Belly Piercings

x_shirley

just a few questions about it

how much did it cost you?

is there any side effects?

cause my mom told me her friends daughter got it done... and it got infected then they had to chop off her bottom half of her body... then it goti paralyzed?

how long until you can change the bellyring?

is it true that you can get some numbing spray from the hospital and spray some on your belly before piercing it?

does the pinching really hurt more then the piercing?

and if you live in the BAYAREA... do you know a good place to get it done

EDIT:: i been got my belly piercing =] haha thats to the feedback in this thread.. i was super scared before i got it pierced hahaha but it didnt hurt... AT ALL haha i guess i have a high tolerance for pain. =]

thank you everyone who took the time to answer my question

PIC

i waited like a month then i changed my belly ring... im sorry soompi, i couldn't resist =[ everything is fine though, its been a few months since i changed it and nothings wrong with it

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CloudyDays

how much did it cost you? $65

is there any side effects? just don't change the jewelry early

how long until you can change the bellyring? wait at least a year PLEASEEE

is it true that you can get some numbing spray from the hospital and spray some on your belly before piercing it? i dont kno bout this

uh no.

Guest donna.nguyen

er chop half her belly? haha i think ur mum doesn't want u to get it... umm well mines closed up now cause i changed the ring to a bar that was not long enough and then my skin like split in half around the belly... gross i know and i had it in for 9 months before that happened. so yeah if u change belly rings get a proper one its worth it... oh and i was sh*tting bricks thinking it'll hurt like crazy but its not even that bad, it was quick and like a pinch. yeah now my belly looks hella plain witout the ring just waiting till it heals completely and getting it done agains.

how much $?? hmm not too expensive def. not 65!! wth?

and you can change ur belly ring the NEXT DAY or so, but you should wait at least

2-3 days...

and no, u dun chop off half of ur body.. -_____- hahah

ur soo naive =)

jus be careful wen ur wearing long belly ring...it can get

caught on ur pants or shirt..so yeah.. ^^

and make sure u clean it everyday...thats about it...

oh and it doesnt hurt that much ^^

Guest *Enchantee*

how much did it cost you? $65

is there any side effects? just don't change the jewelry early

how long until you can change the bellyring? wait at least a year PLEASEEE

is it true that you can get some numbing spray from the hospital and spray some on your belly before piercing it? i dont kno bout this

uh no.

^wow $65 ..I got mine like $25..

nd the pain it depends on how much ur pain tolerance but for me it didn't hurt much..

good luck to u^^

Guest JooXay

i think you can get it for $25 but like professional places are usually more expensive. possibly around $65. professional places are safer though, more sterile and trustable i mean.

i'm considering getting mine pierced too.

Guest beautylicious87

I CURRENTLY LIVE IN KOREA and i got my belly piercing here in korea!!

in korea your age doesn't matter and your parents don't have to give permission, so i got mines secretly!!

i got it done at a cheap place for $20!!

the place was cheap but the piercing was excellently done!!

when they pierce your belly, of course it hurts but i have a very high pain tolerancy, so i passed!!

after i got it pierced i went to the pharmacy and told them i got my belly pierced and what medicine should i take and what should i put on it1!

the lady gave me some alcohol thingy that mom's use on new born baby's belly button and some medicine thing!!

at first i was really scared about whether i should get my belly pierced cuz a lotta people who got it done had problems, but luckily mines is fine!! it's great!!

just remember that belly piercings take anywhere from 6 months to 1 year to properly heal!! so don't change belly rings for atleast 6 months or else you'll get it infected!! ok??

ok i hoped this helped!! lol

Guest Steph*

Cost: $80 including barbell.

Side effects: none. eh...it did turn a way darker color though...whenever i take my ring out you can clearly see the piercing.

Guest Mrs.Lucifer

whoa 80 dollars? whoaaa. you can get yours done for 6.50 in downtown at my place ;/ a lot of my friends have it. it gets swollen/infected very easily.

Guest poorplesocks

i got mine for somewhere along the lines of $20-30? i don't really remember; i've had it for about 6 months already. it's still all dark and stuff, the area lining the piercing.

you really shouldn't change your piercing so early, but waiting for it to heal could be a hassle because it takes a long time. a friend of mine changed hers about 4-5months after she got it, and it got infected afterwards because she kept taking it out and putting it back in.

i went with a group of friends to get it done, and we were all scared about how much it was going to hurt. it really didn't hurt for me at all. it was just like getting pinched for a few short seconds - actually, not even, but i guess it depends on your pain tolerance. i don't think numbing is really necessary for a belly piercing though.

if you're scared of infections, you should just be sure to take care of it. you should be able to purchase some sea-salt sprays (was that what it is? i don't know; i haven't been using mine these days :vicx:) from where you get it done - those help clean the piercing and help it heal.

Guest .GRACIE.

Can your belly button rip when yer sleeping... if you roll around and such? Cause thats wat I heard could happen.

Guest x`ind

^ no. not in my experience.

sigh had double belly piercings, (inverse and reg) they were 40 bucks a piece, illegally done...but good...easy to take care of unless you get lazy and don't wash it every day for a couple months then it'll get infected but nothing seroius just gets all itchy and red just keep washing it...kinda annoying/useless after a while so i took them out.

Guest beIntimate.

how much did it cost you? $60

is there any side effects? hurts if you bump it for ateast 1 month.

how long until you can change the bellyring? rounghly 6 months..

is it true that you can get some numbing spray from the hospital and spray some on your belly before piercing it? i have no idea.

does the pinching really hurt more then the piercing? no.

mine is all healed now ^^

Cost me $35.

I changed it after 3 monthes.

It was cheap for me because I don't live on the coasts, and it's cheaper in this small town I live in. They actually gave me some fragrance free soap. Really great services.

It didn't hurt me at all. There was very minimal pain. It was just a little pinch for like 2 seconds. Then whoop it was done! :D

Just make sure you wash it everyday. And if it hurts, use salt water to soak it. It is actually pretty hard to get it infected if you take care of it like how you're supposed to.

If you just ask the piercer person, they'll tell you everything you need to know. :)

Guest pinkpuffipillows

how much did it cost you? $35

is there any side effects? um pussing

cause my mom told me her friends daughter got it done... and it got infected then they had to chop off her bottom half of her body... kinda hard to believe but still she lied

how long until you can change the bellyring? i changed mine after a month, so wait at least a month, it takes at least a year to heal though

is it true that you can get some numbing spray from the hospital and spray some on your belly before piercing it? never heard of that

does the pinching really hurt more then the piercing? to me...yes

and if you live in the BAYAREA... do you know a good place to get it done i don't live in the bay area

and to clean it use freaking sea salt, nothing else, sea salt, antibacterial soap is a no no

Guest namuimnida

mine was 30, and 20 if i brought a friend.

my side effect was migrating. well not really but it went from | to /. i took it out but i definitely want it again. wait a month before changing.

just clean with mild soap, very thoroughly and watch it beautify~

none of it really hurts unless you really dont want it :P

Guest kpxshininglove

er chop half her belly? haha i think ur mum doesn't want u to get it... umm well mines closed up now cause i changed the ring to a bar that was not long enough and then my skin like split in half around the belly... gross i know and i had it in for 9 months before that happened. so yeah if u change belly rings get a proper one its worth it... oh and i was sh*tting bricks thinking it'll hurt like crazy but its not even that bad, it was quick and like a pinch. yeah now my belly looks hella plain witout the ring just waiting till it heals completely and getting it done agains.

that's EXACTLY what happened to mine. i'm still pissed about it. i had mine for 8 months. it closed just about a year ago now. so i'm getting it re done in July. my scar is just this little dot though. anyways...

i paid 40. and it didn't hurt that bad...but then again, i have a high tolerance for pain. while my friend was practically crying when she got it done. i'd wait more than a month to change the ring

Guest Vindictive

First of all, that chopped off bottom body.. that can probably happen if you're hella ignorant about your infection and no one is that ignorant of an infection.

My friend got hers done on her birthday last year for about $30 without parentals. No, she didn't do it herself. For her, she bought her own piercing on ebay or something, I forgot for like $10. It was one of those piercings made for piercing the first time.. I forgot what they're called though. That way, it's cheaper if you get your own jewelry instead of making it ridiciously expensive with the total amount.

She got it done at thise one place, damn I forgot the name. This was a year ago. Let's just say I know you & you'll know my directions. It's across the street from the McDonalds on MacArthur BLVD. It's the street near Bret Harte MS. You can get it done there without parentals. It's on the second floor but when you're walking up the stairs, you'll see a lot of signs saying oh you can't go in if you're under 18 but don't mind that. Ask the guy and he'll do it for you.

For my friend, she couldn't bend down for the first week or two she got her piercing. It pussed a lot. She kept touching it though. You'll have urges to touch it but don'tttt. My friend changed hers after about 3 months but to be safe, wait for a year. Also, clean it up as much as possible (more than once a day). Use salt water or antibacterial handsoap only (that's what it says online and no rubbing alchohol), anything else will cause infection. The place we got it done at preferred us to use this one kind of medicine. Bactine.

I'm not sure how much it hurted but basically they're sticking a about 6 inche needle (give or take) into the are you want pierced, and they put the piercing on top, I think, and pull it down and VIOLA, it's done.

I'm not sure about that numbing thing though but I've never heard of a spray that makes you numb.. Maybe they're talking about the ones for your mouth? It numbs your munth for awhile but not the skin (diferent tissues I guess)

Btw, if you don't want to do the one on MacArthur BLVD (you'll know why if you go there but I personally think it's alright), you can go to one in Berkeley called Zebras. Zebras is known for really good piercings with good quality but can be expensive (ear piercings can go up to $100 as far as I know, Not sure about belly piercings though). But with Zebras, you need parental signature and stuff but you'll get an awesome piercing. If you want to go to Berkeley, take the 51 bus in Chinatown. It'll take you all the way to Berkeley. Zebras is on Telegraph Avenue.

Oh, and there's one tattoo/piercing shop near Chinatown (under the bridge) but I've never tried it before.

:)

Guest mzjoyce

how much did it cost you? $30, including barbell

is there any side effects? There's pus, and a little soreness the first week if you touch it.

cause my mom told me her friends daughter got it done... and it got infected then they had to chop off her bottom half of her body... kinda hard to believe but still doubt that happened.

how long until you can change the bellyring? AT LEAST 6 months. But wait longer.

is it true that you can get some numbing spray from the hospital and spray some on your belly before piercing it? never heard of that

does the pinching really hurt more then the piercing? yea. (for me.)

and if you live in the BAYAREA... do you know a good place to get it i don't live there, but look around! Don't settle. look for a good place

For me, it was cheap, well done, and the guy should explain EVERYTHING to you. If the place isn't clean, LEAVE! If anything doesn't look right, LEAVE! If they can't answer questions, LEAVE! Take REALLY good care of it, because if it gets infected, you have to take it out and let it heal. Don't worry about the cute/pretty barbells until afterrrrr you heal. Don't be tempted to change it early. & Don't get lazy with cleaning. That's my two cents.

and to clean it use freaking sea salt, nothing else, sea salt, antibacterial soap is a no no

Guest lovejyk

i think you can get it for $25 but like professional places are usually more expensive. possibly around $65. professional places are safer though, more sterile and trustable i mean.

i'm considering getting mine pierced too.

What do you mean by "professional?" <_<

People who have a shop and are certified to do belly piercings are professionals. It doesn't matter what they charge you. You can still be a professional even if you charge belly rings for $25... :sweatingbullets:

I got mine for $45. You should get a barbell instead of a ring... Easier to clean and much more safer too. If you get a barbell, you can change the balls on it to a different colored ball if you want. You don't have to take the bar out or whatever as long as the gauge is the same. Your mom was just exaggerating, don't worry about it. But if she's not liking the idea of you getting it... hmm.. :unsure:

Archived