[Drama 2010] Secret Garden 시크릿 가든

Guest salasala

Guest o-cha

Well...but the news also mention the extension of Life Is Beautiful (the drama before Secret Garden). That drama will be extended until November....so....in reality Ha Ji Won can still join Secret Garden as soon as she's done with her movie filming.

Here's the translation

http://news.donga.com/Enter/TV/3/0901/20100803/30274834/5

‘하지원 컴백’ 열쇠가 김수현?

'Ha Ji Won's Comeback' - the Key is Kim Soo Hyun?

24522698.4.jpg

하지원과 재범, 드라마 출연하나? 안하나?’

Ha Ji Won and Jae Bum, will they film the drama? or will they not?

<FONT size=3>톱스타 하지원(<FONT >

하지원과 함께 극 중 중요 인물로 드라마를 이끌어갈 재범의 출연은 기대와 달리 어려울 것으로 전해지고 있다. 그의 최종 출연 여부를 놓고 이번 주 중에 관계자들이 만나 결정할 예정이지만 방송가에서는 재범의 안방극장 데뷔가 불발될 가능성이 높은 것으로 전망하고 있다.

It is difficult for Jae Bum to participate in the drama. His representative and the production team will meet to decide on his participation this week but it is highly likely that his drama debut will not happen.

이정연 기자 annjoy@donga.com

Lee Jung Yun reporting

Sooooo..it all depends on Life Is Beautiful extension...which brings us to this other slightly more recent article

http://news.nate.com/view/20100803n07661

The article basically confirms the 20 episode extension of 'Life Is Beautiful' and that Secret Garden's premiere date is scheduled for November 13.

At this moment I feel quite confident of Ha Ji Won's participation especially considering the extension for Life Is Beautiful.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest o-cha

well...Sidus HQ just rebutted the rumours of Jae Bum not participating in the drama...everyone getting confused with all the casting news yet?:lol:

http://www.allkpop.c...n-secret-garden

Could Jay Park still appear in Secret Garden?

by maestro-J on August 4, 2010 at 1:04 am

20100804_jayparkstarsecretgarden_main.jpg

Last week, it was revealed that Jay Park would possibly not be able to star in SBS’s upcoming drama Secret Garden due to his busy schedule. But now, it looks like talks are still ongoing between the two sides, despite the reports by the Korean media.

On the August 4th, Jay Park’s agency Sidus HQ stated:

We want to announce that the recent reports about Jay Park not starring in Secret Garden are false. Sidus HQ and Jay Park have had positive discussions regarding the drama, and we are currently waiting on the decision of the side of Secret Garden to confirm the cast.

Regarding the reports of Jay Park not starring due to his busy schedule, Sidus HQ replied back:

The reports that said Jay Park is not starring due to his busy schedules are false.

Let’s hope that the production company for Secret Garden will make a decision soon.

Source: Nate

I'm also seeing more news articles with basically the same content...Sidus rebutting the 'Jae Bum's not being involved' rumor.

I don't think it's a metter of Secret Garden production company not making a decision yet..it's a matter of can they set a shooting schedule for Jay considering her has a movie filming right now.  And I think the fact that Secret GArden has been moved back to November makes it possible for Jay to perhaps join the cast.

i like the cast already. Ha Ji Won and Jang Hyuk is enough to make me happy. I love these two and i can tell it will be a great drama.

Official confirmation for Yoon Sang Hyun..it was one of the most searched on daum realtime search today

Anyway one of the articles

http://www.artsnews.co.kr/news/95545

윤상현, '시크릿 가든'으로 1년만에 안방극장 복귀

Yoon Sang Hyun Returning to TV After 1 Year With 'Secret Garden'

[아츠뉴스 뷰티스타 홍지예 기자] 배우 윤상현이 SBS 새 주말드라마 '시크릿 가든'으로 안방극장에 복귀한다.

[Arts News Beauty Star Hong Ji Ae reporting] Actor Yoon Sang Hyun makes his return to TV in the new SBS weekend drama 'Secret Garden'/

윤상현 소속사 관계자는 "윤상현이 드라마 출연을 확정지었다"며 "오는 14일 첫 대본 연습에 돌입한다"고 밝혔다

A representative from Yoon Sang Hyun's company said "Yoon Sang Hyuk's participation in the drama is confirmed." "He will join the first script reading on the 14th."

1659_L_1281452185.jpg

윤상현은 '시크릿가든'에서 한물간 한류스타 오스카 역을 맡아 길라임 역의 하지원과 까칠한 백화점 사장 김주원 역의 장혁과 삼각관계를 형성할 예정이다.

In 'Secret Garden' Yoon Sang Hyuk plays Oscar, a washed-up Hallyu star, who will form a loe triangle with Gil Ra Im (Ha Ji Won) and the petulant department store ownner Kim Joo Won (Jang Hyuk).

윤상현은 윤은혜와 호흡을 맞춘 KBS 2TV 드라마 '아가씨를 부탁해' 이후 1년 만에 안방극장에 복귀하는 셈이다.

This marks 1 year returning to TV after Yoon Sang Hyun matched up with Yoon Eun Hye in KBS 2 TV drama 'My Fair Lady'.

한편, '시크릿가든'은 '온에어', '파리의 연인'으로 환상의 콤비를 이뤘던 신우철 PD와 김은숙 작가가 다시 한번 의기투합해 화제를 모은 작품으로 윤상현, 장혁, 하지원을 비롯 이필립, 김사랑 등이 출연하며, 오는 11월 방송 예정이다.

The dream combo of PD Shin Woo Chul and writer Kim Eun Sook of 'On-Air' and 'Lovers In Paris' doing 'Secret Garden' is attracting a lot of attention. 'Secret Garden' stars Yoon Sang Hyun, Jang Hyuk, Ha Ji Won and also includes Lee Philip, Kim Sa Rang and others and is planned to be broadcasted in November.

The dream combo of PD Shin Woo Chul and writer Kim Eun Sook of 'On-Air' and 'Lovers In Paris' doing 'Secret Garden' is attracting a lot of attention. 'Secret Garden' stars Yoon Sang Hyun, Jang Hyuk, Ha Ji Won and also includes Lee Philip, Kim Sa Rang and others and is planned to be broadcasted in November.

Broadcasted in November ? I thought it would be aired in September :wacko: If SG have their first read in Aug 14, airing in Sept is not quite promising. Hope they'll have more time for shooting but can't wait to watch it :rolleyes:

Broadcasted in November ? I thought it would be aired in September  :wacko: If SG have their first read in Aug 14, airing in Sept is not quite promising. Hope they'll have more time for shooting but can't wait to watch it  :rolleyes:

It got postponed to Nov 13 since Life Is Beautiful is getting an extension.

An article about Yoon Sang Hyun but talking a bit about his approach to playing Oscar in 'Secret Garden'

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype2.htm?ut=1&name=/news/entertainment/201008/20100814/a8n75136.htm

'태봉이' 윤상현이 SBS 새 주말극 '시크릿 가든'(11월13일 방송 예정)에서 머리에서 발끝까지 완벽 변신한다.

'Tae Bong-ie' Yoon Sang Hyuk will make a complete transformation from head to toes in the SBS new weekend drama 'Secret Garden'.

윤상현이 맡은 역할은 <A >

So looks like the drama won't start officially filming until September..probably until Ha Ji Won clears her filming schedule with Sector 7.

Guest Jill4675

...Yoon Sang Hyuk [sic] will make a complete transformation...

:lol: Now that's what I call a true Freudian slip!!!!! muahaha.gif

But even if you change his name, he still doesn't interest me...what's with that hair? tongue2.gif:wacko:

I can't wait for the first pics to be released, maybe when they start reading through the script? We usually get some around that time...I am really expecting some good chemistry between HJW and JH! 7_5_1311.gif

sunglasses2.gif

'Tae Bong-ie' Yoon Sang Hyuk will make a complete transformation from head to toes in the SBS new weekend drama 'Secret Garden'.

Jill: You got very good eyes :D . As long as ocha will not do the same thing to her honey :sweatingbullets: .

Have never watched Yoon Sang Hyun in any dramas before. Hope he acts as good as he sings.

hahahahahahaha......I didn't even notice that...hahahahah...mianhada Yoon Sang Hyun fans...it was an honest mistake.... although it could really be a Freudian slip :lol:

hahatk: which honey? KJK? will I start calling him Kim Jong Hyuk? :lol:  Naaah my hubby's name is so different that I won't mistake him for Hyuk hehehehehe

• 2 weeks later...

Jang Hyuk out? Hyun Bin in? News are spreading that Jang Hyuk, Kim Sa Rang and Park Jae Bum won't be in 'Secret Garden'. Speculations are rampid that Sidus HQ (Jang Hyuk, Kim Sa Rang and Park Jae Bum's company) is causing this. If this is true that Jang Hyuk is droppping out..I'd be really bummed out

Javabeans' post on this

http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/08/secret-garden-jang-hyuk-out-hyun-bin-in/

Secret Garden: Jang Hyuk out, Hyun Bin in?

Interesting (and confusing) news: Jang Hyuk may be dropping out of the fantasy-melodrama series Secret Garden, and co-star Kim Sa-rang may follow him out. Being touted as a potential replacement is Hyun Bin. And the reason for all this sudden cast rearrangement: idol star Jaebum?

The facts:

Secret Garden is being planned as an SBS weekend drama to premiere in November, following Life Is Beautiful. It comes from the writer and director combo behind Lovers in Paris and On Air, Kim Eun-sook and PD Shin Woo-chul. Other cast members are Ha Ji-won (Haeundae) and Yoon Sang-hyun (Queen of Housewives). Former 2pm leader Jaebum was purported to be be making his drama debut in this project.

Here’s where things get murky:

Jaebum’s involvement has grown unclear, and some rumors say he is out, while others say that it’s not yet decided. Now reports are circulating that both Jang Hyuk and Kim Sa-rang are looking to quit. All three are managed by the same company, Sidus HQ. Speculation: is this some sort of power play Sidus is trying to pull? Are they using their big stars as leverage to secure a high-profile project for their new singer-turned-actor client?

A Sidus HQ rep stated, “It is true there are problems regarding Secret Garden, but it’s not the time to say whether they will be quitting or not. We are continuing to discuss these matters with the production team.”

Then came news that Hyun Bin, an early contender for the lead, is back in consideration. I had initially wondered with some suspicion if this was true, and whether the producers were trying to push back against Sidus by throwing out a big name. However, a source with Hyun Bin’s management company confirmed that Hyun Bin received the drama’s script “a few days ago” and is currently considering the role. Apparently he found the synopsis entertaining, but has not made any decisions.

And I can’t see how he would possibly be considering the drama unless it were actually true that Jang Hyuk is close to leaving, which makes me very curious indeed…

Via OSEN, Newsen, Star News

Guest cofioca

Jang Hyuk out? Hyun Bin in? News are spreading that Jang Hyuk, Kim Sa Rang and Park Jae Bum won't be in 'Secret Garden'. Speculations are rampid that Sidus HQ (Jang Hyuk, Kim Sa Rang and Park Jae Bum's company) is causing this. If this is true that Jang Hyuk is droppping out..I'd be really bummed out

Javabeans' post on this

http://www.dramabean...ut-hyun-bin-in/

Secret Garden: Jang Hyuk out, Hyun Bin in?

Interesting (and confusing) news: Jang Hyuk may be dropping out of the fantasy-melodrama series Secret Garden, and co-star Kim Sa-rang may follow him out. Being touted as a potential replacement is Hyun Bin. And the reason for all this sudden cast rearrangement: idol star Jaebum?

The facts:

Secret Garden is being planned as an SBS weekend drama to premiere in November, following Life Is Beautiful. It comes from the writer and director combo behind Lovers in Paris and On Air, Kim Eun-sook and PD Shin Woo-chul. Other cast members are Ha Ji-won (Haeundae) and Yoon Sang-hyun (Queen of Housewives). Former 2pm leader Jaebum was purported to be be making his drama debut in this project.

Here’s where things get murky:

Jaebum’s involvement has grown unclear, and some rumors say he is out, while others say that it’s not yet decided. Now reports are circulating that both Jang Hyuk and Kim Sa-rang are looking to quit. All three are managed by the same company, Sidus HQ. Speculation: is this some sort of power play Sidus is trying to pull? Are they using their big stars as leverage to secure a high-profile project for their new singer-turned-actor client?

A Sidus HQ rep stated, “It is true there are problems regarding Secret Garden, but it’s not the time to say whether they will be quitting or not. We are continuing to discuss these matters with the production team.”

Then came news that Hyun Bin, an early contender for the lead, is back in consideration. I had initially wondered with some suspicion if this was true, and whether the producers were trying to push back against Sidus by throwing out a big name. However, a source with Hyun Bin’s management company confirmed that Hyun Bin received the drama’s script “a few days ago” and is currently considering the role. Apparently he found the synopsis entertaining, but has not made any decisions.

And I can’t see how he would possibly be considering the drama unless it were actually true that Jang Hyuk is close to leaving, which makes me very curious indeed…

Via OSEN, Newsen, Star News

Thanks for the update, cha! I was looking forward to this drama aside from My Princess, which has the same screenwriter.  I hope Sidus and SBS would be able to patch things up at the soonest possible time as I've heard they've already done some preparations. I’ve nothing against Hyun Bin and if ever he’d replace Jang Hyuk, it’s not the worst case though. He's hot too!  But I was already anticipating JH for the role. And to see JH together with Ha Ji Won. It's like wow. I think they’re both good performers. Anyhow, Secret Garden is still interesting with its storyline and of course, Ha Ji Won and Yoon Sang Hyun.

Guest purpleZ

Really anticipating this one. Hyun Bin might be replacing Jang Hyuk? HB and HJW sound interesting too. Well, I hope there wouldn't be too much switching casts (most importantly the main casts) since the airing date is still far.

Guest purpleZ

August 26, 2010

Jay Park, Jang Hyuk set to leave "Secret Garden"

Reporter: Ko Kyoung-seok Editor: Jessica Kim

2010082610205327586_1.jpg

Jay Park (left) and Jang Hyuk [sidusHQ]

Actors who were cast for upcoming SBS TV series "Secret Garden," including Jang Hyuk and former boy band 2PM leader Jay Park, are said to have withdrawn from the show.

According to multiple sources, actor Jang Hyuk who was set to play the male lead and actress Kim Sa-rang decided to pull out from the drama after Park's casting for the show fell through. All three are managed by major talenthouse SidusHQ. Although officials had not confirmed Park was cast for "Secret Garden," his agency SidusHQ had said earlier this month that negotiations are "going positively" and they are waiting for a response from the show.

Park was set to play the role of a gifted singer in the fantasy melodrama by producer Shin Woo-cheol and scenarist Kim Eun-sook, the duo famous for creating smash hits "Lovers in Paris" and "On Air."

Officials working with Jang Hyuk have said the actor's withdrawal from the show "has not been set as of yet" but several industry sources have accepted his exit from the show as fact.

Park, whose Korean name is Park Jae-beom, joined SidusHQ this summer when he returned to Korea for the first time in months after splitting from 2PM. He has taken on a solo career in singing and acting since, releasing his debut album and filming Korea-US b-boy pic "Hype Nation."

Jang Hyuk of smash hit TV series "The Slave Hunters" is set to star in the Chinese remake of hit Korean drama "All About Eve," to premiere in China in September.

Reporter: Ko Kyoung-seok kave @ Editor: Jessica Kim jesskim @ <Ⓒ 10Asia All rights reserved> 10Asia

:o

Guest cofioca

The recent news saddens me. Not only one, but three actors (well technically it's two because I thought Jay Park wasn't officially casted yet) are set to pull out of this upcoming drama... I really hope it would be fixed and remaining cast would stay put so the scheduled airing wouldn't be drastically affected. Amid all these issues, still trying to maintain positive outlook though. After all, this isn't the first time it's happening to a drama. We can only hope for the best. 

Archived