[Drama 2010] Gloria 글로리아

Guest sayroo

i think this drama is 2% short from being a great drama.

lose some of the cliche plotlines and it'll be much better.

all the jebol, the poor girl, the bastard children stuff can be quite distracting.

i wish kang seok was really a bad guy, who would offer gloria the contract not out of pity, but out of his greed to exploit her talent and her story. to bring success and money into his own pocket. i don't like that he's already falling for her or intrigued.

lee cheonhee's talents are not really utilized in here.

but something about bae doona's portrayal keeps me really captivated. she is just so darn good.

love her innocence and child-like spirit.

*bear hug* to dramaok!

lol i dun know ,i think the situation of so many illegimate children in one drama is abit too much also but the script had already been set as such

..if only kang seok let his ambition explode .that will be more fun to watch but seem like he is on the way of the other kang seok .lol

yup i have always like BDN and i adore her in here. . i wonder if it is just me but her protrayl is just so simple without traces of acting.so comfy in her jinjin ..l find myself simling at the egg scene ~~ .

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started watching this a couple days ago, and I'm glad I did because it's addicting. Caught up in 3 days time. O_O

Can't wait for more! I'm liking Bae Doo Na and So Yi Hyun a lot. Never saw So before but she's really pretty and I like her soft-spokenness. It's cute to see her so happy w Chun Hee. Oh, and I really really hate the older brother. UGH get away from the girl! Go find someone your age >___<

Filming halts on Gloria due to union strike

On the afternoon of the 2nd, union reps came to the Gloria set at the MBC Dream Center in Ilsan to talk with the actors face to face. Producers had intended to film that day, but after the meeting ended at 3:30 pm, the entire cast — including leads Bae Doo-na, Lee Chun-hee, and Seo Ji-seok — refused to participate. At 7:15 pm, the filming crew decided to call it a day.

An MBC representative stated that this weekend’s episodes of Gloria will air as planned. (Presumably, those scenes have finished shooting.) However, if this strike continues, next weekend’s broadcast may be endangered.

for the unedited cut of the news go to: http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/09/filming-halts-on-gloria-due-to-union-strike/

credits javabeans

Guest missbehave

I welcome any corrections to my humble translation:

Episode 11 - Synopsis (Source: nemopan - For reasons obvious??, iMBC is too busy to update the Gloria site...)

강석은 진진을 찾아가 가수로 만들어주겠다고 하지만, 자존심이 상한 진진은 왜 강석의 태도가 돌변했는지 의심스럽다. 강석은 지영의 말대로 진진이 가진 능력을 믿어보겠다고 한다. 멍해진 진진은 정난에게 털어놓고, 정난은 강석을 믿어보라고 응원해준다.

정회장은 윤서에게 일을 맡기려 하고, 윤서모는 지석은 거들떠보지 않는 윤서가 야속하다. 윤서는 동아네 식구들과 어울리고 싶어하지만, 동아는 그런 식으로 겉도는 윤서가 안쓰럽기만 하다.

한편, 여느 때와 다름없이 새벽 신문배달을 하던 진진. 강석 앞에서 코피를 흘리는데..

Kang-suk seeks out Jin-jin and offers to turn her into a singer but Jin-jin, still nursing her wounded pride, is suspicious about Kang-suk's sudden attitude change. Kang-suk explains that he is heeding Ji-young's words and putting his faith in Jin-jin's abilities. A stupefied Jin-jin confides in Jung-nan, who roots her on and urges her to give Kang-suk the benefit of the doubt.

While President Jung entrusts Yoon-seo with a job/task, Yoon-seo's mother is bitter that her daughter wouldn't give Ji-suk the time of day. Yoon-seo wants to hang out with Dong-ah's "family", but Dong-ah feels really bad about Yoon-seo not fitting in.

Making her usual newspaper-delivery rounds one dawn, Jin-jin finds herself getting a nosebleed - in front of Kang-suk.

Apparently leads BDN, LCH, SIH and SJS are not members of HanYeJo (the labor union), but a good number of Gloria's supporting casts are.

Money owed is money owed, but it would be such a setback if the strike is prolonged and puts a damper on the uptrend -albeit still modest- ratings. It may be heavy on clichés and stereotypes, but the flavor of quirkiness in Gloria works for me. May the strike end very, very soon... Q(°-°Q)

Meanwhile, after ep 10, I'm a little curious about the intentional?/well-timed? mention of Dong-ah's father (and what trouble he may cause down the road).

ETA: Yay, as of 1pm on Sep 3 Seoul time, filming has resumed on Gloria!

Thanks so much for the update! SO glad filming resumed. Does this mean MBC resolved their issues or Gloria just found a way around it?

Pretty sure Dong-ah's pops is going to be set back in the second couple. As if they don't have enough things holding them back.

Can't wait for this weekend's episode even though I might have to wait all the way till Thursday to watch >_<

And as much as I find clichés overdone, I can't seem to find too much fault yet with this drama... :wub:

Guest yeohweping

Ep.11 summary

Jin Jin tells Kang Seok that she'll not be taking his contract offer as she feels that he is only going to use her as he knew about her sister's situation.

Yun Seo switched off her phone when her mom calls and tells granny that she wants to learn how to cook from granny who agrees to it after her persuasion while Jin Joo and Eo Jin are laughing at Dong Ah for trying to drag Yun Seo away just like lovers. Yun Seo tells Dong Ah that she wants to learn a skill and is a person who has nothing at all actually when Dong Ah kept pointing out that she shouldn't be doing such things as she is a miss from a rich family.

Ji Seok confronts Yun Seo when she returns home, demanding to know why she prefers to choose Kang Seok over him since she isn't going to marry out of love but Yun Seo hurts his pride even more by emphasizing that he lacks the feelings that she sees in Kang Seok's eyes.

Witch mom tells Yun Seo that she can never own her life as it belongs to her as she is her daughter.

Ji Seok turns up drunk back home and started to shout that dad has always been unfair to him because of Kang Seok.

Jin Joo went into a fit again and it was so bad that Jin Jin had to feed her medicine this time. Swearing to granny who was with her that she has to be a singer no matter what it takes as she has to cure Jin Joo, Jin Jin went to double # with her two "Uncles" who named themselves her managers to sign the singing contract. Jin Jin pays her friend the deposit money for giving up his room to her while Dong Ah takes it from him saying that he should share his rental as he is staying with him.

Yun Seo was called away by mom telling her that her dad was back home when she was helping at the stall again. Yun Seo's tells mom that she wouldn't interfere with the decision that Yun Seo had made herself on who she is marrying.

The younger trainees made fun about Jin Jin's age and lied to her that she had to do the cleaning of their practice room since she is new while the teacher is unhappy about her lacking basic singing skills although she tried to ensure him that she'll try her best to correct it. Jin Jin noticed that Yun Seo didn't turned up that day when she went back to the nightclub.

Witch mom tells Yun Seo that she is really envious of her because Dad has given her a branded goods selling store to take care of. Witch mom gets even more unhappy when she realized that Dad had invited Kang Seok to dinner as well. Yun Seo calls up Dong Ah to tell him that she won't be able to make to the stall, she got nervous when Kang Seok passed by her but he didn't care who she was talking to.

Dong Ah turned up at Yun Seo's place late at night after a dinner gathering at home.

Jin Jin meets up with Kang Seok again when she turns up for news paper delivery in the morning and tells him that she is alright when she starts having a nose bleed due to overworking. She gets angry again when Kang Seok tells her that she wouldn't tarnish herself as she is now the product of his company.

geez i hate how to be a perfect neighbour, i don't like the mistress story

i hope not, it really ruined the story , since the main topic of this series was two wives with one husband, i hope the main guy will like BDN, before BDN will like him, besides she already knew that he had a future wife, she won't accept him

Guest missbehave

rambutan:

Thank you so much for your lovely words! I have seen HaruHaru subs and believe me I am totally unqualified! My skills -and Kdrama smarts- are shameful, I'm sure of it :-P ...I guess it's like - I can do math, but I would be all at sea if I had to take an integral offhand hehehe. Honestly I'm such an amateur here, I'm just thankful that someone actually reads my post :-D ...But thank you once again rambutan - you are so super kind ^^

Meanwhile, ep 11: Seriously, I don't just love Bae Doo-na - I want to be her! She doesn’t even have to try to be indescribably cute, she just IS.

And Yoon-seo is sporting new straight locks.

So I'm totally crushing on JJ and YS! Hehe, it's okay to crush on the female leads once in a while, right?

And Dong-ah and Yoon-seo... GAH. Can these two be any more obvious with their feelings? I LOVE every minute of their conversation -- YS confessing that she decided to learn noodle-cooking from Granny for lack of a better way to be included in DA's world; DA snapping just a little bit ("And just how long do you think you'll be able to be a part of us?") but melting like a marshmallow when he sees her face fall -- I could watch their scenes together forever more. There may not have been an official declaration or a "gobaek" confession yet, but they clearly like each other. A lot.

Again I welcome any corrections to my humble translation :-)

Episode 12 - Synopsis (Source: iMBC)

본격적인 가수 트레이닝을 받기 시작한 진진. 한참 나이어린 준비생들이 군기 잡는다며 자신에게 청소를 시켜도 씩씩하게 웃으며 해낸다. 강석은 그런 진진을 물끄러미 바라본다.

윤서는 순녀에게 국수 만드는 걸 배우러 가다가 진진과 만난다. 진진은 윤서에게 동아 곁에 오래도록 있어달라고 부탁한다. 동아는 점점 윤서를 욕심내는 자신이 두렵기만 하다.

지석은 정회장을 만나 윤서를 마음에 두고 있다며 강석 대신 자신에게 윤서를 달라고 하는데...

Jin-jin begins training in earnest to become a singer. For a while though, she faces ragging at the hands of the other young trainees and is made to do cleaning work. Kang-suk finds himself staring at Jin-jin as she moves about her tasks briskly with a smile.

Yoon-seo shows up for her noodle lesson with Granny Soon-nyeo and runs into Jin-jin, who asks Yoon-seo for a favor – to stay by Dong-ah’s side for a good long time.

Dong-ah feels frightened of himself as he struggles with his growing desire for Yoon-seo.

Ji-suk meets with President Jung and informs the latter that he fancies Yoon-seo, appealing to the old man to let him -instead of Kang-suk- have his daughter.

i have this werid feeling is the writer attempting another ."how to be a prefect neighbour" whereby

he will asked if she can be his mistress

lol that will be BDN second time .being offer that if it happen .

I doubt Jin Jin will be put in the position of becoming Kang Suk's mistress. In ep. 11, Kang Suk's marriage with Yoon Seo was postponed for him to get the ailing Double # Entertainment back on its feet. Gloria/Jin Jin will be an integral part of that revival, and along the way, I guess Kang Suk will start having feelings for her. This will all happen before his marriage. Right now, Kang Suk and Yoon Seo aren't even engaged, so I don't see the mistress theme at all.

However, should this situation come about (God forbid!), I'm sure KS and YS will be married in name only - that's what they agreed upon in their first meeting.

Guest yeohweping

Ep.12 summary

Jin Jin got angry at Kang Seok for calling her "company products", tells him there is nothing to worry about as she usually only sleeps 2 hours per day due to her part-time jobs.

Eo Jin tells Dong Ah not to bother too much about him since Dong Ah always gets to do whatever he wants and goes out selling kimbaps with Jin Jin. Kang Seok ends up buying all of them when he sees her selling them when he happens to pass by on his way to work.

Manager Choi gets angry when she finds Jin Jin cleaning up the training room while the younger trainees are nowhere to be seen.

Jin Jin requests Yun Seo to stay as long as she can with Dong Ah when they happened to meet up on their way to the nightclub. Jin Jin was surprised to find out that Yun Seo doesn't have any friends at all before meeting them.

Dong Ah walks Yun Seo home after telling her that it's already too late for her to stay out while Jin Jin and Jin Joo went to Jung Nam's place to celebrate her birthday. The girls were surprised to see Kang Seok who is already there waiting for Jung Nam with a birthday cake after being informed by his dad. Later Kang Seok helps Jin Jin by cleaning the glass broken by Jin Joo and also gives them a lift home after Jung Nam gave Jin Jin a large amount of stage clothes. Dong Ah gets into another fight with Jin Jin upon finding out what she had requested from Yun Seo.

Kang Seok laments that Jin Jin is human after all when he doesn't sees her after his run but he finds out that papers are delivered to his home when he opens the door.

Uncle guitar who is upset by Granny's words, ran out of the house and sat on the field with sad thoughts of his past. He tells Dong Ah who had followed after him that he was in a similar situation that Dong Ah is currently facing in the past before.

Yun Seo who arrived late at the stall, missed Kang Seok who sent Jin Jin to the nightclub just moments ago. She gives a branded bag as a gift to Jin Jin and promised to their friend something the next time as well. She had to leave when her dad called her to return home. She tells her dad that there is no relation between her and Ji Seok although she does know him and makes a further declaration that she doesn't want to marry anyone at all.

Ji Seok kicks up a fuss when he knew that his parents aren't going to support his actions of "snatching" Yun Seo from Kang Seok. Kang Seok went out for a speed drive in his frustrations while Ji Seok managed to convince his mom to talk to his dad about abandoning Kang Seok while supporting Ji Seok in his plans to marry Yun Seo.

Kang Seok growls in anger at Jin Jin when she finds him asleep in his car when she came to deliver the papers and began to comment how lucky he is to be having the things he is having now.

Guest donghaelover11

I love this drama!

DA and YS are so cute together. they are perfect since DA is the tough, protective kind, so he'll make sure no harm comes to YS. And YS is the sweet, calm kind so she'll calm DA down when he's all tensed up and about to beat someone up. lol. I just hope they get somewhere. it looks like the parents aren't going to find out any soon about them but I wish they would so YS doesn't have to marry someone else. Especially someone she doesn't love at all and the step brother of the one she hates lol. That'll be just way too awkward and uncomfortable for her. She's going to live a misery life if she ends up going through that arranged marriage.

Everyone who's rich is having such a pitiful and sad life. It looks like it in the drama. It's like DA, the crew, and JJ are having a good life.

I feel so bad for JJ. I really hope she get's her memory back and heals. I don't want her to live her life like that. i feel like she's going to get really hurt. I am going to hunt JS down and kill him! How could be be so foolish! He is the one responsible for making JJ like that. How could he do that! That's so evil!

At this point it's clear that JJ is starting to have feelings for him, even by the look of the preview for the next episode. But I'm not sure about KS. I don't know is he's starting to feel something towards her or just feeling bad for her cause she reminds JJ of his mother. A bit confused there.

geez i hate how to be a perfect neighbour, i don't like the mistress story

i hope not, it really ruined the story , since the main topic of this series was two wives with one husband, i hope the main guy will like BDN, before BDN will like him, besides she already knew that he had a future wife, she won't accept him

i sure hope so .. jin jin shd be more determined and with more spirit then in perfect neighours .lol i also dun know why ...but that story did get me addicted despite me being disturbed by the whole sitaution !!! :ph34r:

I doubt Jin Jin will be put in the position of becoming Kang Suk's mistress. In ep. 11, Kang Suk's marriage with Yoon Seo was postponed for him to get the ailing Double # Entertainment back on its feet. Gloria/Jin Jin will be an integral part of that revival, and along the way, I guess Kang Suk will start having feelings for her. This will all happen before his marriage. Right now, Kang Suk and Yoon Seo aren't even engaged, so I don't see the mistress theme at all.

However, should this situation come about (God forbid!), I'm sure KS and YS will be married in name only - that's what they agreed upon in their first meeting.

oh it can happen .without even marreid , a man can talk about having mistress . i guess maybe you havent watch the How to be perfect neighbours which also happen to be written by the same writer as Gloria . ^^~ anyway i also hope it wont be repeated here in Gloria ! .once was enough ~

^

esp 13 preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKe2sKRtkmA

i sure hope so .. jin jin shd be more determined and with more spirit then in perfect neighours .lol i also dun know why ...but that story did get me addicted despite me being disturbed by the whole sitaution !!! :ph34r:

blush.gif i also watched it till the end, but hoping that she will end up with the other guy that played in hotelier, or left that mistress guy just for awhile, so the mistress guy will know his lost and respect her more, but the ending <_< , everything was so easy for the mistress guy

i hate the lead guy in gloria too,he had similar character with the mistress guy in how to be a perfect neighbor, hope gloria was not so easy fall for him

So I'm back and I've finally caught up with the series!! (I saw episode 12 today.) 

It is filled with cliches but I don't mind as much because it is a weekend drama and it needs something to keep it moving for 50 episodes. The relationship web is also becoming increasingly tangled. One of the things that I'm looking forward the most is when Ji-suk finds out that Yoon-seo and Dong-ah are like a couple. :D This is probably one of the rare dramas where I look forward the seeing the second couple's interactions more than the lead couple, though we did have a bit of Jin-jin/Kang-suk moments these past couple of episodes. 

Gloria hwaiting! 

- Kyu

I was talking about Ji-suk. Yes, given his childish ways, I would love to see him when he realizes that Yoon-seo is farther away from him than he imagines. He still thinks of her as a soft/melancholy lady but whenever she's around Dong-ah, she transforms into a happy/spirited girl who he has never seen before. What will Ji-suk do in order have her act like that in front of him? Now that will be interesting... 

- Kyu

Archived