[Variety] Good Sunday - Running Man 런닝맨

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2015 at 3:41 PM, honeywell said:

The speech made by the RM PD and Yoo Jae Suk was insteresting.  They're obviously aware by RM's sinking ratings.  It's almost as if they're embarrassed to receive the awards last night.  YJS even promised to get RM back to #1 next year.

i think YJS said that he promises to work hard to get RM to #1. my Korean is rusty so please correct me if i'm wrong. 

YJS is aware of the show's standing. he is part of the creative and production team. he knows how much it matters. 

Keep running!

RM cast was pretty shocked when they won the big award.

@honeywell: oh i thought that Yoo Jae Suk won mostly because of his new show? And i thought when he mentioned #1 spot he was talking about his new program.  But it makes more sense about bringing back RM to the #1 spot.

Yoo Jae Suk mentioned that he was greedy for the SBS Daesang more then the other two broadcast. He really wanted it...

I really wonder if RM will pull the plug... they received so many awards Yoo Jae Suk during his interview mentioned that Suk Jin asked if they were getting canceled.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hillarydl said:

love love love epi 280! 

reminds me of the old RM - running balls, name tag ripping , punishment.. i hope we will more of the good old style,, 

We will keep on running with them!!!! 

Me too.  Laughed so hard at multiple points throughout the episode, but especially at the end's punishment!  I can't wait to share the episode with my friends.

• Like 1

love love love RM281... wow thats 2 episodes in a row that i love love love. next week's (think its Park Ji Sung's? is definitely another winner!!! and I love the fact that i can watch subbed RM on a monday night now.. no need to wait till Tue... awesomeness!! 

this week's concept is very original!!! love it, some running, some name tag ripping, funny (i could not stop laughing with LKS slipping and fell in the dining room), suspense, minimal guest "interruption", and wow the piggy rides of the elders.. haha.. Gary and JK are either damn good or damn lucky!!!  a little bit of both, I guess. 

• Like 2

Dramafever was having issues with their site yesterday, so I wasn't able to watch ep 281 yesterday (BOO) but waking up to this news cheered me considerably:

http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/12/running-man-pd-promises-song-joong-ki-will-return-to-guest-again-after-his-injury-heals/

May he heal quickly and can't wait to see him back with the crew.  :)

• Like 2

Running man maybe stalk our forum. haha. They seem to have gone back somewhat to their original roots which was punishment and balls and name tag ripping which some forummers here wished they bring back. Maybe as long running (pun intended) fans of RM, we enjoy the reminiscence of their earlier episodes which we enjoyed very much. We have also grown older with the members, I watched some old clips of the really early episodes and I have seen that actually some members have looked older eg. Jae Suk and Haha. even the beautiful Ji Hyo. Only Kwang Soo now look his age when in the beginning he looked much older than his age. which makes me wonder and fear how much longer they can run given that Suk Jin has pushed 50.

Has anyone see the fancam for Asian Smile Cup in China? It seems that the stadium is kind of empty. It is so different as compare to the previous Dream Cup. Is this an indicator showing that Running Man popularity is fading in China? I guess the existence of China Running Man affect the original cast popularity over there. If the cast is unable to gain support from overseas + the decline in rating, it is possible for the show to be cancelled. I hope it wont happen though :(

Running Man Korea has been very active with their fanmeets in China but I don't know if there is too much of a good thing and maybe being typical fickle audiences, they might have switch to another show given the wide variety available locally as well. But China is a huge huge country. Which part of China did they film? Running Man could be very popular in some states but not others. So don't worry too much.

41 minutes ago, cissmahs_3690 said:

Running Man Korea has been very active with their fanmeets in China but I don't know if there is too much of a good thing and maybe being typical fickle audiences, they might have switch to another show given the wide variety available locally as well. But China is a huge huge country. Which part of China did they film? Running Man could be very popular in some states but not others. So don't worry too much.

If I not mistaken, Smile Cup was held in Shanghai. Last year in August, Running man had a fans meeting in Shanghai and it was a full house. It is a wonder why the stadium seems empty where last year the cast are able to fill in the stadium for their fans meeting. It is an alarming sign I guess.

• Like 1

two things to consider here in regards to the seats. There is a huge number difference between seats in a stadium vs a concert hall. I'm talking thousands. 

Two. How was the small cup advertised. Did the mention running man and what time and day if the week was if held