Lovely Rivals 여선생 vs 여제자 (2004)

Starring: Yeom Jeong-Ah, Lee Se-Young, Lee Ji-Hoon

Director: Jang Gyu-Seong

Genre: Comedy, School

Runtime: 109mins

Production: Fun & Happiness

Distribution: CJ Entertainment

Language: Korean

A female teacher's crush on a male colleague turns out to pose a serious challenge when a 12-year old student insinuates herself between the two adults and makes their would-be love connection a complete nightmare.

It's a battle for love between bitter rivals: a primary school teacher...and her twelve year-old student? From Jang Kyu Sung, director of the hit comedy My Teacher, Mr. Kim, comes Lovely Rivals, a hilarious and bittersweet comedy about an unlikely love triangle. Yeom Jung Ah (A Tale of Two Sisters, and winner of the 2004 Best Supporting Actress Award at the Dae-Jong Film Festival) is Yoe Mi-Ok, a lazy elementary school teacher who longs for a bigger and better teaching job. Thanks to her fiery and sometimes mean personality, Mi-Ok is unpopular with everyone in school. For herself, she couldn't care less – that is, until she meets the handsome new teacher (Lee Ji Hoon) and instantly falls in love!

Mi-Ok pretends to be kind and sweet to win his heart, but romantic competition arrives in a surprisingly pint-sized package: Ko Mi-Nam (Lee Se Young), one of Mi-Ok's students, and a romantic rival to be reckoned with! A recent transfer from another school, Mi-Nam is precocious both physically and mentally, and is determined to expose Mi-Ok's true personality for all to see! The two "women" engage in an escalating war, but beneath their battles there are lessons to be learned. Can Mi-Ok rediscover what it truly means to be a teacher?

lovelyrivalskebljh.jpg

lovelyrivals.jpg

lovelyrivalsljh.jpg

lovelyrivalsyja.jpg

SOURCE : 여선생 vs 여제자

여선생 vs 여제자

여선생 vs 여제자

여선생 vs 여제자

여선생 vs 여제자

여선생 vs 여제자

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest jade_empress

awww...i love this movie...hehe....but i felt that its a bit of random. i mean, first they were fighting over lee...then suddenly it's all about being a good teacher, etc...but it's ok...ehehe...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest minamijaa

Just finished watching the movie. Kinda like it. The female teacher is a bit unmatured, but she's definitely a great teacher. Overall, this is a nice movie..

• 1 year later...

Archived