少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

Guest greatgrey

It looks like I have to get used to people calling Yuri Lily... Instead of Yul... Taeyeon Tae instead of Taeng, and Sooyoung Soo instead of Syong.

Thanks for translating!

PS: Hyung?

Guest cantthinkofaname

They aren't any different to their ones in Korea but here are their profiles in english.

Yuna (YoonA)

Date of Birth - May 30, 1990

Specialty and Hobbies - Watching movies, acting, dancing

Soo (SooYoung)

Date of Birth - February 10, 1990

Specialty and Hobbies - Watching movies, listening to music, Japanese dance, acting

Lily (YuRi)

Date of Birth - December 5, 1989

Specialty and Hobbies - Reading, dancing, acting, swimming, sports

Hyung (SeoHyun)

Date of Birth - 28 June 1991

Specialty and Hobbies - Listening to music, playing piano, singing, Chinese

Jessica (Jessica)

Date of Birth - April 18, 1989

Specialty and Hobbies - Watching movies, shopping, listening to music, singing, English, piano

Tae (TaeYeon)

Date of Birth - March 9, 1989

Specialty and Hobbies - Watching movies, listening to music, singing

Sunny (Sunny)

Date of Birth - May 15, 1989

Specialty and Hobbies - Sports, listening to music, shopping

Hyo-yeon (HyoYeon)

Date of Birth - September 22, 1989

Specialty and Hobbies -Movies, shopping, dancing, Chinese

Tiffany (Tiffany)

Date of Birth - August 1, 1989

Specialty -and Hobbies - Watching movies, listening to music, English, playing the flute, singing.

i'm really not surprised that they decided to change some of the girls names for japan promotions, since they did kind of change it for dbsk

it's pretty much expected of SM lol, i don't have any problem with most of them...except for seohyun's change of name...

is it really going to be "hyung" like honestly? LOL it just made me LOLed when i read her japanese name, wow how epic

Hyung?or Hyun??Hyung sounds like a male calling his brother...

What does yuri means in Japanese???

EDIT: They still have their original names...

LMAO i just notice they change Seobaby and Yuri's name

why they have to change their name gah

yuri is common name in japan i dont see why it need to be change and change it to lily just no no @_@ it's not really good term in japanese i mean the meaning lol XD well from what i read hmmmm idk but just no no XD

seohyun why "Hyung"?!!??! Brother??? LOL XD

Likely to be on December 2010 but they said that they need to confirm if the girls and the concert hall is available. So that I can say is not 100% from now and we have to wait for confirmation and more information which they said that we have to wait for 2-3 weeks from now until everything is clear.

oh shoot another 2-3 weeks? T___T

i need to re-schedule my flight =/

i have to chance it soon aigooo @_@

hope they announce it soon

3rd thread!!! already 6 pages that's so fast > < congratzzz~~

will spam with some soka love <3 .. they need to give nick more screentime.. - -

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8482/61196935.jpg

71596572.gif

67926810.jpg

81787046.gif

49853377.gif

20323890.gif

41824143.jpg

92807697.gif

69778927.jpg

c: as tagged

LOVE YOONCOLE moment

i remember nicole said she wanted to get close with yoona on SGB hahaha

Guest ♥♥PowerOf9

Hyung?or Hyun??Hyung sound like a male calling his brother...

What does yuri means in Japanese???

Read about it here http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yuri

because i'd rather not explain it lol

Anyway.. why don't they just call Seohyun, Hyun instead of Hyung? I mean calling her Hyung seems wrong.

But instead of calling Yuri, they should change into a similar name like Yuki but i guess lily is fine haha

Gift for the troll.. Yoona will appear in your dream~~

9kct28.jpg

Guest redsol

Sorry should have made it more clear, that's just how their names translate so the name changes wont happen. Seohyun being called Hyung is just weird. I'm sure all their names are the same.

Guest cloudsaerif

Sosiz Schedule:

18 (금) [공연] AM 10:30 MBC 상암 신사옥 착공식 (서울 상암동 DMC 디지털 미디어 센터)

SNSD will have a performance this June 18 at Sangam Digital Media Center, Seoul, KR at 10:30 AM KST

Guest BoA-SNSD-Jjang

i think its just how u translate into english, because i see their japanese name romanization, its the same

yea that is yuri real meaning ><

Guest evilgary

haha the picture of yoona above is really nice. that was a picture of her when she had her hair cut short. But still i still prefer her with her long hair. lol yuri name being change to lily is rather weird

Yuri doesnt always have to mean like that LOL XD it's common name actually....if you watch J-dorama some character named like that hahaha even some boys named yuri @_@ rofl but yeah i think the japanese slang (is it?) it means THAT XD

but change it to lily just a big no no, rather keep it yuri, because lily like emphasize the slang mean of yuri hahahaha

well that's what my japanese friend once told me bout it >.<

but really UMJ!!!! seohyun = hyung ROFLMAO

Lesbian* in Japanese??

only in the sense of "manga" language (which took a life in the real-world years back), but Yuri is a common name in Japan for a girl even during the shogunate years of Japan.

Yuri also means the flower Lily so of course most of the females that are named Yuri by their parents took it for the meaning of that flower

Guest anD_ng

LOL I think all the new names are ok.

actually if you only give the spelling "yuri", there are some different possible ways of writing. And one of them is the lily flower, which makes her name become more beautiful <3

I am just wondering what "hyung" means in Japanese ROFL, but I believe it's definitely not "older brother" =.=

I love the "Yuna" one ^^

Guest wilsone9

only in the sense of "manga" language (which took a life in the real-world years back), but Yuri is a common name in Japan for a girl even during the shogunate years of Japan.

Yuri also means the flower Lily so of course most of the females that are named Yuri by their parents took it for the meaning of that flower

Oh.. Sorry blush.gif

I dont read manga :lol:

Guest timpa

I'm pretty sure that those names were translated from Korean into Japanese and then back into English because there's almost no chance Yuri is going to be called 'Lily' in Japan. Yuri is the Japanese word for lily.

Yuri already has a name that is Japanese and it's difficult for the Japanese to pronounce an l (which exists in Korea, but is even more pronounced with Japanese speakers IMO). So if for some crazy reason they wanted to call her Lily it would sound more like "riry"

vlcsnap301115xn8.jpg

Where is that picture from? never seen it before...

3rd thread already! the girls have come a long way~~

I didn't even notice the names change lol Hyung?>< I was surprised at Jessica's piano mention though.

Btw, is it just me that can't seem to view page 2? ._.

Guest ryuusenka55

Hello newish here, first off Congrats to 3rd thread, thats a very big achievement, and thanks for all of the previous stuff shared im looking forward to all the great stuff thread 3 and SNSD has to offer XD

Guest herojaejoong:)

I would just like to correct something here.

THE GIRLS DID NOT DO ANY CHANGES WITH THEIR NAMES.

Its still the same, the one who translated it was mistaken.

Just clearing it up. Yuri's name is still Yuri. So as to Taeyeon, Seohyun, Sooyoung. So dont be confused.

If there were any changes it would only be the romanji of the girls name.

YuNa Teyon SoYun SuYon HyoYon Tiffany SaNi Jeshika Yuri. But nonetheless, they will be pronounced pretty much same. Just like DBSK's individual names. JeJun = Jaejoong Yuchun = Yoochun etc etc

Guest meloncchii

Congrats on the 3rd thread and news of expansion to Japan~

I'm excited for the Japan debut but... I think it's being pumped up too much.

People seem to think they'll succeed right off the bat, but it'll take time.

The girls need to get used to the language and learn the language first and then they have to work their way up.

And IF they do work their way up, they have a lot of competition. I mean, AKB's latest single sold 513,453 in just its first week.

... sorry if I put a damper on anyone's parade. Maybe I'm just looking at things in a pessimistic light.

And concerning Yul's name... there really isn't a problem. Yuri is actually a pretty common name for both boys and girls.

For example, you have Chinen Yuri from HSJ and Ebihara Yuri a model.