Jung So Min 정소민

Guest snowflakesj16

Guest snowflakesj16
2 hours ago, b4l01 said:

Hahah! Same here @snowflakesj16 I'm not into long drama series as well.  The most I can take is up to 26 episodes.  And just like you, for the love of SoMin, I watched it diligently. LOL   But no regrets.  She looks good with Lee Joon that I almost ship her with him.  But some Lee Joon's crazy fans' reaction turned me off. I guess, it's better for her not to be involved with him.  Anyway, I find SoMin to have great chemistry to whoever her leading man is.  :wub:

Hi @b4l01 yeah. I was hesitant to watch it at first cause a 50-episode drama was too long for me. I started watching  when it was already airing at around Episode 22 , what got me was the scene where Actor Ahn gave the girls a free makeover and was lovestruck at the sight of the dressed up Mi Young. I liked her chemistry with Lee Joon as well, almost led me to shipping too. But then I shipped her with Kim Hyun Joong, and I didn't quite liked the idea of shipping her with him when negative news about him broke after. Still, I think she's got great chemistry with Lee Joon, but then again, as you said, she has always had great chemistry with her leading men, may they be younger or older than her. I remember her CF video with So Ji Sub when she was just about 21 years old, and So Ji Sub was 33, even then they had great chemistry.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest snowflakesj16
7 minutes ago, ChunSungIm said:

there something about her with professionalism with her co actors, i mean she paired with all good looking actors (woobin,sung joon,lee joon,youngkwang,lee min ki) and they have great chemistry and some romantic scenes. but she makes seems on the outside not so obvious, just a professional work. she posted all male actors that she worked with in her instagram.shes being kind and friendly around them. thats why she never any dating news with her co star actors eventhough there so many ship her with them

@snowflakesj16 its kinda long (52 eps) and somin had just a few screentime .

Yes it's kinda long, it was originally meant for 50 episodes but got extended for 2 more. A lot of Mi Young-Joong Hee (So Min and Lee Joon's character in the drama) were complaining about the few exposures when the drama was airing, but I actually didn't notice, cause at midpoint, I was already attached to almost every character and the story in its entirety. But if you only want to watch scenes with So Min, yeah can just skip the other parts. lol.

Yeah, So Min has always been that way. She may start off as awkward with her co-stars but almost always she ends up getting along with them, both male and female. I remember her maintaining contacts with her co-stars from Bad Guy- Kim Nam Gil, Oh Yeon Soo, etc. We've seen from the many BTS posted from her different projects that she's the kind of girl that has a playful side and not the usual demure-shy type of girl. I can only remember one scandal "dating" news and it was with Lee Jong Suk, though it seemed baseless. They worked together for an ad campaign. Other than that, there have been no other "scandals", and as a fan I prefer it to be that way. I think she values her private life more, so even if she's dating a fellow celebrity or not, we will never know. 

Guest snowflakesj16
21 minutes ago, anna0427 said:

any news as to what will be jsm's next project? 

hi @anna0427 from what has been decided until now, she'll be having a special appearance in the movie "Golden Slumber" starring Kang Dong Won and Han Hyo Joo, but it's scheduled for release next year. As to her own projects, nothing's been set yet, maybe she'll take time to rest cause she has been working straight from Daddy You, Daughter Me, then Father Is Strange and Because This Is Our First Life. 2017 has been a busy year for So Min. But I'm looking forward to seeing her in one of the year-end award shows (KBS). :)

1 hour ago, snowflakesj16 said:

Yes it's kinda long, it was originally meant for 50 episodes but got extended for 2 more. A lot of Mi Young-Joong Hee (So Min and Lee Joon's character in the drama) were complaining about the few exposures when the drama was airing, but I actually didn't notice, cause at midpoint, I was already attached to almost every character and the story in its entirety. But if you only want to watch scenes with So Min, yeah can just skip the other parts. lol.

Yeah, So Min has always been that way. She may start off as awkward with her co-stars but almost always she ends up getting along with them, both male and female. I remember her maintaining contacts with her co-stars from Bad Guy- Kim Nam Gil, Oh Yeon Soo, etc. We've seen from the many BTS posted from her different projects that she's the kind of girl that has a playful side and not the usual demure-shy type of girl. I can only remember one scandal "dating" news and it was with Lee Jong Suk, though it seemed baseless. They worked together for an ad campaign. Other than that, there have been no other "scandals", and as a fan I prefer it to be that way. I think she values her private life more, so even if she's dating a fellow celebrity or not, we will never know. 

i see that she is kinda shy in program called tvn candy in my ear,well she appear a little in that programe.also she kinda shy in knowing bros when she said want to hold her boyfriend hand if they are walking together (poor kim young chul,so min yell out loud when want to approach somin hand) but after all she is one of the kindness and nicest actress out there in entertaiment world.

i heard she is former sm entertaiment subordinate agency sm & cc ,so maybe she well known a sm idol (girls generation,exo,red velvet or sm actress like lee yeon hee,go ara). ive seen her article about in sm town halloween party with go ara.

13 hours ago, ChunSungIm said:

there something about her with professionalism with her co actors, i mean she paired with all good looking actors (woobin,sung joon,lee joon,youngkwang,lee min ki) and they have great chemistry and some romantic scenes. but she makes seems on the outside not so obvious, just a professional work. she posted all male actors that she worked with in her instagram.shes being kind and friendly around them. thats why she never any dating news with her co star actors eventhough there so many ship her with them

@snowflakesj16 its kinda long (52 eps) and somin had just a few screentime .

I totally agree with you.  That's the reason why I adore her.  She's kind and friendly with her co-stars.  I was impressed when she treated LMK the same way she treated her past co-actors considering the scandal that LMK went through.  I didn't see any bts or heard any news that she's acting indifferently toward him during their shooting days.  I guess that's the reason why LMK gave her a long hug during their last shooting. Maybe he's so thankful to her  for making him feel comfortable while shooting and somehow regain his confidence in his comeback drama.  

13 hours ago, snowflakesj16 said:

Hi @b4l01 yeah. I was hesitant to watch it at first cause a 50-episode drama was too long for me. I started watching  when it was already airing at around Episode 22 , what got me was the scene where Actor Ahn gave the girls a free makeover and was lovestruck at the sight of the dressed up Mi Young. I liked her chemistry with Lee Joon as well, almost led me to shipping too. But then I shipped her with Kim Hyun Joong, and I didn't quite liked the idea of shipping her with him when negative news about him broke after. Still, I think she's got great chemistry with Lee Joon, but then again, as you said, she has always had great chemistry with her leading men, may they be younger or older than her. I remember her CF video with So Ji Sub when she was just about 21 years old, and So Ji Sub was 33, even then they had great chemistry.

Hahah!  In my case, I dared to watch it since the beginning.  It felt like then that I was punishing myself for watching a long series in which the genre is not even my type.  And the irony is that JSM's screen time is short and sometimes you barely see  her.  But somehow, I came to love that drama too as well as the other characters. I agree, she's got great chemistry with Lee Joon and in my opinion their physical appearance matched well especially the height. It's just frustrating that some of LJ's fans were bashing JSM and treating her not good enough for him for they're not of the same league.  And the saddest part is that when the series was about to end,  I noticed that LJ was distancing  himself from her whereas during the filming they were very closed.  

I shipped her as well with KHJ because I liked him in BOF than LMH. But now, it's just history.  LOL  I was actually thankful that she and KHJ didn't become a real couple after his scandal broke-out.

And yes, that CF, I really really love it not only because of her but also the song Take on Me and it was sung by Seo In Guk.   And her chemistry with So Ji Sub was on point that I wanted her to be pair with him in a drama right after it came out.  But sadly, it didn't materialize.  But who knows, maybe in the future. LOL   Speaking of older actors, I like her chemistry too with Kang Ji Hwan.    

Guest snowflakesj16

@ChunSungIm I'm not familiar with Candy In My Ear, though I saw So Min's video in Youtube but haven't watched in entirety cause there were no subs. Aren't the episodes scripted?

@b4l01 I heard of that incident (with some Lee Joon fans) but personally didn't encounter such. I thought it was all good towards the end since Jung So Min and Lee Joon fans sent a coffee/food truck together on the set of the drama? 

Yes, I'm thankful they didn't become a couple, and that's basically why I try avoiding shipping her with her co-stars cause we never know what's happening offscreen and in their private lives. It's tiring. lol

Ah yes! Good chemistry with Kang Ji Hwan as well! :)

I'm new JSM fan, and have't had time to watch FIS .. I love BTIMFL, really good drama, almost perfecy. I ship JSM with LMK, but not hard. Maybe if she play drama again, i will ship her with next co star. hahahaa ... But actually i don"t want her going out. because that would interfere with her career. Of course has a relationship with someone very human. But I wish she'd gotten hold of her, doing it quietly. let me who always feel curious, I'm ready to bear the pain. In the end, I hope, although we are different ship, i hope we all compact to support her.

Interview with Jung So-min (Marie Claire 2017)

You’re back in a new role much sooner than expected.
I was planning on resting a little after <Father Is Strange>. Since this is the second consecutive production I’ve done in the last six months, I figured people would be tired of me and, of course, I was really worn out too. Usually, I would have rested but there was nothing usual about <Because This Is My First Life>. It’s the first time I’ve found a project interesting just from reading the synopsis.

Do you find the character appealing?
In the past, I used to weigh the character that I was playing much more heavily, but now I look at the entirety of the project. The wittiness of the script was appealing to me, but not just for Yoon Ji-ho’s character; her friends were interesting and lovable too. I was excited to see how these fascinating characters were connected and watch the story unfold. The interesting thing is, there are quite a lot of similarities between me and my character. Ji-ho makes unpredictable choices all the time. She didn’t listen to her father who wanted her to study education and instead enrolled in Korean Studies. I did the same thing. My father thought I was going to major in dance, but I had secretly applied for the acting department. My character’s friends in the drama are similar to my friends in real life, too. I’m also part of a trio with two of my childhood friends from high school, just like Ji-ho. My parents raised me in Jinju, and the drama is set in Jinju too. There are lots of little similarities like that. It’s like the the writer had written the part based on my life.

Where do you think the courage to make unexpected choices comes from?
I’m the type of person who can act decisively if I’m confident that my choice will make me more happy. I choose what will make me more joyful. In order for that to happen, I have to have a definitive criteria for that choice. In my early- and mid-twenties, I was anxious. I wavered a lot during that time, but since then, I’ve come to establish my own values to live by. Obviously, I’m not done coming up with all of them but now I have more leeway, and when I’m at the crossroads of some choice, I’ve learned not to waver. In the past, I placed a significant amount of importance on my career as an actor. But now I think my life is what is most important and my confidence is what shouldn’t be shaken. Because only if I exist does the actor Jung So-min exist as well.

It must be easier to play a character who is similar to yourself.
There are a lot of small similarities, but strangely, it makes acting harder. When it’s someone else I can explain things objectively. But, when it comes to myself on the other hand, I don’t quite know what kind of person I am. Usually, I act by grasping the shape of the character, but this time I don’t know what that shape is. What kind of person am I? I’m just me. It makes me feel vulnerable and exposed.

Your chemistry with your co-star in Father Is Strange was really good. You must feel some pressure to have been paired with another actor before we’ve forgotten that chemistry.
It bothers me more than it should. Even though it’s just acting, it kind of feels like cheating? (Laughter) But I have confidence in myself too. In the beginning and middle of the drama, Lee Min-ki and I will be showing you a “subtly awkward” chemistry. It’s not that they’re not attracted to one another, but there’s something awkward about their relationship. Above all, Lee Min-ki has shown me a lot of care and consideration as a more senior actor.

How had you originally planned on spending your time after wrapping up your previous drama?
For the past 2-3 years, I’ve worked without taking a break. In the past, when I had free time, I would learn something. I liked learning and experiencing new things. But now, if I have a month or two off, I just rest. I feel frustrated if I have to go out somewhere during that short period of time. I think it’s because I’ve been working too hard. Now, when it’s my time off, I just want to rest thoroughly. If I had a long vacation right now, I’d travel. I’d originally promised to take a trip with my mother, but I’ve broken that promise twice now. I’d made plans to travel to Europe with my mom after finishing up Father Is Strange, but Mom ended up going alone.

Because This Is My First Life is a story about the worries of this generation’s youth. Are your worries similar to Ji-ho’s?
Some of them are similar. The reason you worry, ultimately, is because of the future. Even though she graduated from Seoul National University, Jiho has been financially struggling as an assistant writer for 10 years. She’s so busy trying to survive today that she has no time to plan for tomorrow. Not being able to plan for the future is the part that’s similar to me. Even though it’s not exactly a worry, there are a lot of things that I can empathize with. For example, the unfair things you experience during your work life. The reason Jiho is a good person is that even in that situation, though she is flexible in other aspects of her life, when something goes against her beliefs, she always calls it out. Like, ‘I won’t go this far.’

With this a new upcoming show, you must feel some pressure to show off a new self?
More than that, I want to learn something from the character I play. Because that character isn’t me, I’ll learn something for sure. Acting is like learning how to be someone that isn’t you. I want to make an effort to learn the characteristics that I don’t have but that I want to emulate. Having acted now for almost 10 years, the good parts of many characters have stayed with me. I think the way I look at the world has changed for the better too.

What do you look forward to learning from Ji-ho?
The thing I want to emulate the most is Ji-ho’s ‘clarity.’ If she feels she’s been wrongfully hurt by someone, she doesn’t keep quiet, she brings it up then and there. She doesn’t let it build up or swallow it down. It’s not that she thinks she’s special, or that she’s trying to look cool. It’s only been about ten days since we started filming, but I hope as this production continues, I’ll master that part of Ji-ho.

cr: https://shiningkorean.com/2017/11/27/interview-with-lee-min-ki-and-jung-so-min-marie-claire-2017/#comment-1309

Guest snowflakesj16
3 hours ago, dasminharis said:

I'm new JSM fan, and have't had time to watch FIS .. I love BTIMFL, really good drama, almost perfecy. I ship JSM with LMK, but not hard. Maybe if she play drama again, i will ship her with next co star. hahahaa ... But actually i don"t want her going out. because that would interfere with her career. Of course has a relationship with someone very human. But I wish she'd gotten hold of her, doing it quietly. let me who always feel curious, I'm ready to bear the pain. In the end, I hope, although we are different ship, i hope we all compact to support her.

hi @dasminharis haha.. I can't blame you, she has always had  great chemistry with her leading men. Of course, no matter who we support her with, at the end of the day, what matters is our support for her. :)

@ChunSungIm she was indeed funny in that Knowing Bros guesting. She seemed to get along well with the cast and not feel intimated by their jokes. I also like watching her on variety shows like Happy Together, I love when she talks with depth, especially about her family. I'm not sure  if the Life Bar guesting has been subbed already, but looks like it was a fun episode with her friend Lee Mi Do.

@daisyven Thank you for posting the portion of JSM's Marie Claire interview. I always enjoy reading her interviews cause there's so much depth and sincerity. From this one, I especially like these lines -" In the past, I placed a significant amount of importance on my career as an actor. But now I think my life is what is most important and my confidence is what shouldn’t be shaken. Because only if I exist does the actor Jung So-min exist as well." It speaks about her growth as a person, being able to gain that perspective in life.

I'm so happy that she's gaining more fans from her latest projects. She sure does have many international fans, but I especially like the fact that we get to talk about her here at soompi.

she is in jeju for reward trip now,i read actually she want to take a break after father is strange and have a trip with her mom.but because she got good project/script in because its first time so i assumed after this maybe she is hiatus for a while.

The Hottest Korean Celebs Loved By International Fans In November 2017

Lee Min Ho, Jung So Min, and BTS Suga

For November 2017, we see a surprising new face on “Viki Top Celeb,” a monthly list of top celebrities followed and visited by K-drama viewers on the Rakuten Viki site.

BTS member Suga is the Rising Star for November, despite it already being two months since the release of the group’s “Love Yourself: Her” album comeback show on the site.

Fellow member V (Kim Taehyung) also makes a return to the list, after his absence in October.

Long-time top Hallyu celebs like Lee Min Ho continues to rank high on the list, placing second. Fellow “Heirs” co-star Park Shin Hye joins him in the ranking.

Jung So Min continues to stay on the list from last month, enjoying her popularity from the surprise hit of the season “Because This Is My First Life.”

You can bring your favorite star to the top by visiting viki.com (or downloading the app) and going to their page and following and/or commenting! Explore more on viki.com/celebrities, and watch the full Viki Top Celeb video below!

Guest snowflakesj16

@ChunSungIm I actually think she has gotten way too thin. I missed her chubby face back then in Bad Guy and Playful Kiss. But she mentioned in one TV guesting that it bothered her to see her "wide" face on screen. 

@b4l01 wow, she managed to stay in the top 10. way to go So Min! :)

I'm a new fan! First saw her in BTIMFL and I'm really impressed in her performance. I specially love her in comedy, girl can be anything but her comedy is just :lol: I died laughing at her antics in The Sound of Your Heart. I usually give actors 3-best-performance of at least I need to see them in 3 different performances and BTIMFL-FIS-DDAY sealed it for me :D Looking forward to her next projects though I have a feeling that she will be in hiatus for a while because she's been working so hard in past months.

P.S. I also love that she's a smart girl! And an excellent dancer!

Archived