Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

I mentioned to you briefly before part of my field of work. It actually makes me very sensitive to body language (you can't help but build those capacities because of the nature of the mode of communication used), and I'm mostly very accurate when it comes to reading non-verbal linguistic signals. ;) So while watching Joo Won, I saw more than "him". I also saw slight movements in facial muscles and overall body language. He's *really* the strong and silent type. Heheheh...

With regard to some of the earlier posts about him being "greedy when it comes to work" - I'm not sure if you were referring to that quote from a netizen who attended his Healing Camp recording, but I've noticed that this direct translation "greedy" from the original Korean is actually seen positively in their culture. It points to an industrious character who is steadfast and eager to work. A positive trait. 

Maybe possible another word for that would be "ambitious" rather than greedy. He knows what path he wants and he knows what it'll take to get there even though it is a long tough road ahead. Utter respect for him!! ♥♥

I've just finished watching Healing Camp...and you really can't do anything but love this man for the person he is. In this day and age, people like him are extremely rare and we should thank his parents for raising one fineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee son!! ^^ He's sincere in all that he does and though it is a tough industry and he can't help but doubt himself at times, i think he's one of the most brightly lit stars among the industry! If it is possible, because I can't have the ORIGINAL JooWon for myself (you have won more a lottery can ever offer future-JooWon-wifey!) can I have a Joowon clone please?!? hehehe

Thanks everyone for sharing your JooWon moments from the weekend. Reading your accounts made me so excited!! I hope one day I'll be able to share my personal account with you all (although I'm not such a great narrator like most of you). Til then, I can only hope, wish & BELIEVE and enjoy recounts! Hehe

• Like 10

Aiyoh, aiyoh... watching Good Doctor makes me want to cry. He acts so convincingly... aigoo, aigoo... I want to give Si On a tight squeeze... 

Where are you at? We can talk about the drama. 

At the point where he's beginning to come into himself as an adult. He's met his birth father who's one abusive SOB. And the female fellow, Cha Yoon Seo (Moon Chae Won) is starting to rethink how she views him. I have to say though, I'm really only just watching Joo Won than the entire show... The TV is on to help me stay awake (work. :( ) but the bits I'm paying attention to is when Si On is being such a sincere sweetie... That said, there are aspects of the portrayal of persons with autism that bothers me...

• Like 8

@farbarri I would wait for the translation first. 

I don't think he chooses non-popularity. It is just simply not his goal. Yet, he knows very well that one needs to popular enough to get choice roles. Don't you think he is underrated in that sense? 

Even for Yong Pal, I don't think SBS foresaw that they had a success in the making. Compared to other dramas, Yong Pal was flying under the radar, I felt that it wasn't being promoted much.

As for him talking about his long term goal and wanting to be acting to the very end, I think it's all in line with his aspirations ever since he chose this path. Joo Won never thinks that he is more talented, he only thinks of working harder. 

@gilaswan I don't know how much you know of Joo Won but your observations are mostly spot on. He is indeed a quiet person. In fact in his own words, he said as much and that he has 'low energy" , not energizer bunny. In fact these were some of the reasons why he felt he's unsuitable for Variety and left 1N2D. He had always been more or an introvert than extrovert. Only on screen and stage, does he become a different person. But all these do not mean that he's timid. In fact, I sensed his inner strength. 

@ctfrsgp dear, are you here? 

I am bad at these things and need your help. Can you give me a heads up when any magazine of Joo Won appears. Preferably a English one. 

I am thinking of sponsoring some as give aways. I know that fans seldom have chance to buy a Korean magazine. Maybe they might appreciate a SG mag

Agree about Yong Pal. That was super under promoted. No posters and information till a few weeks later. No buzz at all and everyone was skeptical about it. 

• Like 5

Previously, someone was asking for the KBS program where they showcase Joo Won's past dramas on KBS? 

sdee said that KBS and SBS have been 'making love calls' to Joo Won. By that, she means that they want him to appear on their station's programs. 

Here's the tudou link

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/2_o66nvcz-U/?resourceId=110952730_06_02_99

• Like 6

Previously, someone was asking for the KBS program where they showcase Joo Won's past dramas on KBS? 

sdee said that KBS and SBS have been 'making love calls' to Joo Won. By that, she means that they want him to appear on their station's programs. 

Here's the tudou link

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/2_o66nvcz-U/?resourceId=110952730_06_02_99

I heard that they even aired Fashion King in place of some other program which was cancelled or pushed back. That was at the start of YP.

• Like 6

Thank you for all the fan accounts! Glad that you all had a wonderful time. I am reading your fan accounts and smiling like a fool at my phone because I can imagine myself doing the same... Anything for Joowon-ie oppa~

@mrdimples in your post sharing sdee's email, she mentioned KBS airing a special about Joowon. Do you know which show it is? Entertainment Weekly? Even better, do you happen to have the link? *puppy dog eyes and goofy grin* Also, thank you for promising subs for healing camp. I will wait faithfully for it.

About the subs... If anyone finds Healing Camp with chinese subs can you please post it here or PM me? My chinese skills are half baked but I will convince my mom to read the subs to me. (I swear she thinks I'm too crazy for Joowon)

I've already seen healing camp raw and abused my rewind button.

And on the cultural influences on speech, nuances, etc...

Hidden Content

And about how soompi (ads) hates me...

Hidden Content

I guess it's called as 스타 프로파일링/Star Profiling or something like that

http://videofarm.daum.net/controller/video/viewer/Video.html?vid=v0803GRInGZ3YJh9GznRJ4J&play_loc=dcinside&width=640&height=360

The link above is from dc, I didn't find the full video in youtube ver. while tudou, I always have problem to open it :(

@Erin Lokanata I pm you the link alr.

another That Guy BTS+trailer from MBC (old vid. about 2 weeks ago?) - http://videofarm.daum.net/controller/video/viewer/Video.html?vid=v53504wGoxcGi5CP4Gllxyl&play_loc=dcinside&width=640&height=360

You can download both videos at http://2getflv.co.kr/2getflv

• Like 8

Yay thanks for the links @deardrama and @mrdimples!  ^^ 

I can't wait to watch the Healing camp ep with Cutie! Pretty sure I'll smile and laugh and bawl like I did when I watched his Win Win interview, and oh did I mention fall in love with him even more? *sigh* this man-child never fails to surprise and amaze us right? 

Were there negative articles already about some of his brutally honest comments? Or was it just the comments of anti's? All I've been seeing are onslaught of articles about him, mostly positive ones. And isn't it amazing how different each articles are? I mean I felt that the writers have a lot of materials to work with when they interview him. Idk with other actors but I felt that since Joo Won gives thoughtful answers and tries to answer all the questions sincerely, the writers then get a lot of things to write about or focus about based on his answers in the interview. 

As I said, I've yet to watch Healing Camp but his answers have always been consistent with what he was saying waaaaay back. That he has already set this path for himself to be an actor more than being a star. But I think he knows that he also needs a bit of popularity in order to have more project/role options to choose from in order to become a better actor. And I am glad that little by little he's gaining the love and admiration of the people that he has worked with and the lives that he has touched through his projects and interviews. 

• Like 7

Aiyoh, aiyoh... watching Good Doctor makes me want to cry. He acts so convincingly... aigoo, aigoo... I want to give Si On a tight squeeze... 

Where are you at? We can talk about the drama. 

At the point where he's beginning to come into himself as an adult. He's met his birth father who's one abusive SOB. And the female fellow, Cha Yoon Seo (Moon Chae Won) is starting to rethink how she views him. I have to say though, I'm really only just watching Joo Won than the entire show... The TV is on to help me stay awake (work. :( ) but the bits I'm paying attention to is when Si On is being such a sincere sweetie... That said, there are aspects of the portrayal of persons with autism that bothers me...

Was soompi unavailable for anyone else today?  Considering that I finally finished my paper instead of stalking through the thread and staring at JooWon's face, I guess it was a good thing. :P

I'm not sure, but I feel like this is something that was addressed before/during Good Doctor's original airing.  The show was being given good marks (I think?) because it was doing much better at portraying people on the spectrum than previous shows.  But that said, when I watched it, it did feel sometimes like the writing team had consulted a textbook for a list of attributes persons with ASD may have, and then told JooWon that he must have XYZ tics and behaviors.  It made him feel less real, if that makes sense.

What's your take gilaswan?

• Like 2

Was soompi unavailable for anyone else today?  Considering that I finally finished my paper instead of stalking through the thread and staring at JooWon's face, I guess it was a good thing. :P

Yup.  All the long afternoon.  Not that there's ever much going on here then anyway.  Curse being on this side of the planet. ;)

Clips from SBS from Healing Camp (a lot, so I'll hide most of them):

credit: entertainmentSBS

And this one...

Hahaha.  Oh honey, did you forget?  We've been through this before.

Taxi, December 2013:

lhMxC0E.jpg

But you have!  Look at all these people willing to jump into your arms!

woTbiS5.jpg

And now the MC of Healing Camp too, lol.  I'm sure there would be some volunteers here too.. :D

• Like 10

Yup.  All the long afternoon.  Not that there's ever much going on here then anyway.  Curse being on this side of the planet. ;)

Clips from SBS from Healing Camp (a lot, so I'll hide most of them):

Hidden Content

And this one...

Hahaha.  Oh honey, did you forget?  We've been through this before.

Taxi, December 2013:

lhMxC0E.jpg

But you have!  Look at all these people willing to jump into your arms!

And now the MC of Healing Camp too, lol.  I'm sure there would be some volunteers here too.. :D

You can practice that with me anytime Cutie! ♥ 

Thank you for the clips @ecs707a!  Now I want the subbed version asap! Cutie looks sooooo cute and handsome!!!! Aaaaahhhhh!! But what struck me too is that everyone there is seriously having a grand time. Like they're talking with a friend or something. Laughing away, getting all teary eyed and just enjoying the time! Awww! Makes me want to be there too! 

P.S. @mrdimples Thanks for the todou links for the KBS love call aka star profiling special for Cutie! He has come a long way already doesn't he? I just love how they were able to showcase Cutie's different charms. I don't think they've touched much on him singing osts but then they've mentioned that he is a musical actor so I guess singing's a given already. Haha! But seeing the clips from his past dramas makes me want to rewatch them all and be amazed at Cutie's transformation from one character to another! Amazing! ^^ I wonder if he'll be doing some guesting on KBS shows to promote his new movie? I'm pretty sure KBS will love that! Should he see Uhm Tae Woong and guest in Superman Returns? I'd love to see him interact with kids! Teehee! 

Edited by moonandhearts
  • Like 5

I had no idea that Joo Won received some SBS award last year. Did he? There's a part in HC where they show him receiving an award. It's in one of the videos in @ecs707a post . Caption said 2014 SBS Awards Festival 

His hair looks recent so it's even weirder, let me get to the subbed and see what's going on

Meanwhile, I love the look on the sunbaes' faces (eh...maybe they always look so adoringly when a hoobae gets an award? reading too much into it?)

screenshot_05_zpsrm7oewmn.jpg

screenshot_04_zpspjgmnpbc.jpgscreenshot_07_zpsshfj80lz.jpg

screenshot_06_zpsa4ehqilr.jpg

• Like 6

I had no idea that Joo Won received some SBS award last year. Did he? There's a part in HC where they show him receiving an award. It's in one of the videos in @ecs707a post . Caption said 2014 SBS Awards Festival 

His hair looks recent so it's even weirder, let me get to the subbed and see what's going on

Meanwhile, I love the look on the sunbaes' faces (eh...maybe they always look so adoringly when a hoobae gets an award? reading too much into it?)

Huh!? SBS awards? But Yongpal is his first SBS drama, so how could he get a 2014 award from SBS? That's weird. And it's like we haven't seen this. Or maybe that's just me. Haha! Will wait for your update! It's not the PD awards right?  

• Like 3

Huh!? SBS awards? But Yongpal is his first SBS drama, so how could he get a 2014 award from SBS? That's weird. And it's like we haven't seen this. Or maybe that's just me. Haha! Will wait for your update! It's not the PD awards right?  

I am trying not to give spoilers for Healing Camp but I cracked up that some message came through," Joo Won's dimples are so deep, like a swimming pool. I want to swim in them" :D 

Yup.....I will let you know about the awards. I am baffled too. 

• Like 6

I really miss Joo Won. TT

Seeing him once makes you want to see him again. He said he wants people to get mesmerized by his eyes, right? Well, we got sucked in deep from more than his eyes. It was everything about him that got us loving him as he is.

• Like 7

I am trying not to give spoilers for Healing Camp but I cracked up that some message came through," Joo Won's dimples are so deep, like a swimming pool. I want to swim in them" :D 

Yup.....I will let you know about the awards. I am baffled too. 

omo! Have the editors fallen in love with Cutie? Lol. 

The only explanation I can give to that clip is they edited that clip, placed Joo Won's face into another actor's body. So they can show to the audience what Cutie was saying about (again just guessing here) how it's probably awkward for him to get top awards with senior actors in front? 

• Like 4