[TW DRAMA 2011] 陽光小妹 / 陽光天使 SUNSHINE GIRL / SUNSHINE ANGEL

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

WU ZUN & RAINIE YANG
Princess of Cute Rainie Yang is scared of Wu Zun's good looks! The two will collaborate in new idol drama 陽光小妹 (lit trans: Sunshine Girl) in May. Upon knowing that her new co-star would be Wu Zun, Rainie admitted that she had been looking forward to working with him for a long time, but her first reaction was: I'm dead! He's even prettier than me! Will other people think he's the female lead? The 2 have not formally met yet, and already Rainie is worried that her own beauty is not up to par with his.

Last year, Rainie missed the chance to collaborate with Wu Zun in ToGetHer. But this year, the chance has come again! The 2 are not very familiar with each other as this will be their first collaboration together. However, back when Wu Zun filmed Tokyo Juliet with Ariel Lin, Rainie once went to visit her good friend, so she also got to meet Wu Zun, who wasn't as popular back then. Her first impression of Wu Zun was: This person is too pretty ah! Even till now, Wu Zun's good looks have left a deep impression on her. Rainie revealed that the person she would most like to collaborate with is film king Tony Leung, however she feels that this seems impossible.

Besides dramas, Rainie has also accepted 6 endorsements in only 4 months, and within the year, she also has to film advertisements that she had accepted last year. Her work schedule is very full. Yesterday, Rainie attended a promotion event for her new beauty beverage endorsement, and revealed that she once had severe constipation problems, and couldn't go toilet for 10 days. She expressed that it's very embarrassing to tell ]this story but after she drank the beauty beverage, the constipation problem immediately disappeared and even her skin became more smooth.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GTV calls Wu Chun for help to save their dismal ratings

Wu Chun hasn’t appeared in any idol dramas since making a leap to the big screen. He is rumored to be returning to TV in a GTV idol drama with Rainie Yang this summer. According to reports, GTV had high hopes for Jerry Yan’s Down With Love, but it failed to end the network’s losing streak against SETTV. They hope Wu Chun be able to help them reclaim the Sunday night idol drama ratings crown.

Starting from They Kiss Again, Rolling Love, to the more recent Momo Love, GTV has lost to SETTV in 9 consecutive dramas. They originally hoped A-list stars like Jerry Yan and Ella would help them turn things around. Much to their dismay, Down With Love ended up in a tough ratings battle with SETTV’s P.S. Man, which hasn't been a stellar drama either. Their concern became more serious as P. S. Man started to pull away with its lead last week.

GTV is rumored to call upon Wu Chun for help because of hit dramas like Hana Kimi and Romantic Princess. The actor is said to be reluctant to return to TV since he has already shifted his focus to movies. However, he is under pressure to return a favor to the network that made him a star, as well as fans who have wanted to see him on TV again. Wu Chun might be GTV's “Last Ancestral Tablet”, so they hope he can create some ratings magic with Rainie Yang, who also has a long winning streak. The new drama (which roughly translates to) Sunshine Girl is expected to go up against SETTV in the summer. Unlike most GTV idol dramas that have been adapted from manga or fiction, the new series will be based on an original screenplay.

As for Down With Love’s mediocre performance, fans defended their idols by saying that the poor ratings are due the drama being leaked on the Internet. A GTV representative confirmed that a new series will indeed start filming in April, but since it is not led by GTV, the specifics will be determined by the production team.

Wu Chun goes "Brother Sharp" for his new role

It's been nearly two years since we last saw Wu Chun in Hot Shot, but the wait is almost over! He will soon be returning to TV alongside Rainie Yang in the new idol drama 陽光天使 (roughly translates to "Sunny Angel"). Wu Chun's character is an entrepreneur who ended up living in the streets after going bankrupt. It remains to be seen if his “street-style” can top the beloved Brother Sharp, but he promises that “it’s not gonna look pretty”.

As for his costar Rainie Yang, Wu Chun said his impression of her is that she is very experienced despite her young age: “She debuted early. (I) thought there would be some distance, but (I) realized she’s just like a girl after meeting her.” Rainie Yang recently said in an interview that she is worried about Wu Chun looking prettier than her. In response, he said he looks “just okay”, and doesn’t believe pretty necessarily means girly. He stressed, “Whether I'm manly or not is something I know within myself, it’s fine as long as I know I’m not girly.”

Wu Chun is already feeling the pressure as filming of the drama is only scheduled to take three months. He said memorizing the lines will be his greatest challenge, because “there are too many business-related terms!” Although he’s an entrepreneur in real life, Wu Chun said his personality is completely different from his character, “I’m very easy going. I always give second chances for mistakes.” But Boss-Wu Chun does have his taboo, “I hate employee-gossiping the most. That would affect their work.” Can they admire their boss? He laughed and said, “Of course, that would make them more serious about working.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Rainie Yang and Wu Chun bonding just fine for latest idol drama

When boy band Fahrenheit’s Wu Chun was cast as the lead actor for the upcoming Taiwanese drama “Sunshine Angel 陽光天使” alongside Taiwanese pop princess Rainie Yang, many thought that the shy, reserved, and cool-natured Wu Chun would make an incompatible coupling with the passionately zany and attention-loving Rainie. Yet once the two famous Taiwanese entertainers embarked to Shanghai for the filming of their new idol drama, their acting took on an authentic air of sweetheart romance during shooting, and their professional relationship off camera has been remarkably warm. The duo has often been seen chatting and laughing together on the set, and not only have they been eating together frequently, but they also have flirtatious arguments and give off an affectionate vibe

Wu Chun’s cold disposition thawed by Rainie

Wu Chun has been especially much of the talk alongside female stars with frank personalities, having been in scandals with girls such as previous idol drama co-stars Ella of girl group S.H.E and Angela Chang. Co-starring with Rainie this time around, Wu Chun’s long-known cold disposition has been “thawed” by Rainie once they went abroad for shooting. For instance, prior to filming the idol drama, Rainie Yang had praised Wu Chun for being handsome. Moreover, once they started filming on location in Shanghai, since the temperature for their outdoor scenes was chilly to the point of shivering despite already being June, the two would watch over each other and also venture out together during meal breaks.

Ill-fated couple on-screen, animated pair off-screen

In the idol drama, Rainie plays a pure, kind-hearted, and easy-going girl who encounters an unconventional Wu Chun. The two of them have many scenes with conflicts, one which involves them in a shabby area eating commoner food as they scowl at each other like an ill-fated couple. But once the cameras stop filming, Wu Chun would commence with his teasing at Rainie's expense. He would also quickly say “You’re dumb!” to Rainie, and when she asks what he just said, Wu Chun would lie by saying that he told her “You’re beautiful!” Furthermore, since Wu Chun’s real name is Wu Ji Zun, Rainie came up with the nickname "Xiao Ji" to Wu Chun, which progressed their relationship much further.

Wu Chun’s management commented that Rainie knows how to create an atmosphere, and that she would often tell jokes to everyone on the spot. Furthermore, his management commented that Wu Chun has been easy to get along with, as both him and Rainie have been interacting with each other like any regular encounter. Whether there’s any sort of romance involved, Wu Chun’s management is not aware of any. Rainie’s management added by explaining that the both of them are simply good friends that work close together and bond well with each other, and that people should not look at their professional relationship too deeply.

Guest yooshu_cassie

hey..i dun mind at all if any bonding were created after this drama^^

can't wait for this...i had watched all rainie's drama..she's a great actress...

Wu Chun's face swollen from being slapped by Rainie

Wu Chun fans’ hearts will surely ache. The handsome and fair-skinned Wu Chun was slapped in the face five to six times by co-star Rainie Yang during the filming of their new drama, “Sunshine Angel 陽光天使.” For the sake of realism, Rainie didn’t hold back, “That day, he turned into a ‘pig head’ (swollen face) after I hit him a couple of times.” And took two days for Wu Chun's face to heal. Furthermore, in another scene where she had to hit Wu Chun’s chest, she hit him so hard that she bruised him. Although Wu Chun went through much physical torture, he often made mistakes in his speech, causing Rainie to be angry. For example, he called Rainie a "busybody" when he wanted to say that she is a "considerate" person.

The drama held their press conference yesterday at Okinawa. Its production cost is around eighty million dollars (NT), and it is a collaboration between Taiwan, China, and Japan. But the media were more interested in Rainie and Wu Chun’s love lives. Wu Chun revealed that he has not dated for 14 years, while Rainie has also been single for almost six years. When Wu Chun was asked if he really has no desire to date, he responded, “I have strong willpower.”

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AMIbunny

omg, right when i saw the title, my face was like =O!!! *Excited* !! Rainie Yang is my absolute favorite Taiwanese celebrity ^_^ And Wu Zun is so dang hot! i can't wait!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dorkiilove

Is there a summary on what the drama is going to be about?

I'm in need of a lighthearted drama. :3 I've had quite a few serious ones, so

I'll be looking forward to this drama.

Archived