[THE OFFICIAL] Super Junior (슈퍼주니어) Thread #4

i_AM

K-pop group Super Junior's concert causes stampede at Shanghai Expo, one death reported

1szifn.jpg

A Korean pop concert held yesterday at the Expo Culture Center caused something of a stampede - reports of how bad it got vary, from the Epoch Time's rumor that someone died to Shanghai Daily's blithe announcement that the streets were "blocked by fans."

If anything, this event was a warning about the power of K-pop: South Korea had planned a "classical and pop" concert that included insanely huge acts - Kangta, BoA and Super Junior, whose Shanghai shows sell out at 10,000+ seated stadiums each year they come. They're so insanely huge that it almost makes you wonder what organizers were thinking when they arranged that show.

To get in, all you supposedly had to do was get an Expo ticket and line up at the center, an act which, if you're a student, costs 90RMB. That's way less than the Super Junior 2009 show's ticket prices at Yuan Shen Sports Center, where the cheapest you could get in for was 480RMB. Unfortunately, there were only 5000 tickets available, and half of those had already been given to South Korean groups - a fact that eager Chinese K-pop fans hadn't been made aware of.

By midnight on Saturday, according to Lianhe Zaobao, there were already 2000 people waiting outside the Expo's Pudong door. Night watch people were blindsided. By the time the limited amount of tickets sold out (The Standard reports there were less than 500), roughly 5000 people were waiting around.

When the crowd realized all tickets were gone, they began to get violent. A witness on the internet said that "several girls were stepped on and over by several guys. So messy, so messy, All the crying and yelling turned into one big wave. There were so many shoes. One girl even fell from the second floor." The original post has already been harmonized on Tianya (though you can see it at the top of a google search here). Lianhe says the rumor that this girl died hasn't been confirmed, though Hong Kong's Apple Daily seems to be reporting it as fact (watch the YouTube video in that link or below, it has some images of police guards frantically running to contain the crowd).

What they both agree on is that hundreds of people were injured, whether from the pushing and shoving or from heatstroke. The Expo official report itself said that "In the event, several tourists suffered from heatstroke and abrasions and were rushed to nearby medical facilities at the park." That's a little more than "blocked by fans," isn't it?

Which actually makes me wonder - it seems that Shanghai Daily is still the only China-based paper that's picked up on the news and their version was way more sanitized than the dozens of Mandarin reports in Chinese media. It almost feels like Chinese media controllers, for the first time I've noticed, are more scared about what the outside world thinks than what their own people think.

the video:

credits to: Shanghaiist+ Epochtimes + pretty_tin7@soompi

Do not Hotlink! take out with full credits! do not add your own!

Guest fanhae

Just wanna share it..^^

[K-Pops Hot Clip] Bonamana - Super Junior

4th Week of May 2010 K-Chart (2010.5.28) 1. Bonamana - Super Junior

cr: KBSWorld@YT

wishing they win until 13weeks.. >,<

Guest Maila_Oscar

I can't wait to watch come to play!

I'll share this since no one has posted it yet! :lol:

Taecyeon yoona vs Soheechul [eng sub]

and

SoHeeChul MV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1EMmqH4oqc

From the sounds of it we will see more Super Wonder match ups on come to play!!! :P

They both think Sulli is cute.

Edit

I hope nobody died at Shanghai Expo!

^ It's on MBC at 11:15PM KST ^^

100527 Guerilla Date Filming - Super Junior

cr: pinkninjaish@youtube

These are the unaired parts ^^

thx so much for this

i really wish they had aired this!!

so much funnier!! when donghae & co went to yell into the mic thingy haha

and of course Siwon *sigh of admiration

he sang the OML song!!!

OMGGGGGG i miss that song totally!!! and to hear him sing it accapella

TTTTTTTTTTTT

i want to hear itttttttttt

K-pop group Super Junior's concert causes stampede at Shanghai Expo, one death reported

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i48.tinypic.com/1szifn.jp

A Korean pop concert held yesterday at the Expo Culture Center caused something of a stampede - reports of how bad it got vary, from the Epoch Time's rumor that someone died to Shanghai Daily's blithe announcement that the streets were "blocked by fans."

If anything, this event was a warning about the power of K-pop: South Korea had planned a "classical and pop" concert that included insanely huge acts - Kangta, BoA and Super Junior, whose Shanghai shows sell out at 10,000+ seated stadiums each year they come. They're so insanely huge that it almost makes you wonder what organizers were thinking when they arranged that show.

To get in, all you supposedly had to do was get an Expo ticket and line up at the center, an act which, if you're a student, costs 90RMB. That's way less than the Super Junior 2009 show's ticket prices at Yuan Shen Sports Center, where the cheapest you could get in for was 480RMB. Unfortunately, there were only 5000 tickets available, and half of those had already been given to South Korean groups - a fact that eager Chinese K-pop fans hadn't been made aware of.

By midnight on Saturday, according to Lianhe Zaobao, there were already 2000 people waiting outside the Expo's Pudong door. Night watch people were blindsided. By the time the limited amount of tickets sold out (The Standard reports there were less than 500), roughly 5000 people were waiting around.

When the crowd realized all tickets were gone, they began to get violent. A witness on the internet said that "several girls were stepped on and over by several guys. So messy, so messy, All the crying and yelling turned into one big wave. There were so many shoes. One girl even fell from the second floor." The original post has already been harmonized on Tianya (though you can see it at the top of a google search here). Lianhe says the rumor that this girl died hasn't been confirmed, though Hong Kong's Apple Daily seems to be reporting it as fact (watch the YouTube video in that link or below, it has some images of police guards frantically running to contain the crowd).

What they both agree on is that hundreds of people were injured, whether from the pushing and shoving or from heatstroke. The Expo official report itself said that "In the event, several tourists suffered from heatstroke and abrasions and were rushed to nearby medical facilities at the park." That's a little more than "blocked by fans," isn't it?

Which actually makes me wonder - it seems that Shanghai Daily is still the only China-based paper that's picked up on the news and their version was way more sanitized than the dozens of Mandarin reports in Chinese media. It almost feels like Chinese media controllers, for the first time I've noticed, are more scared about what the outside world thinks than what their own people think.

the video:

credits to: Shanghaiist+ Epochtimes + pretty_tin7@soompi

Do not Hotlink! take out with full credits! do not add your own!

i really dont know about this

it's true that China censors its media

but at the same time appledaily is not exactly a trustworthy news source (known fact in hong kong)

and in the report (which i translated on YT), it even says that the concert was cancelled

it's like HUH???

get your facts right???

but as it's been made known, the World expo has been pretty messy and chaotic

and this illustrates another example of lack of organisation and underestimation of Kpop and human power

Guest doraezzz

this is only a rumour and from what i read elsewhere, the source is questionable n that is also a part of the article which is missing here saying the concert is cancelled which is certainly not true. anyway, we arent suppose to share rumours here

does anyone know how to stream mbc come to play ?

http://www.omgkpop.com/mbc/

pls install the plug ins too :)

100531 Super Junior @ MBC Backstage with Fans

- LT, SM, SD, DH, KH, EH -

69661680.jpg

to cyworld.com/prof70925 + SJ-BLUECN | shared by superlover♫ @sj-world.net

Take out with full credit | DO NOT HOTLINK

Guest €ø†¥

Eng [Fancam] 100523 FanMeeting - Marry U kangin talk Main Heechul

[fancam] 100523 Super junior hug group @ Super junior 2nd Fanmeeting

Guest AnGeL_FisH

[Clip] 100524 Sukira ,, Bonamana (날바라봐라) dance cut

KTR 20100531

Credit : LTChompoo@Leeteuktoday

untitled13h.jpg

100528 ,, MBC Leeteuk Interview Cut

linkleeteuktd.pnglinkleeteuktd.pnglinkleeteuktd.png

Please take out our logo and full of credit

CAP n GIFS by : bozii @ leeteuktoday.com

Do not hot link | Please re-upload by yourself

10052801.jpg

10052802.jpg

10052803.jpg

10052804.jpg

10052805.gif 10052806.gif

Guest ocha^

I found another news of the china expo on Sina http://english.sina.com/china/p/2010/0530/322210.html

Concert chaos as fans stampede

Armed police were called in to the Expo Park Sunday when thousands of fans waiting for a South Korean pop concert stampeded after discovering that expected tickets for the event had been given away.

The organizers were supposed to reserve 2,000 tickets out of 5,000 for the concert featuring Super Junior, a popular boy band from South Korea. But only 200 were handed out at 10 am, a local senior high school student, Hu Feifei, told the Global Times at the Expo Performance Center.

According to the fans, staff in the center gave them the wrong information about where the tickets would be distributed, which kept the crowd charging between the western and southern gates of the Center, with some falling on the ground.

"I saw shoes, hats, purses and glasses on the ground. In the rush, I saw a girl fall onto the ground. Her head was trampled upon four times. She was bleeding," a fan surnamed Wang, who didn't want to give her full name, told the Global Times. Wang said she was so frightened she burst into tears.

By then the center was surrounded by two ranks of armed police officers, who stood with linked hands, preventing anyone unauthorized from getting close to the building.

An security officer, who declined to give his name, told the Global Times that the armed police were the mobile force for the Park. "We took action to maintain order once we received the command," he said.

Without commenting on online rumors that several people had died in the chaos, expo organizers only confirmed Sunday that two girls had been slightly injured. "The minor injuries were handled by medical staff inside the Park," said an unnamed official with the security department of the Expo Bureau.

A staff member from the South Korea Pavilion, surnamed Kim, said the fans' passion was understandable but they could do nothing to help the situation. "The Expo Bureau is in charge of ticket issues. We felt sorry that so many people couldn't get a ticket. But I think it would have been better if they had accepted the fact sooner," Kim said.

Although organizers announced soon after 10 am that all the tickets for the evening show had been taken, a lot of fans, mostly teenagers, were angry and refused to leave without a proper explanation.

"It's unbelievable that I couldn't get a single ticket! I was in the front of the queue. How could I just go back home peacefully after being fooled like this by the organizers," said Lin Dan, a high school senior from Jiangsu Province. Lin Dan is a fan of Super Junior, a popular boy band from South Korea which was appearing at the concert. She told the Global Times that she waited through the whole night outside Gate No.6 to make sure of a seat at the concert.

The concert, which featured popular bands Super Junior and f(x) and star singers like Ahn Chil Hyun and Kwon BoA, was originally scheduled to start at 7 pm but was postponed by one hour.

Upon learning the news that the show had started, hundreds of fans, who had been waiting in the square outside the Center since early in the morning, burst into tears.

But then they were cheered when the doors to the performance hall were opened.

"We were told that if we lined up in order, they would let us in. So we did this immediately," said teenager Tang Jiao. Tang called the Global Times at 8:30 pm, just after she entered the hall, saying that there were still seats available at that stage.

Other visitors to the Expo had to walk for more than 20 minutes to reach the Saudi Arabia and the Japan Pavilion from the closest bus stations after police blocked off a section of Shibo Avenue in the Park because of the protesting fans.

and a clip from japan NNN news which show the chaos scene

i think the man say the government is responsible for this since they know the show will attract lots of ppl but they didn't make proper preparation or something like that....

They have underestimated the power of Super Junior :blink:

Guest venus02

Has anyone heard the latest news? SuJu's baidu bars are getting attacked, (i.e being spammed with hateful msgs) including the official SJ baidu bar, I don't know why this is happening T___T I don't know the full story but this is really sad, those CELF are trying to fix this but it's getting really bad. Can someone who knows Chinese please update?

I don't know the full story of that Shanghai Cocnert but I really hope that the rumors of a fan dead is not true, this is too much T_T

Guest vanilla_twit

heard the news on China and I really dont like how antis are finding it as an excuse to blame SJ. really, why not focus your anger towards the organizers of the event? I bet SJ doesnt even know how the tickets were distributed.

because of this #protectsuperjunior is trending

tumblr_l3af1qV0MS1qb1272o1_250.png

Guest venus02

It seems that all the baidu bars are locked (only a member can post now) according to @sapphirepearls, but are now attacking Yesung's baidu bar!!! Seriously those fans didn't deserve all this hate, whether it's because of the Expo today or not, this is ridiculous *sigh* anyways something nice to cheer everyone up until the rumors are cleared ^^

100531 Incheon Airport

credit to onlyhae.com | photo by Coco

shared by superlover♫ @sj-world.net

Take out with full credit | DO NOT MODIFY PICTURES | DO NOT HOTLINK

10880621.th.jpg 10880620.th.jpg

well dont think there is any clear report yet

a number of media outlets are reporting that there was a death

but then the official statement from World expo is that noone died

the baidu bars are being bombed but alot of them are under control now because they have quickly applied to put a member-only post restriction on the bars... some of them are still out of control like kyuhyun's

i've read some of the anti's comments and most of them are linking liking suju= betraying your country

liking korean stars has resulted in killing ur own countrymen

blah blah blah

this is such crap but this type of thing is no surprise coming from china

but it should be ok soon after they restrict the posts in each bar

that's sad news... I feel sorry for the boys, if there's anyone to be blamed it's the lack of security and organization of who ever produced the concert in this type of scenario, I mean the fans are expected to be somehow wild... si there should be sufficient force to hold them up...

It's not the boys' fault...

Guest toGETherONE

gees, you say the star power of SuJu, I say those teenage hormones need some balance. woah!

i do hope those fans in china be well and happy after all.

Guest venus02

@cecilia That's ridiculous, and now SuJu are getting more hated and attacking fans baidu bar (SJM is next according to KyumiBar@twitter) :/ And according to @sapphirepearls Ming's bar is next and I guess they'll keep going until who knows T_T

I really feel so bad for those fans, this is not a human being acts, don't involve other people who are innocent!

I'll keep posting something nice, just for the sake of keeping me sane >_<

100530 Super Junior (Sorry Sorry) at 2010 Shanghai World Expo Music Festival

100530 Super Junior (Bonamana) @ 2010 Shanghai World Expo Music Festival

cr: pinkninjaish@youtube

Guest brinie42

Regarding the stampede, the organizers should have foreseen this already (c'mon how many sold out concerts did Suju have in China already). By experience they should have been more prepared. Suju Baidu bars are getting attacked now. stupid really- why blame Suju when it's the organizer's fault...

Haishhh really some people aren't thinking at all :(

Anyway always protect Super Junior :)

Guest SiSyd Choi

They are being ridiculous and unreasonable..

Its not SuJu's fault or all the other artists that they invited to that event...

Blame it on the organizer and management..They should have manage it and be prepared...

Why blame the guests??? Pssh, an excuse to attack SuJu, that's lame..that's all the haters will ever do, attacked the fancafe and say hurtful things which I think most of us here and SuJu are immune too by now..It's sad but then again they're always attack us like this...

SuJu and ELF, Stay strong!!