[OFFICIAL] The DBSK, THSK, TVXQ! (동방신기) 5 Thread

Guest Supernike911

Guest ayunda

[TRANS] 100709 Korean Entertainers' Annual Income Is KRW$28.5 Million

According to statistics released by the National Tax Service on 7 July, TV actors, singers, models and other entertainers, have an average annual income of KRW$28.5 million. This is KRW$10 million less than the average annual income of office workers (KRW$38.2 million).

The National Tax Service used the value-added tax exempted incomes of practitioners in 2008 as a basis and conducted a statistical analysis of annual incomes for freelance practitioners and service providers. The results showed that among entertainers, TV actors have a higher income than singers and models. In 2008, a total of 12,029 TV actors filed to be exempted from value-add taxes with a combined income of almost KRW$463.7 billion, with an average income of KRW$38 million a year.

In contrast, out of 3,152 singers, their average annual income was only KRW$26 million, which is only two thirds of the average office worker's income. Out of the 6,238 models, their average annual income was only KRW$11 million, making barely KRW$1 million a month*. This figure is equivalent to legal minimum wage levels.

An official of the National Tax Service expressed, "The reported revenues, aside from personal incomes, also include all other expenses. With that, it can be said that at present, a large majority of entertainers are having difficulty making ends meet."

* KRW$1 million = USD$836 (approx)

Source: [baiduTVXQ]

Translation credits: mandasoh@tohosomnia.net

Shared by: tohosomnia.net

Do not remove/add on any credits

t/n: I know it doesn't specifically mention TVXQ members, but I think it's food for thought.

============================================================

edit/ whoops topped a page :P

SungKyunKwan Scandal Cast - Making Photos

2rrksp3.jpg

25owk1y.jpg

2rxjs09.jpg

2rzrrkx.jpg

2yoqs0n.jpg

1z70dqt.jpg

Source: [dnbn]

Do not remove credits

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sayuri JaeJoong

Ayunda Chan♥ Domo Arigatou for all Scandal HQ pics v !!!

I LOVED all pics and I confess I[m supa anxious to watch Scandal Drama !!!

I think It will be a great sucess !!!

I´m just passing here to post

[sCANS]100709

Kanon Magazine Aug Issu

1843.jpg

1844.jpg

1845.jpg

1846.jpg

1847.jpg

1848.jpg

1849.jpg

1850.jpg

1851.jpg

1852.jpg

1853.jpg

1855.jpg

1856.jpg

1857.jpg

Ok...I almost died LOL :lol:!!!

152.gif

Junsu♥´s manly in pics ne ???

Intoxicationm atmosphere is such manly !!!

Credits:PosaruXya+baidu+astagged.

Shared By:TvxqPowerfulGods

Guest charan

[TRANS] 100709 Best "Summer Song Ranking"

Through their users voting, Recochoku did a survey to find out the "Summer Song Ranking". The voting period was from 22 June - 7 July. The total number of votes was 4,252.

■BEST☆Summer Song Ranking

1 - 「SUMMER SONG」YUI (2008)

2 - 「ポニーテールとシュシュ」AKB48 (2010)

3 - 「睡蓮花」湘南乃風 (2007)

4 - 「夏色」ゆず (1998)

5 - 「SUMMER TIME LOVE」EXILE (2007)

6 - 「シャカビーチ~Laka Laka La~」UVERworld (2007)

7 - 「夏祭り」Whiteberry (2000)

8 - 「Summer Dream」東方神起 (2007)

9 - 「TSUNAMI」サザンオールスターズ (2000)

10 - 「夏の思い出」ケツメイシ (2003)

source: [RBB Today]

[

[TRANS] 100709 Sale Of "Goong" Tickets Prove Popularity

87246498.jpg

The musical "Goong", which stars U-know Yunho as one of the main leads, achieved the record of selling out in 2 minutes, from the time sales started.

"Goong", the musical, received a lot of notice because of the server downtime for the ticketing service, which was a result of the crazy demand for tickets. Yesterday, on the 8th, the official website started the sale tickets at 9pm (KST). The tickets sold were for performances from 9 - 18 September.

For performances that Yunho will be starring in, tickets were sold out within 2 minutes of the start of sales. Also, the other performers received a warm response as well!

The organizers said, "Even excluding Korea, we have also received a flurry of overseas calls from people who couldn't get tickets, from Japan, Taiwan and Hong Kong. The musical "Goong" have stirred the interest of overseas audiences towards Korean musicals and it is a chance and our hope that it will be an opportunity for us to showcase our ability in Korean musicals."

On the other hand, the musical "Goong" revolves around the princes Yunho and Kim Dong Ho and their love story with a high-school girl.

The second sale will begin on 13 July, 9PM (KST).

Source: [Newsen + BaiduTVXQ]

Guest shuzzack

congrats oh the 5th thread!! :w00t:

i never post here,but i've been stalking this thread since 2006 and this was the reason i registered here.From now on i'll make sure that i'll post her once in a while ^_^

Guest NiCeJoOnGie

[TRANS] 100709 Second Half Of 2010 The Biggest Idol Showdown - Park Yoochun VS Kim Hyunjoong

Rivals since their debut as 'TVXQ' and 'SS501', members Park Yoochun and Kim Hyunjoong from the respective groups will also meet head-on for their TV dramas.

Yoochun is set to play the lead "Lee Seon Joon" for the KBS drama [sungKyunKwan Scandal], which airs in September*.

Kim Hyunjoong, who recently signed on with the same company as Bae Yong Joon, has been casted as the lead for the TV drama "Mischievous Kiss", which is set to air after the drama "Road NO 1" in September. A related personnel said, "The airing date is more or less confirmed for that period."

[sungKyunKwan Scandal] is based on Jung Eun Gweol's novel [The Lives of Sungkyunkwan Confucian Scholars]. The story revolves around Kim Yoohui, who cross-dresses as a man to enter SungKyunKwan on behalf of her sickly brother, and encounters Lee Seon Joon, Moon Jae Shin and Yu Yong Ha. It is a story about friendship and love that takes place in a school setting during the Joseon Dynasty.

Aside from Micky Yoochun, other young stars acting in the drama include Song Joong Gi, Yoo Ah-In, Park Min Young and Han Yeon.

"Mischievous Kiss" is adapted from the Japanese manga of the same name and this drama has been dubbed the "second Boys Over Flowers". Besides Kim Hyunjoong, other stars have recently been casted.

In this acting battle between the greatest idol stars, everyone is waiting to see what kind of work they will produce.

*There's some discrepancy in the media reports about the airing date. Some reports state August while some say September.

Source: [Osen + BaiduTVXQ]

Guest globerrific

Interesting..I got hooked onto DBSK the same way. I recently graduated from college and during the two months after that, i was on a DBSK marathon. So I totally know what it's like. hahah

Have you watched their performance at MKMF 2008?! it's amazing! that performance is what did it for me. :wub: Always keep the faith~

yeah i watched the MKMF 2008 performance! my jaw-dropping moment was:

excellent quality by the way :)

and their live performance inspired me so much i got their 2009 secret code live in tokyo dome dvd!

Guest lenale

[Vid+Trans] SM, 2.2 billions won of compensation from 3 people of TVXQ

hmm well...i dont understand what they mean by "it was said that the 3 members would give a response as expected"...but neway, we need to be patient, no matter what..those matters take long, and thats why the boys keep asking us to wait for them...i know i'll wait for them as long as it takes...

thank you charan and Amu chan for posting this news video...and the transcript of it^^

[TRANS] 100709 Korean Entertainers' Annual Income Is KRW$28.5 Million

you would expect famous artists to earn more money than that, considering how much money their agencies make thanks to their talent and hardwork...its unfair...there is definitely something to change in the korean system...

thank you ayunda for the news, as well as the pictures^^

[sCANS]100709

Kanon Magazine Aug Issu

wow, Junsu's sexyness overload *major nosebleed* lolz...and i keep getting totally intoxicated everytime i see this kind of pictures...lolz...

thank you Sayuri chan for sharing^^

:o the tickets for performances with Yunho were sold out in less than 2 minutes? i could say it was expected, considering his popularity and how much we, fans are craving to see him onstage...but still, in less than 2 minutes, its amazing...the fans who could get a ticket are sure lucky...for those who couldnt get one, i am certain some will be sold in auction later...for an indecent price...

thanks again charan for the news^^

[TRANS] 100709 Second Half Of 2010 The Biggest Idol Showdown - Park Yoochun VS Kim Hyunjoong

oh damn...why do they have to broadcast them against each other? both drama have very different style and plot...so we'll see...i cant wait for SungKyunKwan Scandal!!!

and what about Paradise Meadow?!..i mean "Mischievous kiss" didnt even start filming and it will air before Paradise Meadow? is it from the same channel though? lolz...

thank you nicejoongie for the news^^

Junsu being called nothing special by kid ^^

ROFL...this one was just too hilarious...Junsu's face is priceless when the little boy says he is the one he likes the least :lol: ...then i was thinking "poor Junsu"...but when he said the reason, it was just too hilarious...the little boy was jealous :lol: ...loved it...

thank you miss h for posting those clips^^...its so nice to rewatch those hilarious moments...

Guest raikko9

regarding the JYJ mini live in Seoul, my first thought was they were going to promote their new album, performing 4 songs from it...but then only i remembered its a Lotte event...so i dont know anymore...but really, this mini-live reminds me TVXQ Fall mini-concert they had in Seoul for their Mirotic comeback..hopefully we'll have more news soon...

as for Villa leaving Valencia, its a pity...lolz...but considering the club situation now, i cant blame him...i must admit he'll be better in Barça....lolz...

Im also still wondrin if Avex has something to do w/ their Korean activities as well as this upcoming album? According to some info being released, this album will going to be released in Aug. so there's a possibility that those 4 songs might be from the album?

Villa wanted to go to Barca since last season, he was willing to cut his salary by like 3million euros for 3yrs just to go to Barca bcoz Valencia was asking too much money for the transfer.Glad that he finally got what he wanted.Jae has loads of nieces and nephews I guess?

[TRANS] 100709 Kim HyungSuk is Satisfied With JYJ

Glad to hear this news~ They seemed not to be in a rush.

Dont mind if they're going to stay more time in LA and really wishing that this album worths all the hard work the boys put through ~

Looking forward how everythng will turn out w/ these collaborations.

It seemed they didnt get Timbaland? No mention of the dude.

JYJ LA Fanaccount

aw! Thanx a lot! Glad to know the boys were doing just fine.

Junsu being called nothing special video

lol~ thanx for posting this,the kids chosen Junsu as their least favourite.Poor Su,he was really cute here though and they won the game.

XD~ Just really love this clip. :P

Junsu is as cute as his dog.<333

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vdcoja3fWs&playnext_from=TL&videos=lkSJKg03MS8

credit:uploader

Guest lalalaLynn

i can't find dbsk - Fantasy Couple with eng subs, can anyone help me? thank you!
You can find it on DBSKer

I don't know if i'm allowed to post the download link,

so i'll just give you the link to the site

Click! Go to downloads > video downloads > TV appearances, talk & variety shows,

or just use Ctrl+F and type in the name of the show^^

Sold out in less than 2 minutes?

Gah~ the power that is Yunho *o*

It seems like more and more musicals are casting celebrities,

and i'm not sure if that's either a good or a bad thing,

but one thing i do know,

and that is Yunho is born to play this role^^kkk

He looks so good in that outfit♥

I'm sure he'll do great!

[TRANS] 100709 Second Half Of 2010 The Biggest Idol Showdown - Park Yoochun VS Kim Hyunjoong Source: [Osen + BaiduTVXQ] Translation credits: mandasoh@tohosomnia.net Shared by: tohosomnia.net Do not remove/add on any credits
Thank you for sharing

I don't like it how they make it seem as if they are competing each other

Just like the Changmin vs Hyunjoong thing

They are 2 completely different dramas,

you can't compare them@raikko9Thanks for sharing!

That is just the most adorable video ever *o*

I couldn't stop smiling

Xiahki is just as cute as Susu himself

He is like a big cuddly polar bear♥♥♥

Guest Senorita_

A friendly competition I am sensing :) But I think both dramas will do well. Yoochun and Hyun Joong are probably pretty close friends considering he's good friends with Jae.

[TRANS] 100708 Actor Yunho: "Believing In Yourself Is Most Important"

Tohoshinki's Yunho has completed his debut TV drama [No Limit~Heading to the Ground~]. The activities to commemorate the DVD release of this project started off on 26 June, in Tokyo. After such a long break, Yunho once again showed his energetic self to the fans and accepted many media interviews.

This work revolves around the talent, yet unlucky, soccer player Cha Bong Gun; a youthful romance-comedy about his continuous growth. As a member of Tohoshinki, up until now, Yunho, who has driven girls around Asia crazy with their many songs and performances, gave his all to this project from summer last year. Yunho acted as the passionate lead, Cha Bong Gun.

Yunho, who is both a singer and actor, felt the differences greatly. "The singer Yunho, gives off a powerful image on stage. As for the actor Yunho, he had an image that was gentle and warm. I was very happy that I could show a new side of myself."

"A singer, an actor, my true self; although those personas are different they all follow the same belief - Believing in yourself is the most important. The singer Yunho only has precious 3 minutes in which to capture the audience with stage charisma. The actor Yunho has to place emphasis on communicating. I have to 'breathe' with my co-stars to ensure smooth communication flow so that we can work together well. As for Yunho, my true self, I am the kind of person that will fight hard even if there are hurdles to overcome, and from there, attain good results."

Apparently, Yunho's principle for handling things is "If you've done it, then don't have any regrets." "Even though the chosen road may not be the best, but since you've made your choice, don't change your mind. That is life." He also repeated, "If you do your best, you might very well get good results."

He said, "There are similarities between Bong Gun and myself, but as I'm the leader, I'm extremely strict with myself. I'm the kind that looks out for things around me even as I work but Bong Gun is the kind that only believes in himself and works his hardest. Bong Gun doesn't believe in giving up and keeps persisting single-mindedly. To me, that is Bong Gun's charm and I want to be like Bong Gun and continue working hard."

Going into the Han River, filming the fire scene, Yunho told himself, "Because I'm a new actor, I had to challenge myself by carrying the thought - 'this is different from the singer Yunho, I'm a newbie' - and often asked myself 'If it was Bong Gun, what would he do?"

Yunho was Bong Gun and Bong Gun was Yunho. Now, Yunho will be making his debut appearance as a musical actor in the musical "Goong", which begins in September this year.

Yunho's eyes filled with determination as he said, "I want to work hard in order to show a new side of myself."

Yunho's first TV drama [No Limit~Heading to the Ground~DVD BOX I & II] is now on sale and the OST will hit the stands on 25 August.

Source: [ticket-news + BaiduTVXQ]

Guest evilgary

yea that would really be a competition between yoochun and hyunjoong. but still i beleive both of them are on friendly terms so likewise competition would be friendly

Guest Elizabeth9095

Xiah Junsu, Picked by Critics as the Best Musical Idol[

Both news make me so proud of them. Mozart was a good surprise, I really wasn’t expecting to be so epic, but it was and now I can’t wait for Junsu in another musical.

And the international album also makes me very proud. They are working hard, the environment is different, I can’t wait to see the product of this. I need the album now~

Guest jiajiaaa

Xiah Junsu, Picked by Critics as the Best Musical Idol

I'm so glad junsu gets recognized by the critics :) I sometimes wished the korean media would stop calling them idols, they are singers. The word idol gives others the impression they're just pretty faces but they're definitely not!!! I really hope they release a soundtrack for Mozart, i want it so badly after watching all the fancams!!!

Guest Kumeihina

Songwriter Kim HyungSuk expressed his satisfaction of working with JYJ (Xiah Junsu, Hero Jaejoong, Micky Yoochun) on their American album.

Source: Yang Seung Jun @edaily.co.kr

Translation: ch0sshi @kpoplive.com

Ah...So proud of how hard their working on this album :lol: . I hope they take their time and don't overwork themselves. I can't wait for this album to drop!! :D

Rivals since their debut as 'TVXQ' and 'SS501', members Park Yoochun and Kim Hyunjoong from the respective groups will also meet head-on for their TV dramas.

Source: [Osen + BaiduTVXQ]

Well it'll probably be friendly rivalry, since their so close :P . Good luck to both of them~

Share some old video that I found in YT:

This one will never get old.. I have a feeling that Changmin will get along really fine with this kid :lol:

and this one, fancam from the same episode.. This is the reason why it's hard for me to take his charisma seriously:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS_LQu4L9Yo&feature=related

LOL~ Even a little kid doesn't take our dolphin seriously. :wub: Its okay, your fans still loves you. :P

Guest sunnita

HyunJoong decided for ISWAK

Oh so SM is focusing on Changmin's acting career. Not sure what production is in charged of PM, but since both male and female leads are under their management, SM should make sure PM will be aired and promoted like it deserves to be. I am not talking this coz CM is in it, but judging by the shooting scene, the drama seems well-set up and expensive. During the time of waiting for Airtime, Changmin should get chance for CF or Photo shoots or interviews in some magazines. Or may be another big role in drama. But what I miss the most is his singing. Well the boy gets all but he needs major promotion.

Just FYI (since I've seen a lot of ppl ask about Changmin's drama)... the form of the broadcast was decided to be pre-production (Referred to as 사전제작 in media). That means that instead of filming and airing each episode, which a lot of dramas do, the drama is shot completely and finished before airing it. That's why Changmin is done with his drama before we even see an episode of it. So Ji Sub's current drama Road No.1 was preproduction as well... it should be coming out second half of 2010 but most of the dramas that will come out in August/September have already been decided... I'm guessing it should be out at the latest in October/November. But it's not even really set when the drama will air so i think it's just a waiting game.. It does make me nervous bc there are so many dramas waiting to get their airtime so we'll have to see what happens!

Thanks for the info, I have bigger picture about how things work in this show biz.

People answered my question

I really thought it was a silly question, but thanks for answering back. Really glad to know that you guys are still positive.

to be honest, i don't even know what motivates me to stay active in fandom? i don't do anything special like re-watching videos all the time and stuff like that. i mean i have re-watched some of my favorite variety show appearances, but i did that mostly in the immediate weeks following the lawsuit, and around when things started getting uncomfortable, like when jaechunsu went to the mama's and their subsequent performances in japan. i guess what i do now mostly is look at fanworks XD idk, instead of always waiting around for updates, i'll read fanfics too, or i'll look at fanarts, or even read some fan-made manhwa. i practice my korean by translating stuff sometimes, and that motivates me to study harder LOL.

i know there are some long-time fans that have just ... disappeared. even before the lawsuit, some people who were big in fandom just upped and left completely. i don't.. really understand why sometimes. yeah, sometimes life makes us too busy to be catching up and stuff, but it doesn't really take much to lend your support for a group. if you've created so many memories with these boys and have professed your so-called undying love and faith for them, why would you just throw that all away because they're not active in korea, or haven't been on any variety shows, or just aren't active AT ALL? my mentality is that, if i've stuck around with them for this long... if i've spent so many hours and so much money invested in these 5 guys, why not just continue doing it? LOL like... if i've been with them for this long... why not remain with them?

yeah, there have been a lot of times where i just question why i continue doing this.. but i remember one of my friends asked me how i felt about the lawsuit when she found out i was a fan of dbsk... and i told her that i always continued supporting them, but at times i felt kind of odd, and just didn't even know if i should support them all on their separate ways. and she just looked at me and asked, 'why not?' and i thought about it, and she was right. 'why not?' lol. i love them, each of them, and will continue to do so. that's all there is to it.

I think this is where my question coming from. I can't say I've watched all of the dbsk related clips but I was a YT freak since I first knew the boys, I barely fangilred at forums but I watched videos and read the interviews all the time. Due to my stressful job, I needed to watch and laughed my stress out. I did not mind re-watching them over and over again. But since lawsuit, I find myself doing it less and less. My last mp3 song of them is Break Out and I noticed I failed at following the boys' drama as well. I don't feel like keeping up all the updates as well. But mostly I read fanfics and live in the fantasy world. Recently started collecting trans of all dbsk related things, creating yoochun tumblog by clearing photos in my hard disc LOLz

Well thanks for answering me back. Wish that I can be more active in this new thread.

Totally agree with you.

Do you know how sad is to go to another threads of famous people and look how desert they are?

People stopped caring and that's the worst that can happen to any artist and their fandom.

Worse than the most heated argument or misunderstanding because these can be ignored or proved wrong.

I remember thinking this after the lawsuit: I'm not afraid of being dissapointed and angry with them or being hurt for some comments here and there, I'm afraid of losing my interest and stop caring.

Fortunately I only need to listen one song, watch a show or performance, a funny clip or a pic, then I remember why I'm still here.

This our place, if we are going to have a discussion or disagreement we need to do it here, in our home.

Somehow I agree with you, I might upset over with some comments but I still want to know what the others feel so that I don't feel like I am alone.

Fan accounts of JYJ

This is the really cool fanaccount, no screaming and filming. But all the descriptions of the boys are pretty nice, I can even see the real picture in my head LOLz. Thanks for sharing!

Junsu in Kanon Magazine

Loot at his face! Rather than spzzing those pics, I thought this boy push himself too much sometimes and probably this is the reason why he got hospitalized in the first place.

Park Yoochun VS Kim Hyunjoong

May be the group has been rival since ages or that's how media see but these two have known each other for so long. KHJ might be closer with Jae later for some reasons but I believe YC always mentioned him as one of his celebrity friend. I wish both of them success.

Guest nery

[TRANS] 100708 SMTOWN LIVE '10 WORLD TOUR In Seoul - Seating Plan & Ticket Prices

nyki2.jpg

[Ticket sales timing for smfanclub members]

Date: 13 July 2010

Time: 8:00-9:00

Each member may only purchase a maximum of 2 tickets

[Ticket sales timing for non-members]

Date: 15 July 2010

Time: 8PM onwards

[sMTOWN LIVE '10 WORLD TOUR in Seoul]

Date: 21 August 2010

Time: 5PM

Venue: Seoul Olympic Stadium