Anyone know any good brand of Vitamin C serum?

Guest lovefool

Guest lovefool

its supposed to be really good for your skin
I was speaking with my dermatologist today about my blemishes (specifically redness from past acne around the cheeks) she said I could start including vitamin C serum in my daily skincare routine. The one that she has at her office is around $60. Does anyone know any brands of vitamin C serum's for a reasonable price and recommend? I checked on sasa.com but the products they have are pretty expensive as well. I noticed vitamin C serum's are NOT cheap at all!

I googled it and found one for a cheaper price but I've never heard of the brand but its around $13

65474945380_450x450_a.jpg

Here are some information: [credit: ehow]

TOPICAL USES AND BENEFITS

Vitamin C is used in skin care as a strong antioxidant, especially in regard to protecting the skin from sun damage. It strengthens the skin barrier and thickens the dermis. It can expedite the healing of wounds and reduce inflammation. In high concentrations, it can reduce the appearance of skin discoloration. Most important, it promotes collagen production, which subsequently plumps the skin and lends it radiance and smoothness. Dermatologists often use vitamin-C products to enhance the effects of cosmetic treatments, such as microdermabrasion and chemical peels.

Facial Serums Versus Moisturizers

A facial serum is not the same as a facial moisturizer, and most cosmetic skin-care lines offer (and recommend) both. A serum, often lighter and thinner in consistency compared to a moisturizer, is applied to the face after cleansing, and before the moisturizer. Serums usually have specific functions, such as anti-aging or free-radical protection. Serums are able to penetrate deep into the skin layers, while moisturizers address only the superficial surface tissue and its condition.

Read more: What Are the Benefits of Vitamin-C Serum for the Face? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5427884_benefits-vitaminc-serum-face.html#ixzz0ttkH2QFq

Guest PeachyPie

I use Avalon Vitamin C Serum in the morning. I've been using it for a month now and my face looks so much brighter and more even toned. I got it for $20 at Walmart, but it was money well spent. I'm gonna buy another one when I run out of the one I'm using now. No breakouts from it either. I don't like the citrusy smell of it though.

Guest PDURRR

i'm using this brand http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=155628&catid=21503

1.7 oz for 15$ is not bad

i haven't found anything bigger and cheaper yet

it was like 13$ for awhile so i bought 4 for free shipping :X

Guest sweetfantasy09

HABA's white lady. Highly recommended. It has been one of the top selling item in japan, HK and in whichever country that carries HABA (mostly asia). if you are in the US, you can take a look at their US website. just go to www.haba.com and look for white lady. this product is from hokkaido

Guest mythairefyry

I'm using the MD skincare Vitamin C serum. I like it very much because it makes my face feel super smooth. I'd like to recommend it to you but it's really expensive ($95 for 1 oz). I got mine before though at a 90% off during a Hautelook sale . I suggest you stalk Hautelook if you would like to try it

Also, I believe the collagen-boosting properties of vitamin C also works from inside out soo remember to take your vitamin C tablets every day :)

Guest lovefool

HABA's white lady. Highly recommended. It has been one of the top selling item in japan, HK and in whichever country that carries HABA (mostly asia). if you are in the US, you can take a look at their US website. just go to www.haba.com and look for white lady. this product is from hokkaido

thanks for the recommendation! I googled HABA white lady and i read the reviews and it seems like a majority of the reviewers really liked it. The cheapest price I could find was around $28...it's still kind of expensive but it sounds very promising.

Guest lovefool

I'm using the MD skincare Vitamin C serum. I like it very much because it makes my face feel super smooth. I'd like to recommend it to you but it's really expensive ($95 for 1 oz). I got mine before though at a 90% off during a Hautelook sale . I suggest you stalk Hautelook if you would like to try it

Also, I believe the collagen-boosting properties of vitamin C also works from inside out soo remember to take your vitamin C tablets every day :)

I read that broccoli has alot of vitamin C and red and yellow peppers. I'm not used to taking vitamin supplements so I usually just eat alot of veggies, but i'm not sure which has more vitamin C?

Guest lovefool

I use Avalon Vitamin C Serum in the morning. I've been using it for a month now and my face looks so much brighter and more even toned. I got it for $20 at Walmart, but it was money well spent. I'm gonna buy another one when I run out of the one I'm using now. No breakouts from it either. I don't like the citrusy smell of it though.

I think I will definitely give the avalon one a try since you used it before so I feel safer purchasing it. if my skin reacts unfavorably like BoAFriend said, i will switch to HABA white lady.

Guest PeachyPie

Yeah, it's really nice. My skin is extremely sensitive and I haven't had any adverse reactions to it. It feels somewhat tacky when first applied to the skin, but the tackiness goes away within a minute or two. I read that topical vitamin c help increase your natural spf and protect against photoaging. I'm not sure how true that is, but I noticed a difference in how my skin looked within the first two weeks of consistent use. My complexion looks brighter and has a healthier glow. Plus, it makes my makeup go on more smoothly. :lol:

Also with Avalon you don't have to worry about it oxidizing since it contains a stable form of vitamin c. It's a great beginner product. I wish I could find a l-ascorbic acid powder here in Canada without having to order it online. If it's available from where you live I suggest making your own vitamin c topical. It's a lot more potent compared to the ones you can get in stores and it won't burn a hole in your pocket. All the ingredients you would need would probably end up costing you about $30, maybe even less than that. And it will last you ages probably like 3-5 months since one batch will last a week before you have to make a new one.

• 4 years later...

OZ-naturals-vitamin-C-serumcropped1.jpg

OZ NATURALS VITAMIN C SERUM
OZ Naturals, this is what I found through searching through another forum, it is apparently the best seeling beauty product on all of Amazon, I've been using this for about a month now, and I can definitely see an improvement in the glow of my skin. 

NuNutrients VITAMIN C Serum
This is the one I have used before, it does have the same benefits, except it is longer for my skin to absorb and a tad bit more expensive, it was however recommended by my dermatologist, and I do also use the retexturing serum by NuNutrients as well as their Retinol Cream, so I do have a bias toward this brand.  

vizion_ said:

OZ Naturals, this is what I found through searching through another forum, it is apparently the best seeling beauty product on all of Amazon, I've been using this for about a month now, and I can definitely see an improvement in the glow of my skin. 

This is the one I have used before, it does have the same benefits, except it is longer for my skin to absorb and a tad bit more expensive, it was however recommended by my dermatologist, and I do also use the retexturing serum by NuNutrients as well as their Retinol Cream, so I do have a bias toward this brand.  

• 1 month later...

vizion_ said:

Archived