very small question

Guest bloopy_babo

Guest bloopy_babo
this is annoying me
well for the last couple days it seems that i cant double click on icons for things to popup. if i want to open things on my desktop i have to do right click and click open. i think one of my lil sisters or brother could have just messed with some settings accidentaly but how do i get it back to normal?

Guest psquare6806

Open up My Documents, or any folder, and then near the title bar, go to Tools > Folder Options. if you have windows xp, it should look like this

untitled3yw.jpg

set it to your desire. :D

Guest bloopy_babo

My options are set like that but it still continues to do the same thing. When I double click an icon, instead of opening up, it does the rename thing.

Guest aznfishyfart

i know this sounds kinda stupid but try clicking the icon rather than the name of the icon...like internet explorer double click the big "e" rather than the name

Guest bloopy_babo

Tried that. It doesnt work as well either.

NEVERMIND. haha that actually works better now. but still kind of slow to open. thanks anyway.

The problem in your case is you've got your double click speed jacked up really high in your mouse settings. Go to start > settings > control panel > mouse or run your mouse setup utility... then change your double click speed setting so you don't have to press the left mouse button twice so fast in order for it to register as a "double click".

Archived