Jung So Min 정소민

Guest snowflakesj16

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annyeong @SpiritGambler  & @yokyo Welcome to JSM thread!

I haven't watched The Sound of Your Heart yet and I've heard it's good.  Now that BTIMFL is over, I guess this is the right time to watch it since JSM might take a break for how long, we don't know.  This has been a busy year for her so she really needs a break.

I agree with you @yokyo  Her hair extension is so impressive.  I wonder, how long is her real hair now since FIS days.

@snowflakesj16  Hope she'll continue getting more good projects.

Guest snowflakesj16

@SpiritGambler and @yokyo welcome to JSM's thread! You mentioned her being smart and her comedic acting, I very much agree with you on that. I beliee one has to be a smart actress to be able to portray a "not-so-wise" character such as Oh Ha Ni and have great comedic timing. 

@b4l01you should watch The Sound of Your Heart!! i laughed my heart out watching each episode.

The only project I can't bring myself to watch in its entirety is her movie Alice. I did try to watch it twice but since I'm a scaredy-cat, thrillers aren't my thing. 

Hello, just dropping by to say that I never knew of Jung So Min's existence until This is my First Life :D 

I think she has been added to my bias list and Ji Hyo has climbed up to my top 3 heroines of all time (Songyi of MLFTS, Bokjoo of WLF and JiHyo of BIMFL). I love how she portrayed JiHyo, who wear her heart on her sleeves, transparent with her feelings and does know when to fight back when hurt. Congrats Somin and BIMFL as well, I think this work was quite a turning point for her especially to the international fans, they rave really good reviews and SeeHee and JiHyo's chemistry is too strong for me. :D

I still have not completely moved on from BTIMFL but in the future, I wish Somin the best and looking forward for her next works.

14 hours ago, snowflakesj16 said:

@ChunSungIm I actually think she has gotten way too thin. I missed her chubby face back then in Bad Guy and Playful Kiss. But she mentioned in one TV guesting that it bothered her to see her "wide" face on screen. 

@b4l01 wow, she managed to stay in the top 10. way to go So Min! :)

and maybe because of that now i can see her dimples,her dimples often appear eps when she played miyoung in father is strange maybe because of her short hair, and if you noticed too maybe because her skins so white/soft,her veins can be seen clearly in her left cheeks.(well its make up 

8 hours ago, yokyo said:

I actually did the same think but I love So min, and it actually turn out to be pretty amazing story.

well i fast forward when watched that drama,even though maybe i didnt know whats happen/the story but i got the point.she is so funny when played miyoung.she have insecurity,undecisive and lack of self esteem.

@snowflakesj16  lol  For me, Alice is not that scary.  It's the background music that make it looks scary.  Oh well maybe it's because I'm used to watching suspense thriller genre.  Yes, definitely I'll watch The Sound of Your Heart especially now JSM will be in hiatus.  I hope it will not be for long.

@yokyo.  Wow! now you mentioned D-Day, I remember shipping her with Kim Young Kwang.  I was one of the few who's been active in that [OFFICIAL] Lee Hae Sung (Kim Young Kwang) & Jung Ddol Mi (Jung So Min) | D-Day Couple | DocDuo thread ..  Unfortunately that ship sank in the deep blue sea.  :lol:

Since JSM has worked with some senior actors and with the same age bracket actors, I want her to work with a younger actor particularly Woo Do-hwan of Save Me and Mad Dog. He's good acting wise.

BTW, I like her to work also with Jung Hae In, the second lead of While You Were Sleeping. LOL  A girl can dream, right?! :D

@jughead2000  Annyeong!  Welcome to JSM thread :)

2 hours ago, yokyo said:

@b4l01 I really like the guy from Mad Dog.  I haven’t seen the drama but just seeing clips is making me feel like it would be awesome.  I like that he can look intense.  I hope no pretty boy or singer idols.

I came to like him in Save Me.  I watched it because of Taec but he stole the show from Taec.  Most people ended wanting him to be with the leading lady which reminded me of JSM in Big.  JSM was only a second lead there but acted way better than the lead female  and had great chemistry with Kang Ji Hwan that viewers hope they'll end up together.

Btw, in Mad Dog WDH is paired with Ra-Young, youngest sister of Mi-Young in FIS.  lol 

talk about actors i jung hae in its not bad choice,yang se jong also gain popularity

but i want to see her with kim woo bin in drama (twenty couple)

anyone sees that movie,i dont get it why her chara and woo bin break up,i mean they seems like a couple

they kiss even somin kiss his cheeks.but they dont became couple , i know woo bin playing a jerk but i dunno

who ended with who, i need to watch that movie again

*well i know kim woo bin undergo treatment for his cancer,but someday i hope they can work together again.

Guest snowflakesj16

@ChunSungIm her character So Min in the movie Twenty  ended up with Kang Ha Neul's character. So Min and Woo Bin's character started dating in high school since So Min was like the campus crush,and it was Woo Bin who first made a move to date her. They dated until after high school but somehow Woo Bin's character was still immature and they outgrew each other. I think she looked better with Kang Ha Neul, and in real life got closer to him since she showed support in his different projects (movie and musical).

@b4l01That guy from Mad Dog also caught my eye.I just happened to watch some clips of the series and think that guy is intense! 

I've always wanted her to work with alee Seung Gi, I think his acting has depth too and I think their chemistry will work.. One can dream right? :)

btw welcome @jughead2000!

16 hours ago, snowflakesj16 said:

@SpiritGambler and @yokyo welcome to JSM's thread! You mentioned her being smart and her comedic acting, I very much agree with you on that. I beliee one has to be a smart actress to be able to portray a "not-so-wise" character such as Oh Ha Ni and have great comedic timing. 

@b4l01you should watch The Sound of Your Heart!! i laughed my heart out watching each episode.

The only project I can't bring myself to watch in its entirety is her movie Alice. I did try to watch it twice but since I'm a scaredy-cat, thrillers aren't my thing. 

Thanks for the warm welcome, honestly I just clicked your signature that's why I got here haha, that thing is very effective :lol:

The Sound of Your Heart and Ae Bong proved to me that JSM is serious in her craft, she has no qualms to look like stupid and crazy in that show, she's super funny there I cannot forget her antics :lol: She's already funny as Ji Ho and Mi Young but Ae Bong is on another level :lol: 

I was about to ask about Alice since it looks like a lovestory? (based on YT vids) but if it is a thriller/horror/gory with lots of blood, I think I'm gonna have to pass as well

I can't still bring myself to watch Playful Kiss, I don't like the guy (nothing personal) and the TW version had a big impact in me (it's so popular in my country back then) but part of me want to watch it just to see a HS girl SoMin :D 

I wish her next leading man is tall guy who can act and not a pretty boy XD nothing against pretty boy but it's hard for me to focus if the guy is too pretty XD and besides, she looks best with taller guys (Lee Min Ki, Kim Young Kwan, the guy from Can We Get Married - haven't seen this one yet, Kim Woo Bin) of course she looks good with all of her leading man it's just that it's extra adorable if the guy is way taller than her  :love: 

P.S. I shipped KYK and JSM height difference :lol: is this even possible? haha

3 hours ago, snowflakesj16 said:

@ChunSungIm her character So Min in the movie Twenty  ended up with Kang Ha Neul's character. So Min and Woo Bin's character started dating in high school since So Min was like the campus crush,and it was Woo Bin who first made a move to date her. They dated until after high school but somehow Woo Bin's character was still immature and they outgrew each other. I think she looked better with Kang Ha Neul, and in real life got closer to him since she showed support in his different projects (movie and musical).

@b4l01That guy from Mad Dog also caught my eye.I just happened to watch some clips of the series and think that guy is intense! 

I've always wanted her to work with alee Seung Gi, I think his acting has depth too and I think their chemistry will work.. One can dream right? :)

btw welcome @jughead2000!

thx for the explanation,gonna watch twenty with better subs

but as i recall,she rarely appear (maybe the film focus on 3 man who enters the adulthood)

32 minutes ago, SpiritGambler said:

I wish her next leading man is tall guy who can act and not a pretty boy XD nothing against pretty boy but it's hard for me to focus if the guy is too pretty XD and besides, she looks best with taller guys (Lee Min Ki, Kim Young Kwan, the guy from Can We Get Married - haven't seen this one yet, Kim Woo Bin) of course she looks good with all of her leading man it's just that it's extra adorable if the guy is way taller than her  :love: 

P.S. I shipped KYK and JSM height difference :lol: is this even possible? haha

because she played wih korean model turned actor so they have 185+ cm height,and giganticly beside small so min who just have 163 cm height.

for kyk jsm height,they made a fun jokes about that on ig

18 minutes ago, ChunSungIm said:

thx for the explanation,gonna watch twenty with better subs

but as i recall,she rarely appear (maybe the film focus on 3 man who enters the adulthood)

because she played wih korean model turned actor so they have 185+ cm height,and giganticly beside small so min who just have 163 cm height.

for kyk jsm height,they made a fun jokes about that on ig

Yes, those pics are adorable and funny, and yes I noticed that she mostly worked with model-turned-actors, I forgot the guy in Alice as well, he's a former model as well, right? If I'm not mistaken, they looked cute too.

Wish she works again with Kim Young Kwang because they look so good together (too bad their cute moments in D-Day has just small screen time)

4 hours ago, SpiritGambler said:

Yes, those pics are adorable and funny, and yes I noticed that she mostly worked with model-turned-actors, I forgot the guy in Alice as well, he's a former model as well, right? If I'm not mistaken, they looked cute too.

Wish she works again with Kim Young Kwang because they look so good together (too bad their cute moments in D-Day has just small screen time)

the guy who played in alice named Hong Jong Hyun. He also plays in moon lovers scarlet heart and the king in love with yoona and im siwan Ze: a. 

Guest snowflakesj16
7 hours ago, SpiritGambler said:

Thanks for the warm welcome, honestly I just clicked your signature that's why I got here haha, that thing is very effective :lol:

The Sound of Your Heart and Ae Bong proved to me that JSM is serious in her craft, she has no qualms to look like stupid and crazy in that show, she's super funny there I cannot forget her antics :lol: She's already funny as Ji Ho and Mi Young but Ae Bong is on another level :lol: 

I was about to ask about Alice since it looks like a lovestory? (based on YT vids) but if it is a thriller/horror/gory with lots of blood, I think I'm gonna have to pass as well

I can't still bring myself to watch Playful Kiss, I don't like the guy (nothing personal) and the TW version had a big impact in me (it's so popular in my country back then) but part of me want to watch it just to see a HS girl SoMin :D 

that's basically the reason why I placed the links to the different threads involving So Min in my sig, so I can simply just click on them.lol.

Speaking of The Sound of Your Heart, it was really hilarious. Si Min can do comedy without trying too hard! I remember the "crazy woman" scene where Kwang Soo's character applied make up on her. My that was hilarious!

Alice is somewhat a lovestory, there's not much blood although there are some.. But as @b4l01 mentioned it's the sound effects that made it creepy. I easily get frightened and the sound effects indeed are on point-to scare/surprise me. lol. You might want to give it a try first and just give up if you can't handle it like I did. lol

I started watching Playful Kiss because I loved the Taiwanese Version. True, the lead guy was not that great acting wise but he had great chemistry with So Min. The Korean adaptation was able to tug at my heartstrings even more than the Taiwanese  version because of how they highlighted the family and friendship aspect. Plus So Min is such a gem in the drama. :)

Archived