marilyn manson

Guest EMA

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cyberfruit

^-- lol he looks like a wannabe hide

He was friends with hide was went "glam" in response to his death. The look is a tribute to him.

^ yeah i thought that was really interesting , too . i think it's something about trying to combine influential aspects of positive and negative pop and counter cultures , respectively , and that's what he feels he embodies ?

ahaha he does x] i just saw a little doco of him in japan actually (4-parts on youtube if anyone's interested) , and he seems to love the people there - maybe hide inspired him :P or not , but he does look very hide-esque

side note , apparently he was blamed for columbine ? does anyone know more about that ?

Again, it was for hide's death. They were good friends.

Yes, he was blamed because the kids had apparently listened to Marilyn Manson's music while plotting.

^ wow , i had no idea they were friends . how sweet

I think is very unique, my sis makes me like his music.

I like the songs he did in Queen of the damned.

He is cool..EMA why not flip this into a official thread??

ooh can i do that ? :o how does that happen ? xD

wow he did songs in queen of the damned ? i quite like that film , but i'd had no idea

wow i've been watching a bunch more about him , including his interview in "bowling for columbine" . i really admire the way he expresses himself , he's so clever .

Guest yumi-chan

I didn't know about him till he was mentioned in a Dir en Grey interview. Dir en Grey hates marilyn manson, so my view of him is 'o_o' aha!

--Yumi

Guest tasty

^ why does he hate marilyn manson just outta curiosity

i haven't watched bowling for columbine yet, but i wrote about it. that's how i found out about the whole blame thing. makes me more curious about him, also because i lovee a guy who has nice taste in music who thinks marilyn manson is great. makes me want to check his music out. sort of. i know more stuff about manson in the last few days than i did in the past yearsss thanks to this thread, haha. gotta admitt he's a pretty interesting dude

^ dir en grey doesn't like marilyn because people keep comparing them both , saying they're trying to be like him .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDSJeqdfptg...h=grey%20manson

^ dubbed interview w die and kaoru about him [the marilyn part is close to the beginning]

i don't recall whether it was a part of bowling for columbine or not [i think not ?] , but also on youtube there's a scene where protestors are trying to stop a metal festival where marilyn is performing . it's so ridiculous , but it made me laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDSJeqdfptg...h=grey%20manson

^ unfortunately some of his fans aren't as good at expressing themselves as marilyn is

there's a better one with a marilyn speech spliced with the that guy-in-a-blue-shirt's speech [i love that he used a lexus commercial for his example , rather than something more "average" - definitely shows where he's coming from -_-] , but i can't find it .

i'm such a linkpostinghoe .

Guest yumi-chan

^ why does he hate marilyn manson just outta curiosity

i haven't watched bowling for columbine yet, but i wrote about it. that's how i found out about the whole blame thing. makes me more curious about him, also because i lovee a guy who has nice taste in music who thinks marilyn manson is great. makes me want to check his music out. sort of. i know more stuff about manson in the last few days than i did in the past yearsss thanks to this thread, haha. gotta admitt he's a pretty interesting dude

Like EMA said, they just don't want to be compared to him. They are called goth, and they 'hate goths'. they want to be considered as a rock group, they even dislike Lolita fashion :lol::tears:

Marilyn Manson has cool makeup. But he seems scary without it. o_o;

--Yumi

Guest tasty

thanks for the link. i remember seeing that video before . . . i forgot how 'scary' the dir en grey dude is. marilyn manson isn't 'goth' though?

if he is . . . bleh, whatever

^ wow , i had no idea they were friends . how sweet

ooh can i do that ? :o how does that happen ? xD

wow he did songs in queen of the damned ? i quite like that film , but i'd had no idea

wow i've been watching a bunch more about him , including his interview in "bowling for columbine" . i really admire the way he expresses himself , he's so clever .

Just edit the topic title or just add his Bio and pix and stuff like that.

I'll help you if u want.

I forgot the names of the songs, I'll ask my sis.

I didn't know about him till he was mentioned in a Dir en Grey interview. Dir en Grey hates marilyn manson, so my view of him is 'o_o' aha!

--Yumi

But they are nothing alike, and why dislike Marilyn Manson for what others think??

Hmmmm now my view of Dir en Grey is just :crazy: I have no respect for them anymore.

Marilyn Manson is in his own category man.

I'm not even a hardcore fan or anything like that but I know enough.

And I didnt know he was friends with Hide :w00t: that is sooooo cool.

But I am officially anti Dir en grey>:(

because they dislike MM for a dumb reason.

Guest yumi-chan

^ o___o" Dir en Grey isn't bad at all. =[

I listened to a couple of MM songs, and he sounds a bit decent :lol: I just found out my brother had a MM tshirt, -__-; rofl. HAHA, one day, it'd be cool to sit next to him on a public bus.

--Yumi

Guest mayo

i too find him fascinating. hes truly different from other artists.. his makeup... now i think i can call that art.

Just edit the topic title or just add his Bio and pix and stuff like that.

I'll help you if u want.

I forgot the names of the songs, I'll ask my sis.

oh hurray , thanks xD

any help would be quite well appreciated , i'm not really sure what i should be doing :P i'll put a little bio or sth up and then see how it goes ^^

Guest lilyphilia.

i think he's cool! and his music is kinda unique so i like him although he's not really my favorite,, :P

Guest cyberfruit

Who is this DEG u speak of???

Rock on Marilyn Manson, I don't get why so many people dislike him though

because there are plenty of artists who talk about the same things he does, they are just not covered in make up.

Dir en grey is a well known Jrock band that is more popular in the States than in their home country of Japan. It would take me too long to write a profile because they've been around for close to 10 years (not counting La:Sadies).

Archived