Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

@farbarri  Whatever the case may be (he can't get out from SIM's orders or if just doesn't want to), as a fangirl I think I just find it frustrating to see him pulled in so many different directions.  :tears: But as you say, he's a smart and mature guy with his eye on the future... and truth be told I really don't want JooWon copying Won Bin and disappearing in between projects.  It's crazy frustrating!! 

• Like 2

Don't shoot me 진구 :sweatingbullets:, but I'm doing all this reading about the somewhat poor job SIM is doing, managing cutie. and I really find myself wishing that he'd follow Won Bin's example and just skip doing appearances altogether.  Then he'd have time to do what he loves- acting.  Obviously this would be sad for me as a fan girl, but at least he wouldn't have to deal with the antis bothering him!! 

Joowon is doing that. But instead of skipping TV appearances or fanmeetings (God forbid, NO!), he skips some CF offers. He mentioned this in Healing Camp. He said he wanted to focus more on acting, though he did take up some advertising brands. Joowon doesnt have that star power like other actors before Yongpal started. He was known in Korea, but not well enough like those of his age group. So he cannot skip these appearances because he still needs to build up his name in the industry to get good drama/movie offers.

I think Joowon has the upper hand in choosing the dramas he wanted to do. As for movies... I think this is where he was taken advantage of. The only thing that made me non-skeptical about That Guy (premiering soon) is that Yoo Hae Jin is in that movie too. He's a great actor himself, and chooses his projects with care. Joowon's other movie projects were not very successful, though I quite like Fashion King and Catch Me. The harsh reality is that although Joowon really loves acting, but he cannot escape from the management's decisions sometimes. Or he chooses not to.

I wont start on how SIM is promoting Joowon and handling fans. I can write an essay on that. All I can feel now is that SIM is milking Joowon as best they can. I just hope Joowon knows what's best for himself. He's mature for his age, he sought help from his senior actors and he thinks a lot about his future in the industry.

He did not say he skips CF offersDid you read it from some report? I wonder how all these comments were reported, I want them to be verbatim. Just a slight change of words will skew the meaning totally. 

I cannot say Joo Won has upper hand in choosing dramas. I sure hope so. 

As for movies, I am not surprised he does not have choice. Many young actors don't. If you look at Korean movie scene, you will see that it's dominated by a different set of actors altogether. Very few, even famous drama actors cross over successfully. Joo Won's more popular peers didn't get that many chances or had great success either in the movies. The only person who's making somewhat a breakthrough now is Yoo Ah In but he's not headlining those movies. However, I do protest that Sim puts him in any movie they can. I guess they have the dilemma - should they try to promote his movie career by taking on anything or wait till a good offer comes along, if any. Having veteran actors, famous actors whatsoever do not make a successful movie. Most movies tank because they failed from the very start. Sometimes, I think the people involved in this start in the wrong order. They get the actors whom they think can carry the movie to success and then they find any writer or director. At least this is the impression I get from the movies Joo Won starred in. 

Edited by mrdimples
  • Like 2

SIM is a good place for rising stars but may not be a good place for Joo Won,who is a famous actor. It is like Sim is the small,beautiful and peaceful pond and JW is an overgrown fish stuck there. Sim,in term of budget,reputation and ability,is failing to handle Joo Won well. While,I don't care about the problem with antis,I am more worried about the management of Joo Won's activities.

I almost forget Joo Won last year partially due to the decisions he made for his projects. The news of Chinese movies freaked me out,especially plastic lovers. Then Fashion King,I still cannot accept that movie at all. I didn't even touch.TC wasn't much help either. Then I became busy and he slowly faded away in my mind until he made a grand comeback with Yongpal. Only last month then I learnt that he was forced to do some projects by SIM. And those projects were failures. 

SIM was good for Joo Won when he first started as an actor. They promoted him from musical actor to drama actor and found him good projects for him to grow.But as Joo Won become more and more famous,they started to use him for other purposes . The schedules for promotion become too tasking and  he was also forced to promote his juniors. I am quite amazed that he is willing to do that. He is simply too sympathetic towards them as he know the path for new actor is much more difficult. I don't see him leaving SIM anytime soon too. He seems to be very loyal like one of you said. Also,the fact that SIM helped build his career, he might feel too sorry to reject them. In fact,if it is me,I will force myself to stay too. Until It reaches my breaking point. I think JW is that kind of person too. But I really hope SIM will not push him until that point.

Then about antis, it is totally useless and waste of time taking about them. I usually don't read those.What I want to tell you all is everyone has it. BE it LMH or KSH or any other famous actors.They are from powerful agencies so they have money to shut antis up and sue them,but most of the time,they don't. Don't ever think about SIM doing that,it is small company,no extra funds to handle this. We all know JW is sensitive and it is normal. I just wish that JW will not listen to them at all and shake it off.  No point handling them,it will only waste money and time. The best way is JW's fans should continue to love him and show him that we are here for him. Leave antis alone.They will not stop.Even, Kim Tae Hee,who has everything has millions of antis and forced to live with it. She was insulted before YP,during YP and after YP but she pulled it through. 

What we should care about more is antis forming within the entertainment cycle. And I foresee it happening if SIM fail to manage JW well. Now,SBS and KBS are fighting over JW as their employee. If SIM anyhow handle this matter,One of the stations or both might turn their back on him. Especially SBS.I knew that because I am following Shinhwa and  SBS totally ignored Shinhwa for years because they did not choose SBS to broadcast their variety show. They were banned totally and was badly publicized by SBS. SIM has to smart to not offend both stations and reject carefully if needed. If not, JW might be outcasted.

I don't know anything about how official fanclubs work and how DC tried to communicate SIM so I will not comment on them discussing with SIM for JW.If it is for good,go for it. Just don't make JW in the middle of this "war". Then,good communication and praises are important to get what you want. 

Almost all if not all agencies care about is their bottom line. I forgot to elaborate on this when I said earlier that Sim milks Joo Won. It's expected, they are a business entity. 

However, how they 'milk' him is the crux of the matter.

In 2013, after 7LCS ended, Joo Won filmed Catch Me. Then he went on to start on Good Doctor. At that time, I was wondering if he could prepare sufficiently for his role as the savant with autism. I admit I was skeptical but the teaser blew me away. Right after Good Doctor, Joo Won went straight to start rehearsing for GHOST the musical. Well, that one was his choice. But I remember that during GHOST run where he appeared 3 times a week(was it more?), Joo Won had to do Japanese fanmeets almost every week. I think this is not known to all. We saw the Japanese websites carrying information on Joo Won's exclusive meetings with fans. I can't remember the exact details but the itinerary had Joo Won taking the coach with Japanese fans and bringing them to Morning Calm Village(a resort operated by Sim). There, he will host a meeting of fan activities before retiring for the night. The following morning, he will have breakfast with fans. And the part which I can't remember is if he then brings the fans back to Seoul to watch the musical or the fans watched the musical first and then follow Joo Won to Morning Calm. 

I don't expect Sim not to milk Joo Won, I just hope they don't kill their golden goose who's laying them golden eggs. Please tell me they are smarter than this because they give me doubts when they shouldn't at all. 

Sim has already rustled some feathers according to my source. The media boo-boo for Tomorrow Cantabile caused some fall out for Joo Won. So you are absolutely right about Sim handling the industry people properly. I am now worried about that. I don't know if I have brought up this matter here. My Korean source tells me quite a lot of things going on behind the scenes but I don't bring them up much. Mostly because these are unconfirmed and unofficial. One of the things I was told more than a year back was that production staff were chatting among themselves about how badly managed Joo Won was and that he's such a nice guy and deserves way better. I even saw the screenshots of these supposed chats. How people got their hands on them, i do not know. 

Still, when I saw that DC message, I got worried again. I am not for fans pressurizing Sim or worse, taking things into their own hands and suing antis. The latter which got me flummoxed. I mean, like really? Maybe I don't know how bad these things can be. I just hope Joo Won is not affected too adversely. From the previous experience, I think he wants to deal with this himself. He might seek advice from his seniors. I don't think fans can do anything much or should except to give him love and support.  

Edited by mrdimples
  • Like 7

O.O K-ent is brutal, is all I have to say.  I suppose, however, it's just like every other industry.  There's good apples and bad apples, and all we can do is hope that JooWon has good people surrounding him who won't let things go poorly for him.  As an example of a company that did/is doing fairly well by their golden goose: Hook Ent and Lee Seung Gi.  Maybe SIM will take a few pages out of their book. 

(I just realized that I may have committed a terrible sin by mentioning another man on this thread :P Sorry my fellow cuties!!) 

Edited by yonaomi123
edited for silliness
  • Like 5

He did not say he skips CF offersDid you read it from some report? I wonder how all these comments were reported, I want them to be verbatim. Just a slight change of words will skew the meaning totally. 

I did read an article about this somewhere, about him not preferring to do CF offers. There were so many articles after the Healing Camp that I dont know where the article is anymore.

I'll just shut up. :vicx:

Wow~ Has Joowon's salary increased? It was previously reported that he received 50 million won. Now he is reported to obtain higher salary. That's great! :D

Recent article's translation:

According to a recent bangsongga 'you come from stars, "Kim Soo-hyun as a' Jekyll Hyde, or 'one starring Hyun Bin starred in the' producers' has received 100 million won synagogue. 'The lord sun, So Ji-sub and' It's all right, love's 'salary of Jo In Sung has amounted to 80 million won, yukryong this Narsha' infant, 'heirs' Lee, 'you're all surrounded' Lee Seung Gi was priced a salary of 70 million won. Here Kim Woo-bin, Joo Won, Song Joong-gi, Lee Jong-seok, including the salary of the next generation of top stars also rose to man situation 60-70 million won.

Source: http://m.etoday.co.kr/view.php?idxno=1216675#cb

Previous article:

paym2.jpg

Source: http://koalasplayground.com/2015/09/04/hyun-bin-and-kim-soo-hyun-leads-the-list-of-highest-paid-k-actor-drama-salaries/

• Like 4

O.O K-ent is brutal, is all I have to say.  I suppose, however, it's just like every other industry.  There's good apples and bad apples, and all we can do is hope that JooWon has good people surrounding him who won't let things go poorly for him.  As an example of a company that did/is doing fairly well by their golden goose: Hook Ent and Lee Seung Gi.  Maybe SIM will take a few pages out of their book. 

(I just realized that I may have committed a terrible sin by mentioning another man on this thread :P Sorry my fellow cuties!!) 

Do we have a rule against mentioning other actors? I honestly can't remember. I think it's not so much that we can't stand the mention but rather we don't want to spark fan wars. There are people  here who fangirls more than just JW. So if  I say JW is better than X then it might offend some. 

About agencies again, i dont think Sim is the worst. I am sure there are much worse out there. It's just that we want the best for him.  I have no idea which agency is considered the best in Korea. And it's not as simple as that,  Joo Won has chosen a certain path which may not be congruent with the agency's goals no matter how good they are.

• Like 5

Cha Yoo Jin......*swoons* 

cyj1_zpszkn4kzyz.jpg

cr JW DC

I am thinking of Kim Tae Hee's words- that Joo Won is manly on screen but off screen, he uses baby words and in short, adorable. 

@gilaswan found him cute and adorable when she saw him at the Press Con. I don't know....at the Suntec event, although he was sometimes cute on stage, I found him very manly at all other times. Can I borrow some pure thoughts? 

• Like 9

From TheSeoulStory

[SINGAPORE] Interview with the Stars of ‘The Gang Doctor’, Joo Won and Park Hye-su!

Read more here: http://theseoulstory.com/?p=886

[SINGAPORE] ‘A Date With Joo Won’ Is A Dream Come True For Fans!

10862691_989200327789103_348036961158567Read more here: http://theseoulstory.com/?p=854

From Toggle: Singapore fanmeet

Cute Fancam of Joowon leaving Suntec~

credits to various uploaders

• Like 10

It's been almost a week. I still can't believe I was at the press con!!! Joo Won ah~ #swoonsomemore

You got pure thoughts for me to borrow or not huh? 

Somehow your words don't match leh.....cute, little brother, dongsaeng.....can swoon one meh? 

Edited by mrdimples
  • Like 6

@yonaomi123 I know right? I always find arirang hosts and voice overs very strange. They have such a crisp "American accent" but their pronunciation is always off. Like "present" (noun) is read as a verb, and their sentence structures are so... I dunno... Simplistic? It's like the programme is not written for the English speaking audience. Weiiiird. 

The premise of the movie looks interesting but generally, I don't enjoy korean movies. I'm not sure if it's cos the industry is not as "mature" as western cinema or it's the style in which korean movie directors shoot, but I have never watched a Korean movie I liked except for "My Sassy Girl" which was like yonks ago. It's like just from watching the excerpts in that short clip, you've probably watched the entire show already. :P I'm just hoping for Joo Won's sake, the show is successful in Korea, cos he needs strong projects to seal his image in people's minds before he enlists. 

• Like 7