少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

[05.16.11] Netizens Charmed By Tiffany's Matured Beauty

wSFzNl.jpg

Girls' Generation's Tiffany is becoming a hot topic among netizens for her "Japan 1st Album" pictures.

On May 16th, SM Entertainment Japan officially released details on their 1st Japanese album that will be released June 1st. Pictures of their album covers as well as individual shots were released beforehand, drawing attention from fans. Dressed in white outfits and with soft makeup, their looks emphasized on their femininity and gentle sides.

Many fans are excited about Tiffany's new look which showcases a different side of her. Her maturity radiating from the picture as compared to her more active and cheerful image is being well-received by both fans and the public alike. Instead of a cute appearance, her softer aura is appealing to many as well.

Netizens left comments like, "Tiffany is becoming more and more mature", "She looks similar to Jessica" and "She's a goddess."

Which member do you think looks most different?

Sources: kyeongin

Written by: shizzles9@soshified.com

Tiffany - Rehearsal

1425464a4dd0c8cb0c0fc8.jpg

1925464a4dd0c8ce0e20db.th.jpg1725464a4dd0c8cd0dde23.th.jpg1425464a4dd0c8cb0c0fc8.th.jpg1325464a4dd0c8c7098443.th.jpg1225464a4dd0c8ca0b2c6a.th.jpg1225464a4dd0c8c80ae3f8.th.jpg1125464a4dd0c8c6087dbf.th.jpg

cr; as tagged

SNSD - Gee

18280f334dcfd4550f2172.jpg

141f4d334dcfd43136a591.jpg

111d91334dcfd45137f441.th.jpg131e7c334dcfd44b36f711.th.jpg141f4d334dcfd43136a591.th.jpg1222df334dcfd4382977ce.th.jpg1925e6334dcfd42f16855b.th.jpg1921ff334dcfd45c2f47c8.th.jpg18280f334dcfd4550f2172.th.jpg1825e6334dcfd448173ed7.th.jpg1527dd334dcfd43a11bec9.th.jpg14241e334dcfd43c19e4ab.th.jpg20241c334dcfd4461c7c3d.th.jpg2027e8334dcfd4431079c1.th.jpg152322334dcfd457283650.th.jpg132401334dcfd436213c5c.th.jpg1921ec334dcfd4632ec502.th.jpg1823cd334dcfd4252167b6.th.jpg1321b7334dcfd42d2a106b.th.jpg13217d334dcfd4603077f6.th.jpg20246c334dcfd44d1da106.th.jpg112290334dcfd4412a987c.th.jpg192855334dcfd45e0cf629.th.jpg182322334dcfd4332722b5.th.jpg172315334dcfd45a28e51c.th.jpg142417334dcfd43e200824.th.jpg112816334dcfd453111c10.th.jpg

cr; sosirang

Guest -quiescent

^ I agree, Fany looks gorgeous!! >.< I'm so excited! Excited for the album, Jessica's new OST AND Yoona appearing on SHINee's Japanese remake of Replay PV! Oh and Yoona's birthday soon!!

I'M SO HAPPPPPPY~~

tumblr_ll2tymdbmC1qcy4dfo1_500.gif

Guest gmas

Anyone know if the limited pressing version comes in the box form or just a CD+DVD? All of the site only show the picture of the box in their deluxe version.

>.< Ordered limited pressing but I want the box form......if it's not in box I'll have to order again for deluxe :(

Anyone know if the limited pressing version comes in the box form or just a CD+DVD? All of the site only show the picture of the box in their deluxe version.

>.< Ordered limited pressing but I want the box form......if it's not in box I'll have to order again for deluxe :(

Only deluxe 1st press contain the box and the mini bag

Guest kayana20

I cannot they all our so silly I love it. And I absolutely have no idea what to do about the japanse cd. If i wait it will sell out or be broke for a week? Need advice. I know it will be worth it but why Sm why? I can tell you are doing this for an allkill and more money but why couldn't it have been one big set? Nah you have to milk all the money from us Sones. The poster is so not fair either because we all should get one if spending that much anyways in Deluxe. I am not going to be mad though I just need to cut back on all the items I get because I guess you will be rereleasing everything from now on. I guess I will be cutting out buying from Spao so much because of this. Well those gorgeous, mature, and just stunning pictures will be worth it to hold onto. Also the Yuri issue we can worry and she hears us le's just keep her in our prayers and just know will work out. Also lastly please pm me where I can buy Sica single or let me know if any new songs are on itunes. I love supporting the girls. As judging by the 35 packages I have been getting the last few months. Now I am Sone proud so let's cheer the girls on and support them on this rollercoaster ride as always. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Guest LaBrosse

Looks like I'll have to be content with the limited edition. =\ B-bye, deluxe edition in a box. *sigh* Anyone else in the same boat as I am?

Question!

I want to receive answers from those who actually know the world of JPOP, and not just some random fan.

Is it true that SNSD isn't really that popular in japan and they're just hyped up by the media?

EDIT:

Ok, so who gave me a negative point? THis is a sincere question, and I'm looking for answers based on facts and not opinions.

I've been hearing lots of sad things about our girls that's why I'm asking.

Guest kimchikisses

Question!

I want to receive answers from those who actually know the world of JPOP, and not just some random fan.

Is it true that SNSD isn't really that popular in japan and they're just hyped up by the media?

EDIT:

Ok, so who gave me a negative point? THis is a sincere question, and I'm looking for answers based on facts and not opinions.

I really think they're doing well in Japan. They're doing well that they were even featured in the 9pm news in Japan. The girls said so themselves that even they can feel their popularity. Watch Night Star with SNSD, they told experiences they had with the Japanese audience. Also, if they weren't that popular, they really shouldn't have planned a big Japan tour commencing on the 31.

Guest cantthinkofaname

SNSD [Girls' Generation] is currently #1, #2 on Rakuten Overall Sales Chart. Note: it's the biggest online shopping mall in JPN

SNSD [Girls' Generation] #1, #2, #3 on CD JPN Daily Chart & #1, #2 on HMV JPN Daily Chart

The deluxe edition for SNSD [Girls' Generation] on Tower Records JPN has been sold out since yesterday

cr; yoongislove

SNSD are also no.1 on AmazonJapan.

Guest HyperionZ

Question!

EDIT:

I don't know who or where you are getting your info from, but Oricon & Billboard Charts, and Rekochoku charts say they have been doing quite well in Japan. Its not like they are barely making the top 10 in singles or weekly charts. What have your sources been saying about their popularity in Japan?

Guest zane87

Question!

EDIT:

If SNSD who has held 3 debut showcases with 22k attendees, and every single releases of them in Japan has been certified "Gold", all these were jus hyped up by the media, then I can safely say every other kpop groups in Japan r the same.

Of course they're not no.1 popular kpop group in Japan but their popularity is good enough for their current state. And this is wat the "hardworking" for, they will keep working hard to achieve better in the coming future. Wat good will do to a group if everything comes without much effort.

I know alot of fans r bothered by some negative comments toward the girls, but this isn't the 1st day of it. And remember wat the fans truly wish for, isn't SNSD to be no.1 in everything, but they'll keep on going with the same 9 members, until the day they're fading out of entertainment world.

Guest Lishathestain

Question!

EDIT:

they're doing pretty well as a kpop group who only started seriously venturing in the jpop business quite recently. charts & sales don't lie.

though it's safe to say i've seen some fans who act like the girls are queens already in japan or what not.. and this ofc would offend other fans whose groups actually sell more than snsd but don't get as much hype. so perhaps that's where you get the negative comments from.

cr; yoongislove

SNSD are also no.1 on AmazonJapan.

I don't know who or where you are getting your info from, but Oricon & Billboard Charts, and Rekochoku charts say they have been doing quite well in Japan. Its not like they are barely making the top 10 in singles or weekly charts. What have your sources been saying about their popularity in Japan?

If SNSD who has held 3 debut showcases with 22k attendees, and every single releases of them in Japan has been certified "Gold", all these were jus hyped up by the media, then I can safely say every other kpop groups in Japan r the same.

they're doing pretty well as a kpop group who only started seriously venturing in the jpop business quite recently. charts & sales don't lie.

Everyone, thank for answering sincerely. I do see that they're topping charts, but when people comment that their not selling enough blah blah blah and that they don't appear in top magazines, I guess it makes me a little sad.

I guess I rely way too much on people's comments....

Guest My Sweet September

Guys is it possible the CDJapan is giving extra goodies with the deluxe edition? I just want to make sure, because deluxe @HMV is 89 USD but at CDJAPAN it is 133 USD...?

If they both have the exact same content...of course I will go with HMV...but why would CDJAPAN be soooo much higher?

Guest zane87

^

I think it's mayb CDJ's price oredy including shipping? and they ship the fastest from wat I heard... don't quote me though....

Regarding the question of popularity, there're a lot of way to indicate that. At the very least, cos SNSD venture into Japan as a singing idol group, so there's no better way to measure their popularity other than album sales, and it's a more concrete way. Appearing on popular magazines or other tabloids is an additional feat.

Besides, SNSD DID APPEARED on popular mag. Remember Nikkei? If I remember correctly it's widely popular business spread, we can count that right?

http://soshified.com/forums/gallery/album/41322/1785-nikkei-september-2010/

Nonetheless, the girls r going steadily and stable, heading towards a higher place each time.

Guest anne_jaybo

Everyone, thank for answering sincerely. I do see that they're topping charts, but when people comment that their not selling enough blah blah blah and that they don't appear in top magazines, I guess it makes me a little sad.

I guess I rely way too much on people's comments....

You shouldn't take those people comments to heart. SNSD sold more than 100k for every album/singles/DVD they have released without actually having too many fan meets, or appear in TV shows too much. They barely can speak Japanese (seriously though this is one area that they need to improve really badly in) so actually with how they're doing so far i am not complaining. They need to break down that language barrier first before they can fully charm the Japanese.

Apart from their stable and improving sales, they have landed a commercial deal in Japan and they're stable in Recochoku. I also haven't met a Sone in most official thread forums (don't count Youtube/a specific news site cause those places are filled with trolls) that actually said SNSD is no.1 in Japan because many Sones realize that they're not the best there. But they're definitely not over hyped/not popular either because so far they have done many to prove that statement wrong.

Just take those comments lightly next time cause in the end those are just opinions and not facts.

edit: So the album is already no.1 on HMV weekly. The deluxe version is no.1 and the limited edition is at no.3.

Guest cantthinkofaname

Shoujo Jidai’s first album topped Japan music stores’ pre-order charts

newalbum.png

SNSD’s first studio album ‘Girls’ Generation’ which will be officially released on June 1st topped Japan music sites’ pre-order list upon the announcement on May 16th.

In just 8 months after their Japanese debut in September last year, SNSD will be releasing their first Japanese album which includes their previous hit songs such as ‘Genie’, ‘Gee’ and ‘Mr.Taxi’. Once the pre-order was opened on Amazon Japan, the Deluxe Edition sold like hot cakes and rose to no.1 on the pre-order chart while the Limited Edition was ranked 5th.

2011051801001471800123541.jpg

Meanwhile, all 3 editions of SNSD’s ‘Girls’ Generation’ grabbed the top 3 spots of the pre-order chart on CD Japan. On HMV Japan, the Deluxe Edition was ranked 1st while the Limited Edition came in 2nd.

cdjapan.png

299583230.png

Credit: sportschosun.com/Yoongislove@Twitter

cr; fanwonder

1878f3414dd202870e8b6e.jpg

cr; kwangdongpharm@twitter

--

[05.17.11] Girls' Generation Voted as the Group with the Most Family-Like Atmosphere

KXDu1.jpg

Recently, music portal site Bugs! conducted a survey which revolved around the question: "Which idol group has the most family-like atmosphere?". The survey started on the 10th and ended yesterday, on the 16th. 5804 people participated in the survey, and half of them (2846 people) voted Girls' Generation as the most suitable group for that category.

Netizens agreed with the results, commenting "Don't all idol groups seem like family these days?", "Girls' Generation definitely comes to mind when referring to family, and I'm not just saying this because I'm a fan", "They must've felt lonely because of the Japanese promotions, but they are relying on each other."

Following Girls' Generation was Big Bang (43%, 2445 people), CN Blue (5%, 260 people), 2PM (3%, 127 people), and T-ara (2%, 82 people).

Source: TVDaily

Written by: spiceshoe@soshified.com

Contributors: 오이사랑싴@soshified.com, taengbear@soshified.com

SOSHIBOND is real. <3

Guest shinhdeplol

Hyoyeon and Taeyeon are so cute here :wub:

ASLo8.gif

^ Taeyeon kicked Hyoyeon's butt :lol:

81582343.jpg

C: 러쉬☆ @ bestiz