[Variety] Good Sunday - Running Man 런닝맨

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The recent episode has been really of putting, the bias towards some members is soo obvious ( i don't even need to mention them i think everyone knows who i'm refering too) I wonder if the PD is that eager for more scandals, the screentime distribution is soo unfairly divided, i have watched RM for a loooooooong time now, but this is the first time where i feel like they are not even trying to hide the bias, but it's hurting the fans feeling and the reputation of the show, when you look at the comment section, their biased action has not gone unnoticed and i'm sooo delighted to see that!

On 03/12/2017 at 7:34 PM, mary-ann said:

The recent episode has been really of putting, the bias towards some members is soo obvious ( i don't even need to mention them i think everyone knows who i'm refering too) I wonder if the PD is that eager for more scandals, the screentime distribution is soo unfairly divided, i have watched RM for a loooooooong time now, but this is the first time where i feel like they are not even trying to hide the bias, but it's hurting the fans feeling and the reputation of the show, when you look at the comment section, their biased action has not gone unnoticed and i'm sooo delighted to see that!

Screen time was always unbalanced,  YJS as MC always gets more screen time as do the other comedians and naturally funny characters like Kwang soo.  Jong Kook and  Song Ji hyo are the sensible quiet members who step in when the more idiotic characters get out of control and perform the brave stunts while the cowards dither.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2017 at 5:18 AM, gerry124 said:

Screen time was always unbalanced,  YJS as MC always gets more screen time as do the other comedians and naturally funny characters like Kwang soo.  Jong Kook and  Song Ji hyo are the sensible quiet members who step in when the more idiotic characters get out of control and perform the brave stunts while the cowards dither.  

I've been meaning to bring up this subject for awhile now. Honestly, while I get that we (as fans) can be very passionate about our favorite members on the show, I think it's kind of extreme to state that the show is being unfair or bias against the likes of KJK or SJH. Like the user above me stated, if a member isn't doing anything that's considered to be entertaining or worthwhile on camera, then it makes no sense to give a lot of screen time to that particular member.

In the last few months, I have come across several extreme SJH fans who treat her as if she's a living goddess who is incapable of having any faults and bash anyone or anything that gets in their favorite running man member's way on the show. As a fan myself, it's really embarrassing to see things like that. 

Be that as it may, after having given the guy several months to see on how he would adjust on this show, I still strongly maintain my belief that Yang Se-Chan was miscast for this show.

He has yet to find a stable persona for himself on the show and you can really tell at times that he's really trying to stay relevant on the show. It also doesn't make things any better that his manners are absolutely terrible when it comes to how he treats Kwang-Soo. I know that LKS's gimmick is to always get egged on by people as a result of his infamous bad luck but that was when he was the YOUNGEST member of the show. 

With the addition of Se-Chan and So-Min, that is no longer the case and not only is he physically older than Se-Chan but he is also Se-Chan's senior on the show and yet the guy treats LKS like crap at times. I could have sworn that I've seen LKS display some hints of being legitimately annoyed with Se-Chan's behavior and I feel like the latter believes that he can get away with it because he has Jong-Kook in his corner.

With the exception of personal attacks against him online, the dude does deserve all of the constructive criticism that he has gotten online since having joined this show.

• Like 1

@Jumong808 I actually find it hilarious when he purposely irks LKS; sometimes the effect is wonderful; sometimes the effect turn out quite bad. The recent one in which he asked a lady guest to stand next to KS and subsequently accused him of trying to start a love line got me laughing so hard. He may need some moderation, maybe some comments off the set from the other senior cast members will help. If the viewers can see that his teasing can be a bit excessive, I don't see why experienced variety hosts like YJS or JSJ can't see it. 

As for now, gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. He could be an richard simmons when the cameras' rolling but be extremely polite and kind off-camera. For all we know, it could even be LKS giving him the go-ahead to make fun of him (LKS's  a superior actor).

After several years of following K-entertainment news, the mentality of celebrity-chasing worries me as a whole, whether it be towards idols or actors. While there is a good portion of calm fans who silently support their celebrity's works, there's another whole portion of fans that has love bordering on obsession. They seem to treat the celebrity themselves as their possession, and thus in the sense of doing what's [supposedly] good for their idols, they will relentlessly attack anyone who threatens to hurt their idols. It's kind off like how a parent want the best for their child and if their child don't get good grades on a test, they will argue and fight with the teacher for that extra one mark. And in the process of all this, other children (aka celebrities and staff) got hurt. 

Ironically because the calm fans are mostly lurkers, most of what the celebrities see are negative remarks; and the "parent" fans will continuously to think that they are right since everyone's fighting too. 

It's time for the calm fans to speak up; and correct the behaviour of the "parent" fans. If one person thinks you're doing your work wrong, you may still think that that person is wrong himself. If a hundred people tells you you're doing your work wrong, then it's time to reflect. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A whole episode but despite that it was soo hard to see a few moments with song ji hyo close up gorgeous pictures like these during the show sigh, and many of her anticipated scenes used during the promo video was cut once again, leaving fans dissapointed again

DVMo-LTUQAA3clX.jpg

drop dead gorgeous, would it hurt them to post of these gorgeous pictures of Song Ji Hyo on instagram

DVMo9nnUMAAvAAP.jpg

DVMo87QVoAEcUvy.jpg

DVLo1sDU0AA1fT6.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2018 at 6:56 AM, mary-ann said:

A whole episode but despite that it was soo hard to see a few moments with song ji hyo close up gorgeous pictures like these during the show sigh, and many of her anticipated scenes used during the promo video was cut once again, leaving fans dissapointed again

drop dead gorgeous, would it hurt them to post of these gorgeous pictures of Song Ji Hyo on instagram

I noticed that ever since the 2 new members joined in the show,  SJH rarely dressed up prettily and preferred the casual look instead.

If anything, I applaud for her to keep her beauty hidden; probably not to overshadowed other female guests if present.

On 2/4/2018 at 12:56 PM, mary-ann said:

DVMo-LTUQAA3clX.jpg

DVMo9nnUMAAvAAP.jpg

DVMo87QVoAEcUvy.jpg

DVLo1sDU0AA1fT6.jpg

That's really not surprising considering that the episode listed above had featured so many female guests, where most of them really stole the spotlight with their performances (e.g. Lee Da-Hee).

In a situation like that, unless you really go out of your way to stand out then chances are that you won't get a lot of screen time.

• Like 2

On 18/2/2018 at 12:41 PM, herolee10 said:

That's really not surprising considering that the episode listed above had featured so many female guests, where most of them really stole the spotlight with their performances (e.g. Lee Da-Hee).

In a situation like that, unless you really go out of your way to stand out then chances are that you won't get a lot of screen time.

I watched that episode, and i found the few Song Ji Hyo scenes that were uploaded much more entertaining then those of the guests, i personally didn't find lee daa hee funny, probably because i don't understand her humour! I just wish the production team wouldn't always give the loudest person the most screentime, because the loudest person is not necesarry the person viewers find most entertaining, that's why it's so important to distribute the airtime evenly  among the members with different personalities!

Even just on a simple clothes and not so fancy dress she wears she still carried it with a attracting and confident.  I do agree on the loudest person would be funny, sometimes LKS is also acting same thing like that just for the humor audience ratings.

but I still love runningman, hopefully they will still airs for long time ... Im already catching up every week..

On 2/21/2018 at 10:09 PM, mary-ann said:

I watched that episode, and i found the few Song Ji Hyo scenes that were uploaded much more entertaining then those of the guests, i personally didn't find lee daa hee funny, probably because i don't understand her humour! I just wish the production team wouldn't always give the loudest person the most screentime, because the loudest person is not necesarry the person viewers find most entertaining, that's why it's so important to distribute the airtime evenly  among the members with different personalities!

Well different strokes for different folks.

Most of the reaction that I've seen online have been very positive and supportive of Da-Hee's antics from her appearance on Running Man. Da-Hee's antics with LKS brought the ratings high for the episode as well.

I'm assuming that whenever the RM producers go through their daily footage in order to start the editing process for any of their episodes, they have to consider on what most fans would want to see the most and sometimes that involves having to make tough decisions in cutting certain footage out. I don't always agree with their editing choices as well.

But like I said, the episode that we're talking about had 4 female guests and distributing fair screen time between the regular members is difficult as it is.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1