[Drama 2010] Gloria 글로리아

Guest sayroo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest run_lola_run

Damn...Poor Dong Ah got so many hits from Jin Jin in the first two episodes alone. LOL. I felt bad for him. :lol:

can someone explaine me which are the pairings. because after these two episodes we are getting the idea that jin-jin is going to end up with kang suk and dong ah with yoon-seo. but as i was reading the interview from the press conference i found this

Lee Jong-won: I am the half-brother of Kang-suk and my character Ji-suk is very possessive. He used to be in a relationship with Jin-joo and becomes involved in a love triangle with Kang-suk because he begins to like Yoon-seo.

what do you guys think ?

Guest Artemis

its been awhile since i been interested in a kdrama until now

watching the trailer for gloria has got my eye since i dont understand korean, but looks like it might be funny and plus Lee Chun Hee is in it. i became a fan of his during family outing.

off to watch ep 1 & 2...cant wait to watch it w/subs.

Im gonna watch this drama coz of Doona unnie but I don't have time to watch now. LCH is quite famous from Family Outing and the girl as Yeon seo is beautiful too. She looks so much like actress Choi Ji Woo. Hope that Gloria viewership will increase much in the 2 eps.

Guest charis89

I just finished watching the two episodes. It looks promising.. I like them. Lee Chun Hee definitely lives up to the crazy title everyone was calling him. The things he does is beyond crazy. xD I'm gonna continue watching, even though 50 episodes kind of scare me away.. I like Baek Doo-na's character in here too, though she is always walloping Lee Chun Hee. (Poor him. hahas.) She looks mighty fierce.. Still I'm surprised they are of the same age in real life too! look forward to episode 3! :)

From the many subplots, Gloria should entertain us for many months. I don't know anything about the coming eps, I'm another kdramaa fanatic. Somewhere in all the publicity there were a few hints. This is just a wild, out of the blue prediction: Lee Ji Suk, played by Lee Jong Won, had something to do with or caused the accident injuring Jin Joo. Of course, 23 to 30 eps will pass before this is revealed. Since Jin Joo was a singer in the distant past, will she sing on stage again?

Na Young Hee looks much too young to be Kang Suk's mother. Will she also sing at the night club?

Guest blackjackVip

hmmm....this drama seems interesting ^^,

i decided to watch 1 and 2 episodes, it seems pretty nice.

At first, i was kinda confused with the characters...

i really thought that Jin Joo is younger than Jin Jin! until i read the character descriptions here....so Jin Joo was a singer too? lol

and the other pretty girl, i'm still at lost why she always seems so down and depressed? i just read the description, is it bcoz she's an illegitimate child?

anyways, i think i will continue watching this!

Right now, i'm watching 3 dramas: Baker King Kim Tak Gu, I am Legend and Gloria. :D

i'm still looking for more!

if anyone has any recommendations let me know :)

coz i don't like waiting for the videos or subs to come out! it takes like a week! and i don't really have anything to do this summer...lol just waiting for school to start. <_<

Guest kazenai

These tracks are mighty awesome. I actually love them all but I guess the one that I keep playing is Kan Jong Wook & Byul's track, it's just too beautiful~!

Guest adorkiable

Episode 2: The last scene where Doona sang was heartwarming and touching. I couldn't help but rewatch her singing over and over again. I'm really curious to what cause the older sis to be mentally handicapped.

Guest yeohweping

Ep.03 summary

Jung Nan realizes Jin Jin's singing potential and instantly knew what Jin Jin was feeling after singing on that stage for the first time. She tells her friend that she wants to be a singer at his nightclub and he agreed immediately. Jung Nan wowed Jin Jin and her gang of friends when she began singing.

Kang Seok tried to talk his mom into leaving for hong kong again but she told him to go there instead as she plans to stay behind and make her singing comeback again after 30 years. Kang Seok replied that there is no fun in his life when his mom told him to live an interesting life during their short lives spans.

Big mom ordered Kang Seok to carry back his drunk brother back into his room with care while telling her husband excuses that Ji Seok got drunk because his friends made him drink.

Jang Nan angrily tells Kang Seok's dad that he had broken his promise of listening to her calls by himself when Big mom answered her call when he went out for a while.

Jin Jin and Jin Joo stayed at the nightclub as Jin Jin doesn't want to share the room with Hong Ah. Hong Ah got rebuked when he joked that Jin Jin must have been thinking him as a man to refuse him.

Hong Ah went to the hospital and meet up with Yun Seo again. He tells Yun Seo to call him 'stupid rascal' when she asked for his name, he got embarrassed when she mentioned that he had spelled her name wrongly when he returned her the bracelet. She thanked him again before he leaves.

Hong Ah: "No matter how much water (Tears) you have in you, you must carry on living no matter what

Ji Seok throws his temper on Kang Seok again when he finds him wiping his hands when he woke up. Noticing Ji Seok behaving like that, Kang Seok mentioned that he is not really drunk at all while Ji Seok became at angry at himself for treating Kang Seok badly once he left the room.

Hong Ah got his friend to give up his room and move in with him to give Jin Jin and Jin Joo a place to stay.

Kang Seok's dad failed to persuade Jung Nan to leave despite telling her that he'll be sending her to Europe instead of Hong Kong if she wants to as he'll be working out-station there. But Jung Nan tells him that she would rather take Kang Seok and leave him if he stops her from going back to singing.

Yun Seo insisted on leaving the hospital despite her mom's persuasion to leave the next day instead. Ji Seok guessed that she is called "Lee Yun Seo" as her dad's surname was stated on her house.(Yun Seo's surname is Jung because she is not allowed to be admitted in the "Lee" registrar by her grandfather as she is a illegitimate daughter)

Jung Nan makes Jin Jin goes on stage and sing with her despite her friend's rejection of Jin Jin's appearance on his stage as he was burdened by the fact that Jin Joo has gotten into an accident there before. Kang Seok becomes shaken when he heard her sad revelations about how she had hated singing because of her sister but she isn't going to run away it anymore as she finds out that she really wants to be on the stage.

Jin Jin's stage name is going to be "Gloria"

Guest JaneElliot

After watching the first two episodes I kind of liked it, but BDN's excessive wailing and thrashing about started to really get on my nerves. Not sure how much I'll be able to enjoy this show if she doesn't dial it down a notch. Over all it was okay, but maybe not compelling enough to stick with for such a long run. I'm really liking Suh Ji Suk, though I'm not sure if it's enough to invest myself in the show.

Guest heycitrus

Hello everyone!

Is the information on the character profiles accurate? Do Kang Suk and Yoon Seo actually get married?

I'm really picky about my dramas...I'm not into messy twisted love triangles with marriages and divorces--I'd rather avoid the whole mess, unless my shallow self just *has* to watch Seo Ji Suk.

As what Shirley had clarified earlier on,

i think kang seok and Yun Seo suppose to be getting into marrige arrangment but both will end up wishing fo another person to appear ..aka KS with jin jin and YS with DA

Maybe after the engagement, they didn't marry each other??

Sometimes, as the story moves along, it may deviate a little from the original plan.

Guest yeohweping

Ep.4 summary

Jin Jin tells her boss that she'll be living as "Gloria" from now on but he rejected her and walked away while Kang Seok tried to talk his mom into leaving once more. Jung Nan makes Jin Jin goes after her friend as she knew that he'll soften if Jin Jin tries to persuade him once more time while she tells Kang Seok that this is why staying here is interesting for her and warns him not to hooligan towards her although he is her rascal (son).

Boss tried to reject Jin Jin again when she went after him and he tells Jin Jin that Singers are people who will die if they are unable to sing and she is not that kind of person. But Jin Jin rebuked that she'll not die as long as Jin Joo is alive and being on stage has gave her a reason to carry on living. Being moved by her words, Boss finally agreed to her request telling her to live her life as "Gloria".

Jung Nan senses that there was something wrong with Jin Joo when she saw her close up for the first time, and the words "Aren't you a singer?" began to trigger something in Jin Joo's mind. Jung Nan finally finds out from Jin Jin that Jin Joo became mentally retarded after an accident which killed their parents as well.

Being unable to sleep, Jin Jin went out to the grass field and started screaming. Hong Ah tells her to stop her childish actions when he appears. Jin Jin asked Hong Ah whether does he have a dream but Hong Ah started to warn her instead that dreaming is a luxury for people like them and she must be careful not to end up like with the same fate as Jin Joo.

Jin Jin mistaken that Kang Seok was working as a driver when she sees him cleaning the car in the morning and decided to pay him the medicine money for hitting him the last time. She kept increasing the amount when Kang Seok tried to return them to her.

Big Mom ordered Kang Seok to think of a way to send away his mom quickly while Kang Seok's Dad looks upon her angrily for behaving like that towards his son although Kang Seok has already stayed with them for 20 years.

Ji Seok went over to Yun Seo's place but was rejected by her on her doorsteps.

Hong Ah decided to make another bracelet for Yun Seo while Kang Seok gives Manager Choi a really hard time upon entering Double # office.

Ji Seok overheard that President Lee is proposing a marriage arrangement for his daughter and Kang Seok. He began to get teary eyed upon thinking about something.

Eo Jin came running towards Jin Jin, crying that Jin Joo had gone missing. Jin Joo was in a state of shock, crying that she is going to die when Jin Jin finally finds her standing in fear in the middle of the road. Kang Seok began to realise how hard life had been for her. Grandmother was hushed into silence when she mentioned that Jin Joo must have another relapse again.

Boss was made to take photos for the night clubs singers to make new posters.

Big mom was unhappy to hear that a match was arranged for Kang Seok instead of her own son but Ji Seok says that they should be happy that they will be able to get rid of Kang Seok after he gets married and since Kang Seok has never dated before.

Yun Seo's mom disapproved of the match as it'll cause a scandal for their family since that Yun Seo is not "Lee Yun Seo". She slapped Yun Seo and scolded her a "poisonous" girl when Yun Seo agrees to go for the meeting.

Hong Ah scolds himself for appearing in front of Yun Seo's place.

Yun Seo tells Kang Seok that it's the same for her as well when he mentioned that his family wants him to marry so that they can get rid of him. Kang Seok then proposes that both of them should just go ahead with the marriage for their family's sake.

Episode 2: The last scene where Doona sang was heartwarming and touching. I couldn't help but rewatch her singing over and over again. I'm really curious to what cause the older sis to be mentally handicapped.

It's seems the sister was born that way, when she was remembering her childhood her sister was mentally challenge then. In the drama Running, Why Did You Come To My House and My Mom Pretty all the character that played mentally challenge people was born that way. In the (American) movie The Other Sister she become mentally challenge after a swimming accident (great movie). There really is no reason behind why some people are born special. My parents have five children and my youngest brother is the only one that come out mentally challenge (He the best out of all of us)

Archived