[drama 2010] Comrades / Legend of the Patriots 전우

Guest sayroo

This drama is easily one the best if not the best drama I've seen all year. Epic is scope highlighting the tragedy, emotions, and comraderie war brings. At first I was tentative of watching this because of the subject matter but after 2 episodes I was heavily invested and it got better and better and better with each successive episode. Up to episode 18 and cannot wait to see what happens.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah, up till now, I am so addicted to this drama.

Very well written script, and very neutral story on both sides of SK & NK .

No hallyu stars but quality acting from all casts. Hope they win some awards end of the yr, especially Sgt Park.

Bet the PD seem to have enlist most of the casts from older drama King DaeYoung, for this drama.

Guest outrider

Comrades is one really good drama, great plot, really good acting and every episode just leaves you wanting more. Just saw episode 16 where the last two guerilla fighters and the other girl soilder whos names I forget die and man it was good.

Guest gail0623

Hello everyone!

I must say that this is one of the best Korean drama that I've seen. The story is very touching...it made me cry towards the end. But then, it shows the value of true friendship and comradeship. I just love it... :)

This drama truly deserves to win awards. I hope it does. ^_^

*Listening to 친구여 while typing this reply*

This drama is truly way underrated.

I remembered seeing the teaser trailer on KBS World and to be honest, I wasn't thrilled (war plots doesn't sit well with me). However, my hubby (fan of Band of Brothers) was rubbing his hands in glee! Anyway, I sat through the entire first episode with him and it was a point of no return from then on. I love the intense moments, the heartbreaking moments and those moments that simply trigger the tear ducts. Gonna plant myself in front of the tv this weekend for the final two episodes with Kleenex no less. blush.gif

The NKPA female sniper Lee Sukyeong played by Lee Tae Ran single handledly reduced the First Sergeant platoon drastically and in fact all his main NCOs in his squad were sent off early to the dressing room courtesy of her unwavering marksmanship.

Of course her death in the hands of who-else-but-the-main-star accompanied no less by a song is about as kdrama-cornishy as you can get.

The storyline was predictable at best but for me, the drama as a whole did do its one major reminder: in war, everyone loses.

Which is why perhaps the main actor's the only one left standing and certainly this drama may very well (again) become his latest vehicle to pick up more best actor awards as he has done so very often in his past dramas.

I caught the last 15 mins of the last episode. Will catch up with the rest of the episode and the others that I missed. I don't know if SK communicated to the hero that she wanted to be buried in her hometown or in the South? I was surprised when he carried her body back. To me, she was a person who gave up her home, her fammily, the man she loved to fight for the North. Obviously she belived in their cause. To deprive her of being buried in the North seems to me selfish on the hero's part. So what if this "is the woman I love"! She chose the North over you. Hell, she even killed a good number of your men! I felt it was a disservice to them when he carried her body back.

Yah, he always wins the awards!

Guest thunderbolt

An epic review of an epic drama:

http://thundie.wordpress.com/2010/09/21/blown-away-by-comrades-part-2/

Six reviewers share their thoughts... in 12,000 words.

• 3 months later...
Guest smiley6yrl

HI,

I have been looking for the wallpaper for this drama and Joseon X file. I was wondering if anyone know where I can find it. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Not enough love for this one! The first 15 minutes of the first episode already made it an instant classic in my eyes. :phew: I tuned in for Lee Tae Ran but was quickly sucked into this vacuum of savage brutality, horrific violence and immeasurable love and loyality. Not for the weak of heart, but an incredible production on all grounds. My dad fought for the U.S. during this action but died long before I ever grew old enough to ask him about it. Quality productions like Commrades, Band of Brothers, and Saving Private Ryan, etc. tell us about as much as we need to know. War is truly "Hell."

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived