• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe I’m one of the few that wasn’t shocked by the news?When I’m curious about actors’ relationship, I tend not to look at their interaction on screen because it’s acting. I focus more on their real

Hi everyone. Came here after watching CLOY and being blown away by SYJ's amazing acting!  She was so great at both the comedy (loved all the scenes with the North Koreans, the ajummas and the boys, as

SYJ is legendary for her acting skills and  beauty...she has so many awards for her acting it's crazy. very well deserved too. HB is a man and most drama viewers are female so he's more popular I

Not a fan of leopard print or that hair, but the interview with W Korea was a lot of fun to watch!  Yejin is very charming.  And okay, yes, the couple outfit with Kitty (lol) is cute. :P 

Fingers crossed for news about her next project soon. 

On 5/15/2021 at 8:12 PM, puan iryantie said:

its a little sad her "the truth beneath" not included the Baeksang 52nd nominate,

but its paying at another award, I am happy for her :heart: 

The Truth Beneath had the unfortunate luck of being released the same year as the more mainstream, more audience-friendly The Last Princess. Had it been released a year before or after TLP, I really think SYJ would have easily swept the acting awards with TTB.

Nonetheless, TTB got her a lot of critics’ choice awards the same year. Check out the Busan Film Critics Awards - one of the more prestigious and nitpicky critics’ groups out there - they don’t always hand out awards for categories if nothing meets their standards. SYJ won for TTB for 2016:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busan_Film_Critics_Awards

Valentino updated their SNS recently to mention Son Ye Jin in W Korea. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPYzCM1JX1e/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I know nothing about brand reputation rankings. Son Ye Jin still made it for in top 10 for May brand reputation rankings

The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for film actors!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community awareness indexes of 50 popular movie stars, using big data collected from April 30 to May 30.

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

Youn Yuh Jung

Song Joong Ki

Lee Dong Hwi

Lee Je Hoon

Gong Yoo

Park Seo Joon

Kim Ok Bin

Hyun Bin

Lee Byung Hun

Son Ye Jin

https://www.soompi.com/article/1471954wpp/may-movie-star-brand-reputation-rankings-announced-2

https://www.soompi.com/article/1472417wpp/yeon-woo-jin-and-lee-moo-saeng-in-talks-along-with-son-ye-jin-and-jeon-mi-do-for-new-drama
Yeon Woo Jin And Lee Moo Saeng In Talks Along With Son Ye Jin And Jeon Mi Do For New Drama

by D. Kim | Jun 1, 2021

F7305905-A594-448D-AD76-875C315BFC59.web

More potential cast members for “39” (literal title) have been revealed!

On June 1, JoyNews 24 reported that Yeon Woo Jin will be starring as the male lead in the upcoming JTBC drama. It was also reported that Lee Moo Saeng will be joining the cast.

In response to the reports, Yeon Woo Jin’s agency Jump Entertainment commented, “It is a project he is positively considering,” while Lee Moo Saeng’s agency Alien Company shared, “It is true he received an offer to star in ’39,’ and he is reviewing [the offer].”

“39” is a 12-episode drama about the romance and everyday lives of three friends who are on the verge of turning 40. As announced previously, Son Ye Jin has been offered the role of Cha Mi Jo, who grew up in a wealthy environment and is now the head dermatologist of a clinic in Gangnam, while Jeon Mi Do is in talks to play acting teacher Jung Chan Young. It was additionally announced last week that Ahn So Hee is reviewing a casting offer for the drama.

The drama will be written by Yoo Young Ah, who previously wrote “Encounter,” “Entertainer,” and the film “My Annoying Brother,” and it will be directed by Kim Sang Ho, who recently worked on “Run On.”

In the meantime, watch Yeon Woo Jin in “Marriage, Not Dating“:  WATCH NOW

And Lee Moo Saeng in “The Crowned Clown“:  WATCH NOW

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

The 3rd friend in 39 will be played by Kim Ji Hyun 

Actor Kim Ji-hyun joins Thirty Nine to form a warm-hearted relationship with Son Ye-jin and Jeon Mi-do.

According to Joy News24 coverage on the 2nd, Kim Ji-hyun was cast in the drama "Thirty Nine" (playwright Yoo Young-ah, director Kim Sang-ho), which is scheduled to be organized by JTBC.

Actor Kim Ji-hyun will appear in "Thirty Nine." 

Thirty-nine is a real-life human romance about the love and life of three friends who are about to turn 40, and Kim Ji-hyun works with Son Ye-jin and Jeon Mi-do, who announced their appearance earlier, as friends of the same age as 39 years old.

Kim Ji-hyun, who has been active in numerous musicals and plays such as "Bungee Jump," "Man of Brahmancha," "The Days," and "Pride," showed off her extraordinary presence on tvN's "100 million stars falling from the sky," SBS's "Saebyeol" and KBS' "Justice." She was recently cast on JTBC's "The Sabatoge City" and is currently filming.

In particular, Kim Ji-hyun was cast as Tae-hee in the 2013 musical "Bungee Jump" with Jeon Mi-do. Although they were not on the same stage because they played the same role, high expectations are being paid to the first collaboration of the two, who have been loved as "trusted actors" in the performance industry.

Thirty-nine is a 12-episode film produced by Lotte Cultureworks. Writer Yoo Young-ah, who wrote the drama "Encounter" will be in charge of writing, and director Kim Sang-ho, who was co-director of "Run On," will be the main director of the mini-series for the first time.

Son Ye-jin, Jeon Mi-do, and Kim Ji-hyun, as well as Yeon Woo-jin, Lee Moo-saeng and Ahn So-hee, are scheduled to start filming in the second half. The exact date of the broadcast is up in the air.

http://m.joynews24.com/v/1372290

Son Ye Jin's friend/agency mate/co star on Something In The Rain Wi Ha Jun is busy promoting his movie this week that's also airing on TVing. SYJ was brought up as one of the actors he works with :)

Park Kyung Ri who is on JTBC's drama, Undercover mentioned Son Ye Jin and Jun Ji Hyun as her role models

Park Kyung-ri wants to be an actor with the heart of rookie. When asked who his role model was as an actor, she said, "I like Son Ye-jin and Jun Ji-hyun. I watched the movie 'A Moment To Remember' several times because I like it. "What's interesting is that there are fashion trends these days," she said. "I like romance with stories and deep and desperate. I like ballad songs, too. Recently, she likes Kwon Jin-ah's "Backside of Goodbye," Park Jae-jung's "As Much as I Love You" and Oh My Girl's "Dun Dun Dance." "Oh My Girl's stage is so cute."

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2021060814290082985

It is more improbable that "The Cross" movie will not be made. Variety has reported:

“They Are Us,” a new drama about the aftermath of the Christchurch attacks on New Zealand’s Muslim community is the next project that will be written and directed by Andrew Niccol.   FilmNation Entertainment, the company behind “Late Night” and “Arrival,” will unveil the project to international buyers at the upcoming Cannes Virtual Market with CAA Media Finance submitting it to domestic and worldwide distributors. (It is unclear whether Niccol has financing or is looking for financial investors at Cannes. His agency, CAA, appears to being putting together the project from its talent base.)

I first found it strange that SYJ named her new puppy Kitty. Unless she was making a humorous play on words; naming her dog after a cat name. But then I realized that Kitty was a very popular nickname in the 1920s-1950s for Katherine. I have noticed that many Korean celebrities name their pets with English names. If I recall correctly, SYJ had a dog named Benji.

@welh11yes I didn't want to bring that news here since we haven't had an update on Cross officially since January - it being delayed to film to September instead. I didn't want to jump into official conclusions on Cross. Regardless, it already said then that it was also not sure if filming could happen in September (due to covid situation). Son Ye Jin also mentioned she couldn't talk about Cross more in Glass China bringing up "situation" too. If she is considering doing 39, it will be filming same time as Cross as 39 is filming second half of the year which is sometime this year. So we shall see what has happened. She was "positively reviewing" the offer for 39 in April - the news then. 

Regardless, Andrew's new project he will be writing and directing. They are getting buyers at Cannes Market. It will be taking place in New Zealand (higher chance it could get filmed ). They only announced Rose as the lead though. So it could film later in the year or more likely next year - depending where his new project is at and how it does at Cannes Market.

Update on Crash Landing On You musical

"Crash Landing On You," musical...Wizwick Studio Co-produced

http://www.slist.kr/news/photo/202106/259268_432146_4511.jpeg
The musical "Crash Landing on You" meets with Wiziwick Studio, which gave birth to the Netflix movie "Seungriho," to increase the level of perfection.

According to Pop Music Co., Ltd. and T2N Media Co., Ltd. on the 14th, Wizwick Studio will participate as a co-production partner for the musical "Crash Landing on Love" to showcase stage and LED production with new technologies.

Wizwick Studio is a representative CG/VFX technology-based comprehensive content production solution company in South Korea and is the first official Disney partner in South Korea. In addition to CG/VFX technology, realistic content production technologies such as virtual production infrastructure, augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and virtual convergence technology (XR) are expected to be used for the musical "Crash Landing of Love ."

The production of the musical "Crash Landing on Love" is also speeding up. Pop Music Co., Ltd. and T2N Media Co., Ltd. have already completed the formation of major staff members and are reportedly stepping up their casting work in earnest. Starting with Seoul in mid-2022, he is planning to meet his fans.

Pop Music Co., Ltd. and T2N Media Co., Ltd. said, "Expectations are already rising as Wizwick Studio participates in the production of the musical 'Crash Landing on Love'." "We will do our best to add to the audience's immersion and emotion through colorful technologies that have not been seen in previous musicals."

http://m.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=259268

Looks like Son Ye Jin's live event for SMART is coming soon . 

The stream is only available in the Philippines for all Smart Prepaid, Smart Postpaid (Smart Signature and legacy/non-Signature plans), Smart Infinity, Smart Bro, and TNT subscribers. Just make sure that you connect using your mobile data.

• Like 1

Son Ye Jin's post before bed. To brag about her dumplings she made for the first time :) 

dumplings.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQJJmubH87J/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Lee Jung Hyun left comment saying Elegant, So delicious 

Some more details on the SMART upcoming event - it looks like it will involve more SMART endorsers (kpop idols, groups) were also mentioned

• Like 1