how do i get rid of sunburnt skin?

Guest MISS__ENVIOUS

Guest MISS__ENVIOUS

HELP!
A few days ago i went to the beach and my whole face was sunburnt from not reapplying my sunscreen. And its about three days later(now) and my face is starting to peel... :tears: and trust me it is not a pretty sight. *sigh* so does anyone know anyways in which i can get rid of all this dead skin?

I've tried exfoliating (i exfoliated my face three times today with St. Ive's Apricot Scrub!), I've tried picking the skin off, and i've been constantly applying moisturizer on my face but nothing seems to be working!

ARGH! Please help!

Guest supermonkey

waaaaaaaaaaaa T__T dun pick off ur skin!!

you skin peels because it is dry...

i dun reocmmend exfoliating .. only bc ive tried exfoliating before as well and my skin burned so much...but of cos, it it workds for you.. den go for it.

i find keeping it mositurised with plently of cream.. washing your face with luke warm or cold water when you cleanse and keeping your skin out of the sun for long periods of time helps speed the healing process. You can also try face masked that mositurise (not the ones which remove a layer of skin when you take it off. )

Guest xxbooxx

Don't exfoliate..that makes ur skin worse.....

When my skin was peeling, I put cream/lotion to have moisture...it took a long time for my skin to grow back =(

Use Aloe Vera Gel. The soothing sensation will help the burnt areas of the skin.

I have Fruit Of The Earth's Aloe Vera Gel.

the skin is dead , it's not going to stick back on . exfoliating will just irritate it some more . you can peel it off , but that can hurt if you get a bit carried away like i did once , and you'll end up peeling off proper skin thinking it might be dead O_O;

just put aloe on . there's n'much else you can do .

Guest dafleur

you've damaged your skin and now it's trying to repair itself. leave it alone, perhaps using aloe like others have suggested to aleviate discomfort. next time hopefully, you'll remember to reapply frequently.

Guest swagarina

don't pick your skin off!! I heard it leaves scars or something..? I forget.. but it was really bad ! lol

I don't know anything that can heal it, but I always use cocoa butter like right after I'm out in the sun. It helps sooth it and turns it into a tan instead.

You're also supposed to leave it alone. Let it be exposed to air (don't use scrubs, moisturizers, etc that much) and don't go out in the sun anymore until it's gone!

Guest phylz

Whatever you do, please DON'T pick your skin or exfoliate - it will only irritate it more.

The only thing you can do now is try to stay out of the sun to prevent more damage and to use something soothing on your skin. When I say soothing, I mean nothing strong - no whitening masks, scrubs, heavy makeup or astringent etc. Wash your face with a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil and use a moisturizer with aloe vera. Your skin should heal in a few days.

Guest girl armageddon

ALOE VERA!

seriously. go to walmart and pick up;

either

-an aloe plant

or

-aloe vera after sun gel.

and apply it to your face.

Archived