Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Just done watching Ep1 with English sub, this ep doesnt disappoint me, The storyline is not so slow, I thought Ep1 mainly talk about PSO 's childhood, but I was wrong. The past and the present mix that not make me feel impatient.
In the the first few minutes I cried when seeing little PSO was beaten, he didnt even fight back, just lied still there and smiled at the rabbit. This scene really made my heart hurt.

The part when PSO saved the boy at the railway station made me feel nervous and anxious. Normally when I see that scene, I usually
fast forward to the next but it was not like that this time, The way PSO recalled what he has read in medical books and and follow it by the eyes with full of focus. Joo Won played this part amazingly, he remembered the medical terms while playing like person with autism.
Just wanna say
AWESOME :-bd

I laughed a lot with the part when PSO was introduced with new colleges, Is this only me to realize that Cutie has potential in acting comedy??? He made fun of Chief Go in front of others that make them laugh. I also like the part when he played the rubic, when Doc Kim entered the room, his face was really funny here, pretended nothing happended
s33f.png

The last part when Doctor Cha was drunken and entered the wrong room, I dont know how to describe his face that time, he looked a bit surprized, startled, innocent, childish. When she slept on his bed,
he did not know what to do, just went back and forth in the room. He looked extremely cute and pure here.
The morning scene I think I dont need to talk much, My feeling is the same as most all of you girls 96.gif93.gif7.gif73.GIF

Hope that with the appearance of Dr Cha, she can help him heal the sorrow deep in his heart and help him open his heart.
Cant wait tonight's episode. :)

Guest vivi86

@goldlotus where did you watch good doctor? on viki? i'm looking for an alternative site besides viki to watch good doctor

My Thoughts After Episode 1

The piece of music we heard at the end of the 9 minute preview turns out to be the introduction piece to the drama. I love it. It conveys feelings of optimism, hope and magic. It’s also no co-incidence that the first OST we hear is titled “Miracle”. I think this is the central message of this drama. Despite the imperfect world that we live in, our pain, suffering and loss, the human spirit is still capable of holding out hope and belief in better things to come. That’s when miracles happen. The miracle of a child brought back to life from the brink of death, the miracle of someone whom society deems useless but becomes an embodiment of hope and the miracle of love.

Park Si On has never walked alone. It’s true that he has problem making friends because of his disorder but from the start, he always had people who loved him and believed in him. We know now that it was not Chief Choi but his own hyung who first knew that Si On is a lot smarter than anyone is. They were obviously impoverished so I can imagine how long his hyung took to scramble enough money to buy him that toy medical kit.

When his hyung died, I am so glad that Dr Choi took care of him. He would not have lasted long in that abusive home. It was not said if his parents died or gave him up but Park Si On grew up in an orphanage. Thankfully, Dr Choi became his guardian. In the present, we see that Dr Choi has not only become a guardian but a strong father-son bond grew over the years. Cheon Ho Jin who plays Dr Choi is perfect in his role as the benevolent father figure who is a true doctor at heart. His gestures towards Si On have so much tenderness and love. This is one of the best father-son pairing I have seen.

Before this episode aired, I had wondered how Joo Sang Wook will fare. I associated him so much with TEN as Yeo Ji Hoon that I thought he is just going to carry on his brooding look into Good Drama. I must say Joo Sang Wook did a great job in portraying Dr Kim Do Han, the perfectionist who insist on the best from his team and barks at whoever slips up. He possessed that commanding demeanor and strong headed personality which is so fitting for a leader. As we know beneath that hard surface lies a sad past which involves a death of a sibling. I just hope there’s a good story there because much has been made of this incident which dealt Dr Kim a heavy blow and shaped the man into what he is today.

On the surface, it seems Moon Chae Won has an easy role. She plays Dr Cha Yoon Seo, an idealistic, passionate, feisty doctor with a heart of gold, always reaching out for the ones in pain and the trodden. But female characters like this are a dime and dozen in kdramaland. As much as I detest ‘door mat’ female characters, I am also allergic to ‘fiesty, eternally upbeat’ ones.  Thankfully, in the hands of a capable actress like Moon Chae Won, Dr Cha is instantly likeable and lovable. In just that short encounter with Park Si On in the closing and in the preview of episode 2, I am already in love with our couple.

Playing the main character in this drama, Joo Won is nothing but amazing. Park Si On hands goes up to his chest and shake uncontrollably when he is under extreme pressure. He also scratches his fingernails on his hand when he gets nervous or agitated. These are all stimming, characteristic of autism. He blinks his eyes hard when he feels awkward or when he tries to snap out of a daze. His mouth opens slightly agape when he is in deep concentration or lost in his own world. He is capable of making eye contact but not for period of time that’s normal for others. So far, we do not see ‘normal’ expressions of joy or sadness in Park Si On. This part is the most challenging for any actor. Joo Won is awesome when it comes to acting intense emotions. No other his age could have portrayed the depth of anger, rage, sorrow and the whole gamut of emotions he displayed so convincingly in Bridal Mask. He also showed he could play them nuance like he did in Ojagkyo Brothers. But this time, it’s a whole new challenge. So far, I only see the intensity when he became agitated as Hyeon Woo, the little boy slipped into dangerous condition after the medical team failed to diagnose correctly initially. It seems Park Si On doesn’t cry. He certainly didn’t in the saddest moments of his life. I love Joo Won’s crying scenes because he never fails to gut me. Yes, you do not need an actor to cry to touch you but I am still curious as to how Joo Won will portray sadness and sorrow in episodes to come.  

One episode in, what I felt  Joo Won did exceptionally well in was the way he portrayed Park Si On as a man with a child-like personality and mannerisms without being annoying. He got that childlike voice pat down. Thankfully it wasn’t high pitch but just a notch or two higher than his norm. It wasn’t so much the pitch per se but the way he talked, slightly monotone, shoots out rapidly when it’s a subject he knows. Most of all, Joo Won’s Park Si On is so lovable and funny. I love the way he tries to style his hair into something more mature but decides against it by just messing it up. I love how he enjoyed the 3D experience with the innocence and wonder of a child. I love how he sheepishly steps into the empty board room when he realized he totally missed his appointment. I love how unreservedly excited he was when he knew Dr Choi was going to buy him galbi for lunch. I laughed so hard at his bullet speed introduction and how he made fun of Dr Go, the no good, Chief of Pediatric Surgery without even knowing it. At the same time, I marveled at his genius when he saved the boy, when he rattled all the right answers to Dr Kim’s questions. I even pumped my fist when he solved that monster rubik cube which Dr Kim couldn’t even crack after a week. In the weeks to come, I will firmly seated in this rollercoaster ride with Dr Park as he tackles challenges, faced adversity and perform miracles.

Butterflies symbolize different things in different cultures. So far, they have yet to expound on the significance of the butterfly which features in the opening of the drama. I would like to think that the symbolism here is metamorphosis. As Park Si On embarks on his journey to fulfill his dream to be a doctor, he will not be the only one who will experience significant changes in his life. He will be the catalyst of change in the way of thinking and in the lives of people around. That may be the other message that this drama wishes to convey. An autistic person may be made different but he or she can also make a difference to the world we all live in.

Guest joongieforeva

farbarri said: @goldlotus OMG!!!! YoonSeo slept on his bed? THAT's why he was going back and forth that night? i thought he just wants to introduce himself! silly me.....  ;))

I was all so excited by Yoon Seo and Si On's Bed Scene in the opening night that I forgotten that's not their first meeting!

It's supposed to be this, isn't it?

Will this be shown? I clean forgotten this scene in the very first trailer. In ep 1, I thought Park Si On had arrived at the University Hospital in the ambulance? Maybe this is when he went to retrieve his bag and suitcase and bumped into Dr Cha who knocked off earlier and was on her way home or rather her uncle's bar.

Well, what can I say? Dr Park, when opportunity knocks, not once but twice, Carpe Diem!

source: innolife.co.kr

Joo Won 'Good Doctor', won the top with starting

6764_1.jpg It was an expected result. By the combination of Joo Won and Moon Chae-Won, 'KBS box-office couple', viewers showed reaction immediatly. KBS new Monday-Tuesday drama 'Good Doctor' recorded the viewing rate of double figures at the first episode, grabbing the No.1 between dramas in same times. On 6th, according to viewing rate research company, Nilson Korea, 'Good Doctor' aired on 5th recorded the viewing rate of 10.9% for the first episode, becoming the top of Monday-Tuesday dramas. The original No.1, MBC 'Goddess of Fire' became the second by 10.0%. SBS 'Golden Emprire' recorded 9.8%. This day the first broadcast showed why Park Shi-On dreamed of paediatric surgeon. Especially Joo Won performed well like he actually has developmental disorder. Meanwhile, 'Good Doctor' showed its power from the first episode. It is receiving attentions about until when it will keep its hit. [Photo=KBS]