Belly Piercings

x_shirley

Guest bebeSO-viet

I doubt what you heard was true. More than half of the people I know have belly piercings. It gets infected, but you just need to use a cleaning thing.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xkiseki

i paid 80 for mines and i had no issues with it. but i had some friends who got it really infected and had to take it out which lef tthem a scar.

one of the ways to know whether or not your body will reject it is to figru out how your ear piercings respond to types of metals. i had one friend who was so allergic to certain types of metals that her body literally began pushing the belly piercing out of her, and it hurt a lot!

so check to see what kind of metals you're allergic to first with your ear piercings and then ask your body piercer about what type sof metals they use.

As for cleaning, Epsom salts and contact solution does wonders to get out the deposits that forma round your new piercing whiel its pussing. It'll help prevent infection.

good luck to you!

Guest swtlilazn

gosh, i've never herd of a place that u can get ur belly pierced for $20, lol, all the places in perth have like a minimum of $60 i think...its all professional though, lol=p

Guest liltweekstar

i got it done for $60.. and as long as you follow instructions as to how to care for it..then you'll be fine. i've never gotten infected before.

Guest kneenuh

i got mine for like $30 i think. mine got infected and a lot of puss came out b/c my skin doesn't react well to anything that's not gold, but it's perfectly fine now.. having to chop off half her body seems a bit extreme. your mom's probably just trying to scare you

Guest im` l0vEd

go to mom's piercing

they are really good.

i didn't go to mom's piercing. but it cost me 40 bucks.(some place in the mission)

u can only change it when its done healing or u need to switch to a smaller barbell

Btw, if you don't want to do the one on MacArthur BLVD (you'll know why if you go there but I personally think it's alright), you can go to one in Berkeley called Zebras. Zebras is known for really good piercings with good quality but can be expensive (ear piercings can go up to $100 as far as I know, Not sure about belly piercings though). But with Zebras, you need parental signature and stuff but you'll get an awesome piercing. If you want to go to Berkeley, take the 51 bus in Chinatown. It'll take you all the way to Berkeley. Zebras is on Telegraph Avenue.

Oh, and there's one tattoo/piercing shop near Chinatown (under the bridge) but I've never tried it before.

:)

Zebra looks kind of sketchy but they're REALLY good with piercings... like that person said, it's slightly more expensive and you are technically supposed to have a parent signature but it's really easy to get around. xDD

Guest stellabella

I have a question. Let's say you get your belly pierced and sometime down the road you decide you don't want it anymore...when you take it out, does it leave a scar or mark of any kind?

I'm in Korea...and well after reading what beautylicious said...i might get it done on my own (my parents would NEVER let me do this). So, would it leave a scar or mark?

it got infected then they had to chop off her bottom half of her body... kinda hard to believe but still

WHAT?! :blink::blink::blink::huh::huh:

Then, half of her body is gone??

Wooww.....pretty scary.

That's why I don't have pierced belly. :ph34r:

Guest i heart victoria's secret

it shouldn't cost 65 dollars! wth??!! but sometimes your skin can eject the bellyring out & so the hole can close up...that's what happened to my friends

The first time I had it done, it was okay until it started to migrate out... that HURT LIKE A richard simmons. And it left a scar. ;__; So yeah, a year later (just a few weeks ago) I got it done again. And well, this time I was a FREAK when it came to cleaning it. I cleaned it at least three times a day.. but still it got infected to the point where the top ball started sinking INTO my skin... so I had to take it out.. because that's really dangerous. Yeah...

I dunno why it got so infected though because I cleaned it all the time and never touched it unless I was cleaning. ~_~ Makes me pissed off. It cost me $55. So yeah... be careful~

Guest sundubu <3

$65 at Zebra in Berkeley on Telegraph Ave. including barbell. that's where i got mine. They're the best in town - clean and quick pros. Don't be intimidated by the "interesting" people that work there b/c they are good at what they do. They take a quick look at your belly button to see if they can actually pierce it (if you have enough skin or too much skin, innie/outtie, etc). It didn't hurt at all and I also got a free can of soda after ... the lady put it on saran wrap on top of my peircing partly to numb it, partly as a "gift" for giving them business i guess?? lol

Guest xsmilesz

how much did it cost you? $25

is there any side effects? nope.

how long until you can change the bellyring? i changed mine about 3wks - 1month later. I couldn't wait. :blush:

is it true that you can get some numbing spray from the hospital and spray some on your belly before piercing it? i have no idea.

does the pinching really hurt more then the piercing? putting in the bellyring hurt more than then pinching.

it's been a year since I got mine. it never got infected, and I rarely clean it. like once in a while. i guess I got lucky. :D

Guest hunny~bunny

I CURRENTLY LIVE IN KOREA and i got my belly piercing here in korea!!

in korea your age doesn't matter and your parents don't have to give permission, so i got mines secretly!!

i got it done at a cheap place for $20!!

the place was cheap but the piercing was excellently done!!

when they pierce your belly, of course it hurts but i have a very high pain tolerancy, so i passed!!

after i got it pierced i went to the pharmacy and told them i got my belly pierced and what medicine should i take and what should i put on it1!

the lady gave me some alcohol thingy that mom's use on new born baby's belly button and some medicine thing!!

at first i was really scared about whether i should get my belly pierced cuz a lotta people who got it done had problems, but luckily mines is fine!! it's great!!

just remember that belly piercings take anywhere from 6 months to 1 year to properly heal!! so don't change belly rings for atleast 6 months or else you'll get it infected!! ok??

ok i hoped this helped!! lol

ok!! what great advice!!

Guest minie

I got mine done for about $30 USD but it was done when I was studying in Tokyo and that was 4 years ago so the price must be higher now.

I got it done at the hospital and the nurse told me not to go swimming for at least 2 months and not to change the earring for a month. I changed it like 2 weeks after and it was fine but that was b/c I religiously applied the cream they gave me to prevent infection. So please remember to apply the cream!!!

• 11 months later...
Guest b7jky

When I had my navel done... which was about 3 years back, I forgot how much it cost but thinking about it... it wasn't cheap x_x

I was only 14/15...[im currently 17]

When I had it done, yeah I did get these freeze spray put on me but apparently it's illegal to do that? I didn't know at the time but couldn't care less cause it prevented me from feeling the pain =D Although I do wonder what it would be like? x_x

My scaffolding piercing was by far the most painful one I had done... ever since then I've been put off piercings... not to mention the gallons of blood I lost x_x

Archived