[Drama 2011] The Musical 더 뮤지컬

siidudul

Goo Hye Sun and Daniel Choi's "The Musical" to Replace the Cancelled "Dalgona"

by: hazelnutthursdays

10yjc5l.jpg

“The Musical,” the drama starring Goo Hye Sun of “Boys Over Flowers” and Daniel Choi, most recently of “Baby-faced Beauty” finds a network and a broadcast slot after beginning production as early as mid-2010. It is reported that SBS will air the drama on Fridays, at 10:00 PM beginning next month.

“The Musical” will replace the currently airing “Dalgona.” SBS also just announced the cancelation of its Friday night variety that saw some idols like CN Blue’s Jung Yong Hwa, 2PM’s Wooyoung and Taecyeon, miss A’s Suzy and IU, among others reunited with their first loves, childhood friends and families in their hometowns.

As its title suggests, “The Musical” is set in the world of musical theater and is about the passion of producers, songwriters and actors who work together to create the best possible production. Early production reports shoots in New York’s Broadway. Although going to broadcast mostly pre-produced, “The Musical” has four more episodes left to film.

Apart from Goo and Choi, the drama cast includes Ock Joo Hyun, whose credits include a turn in the Korean production of "Cats the Musical."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

scdhyb.jpg

goo hye sun and park gi young filming The Musical ..

Cre: http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=guhyesun&no=121531&page=1&bbs=

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The first drama ever to take “Musical” as a subject, Mini Series The Musical!

August 21, 2011 11:35 am ilnungcha

20110821_1313886200_80459800_1.jpg

Mini Series The Musicalis the first drama ever to make a Musical Stage as a subject. Ku Hye Son plays the role of a medical school student Ko Eun Bi, who dreams of becoming a musical actress, Choi Daniel plays the role of Hong Jay, a famous musical writer of Broadway, Park Ki Oong plays the role of Yoo Jin, a cold blooded investor, and Ok Joo Hyun plays the role of Bae Kang Hee, a musical queen.

In addition, Ki Eun Sae plays the role of Seo Ra Kyung, a perfect cold woman, and Park Kyung Rim plays the role of Sa Bok Ja, a friend of Ko Eun Bi.

Many famous musical stars appear on Mini Series The Musical. Sonya of “Maria Maria”, Seo Bum Seok of “The Hunchback of Notre Dame” and Hong Ji Min of “Dream Girls” will appear. Not only that, the famous musical writers Frank Wild Horn and Sylvester Levay gave permission to use their music.

The production crew confidently said, “As a first drama ever to take musical as a subject, this drama will provide a lot of entertainment with its characters, interesting plotline, dances, and songs.”

Mini Series The Musical will start its first episode on September 2 at 9:55 p.m.

Source: TvReport from Nate

Yeahhhhhhhhh finally air date cant wait Good Luck The Musical

updates !!!!!! thanks for meow and sue for the translations !!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Musical Trailer

Cre:woraluck@youtube

The Mu Trailer:

Male singing: The stage curtain is rising…

Park GhiWoong voice: This audition is for picking only the male chorus

GHS voice: I am a man… (She gets pulled off the audition by the neck.)

GHS is begging and saying, If you allow me, I can do my hardest. Oh please, please,..

GHS voice: When I come here or to the musical, I become stupid…

Daniel Choi voice: Do you want to do something really stupid crazy with me?

Another male voice: But, why do you want to be like Bae Gahng Hee sunbae0nim? (Bae is Ok Joo Hyun character)

GHS: Because she loves musical……..sing and act and dance on stage..basically dreaming on stage…

DanChoi: Sounds crazy..

GHS: Excuse me?

DanChoi: I’m saying you are crazy in love with musical.

Some of the words on screen says:

Sing; Dance; Be Passionate/ Be Enthusiastic; and, Love it like Crazy; GHS is a medical student dreaming of acting and she is 4-D and energetic; Daniel Choi plays genius composer fallen on misfortune; OJH plays the best but caustic musical diva.. ; A drama that is more than a musical. September 2 First Broadcast.

Cre: Cheerkoo@ghs-thread

Guest Silver.Lux

I never really liked Gu Hye Sun and while I liked Daniel Choi in BFB and Cyrano, I couldn't say I'm a fan. However, I am SO looking forward to this drama. Something about the theme just sends me into fangirl mode, all squeals and giggles and all that stuff.:wub:w00t.gifsweatingbullets.gif

Plus the fact that it airs on Fridays works out SO well when it comes to recapping it because that pesky thing called work keeps me occupied on weekdays and recapping on an exhausted stomach is bad for the soul :P

Guest Silver.Lux

It's strange though, you'd think with almost the entire drama already finished filming, they'd have a longer trailer out. I want to know more :P

I love GHS and I like Daniel Choi so it works out well for me :)

@silver.lux are u really going to recapp this drama OMG thank you so much I do love korean drama but I can't understand a thing their saying :)

The Musical preview is really cute :)

9bd792c0.jpg

39617_150802131602069_100000168490782_505587_4743482_n.jpg

can I say WOWWWWWWWWWWW

a0889283.jpg

she's so cute I just love it :)

@1crazynyt its ok sis i'm looking forward for my banners :)

I'm so happy your here, I cant wait for all your goodies, same here I also like the Park Gih Woong but loving GHS and Choi Daniel chemistry so cute :)

1 more week guys and the count down begins :)

Guest Silver.Lux

@silver.lux are u really going to recapp this drama OMG thank you so much I do love korean drama but I can't understand a thing their saying :)

Yes, I'm hoping i'll be up to date with the PTB recaps by the end of the weekend and when The Musical starts, I'll begin recapping it as well. :D Music-themed dramas are my absolute weak spot so here's hoping for an awesome OST to go with the show.

LOL @ the Sailor Moon attire and *drool* @ Daniel Choi :sweatingbullets::D

Archived