[drama 2010] Comrades / Legend of the Patriots 전우

Guest sayroo

Guest ripgal

Gah, this drama is undeserving-ly underrated. I'm not much of a war-drama/movie fan, what with all the explosion and shooting. But Comrades gave me a totally new insight and perception on  the war-aftermaths and dilemmas faced by the soldiers and army, North or South alike. Love how it also manages to balance out the action with some slight gritty and witty humor. The brief banters between the soldiers, the fellowship, brotherhood... everything just felt right.

And I agree with whoever who commended Jung Tae Woo's performance in here. Everyone's doing great, but Jung Tae Woo IMO slightly outshined the rest in terms of character portrayal. He's just like a ticking bomb. So conflicted and crazy. Loving it!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ninkarch

With an extra month, does it mean that Comrades will be extended to 30 episodes instead????

reallyyy???? wowwww.... I love it... :D

I think somebody is gonna die in the next episode.....TT__________TT

ah~ and Jung TaeWoo's performance is really good >.<~~.....never seen him perform this well before.....

oh no!!! who's gonna die?? I hope it's not lee seunghyo's character... I still want to see his performance

and I'm agree with you. Jung Taewoo's performance is really good...

Guest 2Van123

Gah, this drama is undeserving-ly underrated. I'm not much of a war-drama/movie fan, what with all the explosion and shooting. But Comrades gave me a totally new insight and perception on  the war-aftermaths and dilemmas faced by the soldiers and army, North or South alike. Love how it also manages to balance out the action with some slight gritty and witty humor. The brief banters between the soldiers, the fellowship, brotherhood... everything just felt right.

And I agree with whoever who commended Jung Tae Woo's performance in here. Everyone's doing great, but Jung Tae Woo IMO slightly outshined the rest in terms of character portrayal. He's just like a ticking bomb. So conflicted and crazy. Loving it!

I agree with your comments. At the same time, I am watching Dae Joyoung and some of the same actors appear here too as soldiers. Sometimes a bit confusing but I'll get by tongue2.gif I think every Korean, especially the pampered young should watch this drama. I especially appreciate that they portray the human emotions of both North and South Korean soldiers. So often in shows, and well, especially in our news of current affairs, we get properganda only from one persepective!

I haven't seen Jung Tae Woo in dramas since he got married ... :unsure: or i missed watching his drama

regardless, i'm glad he was casted as Chun Sung Il

(btw, this guy doesn't seem aged at all .. he looks the same as 3-4 years ago when he got married)

i hope he won't turn worse but find his way back toward the end of the series

This season, i have broken my own rules of watching k-drama with King Baker and Patriots when i know melodramas can ruin my moods .. i even think it's a waste of time & money.

I surely hope King Baker & Patriots won't disappoint me

Guest MisterX

No extension. They're doing a short drama on anarchist independence fighter Lee Hwe-Young (자유인 이회영 - 4 eps, PD is Shin Chang-Seok of Age of Warriors/Empress Cheonchu) after this ends, and there will likely be a special for King Geunchogo, so that buys you 3 weeks. Geunchogo only started shooting last week, and Comrades' shoots are even worse than sageuk, considering heat and humidity. They have stuff in the can (most of the Gaema Plateau shoots involving the caves) so they're not really live-shooting, but they're not going to extend this, barring a last minute change of plans.

I found a new official comrades MV in kbs website. but I can't download it. can anyone download it and upload it in youtube? the song title is 'Soon I will go back to'

I love the song, so touching... it makes me wanna cry...

and I want to download the mp3 of the album of OST comrades. does anyone know the download link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLKRwcVgPkw

Guest Fashionista*

i'm loving this drama! i started watching it because i'm a fan of choi su jong but i gotta say, this drama is so entertaining to watch. the action, brotherhood, everything! all the actors/actresses portray their roles really well and the brotherhood between choi su jong and his men is heartwarming to watch. i have to say jung tae woo's performance is excellent! i don't want anyone to die from this group of 9 but i'm sure they're going to kill of some if not most of them. it's gonna be sad to watch, i've grown attached to each and every one of them.

it's a shame that this drama isn't getting more attention, seriously it's one of the best ones out right now.

Guest JaneElliot

I've only seen through episode four, and I'm really enjoying it, but I gotta ask: does anybody else have a little trouble telling some of the side characters apart? I personally find it rather difficult with all the more minor characters who get less screen time, and the uniforms aren't helping. Perhaps it's also because the emphasis is often on the group dynamic rather than isolated characters or plotlines? I've never had this problem before. I feel really stupid to admit this. I think it's really interesting, though, that none of the characters in this drama exist in a narrative vacum where the fake drama world revolves solely around the story of a limited group of individuals. I like that there are a lot of characters at play here.

**also, the fact that they don't use each other's names a lot, but rather their ranks/titles, and of course "comrade" among the northerners, doesn't help me either. Am I the only one with this stupid problem?

Guest hot_saranghae

Today's episode has got to be the best I've seen so far.

If I can get to choose a theme for it....It's gotta be "DEATH"

so many touching and beautiful scenes....I thought it's almost impossible, but we see the group getting even closer to each other............

and tomorrow's episode looks like sth REALLY REALLY interesting!!~

*ps: I'm having a growing crush on Private Park JooYoung^^~ somehow he seems so endearing to me!!~

ah and anyone else is annoyed at that really aggressive NK soldier under YongTaek? He just has an evil nature....I'm so glad he got shot LOL!!~

Guest rochinipark

saw a bit of this drama on KBsworld.but i can't seem to get the woman in military during those times in Korea.were there women in military at such times?

Guest hot_saranghae

I think the story is getting really interesting this week....

I dun like the fact that the soldiers are all separated though.....somehow I think the dynamic in their relationship is gonna change drastically.....

btw, the new woman in the NK army is such a manipulator.....she's really smart!!~

Just my speculation, but I think there's a mole among the south korean soldier prisoner........The guy who sweeps the floor seems suspicious.........LOL~~~ but we'll have to see what happens next week!!~~

saw a bit of this drama on KBsworld.but i can't seem to get the woman in military during those times in Korea.were there women in military at such times?

probably ... because it's time of war when manpower is greatly needed

i heard some wars in the history had women as their soldiers

plus, LTR's characters were mostly guarding their base (but i only watch up to ep4 thru KBS World ... i don't know if LTR's character will be in the frontline in the future episodes)

if i'm not mistaken she's military officer specialized in the psychology

(the wars extend not only body-to-body, but also attacking the enemy's mental .. so they can win the war faster & easier ... just like in the 1st episode where the NK's soldiers attacks with noises & drums before charging)

hotsaranghae .. private Park Joo Young??? :blink:

i'm with JaneElliot ... :wacko: i can't remember who's who and who's what

everyone is wearing the uniforms with dirts all over their faces

well, it's war drama ... i will need more time to be able remember the casts, expect the leads ^_^

Guest hot_saranghae

yup2 Park JooYoung is the one who's like the doctor of the group...his hat normally has the red cross sign on it...and he wants to be a priest, so he's always wearing a cross necklace....and we can see him praying sometimes....

well in the start u see more soldiers, but as the story progresses you kinda get familiar with the faces...because they'll concentrate more and more on the specific group.....

I like Ahn YoungJun too, but he somehow always gets roles that are soooo young....even though he's not that young anymore....I think he's like 23/24?....and yet he always plays characters tt are much younger than his actual age..........

Archived