[Drama 2010] Gloria 글로리아

Guest sayroo

Guest yeohweping

Ep.10 summary

Manager Choi was both surprised and shocked to find out that Jin Jin is the younger sister of Jin Joo and Jin Joo had turned to be what she is now due to her past accident. Manager Choi explained that Jin Joo was once a singer at double #, who left after she filmed a cf when Manager Choi was still a college intern at the company. Grandma rejected payment for both their meals later when Jin Jin tried to pay.

Big mom called out Jung Nan, asking her to leave for the sake of Kang Seok as the other party is on the verge of rejecting due to her presence although it's an arranged marriage. Being angry at Kang Seok for agreeing to such a marriage, Jung Nan tried to call her son up only to be shut off at her 2nd call.

Guitar Uncle gives Jin Jin a new song to practice on while Dong Ah received a call from Yun Seo whom requests that they bring Eo Jin to an outing. Jin Joo tags along as well when Eo Jin refused to go unless Jin Joo comes along as well. Yun Seo was almost unable to make it for their appointment as her mom insisted that she stays behind as Ji Seok will be coming over. Eo Jin makes a comment that Yun Seo must be rich as she is able to treat them to pizza. Yun Seo helps grandma at the stall again but Grandma tells her not to come again as she feels uncomfortable about it. Yun Seo's mom who is already unhappy about Yun Seo not attending dinner with Ji Seok, slaps her when she rebels against her decision of marrying Ji Seok instead of Kang Seok.

Jung Nan tried to talk Kang Seok out of the marriage after Kang Seok's dad tells her that Kang Seok made the choice of the marriage himself and he didn't forced it on him. But she failed in the end and cried upon knowing how much hardships her son went through in that family.

Manager Choi began to make joking sneer remarks upon learning about Kang Seok's upcoming marriage, telling him that he should leave the company since he'll be managing the other party's business after he gets married. But Kang Seok instead more concerned about Jin Jin after he hears about Jin Joo's condition from Manager Choi as he recalls his encounter before. Feeling pity for Jin Jin, he offers a singer contract to her after seeking her out himself.

Preview

Jin Jin remarks that Kang Seok is not a bad person at all since he is Ahjuma's son.

Jin Joo's memories are coming back.

My prediction

Yun Seo will be running away from home and stay with Dong Ah and gang if Mommy dearest tried to force Ji Seok on her.

Jin Joo will take revenge on Ji Seok when her memories come back.

Kang Seok will use Jin Joo's past relation with Ji Seok against big mom and Ji Seok.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediction

Jin Joo will take revenge on Ji Seok when her memories come back.

Kang Seok will use Jin Joo's past relation with Ji Seok against big mom and Ji Seok.

I wonder if Ji Seok's mother tried to kill Jin Joo, Ji Seok's fiancee, by that car accident (It often happens in kdrama). That mother hates singer very much nikka...

"Feeling pity for Jin Jin, he offers a singer contract to her after seeking her out himself."

Squee!!! I love the pace of this show. Kang Suk seeking out Jin Jin? And offering her a contract? If I had been told earlier he would do this, I'd say kingdom would come first! I'm so looking forward to this phase. Jin Jin fighting it out in the music industry, pursuing her dreams, realising her dreams.

I like how the characters have developed over 10 episodes. Yoon Seo, who was the epitome of Goddess Sadness, is now Smiling Princess. She has such a beautiful smile that when she smiles, I smile too. But there are still traces of sadness in her eyes, even when she smiles. I hope Dong Ah and company will take that away completely. Dong Ah, who was faster with his fist than his head, managed to restrain himself from bashing someone up in ep. 10! As for the strutting, sexy, and beautiful Gloria that is Jin Jin in ep. 10, I would not have recognised her as the girl in episode 1. I take back what I said about Bae Doo Na not being exactly eye candy. She sure is pretty, sexy and magnetic as Gloria. And her image as Gloria isn't even fully developed yet! And.... OMG, Kang Suk has started to use lipstick! I think it's more execution than coincidence. The (very slight) makeup tells me he is changing and beginning to dig into his character as an entertainment industry executive. So far, the drama's execution has been fantastic! I actually look forward to the next 10 episodes more avidly than the first 10. This phase may see romance budding between Kang Suk and Gloria, and Gloria trying to make it in the music industry with Kang Suk helping her.

@Kazenai, the video is beautiful! My throat felt really tight as I watched how sad YS was. It was a good refresher on the early episodes. I didn't realise back then that the two were inexplicably intertwined. Dong Ah saved Yoon Seo from jumping down that high wall by just stretching out his hand. The way his hand tentatively reached out to her, even as a complete stranger then, stopped her from doing it. His expression said, "What are you doing? Don't do it. I will protect you." The scene where he gave YS back her bracelet is very symbolic. The way he gently slipped the bracelet through her wrist is like a man putting a ring on his girl's finger.

Guest Q_Park

Hello! 

I wanted to start watching this drama after it had finished airing but I don't think patience is my thing. I was wondering if so far, this drama was worth watching? It feels pretty underrated but I don't want to waste my time on something that's not worth it. Any suggestions? Thanks!

- Kyu

Guest ripgal

^ I think you should give it a try. The storyline spells cliche all over (but most lengthy dramas are anyway, it's 50 eps!), with seen-before characters, seen before plot devices, and most important seen before couple set-ups. Very typical K-drama formula. But like some people have commented before, the execution/flow of the drama is pretty good. Acting so far has been decent (but IMO Lee Chun Hee overshines almost all of them). And chemistry between the characters, not just the couples, have been really enjoyable and fun to see. In a nutshell, it's something that you'd not brush off as BAD or not worth the watch IMO.

I'm glad that Yoon Seo's smiling a lot more right now. At least she's breathing more color into her life (with the help of Dong Ah of course!). Altho I foresee that there will be hurdles of hardship for both of them, it will be interesting to see how both of them overcome all of that and come thru in the end.

I read some comments in the Chinese boards saying that the drama so far has been moving nowhere in terms of plot, and that there's just too little development between Kang Seok and Jin Jin. The Dong Ah- Yoon Seo couple's moving way to fast while the Kang Seok-Jin Jin couple is moving way too slow. But I may be weird, I really like the pacing so far. I don't want Kang Seok and Jin Jin to fall for each other so early. The drama has 40 more episodes.. it'd be interesting to see how fire will able to melt the ice.. hehehe..

Guest missbehave

missbehave: You have to know there are going to be a number of "issues" when it comes to their "love story" we still have 42 episodes left so expect a lot of angst and quite a few tearful/angry scenes.

semi-fly:

Hehe, sorry, I know... It’s just that I’m very simple-minded and tend to have a hopelessly rosy and deluded view when it comes to my onscreen couples ^^

DA and YS make me so giddy each time they share a scene, I have to eat sugar-coated chocolate cookies to calm down :-D

...His expression said, "What are you doing? Don't do it. I will protect you." The scene where he gave YS back her bracelet is very symbolic. The way he gently slipped the bracelet through her wrist is like a man putting a ring on his girl's finger.

rambutan:

Oh! Now I get it! Thank you for pointing out the symbolism. I didn't even think of it that way until now :-)

Off to DL ep 10! (Thank you semi-fly and alchocoholic!)

I read some comments in the Chinese boards saying that the drama so far has been moving nowhere in terms of plot, and that there's just too little development between Kang Seok and Jin Jin. The Dong Ah- Yoon Seo couple's moving way to fast while the Kang Seok-Jin Jin couple is moving way too slow. But I may be weird, I really like the pacing so far. I don't want Kang Seok and Jin Jin to fall for each other so early. The drama has 40 more episodes.. it'd be interesting to see how fire will able to melt the ice.. hehehe..

I went in wanting to see the guy Kang Suk in action (I liked him more than the male lead in OB/GYN). I don't think there's been no development between Kang Suk and Jin Jin. There sure is, they hate each other's guts more as the episodes increased! This is the set up for the romance to unfold. Morever, both characters aren't exactly lovable in the first 10 eps. Although I went in for Kang Suk, I didn't mind Dong Ah and Yoon Seo taking the limelight so far. Their story is compelling; the couple shines! So I too like the pacing and continue to trust the execution. Kang Suk and Gloria's time will come. I'm not accepting bets they will shine.

Guest hot_saranghae

I'm in love with this series right now^^

Execution and flow is great and I love the dialogues....

I'm totally re-discovering the awesomeness of Lee CheonHee...LOL...loving the DongAh x YoonSeo couple so far......I love all their interactions....their little discussion abt suicide, their encounters......<3<3

And I just realized how hot Suh JiSuk is...LOL....I liked Go JuWon better in OB&GYN >.<~~~

but he's so hot here as KangSuk.....Bae DooNa is great as usual too...and I like how the relationship between JinJin and KangSuk is developing slowly....

I'm really interested to see how things will develop between YoonSeo and KangSuk too tho'...since they're alike, I wonder if they could be real good friends like DongAh and JinJin.....

Guest sayroo

GLORIAbig.png

Haru Haru Subs Presents,

GLORIA

EPISODE 7 *HAN*

Main Translators: charisnova, g!de0n

Spot Translators: fore, mrngstar

Timers: KimT, szhoang

Editor/QC: rambutan

Coordinators: sayroo, cute girl

*Please SUPPORT fansubbers, not streaming sites! **Twitter **Wiki **Blog

DO spread the word to get High Quality english subtitles for this drama @ haru2subs.com*

Guest dramaok

i think this drama is 2% short from being a great drama.

lose some of the cliche plotlines and it'll be much better.

all the jebol, the poor girl, the bastard children stuff can be quite distracting.

i wish kang seok was really a bad guy, who would offer gloria the contract not out of pity, but out of his greed to exploit her talent and her story. to bring success and money into his own pocket. i don't like that he's already falling for her or intrigued.

lee cheonhee's talents are not really utilized in here.

but something about bae doona's portrayal keeps me really captivated. she is just so darn good.

love her innocence and child-like spirit.

i wish kang seok was really a bad guy, who would offer gloria the contract not out of pity, but out of his greed to exploit her talent and her story. to bring success and money into his own pocket. i don't like that he's already falling for her or intrigued.

From episode 10 alone, I only see Kang Suk trying to exploit Gloria. Gloria was like a pain in the neck until his manager told him about Jin Joo, and how they could exploit that relationship so Gloria could win the talent competition on sympathy votes. Gloria's talent if it was of any significance at all was secondary. Earlier, Kang Suk's father had told him to close down Double #. However, Kang Suk because of his pride and motivation to succeed, said he would lift the company's fortunes before closing it. So when he saw the chance to improve the company's reputation, he seized it. I'm afraid it would take him a lot more than ep. 10 to be impressed by Jin Jin, let alone fall for her. He might be intrigued or curious about Jin Jin because of Jin Joo, but he is too distrustful and bitter a man to be able to feel attraction for a girl who so far has been a nuisance. In the very revealing exchange with his mom, Kang Suk said he would do anything his father asked of him, because he wanted to get to the top. Because his father asked him to, he would marry the daughter of somebody's mistress, even if it hurt his pride, so long as it benefited him. And Yeon Seo was bringing along a very handsome dowry.

He wants recognition from his father and society for what he is, not who he is. And the way to do that is to get to the top. By that, I think he means top in the corporate world, which equates to power. He thinks people will respect him if he is powerful. So this guy will do anything to get to the top. That "anything" includes exploiting Yeon Seo and Jin Jin. No, he isn't a nice man at all.

Guest Pangkaa

Union workers walk off MBC, SBS drama sets

Members of Korea Artist Union for Broadcasting, Film and Performances are refusing to work for 10 MBC and SBS drama shows effective immediately, as the two major broadcasters failed to settle an outstanding balance of over 3 billion won from the last two years, a union representative said at a press conference on Wednesday.

Kim Eung-seok, the union representative, said the unionized actors and actresses who have been working for TV shows that are produced by outside companies for major terrestrial broadcast corporations have not been paid their wages since 2008.

“It’s the production companies who should be paying,” Kim said, “but it’s the major broadcasters that made it impossible for the companies to pay us. They select the outside production companies completely behind closed doors and allow unproven, insolvent corporations to produce shows with ridiculously small budget. The broadcasters even make them responsible for wages for actors and other staff members.”

According to Korea Communications Commission, the three broadcasters -- KBS, MBC, and SBS -- together recorded a net profit of 167.7 billion won in 2009. “While average workers for those broadcasters make 100 million won a year, 71 percent of us make less than 10 million won. This is our reality,” Kim said.

“We are not begging (for money),” Kim continued. “We are asking for the money we deserve, that we’ve been working for.”

Kim also said one of the broadcasters threatened the actors during a recent shoot, telling them participating in the unionized action would mean losing their roles in the script. “We are looking into ways to take legal action on the incident,” Kim said.

KBS, the biggest of the three major Korean television networks that owed the union members over 1 billion won, agreed to pay the balance just three minutes before the press conference. The unionized actors and actresses will continue working for the four currently-airing KBS shows, including its hit drama series “Bread, Love and Dreams.

SBS, on the other hand, is willing to seek a compromise settlement, an official of the corporation told The Korea Herald under condition of anonymity.

Last month, the union concluded that nearly 4.37 billion won needed to be paid by the three broadcast corporations for two years of unpaid work for over 400 actors.

The 10 TV drama shows that will be affected by the union’s action include “Gloria” of MBC and “Life is Beautiful” on SBS.

By Claire Lee (clairelee@heraldm.com)

Credit:http://www.koreaherald.com/

Archived