[TVB 2010] The Mysteries of Love ♥ (談情說案)

Guest SooInSmile

Guest SooInSmile

Raymond Lam, Tavia Yeung, Kenneth Ma, Bernice Liu
can't believe no one created a section for this. It started airing this week. one ep a day on the weekdays. Total of 25 epi.

000001280259_1274067003.jpg

Title: 談情說案

Cantonese/Mandarin title: Tam Ching Shuet On

English title: The Mysteries of Love

Previously known as: Shall We State the Case

Genre: Mystery, Romance

Episodes: 25

Broadcast network: TVB

Broadcast period: 2010-Jun-28 - 2010-Jul-25

Air time: Monday to Friday 21:30 - 22:30

This is a love story between a professor and a policewoman. Their dating experience is enhanced with sense and sensibility through the application of interesting physics theories on the investigation of various crime cases.

KING POK (Raymond Lam) is regarded as the youngest genius in physics and he is appointed as an associate professor in a Hong Kong university. Invited by his good friend LO TIN-HANG (Kenneth Ma), Senior Inspector of Police at Regional Crime Unit, POK assists in cracking many mysterious crime cases and he also meets the policewoman CHUI SIU-LAI (Tavia Yeung) during the process. The rational POK evaluates that he has fallen in love with LAI because of a love hormone called “phenylalanine”. However, owing to the huge difference in their family background and life value, POK fails to tackle their ever-changing relationship problems with formulas.

On the other hand, the romantic and uninhibited HANG has been maintaining a sex only relationship with the journalist LING MAN-KA (Bernice Liu) HANG doesn’t believe in eternity and he is only looking for sensual pleasure in a woman. However, his belief is suddenly shattered when he learns that MAN is going to get married.

Credits to Astro On Demand

King Family

Raymond Lam as King Pok 景博 (Kingsley)

Lee Kwok Lun as King Yin 景然

Mary Hon as Chueng Wai-Chu 蔣慧珠

Candy Chiu as King Chi 景緻

Chui Family

Tavia Yeung as Chui Siu-Lai 徐小麗

Law Lok Lam as Chui Hon-Fei 徐漢飛

Fung So Bor as Leung Sau-Ngo 梁秀娥

Evergreen Mak as Chui Kwok-On 徐國安

Lawrence Ng as Chui Ka-Hei 徐家希

Alex Lam as Chui Kwok-Leung 徐國良

Ng Wai Shan as Tai Choi-Sheung 戴彩嫦

Others

Kenneth Ma as Lo Tin-Hang 盧天恆 (Gordon)

Bernice Liu as Ling Man-Ka 凌敏嘉

Lee Sing Cheung as Man Pak-Chu 文柏柱 (PC)

Jack Wu as Chim Chi-Ko 占子高

Lee Kai Kit as Fung Hok-Ban 馮學斌

Lisa S

Jessie Shum

Doris Chow

Bond Chan

Lam Shuk Man

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rainie_Days

I actually really enjoyed reading the synopsis. I just hope it's as good as it sounds? I don't usually watch tvb series anymore...either they become too complicated or the ending is not really wrapped up and becomes rather disappointing (in my opinion).

This is a good cast though so I'll probably give it a try.

Guest Justalilodreamer

I was about to make a thread for this 2 days ago but i got lazy...im glad somebody else did though :D

So far its very good, I usually don't care/pay attention to the romance in TVB series since im so familiar with the actors and actresses that it doesnt interest me anymore lol... but i have to admit Tavia and Raymond's characters make an interesting pair, they're completely opposite. When i heard the name Kingsley King i was like LMAOWTF. Tavia's character is just awesome, i like how she's actually a good cop and not just a ditz (shes kind of clumsy but not in an annoying way). I think Kenneth's sex scenes are kind of too much and too long for a tvb series, its kind of awkward to watch with an adult in the house haha

I enjoy watching the cases more than the romance, the scientific and psychological elements they use makes it very interesting.

Guest ANJEE<3

the synopsis wasn't all that captivating.. but RAYMOND LAM is!!!

i may just watch this for him =)

plus i like the other main chars too

Guest Smelly Tofu

I'm tired of TVB movies..I know they need to look pretty but seriously even cops and normal teenagers wear fake eyelashes now..even in wuxia movies...thus I will most likely pass on another raymond lam serie...

Guest heartdrops

I was waiting for someone to make this thread! hahas

FUNGYI<3. I'm so glad to finally see a new series with them.

As with the bed scene, I liked it LOLLLL. TVB really did kick it up a notch with the bed scenes. Yeah.. I guess it's a bit awkward when you're watching with your family, but I'm even more sick of those lame kiss scenes where their lips barely touch >.<

Average ratings is 31 for the first week. Hope it rises for week 2!

^

I was like LOL, nice one, right Gordon?

But I'm really falling in love with Kingsley. His physics talks may be a bit too much and scary sometimes, but apart from this he is a great gentleman and once fallen in love will love his girlfriend dearly. He's a big nerd, but knows how to make you happy still.

~ sigh ~ I want a Kingsley right now!

Guest SooInSmile

lol I was surprise at the ending of ep 7 also. Wow I hope it isn't true!

I really want to see Raymond and the team more together, so far I feel kind of empty on Raymond's end, but I know it will get more intense from the preview haha. The police buddies are my favorite right now! The family scenes are always awesome from TVB, the little boy that is Tavia's nephew is so cute!

Guest heartdrops

^

I was like LOL, nice one, right Gordon?

But I'm really falling in love with Kingsley. His physics talks may be a bit too much and scary sometimes, but apart from this he is a great gentleman and once fallen in love will love his girlfriend dearly. He's a big nerd, but knows how to make you happy still.

~ sigh ~ I want a Kingsley right now!

Where can we order a Kingsley?! hahahs :D

Wow, more Kenneth bed scenes in epi 7

I find it funny that everytime Kenneth has a bed scene, they always play that "gangster"/hip hop song lol.

Guest Millou

^^^ Lol, you guys would have to put up with his family though... =\ Such snobs...

The beginning of episode 8 is very funny, haha... it's better to eat a pork chop than a yin yang steak... :lol:

I agree with SooInSmile, I really enjoy watching the family scenes too

Guest lakatsumi

I can't wait to watch this series. Sounds interesting. Is there english sub for this series?

I'm watching this online atm; it's not showing where I'm living atm ~

My dad started watching it, and it looked really good xD

Raymond & Tavia!

Lmao, and yes, that gangster that plays everytime Kenneth has a bed scene.

I started watching ep 6 and then 7 after because i joined in watching with me dad ~

And at the end of ep 7 > that cracked me up so much XD

I didn't actually know his name in the show was Gordon ... [Gor gor ¬¬"]

Lol, I used the whole physics part as an excuse to get out of revising ~

Guest xblubear

some may not know but Raymond and Tavia are similar to their characters Kingsley King and Sai Lei Mui in real life

and for those that have difficulty understanding the physics terms in Chinese, Lee @simplyfungyi.com translated the explanation of the sound waves from the second episode

Sound travels 165 hertz (hertz means cycles per second). The actual speed of sound is about 330 meters per second, which means the wavelengths are two meters long. Actually, sound waves are like water waves. When a sound crest meet a sound trough, it might neutralize and the sound cancels out. Take this case for example. Every two meters, the length of the sound wave would compress at least once. Point L, which is the villager's home, is right in the middle of the two windows. When the sound crest was emitted, he was standing at the front door. The sound effects would strengthen and so he would've heard it. Uncle Ma's position, which is Point M, is 30 meters away fom the left window, which is 15 wavelengths away. But he is 40 meters away from the right window, and it requires 20 wavelengths to get there. The left wave crest meets the wave trough that was released from the right window and so it cancels out. That is why Uncle Ma didn't hear anything. As for 'Sam Por', which is Point T, the two wavelengths are compressing towards her. Because the effects multiply, she is the one who heard it the clearest.

this is slightly off topic, but has anyone else besides me watch the Japanese drama "Galileo" from which this series was based on?

Guest Justalilodreamer

this is slightly off topic, but has anyone else besides me watch the Japanese drama "Galileo" from which this series was based on?

Oh yeah i heard about this but i've never watched the jdrama. I might consider giving it a try later on since jdramas never disappoints.

How is it? (if anyone has seen it). Are there any resemblance between the two series?

lol I was surprise at the ending of ep 7 also. Wow I hope it isn't true!

I really want to see Raymond and the team more together, so far I feel kind of empty on Raymond's end, but I know it will get more intense from the preview haha. The police buddies are my favorite right now! The family scenes are always awesome from TVB, the little boy that is Tavia's nephew is so cute!

I remember that kid from Gong Sum Gai, he's definitely one of the better (if not, the best) TVB kid actors. I was totally impressed by how well he could remember all the difficult lines from GSG and delivered them naturally. He's adorable in here too :lol:

Guest xblubear

^I definitely recommend watching Galileo, the cases also deals with physics but are more complex than the ones in this series

I could say the most obvious resemblance besides between the two series is the dynamic between the three characters (meaning Professor King, Sai Lei Mui and Gordon), the superior detective (though only a minor charcter in the Japanese drama) and the female rookie detective seeks help from a physics professor in solving the "unexplainable" cases, but there is no romance between the professor and the rookie detective and neither is the superior detective a playboy

and from the cases shown thus far, Galileo deals with cases similar to the case of the ghosts from episodes 4 and 5

anyways back to TMOL, here are some previews for later episodes from AOD for those that don't mind spoilers

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTc3MDM2OTIw.html --> scroll to 1:56

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTc3NjQ1NjY0.html

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTc3NjQ0MjU2.html

Archived