Quantcast
Guest Supernike911

[OFFICIAL] The DBSK, THSK, TVXQ! (동방신기) 5 Thread

Guest jgal16

First off, Yay for the new thread, the first page looks really nice... Thanks for all your hard work!

kbs001.jpg

[TRANS] 100706 Kangta "Celebrities Must Be Held Responsible For Their Contracts As Well"

"If they have signed a contract, celebrities must keep that promise"

I dont know but everytime I read something like this or a comment would say "they signed it, its their fault" I keep thinking back to what Eugene from SES said “When being a rookie, you don’t know anything. The officers asked to hold the contract term and conditions without any understandings from the artist. However, when the artist has already been aware, he/she finally read carefully the agreement details in the contract, that’s when most likely conflict starts to arise.” [Here]

So if what Eugene said is true then the company did not let the boys know what was in the contract and were just ask to sign it.... Isnt that illegal? they were minors at that time too... I dont know Im just confused about this part..

Guest poshpink

Oh my..we’re on thread 5 already! I’m so excited..

AOE team has done a great job thanks a lot :lol:

I’m a silent reader. I rarely post sumthing here (since I cannot speak English well lol), but to welcome this new thread I’d like to say thanks A LOT to all of you for the great posts, discussions, and the spazz which made the previous threads so alive, informative, and memorable :) Soompi has always been my favorite forum to get my daily dose of db..and of course so many wonderful memories within.. Thread 4 has so many dynamic feelings, we experienced the happiest until the saddest (lawsuit) things of this fandom. Hope in this new thread we’ll see happier news from the boys~ Best wishes for them and for all Cassiopeia ^^ thank u! *hugs and kisses* :lol:

I’ll just share sum old pics and vids to celebrate this new thread..lol..

tvxq97.jpg

tvxq275.jpg

0829321168274935tfpcaip.jpg

082934335761697hnortyns.jpg

dbsk528.jpg

dbsk61.jpg

we will faithfully wait for the day u boys reunite again :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzUW8ysGZtI

I love this perf bcoz we can see the whole dance, plus all the boys are freaking handsome here~ (too bad it’s not live)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCPvLtiBL1s

u-know is surely the best leader blush.gif he choose pride over victory.. he doesn’t want in any team besides dbsk aww :wub: whenever I watch this game I bcome more believe of their strong brotherhood~

DBSK Goong LOL..happy royal family~

125615747.jpg

credit: ayoepan@sharingyoochun.net

(sorry for my awful English :( )

Aktf!

Guest charan

Congratulations on the 5th thread

Thank you AOE for your hard work :lol:

Awsomeeeeeeeeeeeeee JOB ;)

Let's make the thread with happiness and respect

Guest miss_h

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2xkDbt_qH0&feature=related

I re-found this clip on YT, the first time I watch it, I concenctrated on JJ reaction and missed the member's.

Now, after re-watching it, I found my self laughing to all of their reaction and JJ that try to act cool to it..

Changmin really enjoy his hyung humiliation time isn't he?? :)

Guest DarkDiamond

I want to join the celebration! Congratz to the new thread guys! AKTF!

TVXQ Fighto!

Thank you so much for the Junsu pic spam he's so adorable! *saves all pictures*

Guest whitetiger_2210

WOOOHOOO~! Congrats to a new thread! good to see this fandom going strong! Let all of us continue to keep it up yea! :)

Guest sunnita

The 5th thread is really nice!!! Thanks AOE for the hard work, you guys rock :P

especially the lawsuit timeline, I hope to see the complete list soon!!!

About the 'Proclamation Ceremony for the Establishment of a Developing Contract Relationship in the Entertainment Industry', I don't like all the comments there but it is interesting to know how the others think about it. Thanks for the trans Jee.

Guest ces

Congratulations on the 5th thread!

Thanks to AOE for a very well done first page~ i love it a lot. It's so clean, organized and very informative. ^^

Here's hoping for happier times ahead!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy9TMZGkdqI

Guest Hoodwinker

*+' date='06 July 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1278411036' post='16148208']

it's from their "hahaha song" ^^

and here's the clip ^_^ junsu with drum is around 1.53

ETN UCC Hahaha song Making by TVXQ

Thank you! I had fun watching this! :w00t:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2xkDbt_qH0&feature=related

I re-found this clip on YT, the first time I watch it, I concenctrated on JJ reaction and missed the member's.

Now, after re-watching it, I found my self laughing to all of their reaction and JJ that try to act cool to it..

Changmin really enjoy his hyung humiliation time isn't he?? :)

I forgot all about this interview, and just got to watch it again. Jaejoong looked so devastated in that interview and Changmin and Yoochun were just laughing like two high-school girls at the back, and all I can see Yun do was pat Jae's shoulder :lol:

I found this on the same channel: How DBSK was formed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ing0fKIU0U&feature=related

credits: as tagged in the video

When the boys were training, they never thought they would be in a group together: Changmin and Yoochun were supposed to go solo, YunJae already had a team and Junsu was in another group, and yet fate brought them together in one day. They were meant to be together, and they were meant to be members of Dong Bang Shin Ki. Call this wishful thinking, but I believe that they will come back as a group one day and rock the stage with their epic vocals and awesome dancing. JaeSu were quite the chatterbox in this interview ^_^

Guest noriihana

This is only my opinion, when you are a rookie of course you cannot request much but once you're making a million or famous, at least the company should do something without being asked, this is the mutual trust in the business, this is how to show the appreciation to and value the business partner. If you're making 1 $ do u want to make 1 $ for the rest of your 13 years contract?

It's a risk for both partners when signing the contract but if it's not slave contract then the contract should be reviewed and revised to the current situation of the artists. They are top artist in Asia, shouldn't it be fair to consider this without being asked?

SM is willing to make change or "developed a contract that reflects the reality of the entertainment industry and focuses on the protection of the celebrities' rights and interest after they have done so much damage to the boys" and be "

The Forerunners In Solving Contract Issues" now? Just playing with the medias no need to be a forerunner or playing with the medias to present that "I AM A GOOD PERSON". It's too late to get back together? Would you like to go back to work with the people that have done something really hurt you? To get back together is too late but their courage will benefit the other artists in the future.

These boys have held responsibilities and have been doing an excellent jobs as an artist. Royalty will happen when both sides value each others, I don't think this is greedy but it's justice. I still love Yunho and Changmin, different people can have different way of thinking even if you live with that person the whole life you can still think different and keep you head high JYJ!, I'm with you all the way.

By the way, I hope Junsu get well soon, he doesn't usually get sick so much so this should be a very tough time for him. Get well soon Junsu, fighting (^-^)

Guest lovebyelove

New thread! Yay! Thanks for all your hard work AOE, everything looks awesome! I especially love the detail in the bios and summary of the lawsuit. :D

[TRANS] 100706 SM-Congressman Jo Moon Hwan Vow To 'Protect Celebrities' Rights And Interests'

[TRANS] 100706 Kangta "Celebrities Must Be Held Responsible For Their Contracts As Well"

"If they have signed a contract, celebrities must keep that promise"

<_< Looks like SM is trying to do some damage control. Do you really think they'd want to be "the forefront of fair contracts" if the whole lawsuit didn't break out? Let's hope that there's some truth to this for the sake of their artists. But wait, are they saying their contracts are actually fair? Ahahaha. /fail

Until I see some action on SM's part, I'm dismissing this as nonsense. It's all entirely too convenient for SM to suddenly come out with all this stuff now when they could've last year before the lawsuit became official. :lol:

It's kinda funny to me how some celebrities love SM and some hate it. The ones that seem to hate it are the ones that leave. Oh well -- to each his own.

Get will soon Junsu & Jaejoong! I hope Yoochun is taking care of himself. I hate that they're overworking themselves for our sake :tears:

Someone needs to give Yunho a big hug. That boy looks waaaay too sad these days. The worst part is that he has to keep all his sadness inside in order to maintain his strong image. I'm glad that he has his family and Changmin near him at least.

Guest Elizabeth9095

@jeeelim5

Thanks for sharing the translations

I agree at some points with Kangta, that a contract in an entertainment industry shouldn’t be only a employer employ relationship, that it should be seen as partners based in trust.

Especially with a clause like

“For the effective celebrity activities of ‘B’ (TVXQ), all legal actions dealing with all activities, appearances and such will be dealt by ‘A’ (SM Entertainment) or the manager chosen by ‘A’. ‘B’ cannot make any personal promises or contracts regarding his activities and must only focus on what they have been given.”

If you don’t trust A well… they pretty much own you live, you better trust them.

The “the two become partners who complement each other” should be reflected in the contract. Not only A has all the rights, makes all the decisions and B should just quietly follow. B doesn’t even have the rights of their own songs…

I don’t agree that once the contract is signed “they must keep that promise” because when a rookie sign a contract, the company holds all the power, and the terms are not always the best for the artist.

I also think, but that is me, that idol companies should stop treating their artist as products, and encourage their artistic development.

About the “7 years is not realistic” look at Big Bang. Is happing. They are huge, they are also starting activities in Japan with some success and well, isn’t their contract 7 years? Or is 5 years? It’s happening. The only ones with a contract longer than 7 years are the SM artist. Why is a possibility and a reality for the other companies but not for SM?

and btw: does SM has a group that is been together for more that 7 years? if not... why do they even want a contract of 13 years if they can't keep their artist that long.

actually... do they have a successful artist whose carrier is been well, successful, for 13 years?

“We are stuck in a frame that forces us to choose between personal interests and business, human rights and the economy,"

This kind of make me mad.

Isn’t common sense, and supported by the law, that human rights are above all personal interest, business and economy? There should never be a position when any condition is above human rights. What kind of people has a conflict between economic and human rights?

That said, I hope SM will improve their contracts for all the artist that remind there, because they have amazing groups and they deserve better. I think is too late for JYJ, but at least Yunho and changmin should get their contracts fixed.

Congratulations on the 5th thread!! Woot! 5th thread, 5 members!

To celebrate, i'm spreading a lot of SMTown Love <3 Apart from their music, i miss their SM collabs.

SMTown Red Sun MV

Spot any YooSu? Hehe our Yoochun is giving Junsu a piggyback :D

SMTown - Let's Go On A Vacation! MV

The song that makes me smile. Love the way they harmonized when they said "SMTown!"

[Eng] SHINee supporting DBSK Backstage

They really love their hoobaes. And a Nintendo Wii backstage LOLz

DBSK - Yunho, Jaejoong lipsyncing

Jaejoong :D

Guest lalalaLynn

This is only my opinion, when you are a rookie of course you cannot request much but once you're making a million or famous, at least the company should do something without being asked, this is the mutual trust in the business, this is how to show the appreciation to and value the business partner. If you're making 1 $ do u want to make 1 $ for the rest of your 13 years contract?

It's a risk for both partners when signing the contract but if it's not slave contract then the contract should be reviewed and revised to the current situation of the artists. They are top artist in Asia, shouldn't it be fair to consider this without being asked?

SM is willing to make change or "developed a contract that reflects the reality of the entertainment industry and focuses on the protection of the celebrities' rights and interest after they have done so much damage to the boys" and be "

The Forerunners In Solving Contract Issues" now? Just playing with the medias no need to be a forerunner or playing with the medias to present that "I AM A GOOD PERSON". It's too late to get back together? Would you like to go back to work with the people that have done something really hurt you? To get back together is too late but their courage will benefit the other artists in the future.

These boys have held responsibilities and have been doing an excellent jobs as an artist. Royalty will happen when both sides value each others, I don't think this is greedy but it's justice. I still love Yunho and Changmin, different people can have different way of thinking even if you live with that person the whole life you can still think different and keep you head high JYJ!, I'm with you all the way.

By the way, I hope Junsu get well soon, he doesn't usually get sick so much so this should be a very tough time for him. Get well soon Junsu, fighting (^-^)

I agree with most of your post, just not the part where you say it's too late to get together again

Call me stupid, but i am still waiting for that moment

The day i will wake up, check this thread, and everything is back to normal again

and the company wouldn't care less even if they would make only 1$ for 13 years

Even if the contract says and the company promises that it is not just a employer-employee relationship,

and that the artists get enough say in the company's decisions,

to them, the artist will always stay a product that brings in the money,

and once their time is over, they will be thrown aside

I can't help but think that the only reason SMTown is suddenly going to LA is JYJ >o<

How can you call it a world tour if you're only going to LA?

That's not even a US tourㅋㅋ

Anyway, i asked a question a couple of pages ago but i guess noone saw it, so i'll just ask again;

Some people told me that ever since the beginning of this year, JYJ and HoMin aren't allowed to contact each other, and i'm wondering if this is true?

Guest KGB

[TRANS] 100706 SM-Congressman Jo Moon Hwan Vow To 'Protect Celebrities' Rights And Interests'

TRANS] 100706 SM CEO Kim Young Min States, "We Will Become The Forerunners In Solving Contract Issues"

[TRANS] 100706 Kim Tae Hyung "Seven Years For Celebrity Contracts Is Too Short"

Thanks for your posts jeelim!

I'm sceptical about this so called 'proclomation' between sm and that congressman to 'ensure that a mututal trust exists' between agencies and celebrities. Seriously, what can a congressman do? Practically nothing when it comes to implementing decisions or even making any party implement a decision. It's even more fishy because they brought in Girl's Generation who obviously aren't involved in any lawsuit with sm and put in Kangta's comment even though it's obvious that he's so close-knit with sm with his long history with them. It seems as if sm is trying to show everyone that they have made a 'proclamation' with that congressman and along the way they'll bring in a band who wouldn't even dare to say anything against sm or what they're doing. If sm have been treating our boys like slaves, I doubt this so-called 'proclamation' would even have a standing at all.

"SM has developed a contract that reflects the reality of the entertainment industry" also contradicts what the rest of what sm are trying to say, especially with the CEO practically saying again that they wont be forced into balancing the need for human rights and economic interests. It doesn't change their stance at all. What the CEO practically said was that the 'reality of the entertainment industry' is about money and that they wont change their ways and that "It's unfortunate that because of a certain chain of events and several reports, the relationship between agencies and celebrities is becoming distorted". Those fools dare to call our boys' lawsuit and the fact that the courts have pretty much ruled the case in favour of our boys as a 'chain of events'? Talk about arrogant and rude. And either they must be all drunk or high on drugs because sm were the ones who have been repeatedly infiltrating the media with their false reports accusing our boys ever since the beginning of the lawsuit, attempting to defame them by putting all the blame on them and constantly emphasising crebeau as the main reason for the lawsuit even though the entire world knows that they are lying. Yes, the relationship between agencies and celebrities (celebrities? More respect please, they are artists) are becoming distorted because the truth is out!

"He [CEO] continued to say, "We are stuck in a frame that forces us to choose between personal interests and business, human rights and the economy ...We should not have to choose between personal rights and business."

I feel so sorry and hurt for our boys when they find out that the CEO said this. Now it's more clear why Jae, Chun and Su do not feel like they can ever work with sm again. This basically sums up why. sm wont budge because they perceive the dismissal of human rights and personal interests as essential in their pursuit of money. They must be delirious to think that this is effective because 3 of their 5 top artists sued them. Talk about idiocy. If the ceo is still like this and constantly saying thinks like: "We are participating in this project in order to find ways to help the Hallyu Wave, and create an economy that protects the rights of celebrities as much as possible." rather than showing real effort in fixing their flawed and inhumane contracts and actually doing such actions to protect the rights of their artists rather than continuing on this culture of slavery for the benefit of the 'hallyu wave', personally, I think it's better that the 3 never go back to sm again. Returning to the company will only subject them to future torture and unhappy lives. I seriously fear for Yunho and Changmin's future.

Guest ruiz_1602

Congrats to the opening of Thread 5~

thanks AOE for all the hard work!!

and all peeps who've contributed with your shares!! smile.gif

@ Letter #223 Right now, I am......

"I miss them so much,

but I can't see them,

I want to hear them so much,

but I don't know when that day will come"

again..these letters never fail to put my thoughts into words perfectly...i always feel that even if friends around me know that i'm feeling down cos of all these mess..only we fans will truly know the degree of impact the boys can have on us..

i rmb when my friend accompanied me to one of the performances and saw the girl beside us crying upon seeing junsu on stage..my friend laughed and felt that it was silly to get so emotional..she doesnt get it..

that's how much we long to see dbsk on stage again...

"The photos I cherish as much as myself,

The videos I've collected over the years...

Instead of increasing,

they are slowly becoming forgotten."

yes..it's been soo long..and i've already gotten used to seeing the as ever breathtaking performances of the boys that i've forgotten how great they are..it was only until last night..i saw another group's live concert dvd..then i realised and was reminded again..

how amazing they sound as a group..

how much they shine individually..

how precious their talents are..

and of cos..how very touching the support from cassies have always been..the red ocean

this fandom..

junsu..yuchun..jaejoong..changmin..yunho..cassies...bigeast..icassies..every single fan out there..

i see us all as sth's really rare and precious..

call me bias..i dont think there's another group out there who's as talented..diligent..and yet so humble at the same time

so what to do..i can only hold on reeaaaal tight to the faith

"...but I don't know when that day will come...

Like how spring always comes after winter,

That day will one day surely come"

to contribute to the thread's opening...

saw these on SYC and felt that it was a must share!!

[spazz] Jaejoong’s tongue

credits: as tagged

shared by: sharingyoochun.net

2cibiph.jpg

2cy06qw.jpg

2e55qiv.jpg

2eeasfn.jpg

2h3yohl.jpg

2vltmkp.jpg

2ynl6hw.gif

2z7pgm9.jpg

4jq8m9.jpg

4kv9q9.jpg

6rhjj6.jpg

11ipis4.jpg

14a8kef.jpg

15plw5w.jpg

20jsfg8.jpg

21mf1ub.jpg

34gq13a.jpg

34s2xdz.jpg

259v8f8.jpg

biuxyx.jpg

dzbgxg.jpg

fbmixh.jpg

fdufk4.jpg

fs4nc.jpg

iztct3.jpg

kcj9qx.jpg

kf1w2g.jpg

nwhli1.jpg

rhtm3k.jpg

Guest Yane1210

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 5TH THREAD!!! :D

i just found this vid (i can´t believe i didn´t watch it before!!)

it´s a bit old but i can´t help but shared it! >_<

[Vid] 091002 Jaejoong Rehearsing ‘그것만이 내 세상’ for MIROTIC in Shanghai

credits: jejenepure@youtube + as tagged

Jae is AMAZING right? ;)

Guest sheilapiglet

I think both sides have their point....SM should try harder to change their contract in order to suit the needs of each individual artist and let them grow....their artists should also be given more independence and freedom/privacy.....like their self composed songs should belong to them and they should be able to have fairer money distribution according to their success and earning abilities....on the other hand, i do agree that once a contract is signed, they should keep their promise....their parents were there when they signed, so it's not like they were on their own....if contracts can be stopped/changed so easily, then what's the point of having contracts right?....I hope that what SM is doing now will help their current and future artists have better business partnership relationships with them (including Homin)...and once they prove that they've changed their contracts for the better, then I hope that JCS will be able to go back to being DBSK again and that trust will be renewed..cuz let's face it...BOTH sides have done things to damage each other's trust and respect...I hope that both sides will be able to compromise and come to an agreement soon...cuz seriously, I don't see JCS happier now that they've found their freedom as opposed to when they were with SM and in an unfair contract.

something old to share:

DBSK Cute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss1SktZz3k0

the guys dancing to 'O' in their Balloons costumes=P

Guest No MoRe

Congratulations on the 5th thread

good Job girls blush.gif

You have worked very hard

Thank you very much :wub:

I hope that our new home will

fill with happiness and pleasure ..

I relly hope that :tears:

tvxq186editoh4.jpg

mjmigz.jpg

2hs3ple.gif

ftnh.jpg

allabout3legra11.gif

3-3.gif

poor su :rolleyes:

4.gif

miss them alot

15qwv3q.jpg

s6is8l.jpg

2nrdo4k.jpg

3y5hi.gif

15mnr51.jpg

:lol:

see you ;)

Guest tinamarie

i'm so happy to be posting in the new thread! i'm glad i came out of stalker mode lol. i was thinking about this the other day: is it selfish of us to want dbsk as 5 again right now? they are grown men. is it wrong of them to explore life outside of dbsk? do we really want them to be tied down to the idol group status when they can blossom as individuals just so that we can have our OT5 back? we've seen that they've all had so many more opportunities to shine since the lawsuit. we've seen 4/5 in dramas and 2 in musicals. if they were under regular dbsk schedules then i'm sure they wouldn't have the time or energy to explore their other talents like that. dbsk isn't jaejoong, yoochun, yunho, junsu or changmin's whole identity. they're aren't each just 1/5 of a whole. they're individudals with talents that sometimes are/were suppressed because they were in an idol group. how can you possibly know whether they're not as happy now as when they were together? you don't know what happens in their personal lives, so i don't think you can assume these things. we know now that a lot of the times when they seemed happy they weren't. i want them to be back together, yes, but i want them to be happy. if their happiness comes from freedom then so be it. just because they're not together as a group right now doesn't mean they won't be in the future.