can see that JG is sort of giving an expression of shock and understanding at the same time, like he is in shock that Detective Ko betrayed him and he is able to understand why he is doing this, Detective Ko mentions that he is doing this in order to save his wife. So, yeah in episode 11 we can expect death of few main characters. Like, I wasn't expecting that Detective Ko will kill that convict guy who helped him find PSY , that was totally unexpected, I thought he has some bigger role to play, I guess teacher thought he had no use of him and hence, ordered Ko to execute him.

I might be right or I might be wrong, but I'm currently guessing that Gi Cheol Am is the Teacher

He is the last guy on my list as a possibility of being "Teacher". It would be fun if writers make TY's sister as Teacher, it'll ruin the drama but it would be great twist:joy:

There were many moments between Tae Yi and Jin Gyeom that were brilliant for this, but I think my personal favourite is the bit in the amusement park

And also, that Twice music "What is love" is being used over and over whenever there is touching scene or happy moment between JG and TY. :joy: And also, JG expressionless Roller Coaster ride was the best comic relief in this episode, it almost looked like he is afraid of the ride :joy:

11 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

I am not hopeful about them having a optimistic future together them being people of two timeline but all these sweet Jin Gyeom-Do Yeon scenes along with their childhood flashbacks are messing with my logical side.. :sweet:

I want to see Mom Dad together too. I don't know how but I just do.

I don't think we will get an ending where all main couples are going to be reunited or end up together. I can see only possible relation is friendship between TY(2020) and DY bonding over loss of JG

Maybe PSY has her reasons for protecting TY (2020), like, we know that PSY possesses the book of prophecy in which the last page is missing, so, PSY thought mini TY might have seen the last page, which ultimately guides the Seo Ok Won research team to stop time travel.

And also, it was cute how DY and TY were fighting literally like Mother in law and Daughter in law, these two would do great in soap opera dramas and JG  was like the son/husband who is unable to  make peace between his mom and wife :joy:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

In the preview we can see that JG is sort of giving an expression of shock and understanding at the same time, like he is in shock that Detective Ko betrayed him and he is able to understand why he is doing this, Detective Ko mentions that he is doing this in order to save his wife. So, yeah in episode 11 we can expect death of few main characters. Like, I wasn't expecting that Detective Ko will kill that convict guy who helped him find PSY , that was totally unexpected, I thought he has some bigger role to play, I guess teacher thought he had no use of him and hence, ordered Ko to execute him.

Well, Lee Se Hoon (the convict) was also, from the Teacher's perspective, too dangerous to keep around: "Alice" and Park Jin Gyeom are both onto him, and it looks like the Teacher guessed that he'd try to tell Jin Gyeom everything. Lee Se Hoon was well aware that someone would be sent to kill him (hence his offer to Jin Gyeom of information in return for protection); it's just that "Sigma" (which is what I'll call the group for now) got to him first.

But now that we know for sure that Go Hyung Seok's involved with "Sigma", even though we still don't know who the Teacher is, I think there are some reasonable arguments we can make about how it operates:

• Members are only given information/orders on a "need to know" basis. Except for the Teacher, no-one knows the bigger picture and is only told, "So-and-so is involved in stopping time travel - kill them." We see in the 2010 flashbacks this time that it was only after he'd gotten into the house and saw the photograph that Go Hyung Seok knew 2050-Tae Yi was Jin Gyeom's mother. And he seemed really stunned or floored by that. (This makes me think that he has no intention of hurting or killing Jin Gyeom yet, but might receive orders along those lines in Episode 11.)
  • There appears to be a rather strict system of rewards/punishments here, which is what led Lee Se Hoon to fear for his life, and for Go Hyung Seok to be easily controlled due to some connection to his wife (either "Sigma" is threatening her, or they have something they can give her - we don't know which yet, but both are common routes in K-dramas)
  • Wherever/whenever "Sigma" is based in the future, it clearly does not have the same elite status that "Alice" does. They have their own underground means to achieve time travel (the implant that Yoo Min Hyuk finds during Ju Hae Min's autopsy - which might also be the origin for the scar behind the ear), and they also have time cards - but they lack all the other technology that "Alice" has. The gun Go Hyung Seok had in 2010 was just a normal handgun rather than the portable one that "Alice" agents have, and we see "Sigma" members communicating with burner phones instead of things like drones, in-ear devices, etc.
Spoiler

Which means, if we put all that together, there's still more to Park Sun Young's death than what we've seen so far - because even though the drone's presence can now be explained (Oh Si Young watching what happened, for a number of possible reasons), the weapon is still linked to "Alice". So what gives?

5 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

He is the last guy on my list as a possibility of being "Teacher". It would be fun if writers make TY's sister as Teacher, it'll ruin the drama but it would be great twist

Or the "Teacher" is someone we haven't even seen yet (although it's rather late in the game for that to be the case in a K-drama). It's all too early to know for sure, but the point is: whether he's the Teacher or not, I still don't trust Cheol Am. Not yet, anyway.

I read this theory in one of the fan page, that, MY is going to save JG from Detective Ko, but JG wouldn't be happy about it either and at that moment MY might reveal that he is his father in order to explain why he saved him.

That's an interesting idea, actually. It hinges on whether Min Hyuk finds out what is going on in time, though - if he does find out, we definitely know he'll intervene (because if he couldn't save Tae Yi, he's gonna try to make up for it by saving their son), but if he doesn't...we'll have to see.

Maybe the whole "stopping time" thing will happen again, but I will admit I prefer the theory involving Min Hyuk to that. I don't want Jin Gyeom's new-and-still-uncontrolled ability to turn into some sort of deus ex machina cop-out. :P 

I don't think we will get an ending where all main couples are going to be reunited or end up together. I can see only possible relation is friendship between TY(2020) and DY bonding over loss of JG

It does seem like that's what happens in 2021 as things currently stand - which is why Tae Yi and Do Yeon are supposedly on a trip to Spain together, despite both of them thinking that'd be impossible now.

But overall, I do think Episode 10 was a turning point for Do Yeon: both as a character in and of herself, and in her relationships with Tae Yi and Jin Gyeom. See, if I feel like Tae Yi matured noticeably in Episode 9, I think Do Yeon's also did in Episode 10. She's still against Tae Yi and Jin Gyeom being together, but for once, it's not out of her perceived romantic rivalry. Instead, she finally has a heart-to-heart talk with Tae Yi, and reveals that she's worried this constant mental association between Tae Yi and Park Sun Young in Jin Gyeom's mind is holding him back from moving on from what happened. Mind you: this whole "you have to move on from the past" response to grief has its pros and cons, but Do Yeon is coming at it with good intentions.

Not that that's going to stop Tae Yi (nor should it, given what she knows that Do Yeon doesn't), but I actually really liked Do Yeon's role in Episode 10 compared to everything else we've seen from her so far. :) 

By the way, this is from a few weeks ago, but I don't think anyone's shared it on this forum yet. I think this OST track is tied with the first one as my favourite so far.

And here's the newest OST track, too. I haven't listened to it in full yet, but here you go.

And also, JG expressionless Roller Coaster ride was the best comic relief in this episode, it almost looked like he is afraid of the ride

I also think he got motion sickness on top of being  scared. :lol:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, kittyna said:

I still don't trust Cheol Am. Not yet, anyway.

I wouldn't trust him has a manager or as a head of any institution, let alone Alice. Dude is such lousy boss, he really doesn't know what is happening in his own institution which he is supposed to be run and is responsible for its functioning. Every time his subordinated inform him something he likes What?! Why wasn't I kept in the loop? blah blah, like he is suppose to keep an eye on his employees and needs to look after them. Like, I know he is like a close friend to MY and Oh young, but still he is suppose to know what they are up to.

39 minutes ago, kittyna said:

But now that we know for sure that Go Hyung Seok's involved with "Sigma", even though we still don't know who the Teacher is, I think there are some reasonable arguments we can make about how it operate

Yeah, you are points about team sigma are spot on. Like, this team is like some underground gang members who are able to do time travel avoiding detection by Alice. So, they are not very advance but still able to use guerilla tactics to avoid getting tracked by Alice or the police.

42 minutes ago, kittyna said:

I don't want Jin Gyeom's new-and-still-uncontrolled ability to turn into some sort of deus ex machina cop-out.

Speaking of logic, Do you know why or how exactly TY and that time traveling assassin get on top of the building? There was not further explanation in the next episode

44 minutes ago, kittyna said:

And here's the newest OST track, too. I haven't listened to it in full yet, but here you go.

This OST is really catchy, even though I understand only fraction of the lyrics

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

I wouldn't trust him has a manager or as a head of any institution, let alone Alice. Dude is such lousy boss, he really doesn't know what is happening in his own institution which he is supposed to be run and is responsible for its functioning. Every time his subordinated inform him something he likes What?! Why wasn't I kept in the loop? blah blah, like he is suppose to keep an eye on his employees and needs to look after them. Like, I know he is like a close friend to MY and Oh young, but still he is suppose to know what they are up to.

When you have a leader-type character like that, they're either incompetent (your take) or feigning ignorance to hide something shady (my take - hence my thought that he might be the Teacher). Either way, I feel like this is going to end with Min Hyuk kicking his butt at some point - figuratively or literally :P

He also seems to be banking on Min Hyuk taking him at his word, but right now, Min Hyuk is also slowly learning the hard way not to trust anybody. Which is yet another reason why I hope Min Hyuk makes some progress with Jin Gyeom soon: because most of his other relationships are turning out to be rather toxic for him.

26 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

Speaking of logic, Do you know why or how exactly TY and that time traveling assassin get on top of the building? There was not further explanation in the next episode

There have been a couple of these gaps so far - the other one is how Yoo Min Hyuk figured out Park Sun Young was 2050-Tae Yi just from reading Jin Gyeom's family registry - so I can't say I know for sure. My guess is that he knocked her out and took her up there, but then the question is why, when it'd be a ton easier to just kill her in her room. lol - Probably just a classic case of villains screwing themselves over by overthinking their plans :P 

• Like 2