[Variety] Good Sunday - Running Man 런닝맨

22 hours ago, themarchioness said:

This week's episode also went up against the highly anticipated episode of 1N2D where Han Hyo Joo guested, so it was tough competition.

Competition aside, I have to say, I found Ep 294 to be a dud.  So I'm not surprised by the low rating.  I'm a huge supporter and can usually weather through even the roughest episodes, but I was totally half checked out by the end of this week's episode.  It says a lot that - for me, at least - the most entertaining moment was when Gary, Haha, and Minho thought they were going to have a rap battle with a machine and out came a (plastic) wrap machine.

I want clear this week 1n2d vs real men vs kpopstar s5 and past epi 3 weeks ago epi 116 without guest 1n2d got higher rating from last Sunday epi where e116 got 16.3 % and e118 with Han hyo joo only got more  15% .. Competition on 1st  slot mask king vs rm vs tros and mask king always got high rating every week ... Should talk abt mask king not 1n2d... 1n2d with han hyo joo not bring down lowest  rating rm  this week ..

Just know next Sunday  rm will back to 2nd slot 

• Like 2

I've carried on watching the latest episodes, probably out of loyalty? The "unluckiest man" episode was kind of boring after a bit, because all the guests didn't have much to do apart from being sitting spectators, after they got eliminated, and it came down to only JSJ and LKS. 

The new PD has big shoes to fill, and it's a challenge. The older episodes had a lot of wit and clever twists in the game rules, even if they were simple pursuit games. Don't see much of that lately. 

Also nowadays I keep worrying about the members' health, because they are all much older now. Even the wrapping machine thing last episode I felt was a bit much. Moving in a crouch for too long really stresses the lower back, and twenty rounds -- brutal, and such a waste of plastic! I hope Gary is alright. 

I'm mentally prepared if RM ends, or morphs into something else entirely. I'll be sad, but there's already hundreds of old episodes to re-watch. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kookiemonsta said:

I've carried on watching the latest episodes, probably out of loyalty? The "unluckiest man" episode was kind of boring after a bit, because all the guests didn't have much to do apart from being sitting spectators, after they got eliminated, and it came down to only JSJ and LKS. 

The new PD has big shoes to fill, and it's a challenge. The older episodes had a lot of wit and clever twists in the game rules, even if they were simple pursuit games. Don't see much of that lately. 

Also nowadays I keep worrying about the members' health, because they are all much older now. Even the wrapping machine thing last episode I felt was a bit much. Moving in a crouch for too long really stresses the lower back, and twenty rounds -- brutal, and such a waste of plastic! I hope Gary is alright. 

I'm mentally prepared if RM ends, or morphs into something else entirely. I'll be sad, but there's already hundreds of old episodes to re-watch. 

I think RM wouldn't end but instead they might change some of the members like 1n2d, HT, Real Men and other shows. Some viewers would prefer it to end rather than not seeing the same cast but others prefer it to change the cast as long as RM exists... I know they're all doing their best but ... sadly their best is not enough to increase its viewership ratings. I'm torn between wanting the members to stay while I want to also see the RUNNING on Running Man during their glorious days... I'm not sure if the new PD really changed the concept upon considering the health and age factor of the cast? I love the cast and no doubt about their chemistry and their skills to make us laugh but I hope PD's and staff's weekly concepts and games would make use of their charms. Editing should improve also because it really makes a difference. :)

• Like 5

11 hours ago, kookiemonsta said:

agree with this 101%! My thoughts exactly as well... what a waste!! and how on earth is human supposed to compete with machines. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, beyaruth said:

Some viewers would prefer it to end rather than not seeing the same cast but others prefer it to change the cast as long as RM exists... I know they're all doing their best but ... sadly their best is not enough to increase its viewership ratings. I'm torn between wanting the members to stay while I want to also see the RUNNING on Running Man

RM is the only variety show that I watch. And if what you just said happen, it will break my heart. The current casts really have a great job for being them self on the show. I can clearly remember how the each cast character had been revealed since several first episodes. They are just so good and fix together. So if the PD decides to change the cast, I think watching RM will not as fun as before. Though the new casts as good as them, it will take a lot time to make viewers fall into it.

But yes, the cast is getting old and that we should prepare our heart because soon or later we have to say goodbye to the cast. 

Running man fighting!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ryuxuri said:

RM is the only variety show that I watch. And if what you just said happen, it will break my heart. The current casts really have a great job for being them self on the show. I can clearly remember how the each cast character had been revealed since several first episodes. They are just so good and fix together. So if the PD decides to change the cast, I think watching RM will not as fun as before. Though the new casts as good as them, it will take a lot time to make viewers fall into it.

But yes, the cast is getting old and that we should prepare our heart because soon or later we have to say goodbye to the cast. 

Running man fighting!!!

I understand it would be really hard on you... although I myself watch a lot of variety shows, I still cry a lot watching farewell episodes... like what happened to 1n2d S2, Gutaeng Hyung (Kim Joo Hyuk) on S3, each family on TROS, etc... I feel empty too watching other shows that have missing members due to some issues and most of them were not able to come back but instead started different shows. It's really hard when we are so attached to the members of the show. I hope the new PD will be like 1n2d's Yoo PD who was able to lead the group back in producing better quality show. I agree with you, it's really no guarantee if changing the cast will really make it work just like when 1n2d S3 started, I really doubted their variety skills and if their chemistry would work. So I believe it's because of Yoo PD and the staff who made it work. I believe RM cast are really great in variety but the new PD and the staff just need to utilize it just like in the glorious days. It's good also if they could bring back the original PD. I know he's now working with their Chinese franchise but I think it wouldn't harm that show since it's already doing well there and he's much more needed in Korea and should stay for good like IC's Taeho PD that's why even if IC members have changed, the quality is still the same. :)

• Like 5

So this is what i felt when old PD leave RM.

the different was, i have problem with the new team. During running time, they " cut scene" to "another scenes" it feel weird. Like the song still not end, they cut to another scenes. And normally we got conversation during filming with guest, ex on car. I love some conversation between RM and guest. 

What i feel really weird, it seems they not finish with editing or shooting.

i often searching RM guest on wikipedia, normally they have 2 future ep, was written on the list guest. So we will know about the guest for future ep. But, lately. I dont even find the new future ep and the guest on wikipedia. I found the guest later maybe 12 hours before the show airing. 

Last weeks, the last scenes we only got preview, from the past video of guest lee yo won, Psj, and etc.. They dont makes preview, from ep.295. 

Also, this weeks running time only 1 hours. Huft.. Usually we got 1 hours 30 mins.

maybe this is just beginning.. I hope next time will be better. And please dont cut conversation between guest, the running time still as usually. 

Ep 294, when KJK going to china.. (I knew kim jong kook appear few mins) I found that New PD, so easy to accept his absent. Its better their not doing that.. RM Need doing mission with all the cast, because SEVEN RM cast, is the one all the fans need and loved. 

I dont care about rating, LOL. As long i always seeing them on sunday. . 

im fan from RM, still fans. I hope the new team improve ! To prepare new ep, 2 weeks ahead. . Kekekee..

NOTE: i just posting with good attention (please dont missunderstanding my post) i have almost RM ep, some ep i just watch online. Kekekekee

• Like 4

Guest pink_dolphins

I LOLed :lol: when Haha and Gary's time to share. It was cute but cringe-worthy and so funny! They are truly good friends. 

I finished ep 295 . Man what was that? even the members were perplexed with the episode theme and didn't really know what was all that about.

I laughed hard at some of PSJ part but the rest was just ...

Seriously this is not entertaining. It became some sort of talk show , where the members are sharing their fears, insecurities and regrets . 

I love them all and love to know them better and see how close they are to each other  but I don't know man this is not what RM used to be. episode 291, 292 and 295 and perhaps 296 too feel  like farewell episodes . 

New PD please get your **** together and don't drive RM out of its concept. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TeBe said:

I finished ep 295 . Man what was that? even the members were perplexed with the episode theme and didn't really know what was all that about.

I laughed hard at some of PSJ part but the rest was just ...

Seriously this is not entertaining. It became some sort of talk show , where the members are sharing their fears, insecurities and regrets . 

I love them all and love to know them better and see how close they are to each other  but I don't know man this is not what RM used to be. episode 291, 292 and 295 and perhaps 296 too feel  like farewell episodes . 

New PD please get your **** together and don't drive RM out of its concept. 

I did noticed lately we got RM show about "the real their personality, how they feel" ex ep question and answer, and ep 295.  Next ep maybe also about their close friends and family appear in the show.. 

Its little bit out of concept.. But i still enjoyed  the show. . I wanted to see their family too.. 

But next week preview, its not about their family. They will doing mission (its what i saw on preview) their family might help them to solve mission. Just like kwang soo dad on ep 165.. 

New pd still new,please support this show as you always did. Dont judge the earlier ep they made.since this is just beginning.. 

Lets see the next one, and future episodes.. Since they are not the same person so that why they have different POV and concept. .

• Like 1

Another disappointing ep last week... Usually I don't fast forward ep but I was definitely fast forwarding alot of it!

it just feels that the new PD wants RM to be a talk show. Where's the "running" or game part? That's what RM is to me! A show with Guests or just 7 RM: they play games, tries to win and with a concept/idea for each ep. Without that it's just a normal talk show with some funny conversations! Seriously if this continues, I'm afraid I will have to drop it all together. :(

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fallentenshi said:

Another disappointing ep last week... Usually I don't fast forward ep but I was definitely fast forwarding alot of it!

it just feels that the new PD wants RM to be a talk show. Where's the "running" or game part? That's what RM is to me! A show with Guests or just 7 RM: they play games, tries to win and with a concept/idea for each ep. Without that it's just a normal talk show with some funny conversations! Seriously if this continues, I'm afraid I will have to drop it all together. :(

I think the point of the heart-to-heart section of last week's episode was to explain the changes in the show's direction.  The members are evolving and so too must the show.  It's like Jae Suk said, they can't play in the same playground forever.  For one thing, the playground gets old.  For another, the players are older too.  That was particularly evident through KJK's talk where he discussed the difficulties he faces in having a certain image for the show but also just not being able to physically keep up with viewers' expectations.

This past week's episode may not have been the RM episode we've come to expect but I liked it.  It was honest and it was frank.  I think it was smart of the show and its new PD to present the episode as such.  It served as a reminder that if we want to keep RM as it is with its current member line-up then they're not the only ones who need to evolve.  We, the viewers, must also evolve.  Our playground has gotten old.

• Like 2

I notice wikipedia list ep guest running man, confusing me, because the guest didnt match, they even write the actor/actresses who never being guest on rm, Anyone here want to edit???? Please. P.s look the last guest list 2016 arround 290-296

I cant edit, because i dont really understand how to edit chart. 

Thank you..

I just can't stand people whining and complaining about the concept of running man this day , why don't they just watch it and enjoy the show and please don't compare it with other show. The new pd and the 7 celebrities were working so hard to please us and make us happy ..if your not happy or you get bored then don 't watch ...

only running man and 7 members in variety show have good relationship and stick together till the end

• Like 3

I need name tag elimination back in the show.....I need mud pack battle.... I need idol race back to the show....I need a race where Kwang Soo will betrayed again... Monday Couple is back on flirting mode by Gary..... Haroro in his devilish act..... YooAmes Bond back in action.... How everyone team up just to tackle mr. capable Kuukie...... and Suk Jin enter the jail in early time lol....

It will be great if RM member will race againts the most funny and fierce opponents team... (Please make sure Gook Joo and Yong Hwa in the team.... Gook Joo is the only person that can handle Kim Joong Kook by her self... lol)

RM pasts few episodes were bored I even skipped many scenes just to end it.... I need them to run as the show title Running Man.... I need the comedy back...Please bring those back. 

I love the show...never missed it even If I have to skipped my scenes because it gets too bored. My last best episode was ended at 100 vs 100.... after that it's just flat. So bring back the Running Man epic games.....don't let the show lost the charm....

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bebe1989 said:

I notice wikipedia list ep guest running man, confusing me, because the guest didnt match, they even write the actor/actresses who never being guest on rm, Anyone here want to edit???? Please. P.s look the last guest list 2016 arround 290-296

I cant edit, because i dont really understand how to edit chart. 

Thank you..

Which guests do you think don't match?  I looked at the list from episodes 290-294 and it looked correct to me.  Episode 295 needs to be updated though as it doesn't list any guests.  I'm sure someone will get to it eventually; I can't edit either.