Jung So Min 정소민

Guest snowflakesj16

Guest teresita

klover3344  - A pair of simple earrings would have made her look even more elegant, but I guess So Min is not really into wearing earrings unless its called for.  I've also noticed that she likes to cross her feet/legs when posing. :) 

*quoted image*

Crossed-feet model pose? :)

Sorry to cut your post don't get me wrong but i think almost all the Korean actress posed with crossedlegs.I think because of them being bow legged.I see PHB or LSY a lot posing with crossed legs a lot.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jemgirlie

Sorry to cut your post don't get me wrong but i think almost all the Korean actress posed with crossedlegs.I think because of them being bow legged.I see PHB or LSY a lot posing with crossed legs a lot.

A lot of Korean actresses are bowlegged but I don't think Jung So Min is bowlegged tho. Most of the bowlegged ones are taller.

Guest klover3344

Jung So Min is definitely not bowlegged.

Cross legged stances are common among celebs for several reasons. One is that it make them look thinner in photos. The other is that crossing your legs gives the impression of shyness.

I think both applies to JSM. I also think that ballet dancers naturally cross their legs.

please vote to the korean drama poll.  the link is www.koreandrama.org/?p=5818

its only 1 vote per day por 1 ip. if you can vote from diferent ip. it will be good. we are loosing to mary stayed out all night. its obly 1 vote per day until 31.12.10 23.59 pm

korean time.

Merry Christmas!!!!!  *_*:lol:

。* \。° 。 ° ˛˚\° 。 ° ˛˚˛ TT

°\ 。 TT° ˛˚˛ * _Π__*_*__*。*˚""

˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛*."""

˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ .|..... 田_ _田 |ô|*。*˚ ˛ •˛•

##-##-##-##-##-##-##

Best wishes for everyone.

The old year will be end,the new year is becoming.Please forget everything only remember the good thing.

*.*.*.*SMILE FOR BETTER THINGS IN THE FUTURE*.*.*.*.

Again,Happy Christmas time and Happy New year..

Guest opiod0101

"The drama had a number of flaws, but wasn’t without its charm. My favorite thing about it was undoubtedly Jung So-min, who played Ha-ni with a realistic, heartfelt touch that I’m not convinced that the character was written to have. More than any actress in recent memory, she captured the chaotic emotional contradictions of what it feels like to be young and in love (or in crush) — the giddiness of a brief mundane encounter, the teeny voice of reason that reminds you that the crush is better off abandoned, the devastation in knowing you’re nothing to him alternating with the undying hope that maybe, just maybe, he really was looking at you this time.

She embodied that complex well of emotions so wholly that I felt embarrassed for her when she faltered, proud when she stood up for herself, and, yes, exasperated when her feelings got the better of her and she went back to pining for Seung-jo. Every. Damn. Time. But it was an exasperation of the sort you feel for a good friend, or a sister, born of concern and affection. She was Ha-ni — all heart, not so much brain."

dramabeans review of PK, JSM cut...even though she did not really like PK, I love love how she described Jung So Min's acting. What she is, what she gives on the screen, its very very real, subtle, sincere, heartfelt. I've never felt this emotionally connected with an on-screen character than with Oh Hani. Kudos to JSM. And to think, she's never been in love!

Guest snowflakesj16

"She embodied that complex well of emotions so wholly that I felt embarrassed for her when she faltered, proud when she stood up for herself, and, yes, exasperated when her feelings got the better of her and she went back to pining for Seung-jo. Every. Damn. Time. But it was an exasperation of the sort you feel for a good friend, or a sister, born of concern and affection. She was Ha-ni — all heart, not so much brain."

opiod,sorry to cut your post, and thank you for posting dramabeans' review on PK, specifically on JSM, here :)  So Min's portrayal of the HaNi character had that same effect on me. She made me sympathize with the pain she's feeling when she's hurt, made me want to comfort her and to tell her she's right on her decision to stop pursuing Seung Jo when she was being rejected and belittled, made me hope with her again every time she regains hope to pursue her love, and inspired me every time she decides to work hard to achieve something despite her weaknesses and limitations. 

I also love how she was able to deliver the "comic-like" facial expressions naturally. This girl's eyes can really speak, even in scenes where there are no lines, she can make you see and feel what's she's feeling inside . Based on her interviews, you can tell that her personality is really different from her Oh HaNi character, but  she embodied the role perfectly - that's how I would rate her.  She really nailed it. :)  

This scene for instance.. doesn't it make you feel..wub.gif?

haniepi2.gif

Here's some pictures of So Min for daydream Korea(jewelry/accessories). I find her fashion style really cool. :) Credit as labeled. 

somoinnk10-1.jpg

This one's an old pic.. also credit as labeled.

1275223678_201005302148265676260501_700_0.jpg   

Missing So Min already..hope we'll get updates from her soon. Merry Christmas everyone! :) 

Guest klover3344

I totally agree with dramabeans. I 'm not sure I would love PK as much as I do if JSM did not sell me on OHN. And her comical side is very natural...not OTT at all. Even when she is not the central focus of a scene, she's always in character.

Guest mijoo-pearl

Sharing some of random photos of our Min Min. SHe is so cute and natural.

I miss Min Min a lot now. Wish her agency will be a better one in promote and pick another good project for her.

I don't want MM become an actress with low profile like some young actress these days...

55915695201011250122190.jpg

55915695201011250122380.jpg

55915695201011250124510.jpg

55915695201011250125540.jpg

Credit: Nate, jungsomin.com

Guest snowflakesj16

So Min updated her cyworld with new pics, including those with Min Ah and JuRi.

Photo3559.jpg

100911_010.jpg

More pics.. credit shows from jsominchina.com

5598575820101228234058094.jpg

55985758201012282344000461.jpg

5598575820101228234516048.jpg

So Min is so lovely. Hoping to see her soon at the MBC Drama Awards.  

Guest klover3344

mijoo...thanks for sharing. I saw the pics on jungsomin.com and was hoping someone would share it here. I love the picture in the blue hoodie.

snowflakes...Thanks for sharing, hon. I miss the girls. They were so fun together.

I'm anxiously waiting to see JSM at the MBC awards too.

It seems all the JSM related articles are about her legs, ne? I just google translated one yesterday and it focused on her legs, the new trend?

Guest snowflakesj16

klover3344..i love her pics in that blue hoodie too. :) Noted the articles about her legs also, it seems that they're giving positive comments on legs like hers.. And there also are articles about her "collarbone"  from her appearance at the 18th Korean Culture & Entertainment Awards. biggrin.gif  It seems she's been receiving good comments from the press so far (acting and physical attributes). Really hoping to see her attend the MBC Drama Awards tomorrow!!! :)

Some more pics from Sure Magazine (Sept. 2010), I think these were not posted yet. Credit as labeled.

9a605622254e6becb954476683f60092_large.jpg

I love this shot! :)

b03483383494d1dc270eadb5e03bb8d8_large.jpg

Guest klover3344

snowflakesj16 You know...I saw one more with her in shorts and a fringed t shirt...but I can't find it anymore. Every time I try to look for it on Jungsomin.com...I get redirected.

The pictures remind me of her "bad" girl and "matrix" looks in epi 1 and 2. That was when I realized her versatility. You get sweet innocent Oh Ha Ni with bangs in dream sequence (not may favorite look), you get spunky schoolgirl Oh Ha Ni, ballerina Oh Ha Ni, tough girl Oh Ha Ni, and dark leather clad matrix look (my favorite dream sequence look)...all in the first two episodes. She transformed throughout PK.

The articles do fixate on the "reverse body"...whatever that means. And I think one article suggests that she was embarrassed about the attention given to her legs that's why she opted for the long dress for the awards. But that's good, because she was about to showcase her "sweetheart" collar.

JSM sort of bucks the trend of the female entertainers. She's not tall, not super skin and bones, less make up, no surgery. As mijoo says, she's low-key. I don't know if that is a good thing, since it seems that K-ent is superficial and it seems popularity=jobs. I like the low key actresses, personally, that just means that they are in the industry because they want to act.

Hopefully, she'll be at the MBC awards. I would be curious to see what she chooses to wear.

Guest snowflakesj16

klover3344, i think the shot you're referring to was already posted by vanilla96 in the previous page (page 25)..:)

Yes, I agree with you.. Personally, I prefer she wears something that shows off her upper chest rather than a short skirt or dress. She has good legs, but I feel kinda uneasy looking at her wearing those short, short skirts. biggrin.gif If not long dresses, maybe something not too short, like the white off-shoulder dress she wore in one the press conferences for Bad Guy. Hope she goes with an outfit that will showcase her "sweetheart" collar at the MBC Drama Awards. :)  

She really was transformed to different personalities in episodes 1 and 2.. I loved her bad girl look in episode 1. I would love to see her portray a character with a bad girl personality. hihi. I agree with you, she is a breath of fresh air when it comes to female actresses, particularly in Korea where most often an actress has to possess doll-like looks, and supermodel-type bodies.  With So Min's looks, she may not be considered as gorgeous, but she has this type of beauty and charm that will surprise and amaze you every time you see her . Her body is not that of a supermodel, but has a different type of sexiness with it. And based on her interviews, I can say that she is really an artist, she says she will work hard and take it step by step.. for me, she's really in it for the love of the arts and not really for the fame and is the type to really give her all once she decides to do something.  

Talking about stuff like this makes me even more excited to see what this lady has in store for us for her upcoming projects. :) Really hope she gets the Newcomer Award from MBC, and SBS (for Bad Guy, not sure if she's nominated though) as well. :D

vanilla96.. Thanks for posting another lovely shot of So Min from High Cut magazine. :)

Guest geomill

Happy Holidays to everyone! I haven't been able to post here because the forums is being iffy, I have no idea why, but I finally get the chance.

I'm loving all the new pictures (my hands are itching to make graphics!). I think I don't even need to explain why because everyone here has already done a fantastic job doing so.

The thing about So Min is, well, it's my personal opinion, is that she doesn't give me the 'fake' vibe. Does anyone know what I mean? She doesn't seem to be trying to be someone she is not, which is why her aura is so inviting and has a lot of charm. The fact that she opted to wear a longer dress when complimented on her legs shows you she is careful and not the show-of-fy kind. And she doesn't need to be, because her true nature really shines through.

Yeah, she doesn't have super model looks, but she is no where near average looking. Her looks where really downplayed in PK (because Oh Ha Ni is supposed to be an average girl). She is so natural, you wouldn't be able to tell she is an actress (considering K-Industry likes them all tall and gorgeous). Even HJ said he didn't know she was one, but he still found her really cute. Haha.

Hope to see her tonight at the awards!

Archived